New Ghostbusters Trailer Introduces Slimer, Shows off Chris Hemsworth

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

New Ghostbusters Trailer Introduces Slimer, Shows off Chris Hemsworth

The first official Ghostbusters trailer was a little underwhelming. Will the new trailer fix that?

The first Ghostbusters trailer was unpopular, to put it mildly - unpopular enough to inspire a fan to recut it in order to "fix" it. The trailer currently sits at number 12 on YouTube's list of Most Disliked Videos, leading to some very stern words from director Paul Feig.

Now the second trailer has hit, showing off more of the upcoming reboot's special effects, as well as reintroducing fans to Slimer. The trailer also shows off more of Chris Hemsworth's Kevin, and how he fits into the story. There appears to be a decent amount of plot details in the trailer, so I'm not going to say more than that, for those who would like to go in blind.

Ghostbusters releases in theaters on July 15.

Ooookay...why didn't they lead with this?

It's not a perfect trailer by any means, but it is leaps and bounds better than that first one.

I dunno, it seems like fun... It has a Scooby- Doo movies feel to it, which should work well with kids.

Though, true story, I was at a showing of the Scooby Doo movie like, fourteen years ago and I have never seen so many little kids screaming and crying being taken out of the theater after that ghost showing up within the first 15 minutes.

Background: I don't care about ghostbusters, old or new version.

I am liking the effects in this one, nothing that funny however.

I like it. Can i say that i like it? Well too bad, just did. Maybe even the first trailer for a comedy that picked the odd non-cringe-inducing jokes i've seen. Will it be enough to sway the stubborn though? The word "Ghostbusters" acts like a steak in a sharkpool within internet communities lately, so expect many a comment.

Xsjadoblayde:
I like it. Can i say that i like it?

Why the hell not? I mean, nobody can forbid you from doing so and the worst thing that could come out of it is a few people calling you a "poopyface". Yes, I know that you were joking, I am just saying.

OT: Naaah. I am still way more scared by older special effects and jokes aren't really that funny. Well, maybe except for that "calmly taking dragon from the concert on my shoulders" one.

Okay we can all admit its technically funnier than the fist trailer, seeings how the first one only had one joke, Kristen Wig has a slimy vagina.

But this one is better! It has a black joke, a bukkake joke(I think?), AND multiple reverences to the original movie, and is that the StayPuft Marshmallow man I see?

But they went ahead and ruined the Thor gets possessed by a evil clown ghost carnival barker scene. That could have been a fun little scene.

This trailer is a massive improvement over the last one. I give it a solid 2/10.

P.S. Thanks

A good improvement - though my previous opinions on the ghosts looking waaaay to neon-glowy and cartoony.

The "girl thing or a race thing" joke though... it falls as flat as the failed attempt at crowd-surfing.

Significantly less shit across the board. Now it just looks like an awkward, unfunny mess, as opposed to a painful, cringe-inducing disaster.

I dont think anything can salvage the movie by now. Not even a slightly less incompetent trailer.

Unless its doing a transformer... but i doubt it will... transformer didnt had the feminist taint clinging to it and was just stupid fun...

This on the other hand? Its only stupid without the fun... not to mention this movie is going up directly against the likes of World of warcraft... whereas transformers didnt really went up against anything else.

Wonder if blizzard will also crush its oponents in the cinema as they did on the mmo market?

Not quite as bad as the first trailer - which isn't really saying much - but I still don't think this is shaping up to be something I would ever willingly pay money to see.

foLyka 23 hours ago:

"UHHH I DONT KNOW IF IT WAS A RACE THING OR A LADY THING"

stop this

For once, YouTube comments perfectly encapsulate my thoughts on the matter.

Okay. here we go...

1st joke worked well - good team dynamic and I like the way they were all "Um, thanks?"
1st ghost with the subdued transparent mist and darkly glowing red eyes was spooky and unsettling - good, good more fearful and scary I like.... reminded me of the Librarian from GB1 and the possessed due whose eyes glowed in the corridor in GB2. PS - you see? THIS was a scary ghost, NOT THE GLOWING NEON ONES!
(Crappy CGI green "smoke" that looks god awful :( )
Mirror ghosts... screaming face from the left hand side one. - spooky again!!! YES!

Okay, so this on the whole was goo...

