Tetris Movie Starts Shooting Next Year

Pages PREV 1 2

The Rogue Wolf:

Callate:
...Shouldn't it be a tetralogy?

You? You get punched in the face by Robin. And not even one of the cool Robins. Like... Burt Ward Robin.

Aw, man?! I hope I at least get a ridiculous sound-effect balloon.

If we are scraping the bottom of the barrel, how about a Where's Waldo movie? There is a story there!

What do you want to bet it will have Megan Fox as one of the characters... >_>

Remember when Saturday Night Live spin-off movies were considered the bottom of the barrel? We did not know how deep the barrel truly went.....

Terminalchaos:
If the straight pieces are over-represented, I'm going to be furious. Not because they're straight, but because in real Tetris they never show up when you frickin' need one. Ever.

Maybe aliens find Tetris and its the one cultural tidbit they enjoy about us. Maybe we are forced to hold high tech Tetris tournaments to live.

I'm now looking forward to the climactic showdown wherein the heroes are about to lose, and then deus-ex machina straight tetris pieces fall from the sky Lord of the Rings Eagles-style and save the day.

After the atrocity that was Pixels, I'll just wait and see what this one does.

Did Battleship teach these idiots nothing? There will NOT be three movies made, I guarantee you that. No one will pay to see a Tetris movie.

Everyone who doesn't like this is a tetrist.

Seriously though, say what you will about that Battleship garbage, at least it had actual action and a pseudo-storyline to go off: two different teams of ships don't like each other, they duke it out. The only way I can see this "working" is either A) a Pixels style romp in which actual Tetris blocks are crushing everything on Earth, or B) an incredibly meta and pretentious thriller in which Tetris blocks are code for something entirely unrelated.

Zer0Saber:
and after over a decade the prediction has come to be.

Scary how much Penny arcade is ahead of thing sometimes.

Evonisia:

Terminalchaos:
If the straight pieces are over-represented, I'm going to be furious. Not because they're straight, but because in real Tetris they never show up when you frickin' need one. Ever.

Maybe aliens find Tetris and its the one cultural tidbit they enjoy about us. Maybe we are forced to hold high tech Tetris tournaments to live.

I'm now looking forward to the climactic showdown wherein the heroes are about to lose, and then deus-ex machina straight tetris pieces fall from the sky Lord of the Rings Eagles-style and save the day.

Of course to an epic rendition of Korobeiniki. I actually think that would fit the theme nicely.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here