(Proton packs that look plastic as hell)
(Glowing blue ghosts, awful CGI... fuck me... blrgh)
(Puke - yeah, not funny AT ALL. Godawful line afterwards)
(Fake green glowing dragon - uh, Sony? Skylanders called and would like their CGI character back...)
(Proton streams that look worse than 1984's version.)
(Pratfall with a race and weight joke that is frankly... well, you know... jesus. Just.... jesus.... (sighs and places hand over eyes) )
(Glowy green neon vortex that looks fake as fuck.)

Ah crap... craapppp!!!! I think I know wha....

Kinda cool (but still too glowy pirate dude) attacking. Looks "okay" ish. Kristen looking badass (ish)
Chris Hemsworth actually looking smugly evil? Wow... but then...
(Wheelies? Fucks sake...)

WHY isn't Hemsworth just the villain? Why is the villain a ghost that can possess? Just make Chris the villian, he looks boss. Get RID OF THE DICKHEAD HE PLAYS!

(Vortex, looks worse that 1984's version Why is it green? Green isn't scary.... especially neon green.Makes it look like a rave bar...)
Chris over the shoulder and confidently evil body language... now THIS is a good villain! And I...
(Shitty machine he's in front of, looks fake as fuck. Isn't that a prop being reused from Star Trek?)
Melissa doing the crotch pump was actually funny... oddly...
(yayy... more stealing from the original movie to try and hook the originals fans. Fucks sake...)
(Kristin Wigg doing her "I'm going crazy" montage from Bridesmaids again. Not very funny)
Melissa's line of "Kicking the unliving crap out of you, you, and ESPECIALLY you!" - that was also quite good, reminds me of "We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!" but is different enough so not to be just copying. Okay, good.
Possessed float balloons... actually, okay, the teethy one looks scary.
(Other neon ghosts afterwards.... no, shit.... looks fake and not scary.)
(Melissa punching ghosts... no NO NO! FUCK that looks awful!)
Slimer, pretty good... not as gross looking though as 1984's version. Still needs work. He's supposed to be disgusting and yet cute. Not a good job here. Sorry.
Final joke about the Dragon on her shoulders. Joke = actually VERY funny and witty. Ghost =awful CGI = neon as fuck and not scary at all... looks like Scooby Doo. Would have been funnier if it was a lot more frighting/demonic and yet they still selfie'd.
end. (sighs... yeahhhhh...)

Overall, mmmnnhhh... I am worried we just saw EVERY single funny joke from a 2hr film in less than two minutes. And I think this trailer has done that for damage control. And yet there is STILL large amounts of unfunny and not in tone shit in the new trailer!

Still a miss, maybe a netflicks "Maybe". But I have a feeling it's still going to be godawful. Now the trailer bounces the film "feel" all over the place.

PS - using the originals music at the start? Yeahh... fuck off trying to use that to hook the originals fans when the film itself is a "reboot" (grumbles) Assholes!

So much Neon. I'd come out of the theater with my eyes bleeding if I'd had any interest in seeing this mockbuster.

So on the plus side is Slimer is pretty much the same right? Also why the puff n fresh is back well mostly intact?

Either way I can guess the director will now get a new influx of hate related mails.

It looks okay. I wish I could say that I didn't understand why so many people have a problem with a reboot because it had a bad trailer, but someone's already declared the movie tainted by feminism in this very thread so I can't.

This is a much better trailer. It actually makes the film look watchable but I have a feeling we have just witnessed the only good scenes the movie has. The execs did a pretty good job hiding the awful comedy and acting in this trailer. It probably will even fool a few gullible chaps into spending money on this mess.

LifeCharacter:
It looks okay. I wish I could say that I didn't understand why so many people have a problem with a reboot because it had a bad trailer, but someone's already declared the movie tainted by feminism in this very thread so I can't.

Eh, I have a problem in that the movie looks like ass and does not seem funny at all. I think blaming either of those aspects on feminism is devoid of sense. I think it is equally vapid of those who claim that anyone who doesn't like the way the movie looks must just hate women/feminism. I've seen lots of people react negatively to movies they've not seen based on their trailers; I've never seen so many people defend a movie they haven't seen because the trailer, "is just a trailer."

All in all I like the idea of an all-female Ghostbusters. I don't so much like the way the ghosts look in this and I find the jokes to be somewhere between un-funny and cringe inducing. I do like Chris Hemsworth as their version of Janine though. Unfortunately the script looks like it will waste the talents of everyone involved.

Out of curiosity, how often do you see people react positively (or even moderately) to a trailer that looks terrible for a movie about something they really enjoy?

Gorrath:
Eh, I have a problem in that the movie looks like ass and does not seem funny at all. I think blaming either of those aspects on feminism is devoid of sense. I think it is equally vapid of those who claim that anyone who doesn't like the way the movie looks must just hate women/feminism. I've seen lots of people react negatively to movies they've not seen based on their trailers; I've never seen so many people defend a movie they haven't seen because the trailer, "is just a trailer."

I'd say it's less the fact that there is a negative reaction and more the sheer magnitude of that negative reaction. I have no doubt that there are people who just don't like the way this looks and find it unfunny (since, you know, the trailers haven't exactly been good), I just highly doubt that that is the reason why this movie is getting as much hate as it does.

Scarim Coral:
So on the plus side is Slimer is pretty much the same right? Also why the puff n fresh is back well mostly intact?

Either way I can guess the director will now get a new influx of hate related mails.

That's not the stay puff marshmallow man at the end.

it's the Ghost from the ghostbusters logo as patty visualises it when (for no reason) the villain says "choose the form of the destructor".

(sighs)

LifeCharacter:

Gorrath:

I'd say it's less the fact that there is a negative reaction and more the sheer magnitude of that negative reaction. I have no doubt that there are people who just don't like the way this looks and find it unfunny (since, you know, the trailers haven't exactly been good), I just highly doubt that that is the reason why this movie is getting as much hate as it does.

I can agree with you about that. I think there are a fair number of people who hated the idea of an all-female Ghostbusters and would have derided it no matter what. I also think a lot of the kerfuffle had to do with accusations that if someone didn't like the film it HAD to be because they are a prejudiced bigot. I can't speak to how many people hold either of those views but it was enough to create an antagonistic fire. People hating on a film just because it stars an all-female cast is nonsense and lumping everyone who doesn't like the movie from what they've seen so far is antagonistic nonsense. I have a problem with both of those attitudes, but especially the second because it becomes self-fulfilling. Antagonize the crap out of a huge number of people by claiming they are all bigots and then claim their negative response to being antagonized is caused by their bigotry.

Obviously neither you nor I fall into those attitudes. I'm glad you don't see all negative reaction to the trailers as inherently bigoted and I don't see you as being antagonistic for pointing out that some of that reaction is, certainly, driven by bigotry. I think it's probably fair to say that we represent how most people probably feel but it's bigotry and antagonism that get the limelight.

Edit: Also, I do actually like this trailer more than the last one. It does indeed make the movie look better than the first did. There's still a lot more bad than good though and I'm still not at all happy with what I see.

Well, it's better than the first trailer, I guess. I still didn't find it funny though.

Also, I'm sorry, but Leslie Jones annoyed the hell out of me.

"I DON'T KNOW IF THAT WAS A RACE THING OR A LADY THING!" That was just painful.

I guess going from bad to boring is an improvement.

Well, my expectations for the movie have raised from "Absolute trash" to "Lower-Middle attempt at a comedy".

I've no real qualms about the cast. I mean, none of them were ever particularly funny or well known to me beforehand, so most of my understanding of their comedic abilities has come from the trailers. Maybe I'm doing them, and the movie a disservice with that, but so far the trailers haven't been particularly convincing.

I always thought that the actors made ghostbusters what it was. Its not the proton packs, or slimer or the ghost apocalypse that made it, it was the people they had on hand. It seems the writer/director here for the reboot believes the opposite. The original was pretty much lighting in a bottle and I don't for a second expect any reboot attempt to match it, but so far it seems they've just tried mimicking the old formula without understanding the secret ingredient.

I guess I'll wait and see what happens, but I'm not exactly expecting much.

Something Amyss:
Ooookay...why didn't they lead with this?

It's not a perfect trailer by any means, but it is leaps and bounds better than that first one.

Significantly better.

Actually made it look fun.

LifeCharacter:

If you havent understood why people dislike this movie by now im afraid you simply dont want to understand them.. but as to my feminism comment:

Sorry i should have been more precise: tainted by Faux feminism.

The new Ghostbusters is just another victim of the virtue signaling agenda. The entire project was a complete disaster from start to finish. They where so focused on the all female team that they completly lost view about what it really was that made the first two movies so remarkable.

The humor wasnt slapstick, in your face and silly oneliners. It was the sarcasm and wry dry humor of the main cast that where pushed into ridiculus situations. Aka: They simply reacted to the world around them. This however? This is some weird slapstick / stand up comedy. It lacks the believability of the first 2 ghostbuster movies. The entire movie is a big joke... and thus is treated like one.

When i see the cast of the new movie i dont see a group of scientists (and a non scientist) who go out ghost hunting with the inventions they created, causing all sorts of shenanigans and saving the world in the process.

I see a cast of comedians pretending to be ghost hunters. There is no suspension of disbelief, these women in no way look like everyday people.. they look artificial.. and the stereotypes...oh god the stereotypes. "Sassy black woman" "freaky blonde" "nerdy teacher" "fat woman"... thats it... that is all their characters amount to and i doubt there will be any more then that.

The "jokes" are scary movie level quality... fat jokes? vagina jokes? Really? Memes? Thats all feig could come up with?

The concept of an all female team could have worked if it had been handled with the necesary care and professionalism.. this however? They put clown shoes on the ghostbuster franchise and pushed it out the door.

They are REALLY proud of that vomit joke aren't they?

So yeah better than the first.

Fine with them using Slimer because... well it's Slimer but would like to know what context, in the first he was just a bad guy, in the second he was the loveable pet that they kind of put up with, what is he in this one? Did he just hang around the fire station when the original guys left?

What worried me was the final ghost

StayPuft Marshmallow man I see?

I sure hope not, the movie is already looking to reference way to much of the original movies without reviving the 'old bad guys' mind you saying that I am guessing both Vigo the Carpathian and Gozer the Destroyer would both be too scary for this movie.

Hey, they moved up from an F- to a D+. Definitely better, but still not particularly good.

The effects just don't look great, and the dialog is largely....eh.

And the sheer ambivalence to someone they know getting possessed right in front of their eyes also made me wonder why they're even ghostbusters if something like that occurring 50 feet from them is met with, at MOST, a "Huh, that's probably not good".

That's like a firefighter watching someone's house light on fire stand there and go "Hmm....someone should do something about that."

They got some decent chuckles out of me. Come on, this is way better. Even though the current climate made me cringe so hard when she said "I don't know if this was a race-thing or a women-thing, but I'm mad as hell."

Way more satisfied.

But thanks to the first trailer, I know of a lot of lines and jokes that will blow the good ones out of the water. By far. If this, the second one, was the only trailer, they might have tricked me into watching it.

Silentpony:
is that the StayPuft Marshmallow man I see?

That my friend is the ghost from the Ghostbusters logo.

McKinnon, even with one line, is still a better Ghostbuster than the other three put together. Jones can actually pull off both timing and delivery when her schtick is not just bombastic black lady as evidenced by the Dragon portion. While good, most of her character was clearly written around the stereotype and so it's not the advantage it could have been. Case in point, the crowd surfing. McCarthy leans back on the crowd. Jones tries to jump on top of it like a 5 year old doing a half-gainer into a ball pit and then blame the resulting oh shit reaction from those under her on anything but her own idiocy. Also, what sort of idiot jumps onto her back while wearing a Curium-246 reactor connector to a particle accelerator? They appear to have combined Moranis and Potts' characters into one unholy mess. The 'totes not a callback to the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man' just makes me more sad than anything.

Huh. Kinda neat. I wouldn't try to compare it to the first Ghostbusters or anything, but thanks to this trailer it seems like a basically watchable sci-fi comedy.

It still looks like a bad movie.

The sad thing is that this bland looking, unoriginal and not very funny looking flick will provoke insane amounts of online debate over the next couple of months. Anyone who criticises it, at all, will be denounced as a racist, misogynistic basement dweller, and anyone who praises it, at all, will be denounced as a man-hating feminazi social justice warrior.

It is fucking depressing that online/geek culture has been, and will continue to, devote so much energy to giving a shit about this... product. Like it's actually worth the argument.

I'll echo the "bad, but better than first trailer" sentiments.

I almost laughed at the gargoyle ghost bit at the end but it went on too long and never got to the punchline. I know the punchline is going to be in the movie and that's the point but the setup will still be too long.

It's groan inducing, but not cringeworthy.

I'm still not going to watch it, but more because Tarzan and Star Trek are going to be the movies I go to in July than anything else.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.