Avoid Nighttime Splashdowns with this Motion-Activated LED Toilet Light

toilet-light-320

Fun fact: 100% of women who have fallen into a toilet in the middle of the night (because someone left the seat up) decide to initiate divorce within four minutes. We're not saying that the motion-activated LED toilet light can save your marriage, but we're not not saying it. Get it for $11.99 at Escapist Deals.

This color-changing bowl light helps prevent trips, falls, and little puddles around the toilet. Just pop it onto the toilet lid and it'll automatically light up when it senses motion, saying lit for 30 seconds after. When the seat it down, the light will be green for GO. When it's down, it'll be red for "I'm seeing red after falling into the toilet for the third time this month."

Get the motion-activated LED toilet light for $11.99 at Escapist Deals.

Guys. I understand you've got to make money. I can understand a deal on a Raspberry Pi being offered. I can understand courses of possibly dubious usefulness for the userbase. I can understand VPNs. I could even understand the Pico drone.

I never, ever, ever thought I'd see you guys selling toilet lights.

I...uh....
J...June fools?

Right?
I have a light switch on my wall to prevent these things.

But don't bath/toilet rooms have built-in lights for that purpose? Or is it really so common for women to not bother turning lights on that this could be actually useful?

Or is it one of those novelty things that ends up only being useful in powercuts at night when you need to go? Cause that's a very specific situation [by which point you already have a candle/torch/night vision goggles].

i think id get more use out of this by using several of them at a dance party

I have never understood the joke about women falling into the toilet. Neither have any of the women I've known in my life. Before you sit down, I/they/anyone with half a brain checks the toilet seat to make sure it is in the position that suits them. When I take a piss standing up, I make sure the lid and the rim are up. When I go to take a crap, I make sure the lid is up and the rim is down. It's not complicated, takes under 3 seconds, and it's done. I think it's insulting to insinuate that women are incapable of doing something so simple. At this point, especially after getting a dog that thinks toilet water is the most delicious thing in the universe, I just close the bowl. Whoever uses it next will have to go through the amazing hassle of lifting the lid.

Save 11.99 by....turning the light on when you go to the bathroom.

Hmm, is that sound i hear possibly the Escapist scraping the bottom of the barrel?

This piece of junk is hardly appropriate, it has no particular connection to gaming and as the commentator above me pointed out, it's pretty much rendered useless by turning on the light.

If you are going to offer us stuff, please make it stuff gamers might reasonably want!

Escapist Weekly Deals:

toilet-light-320

Fun fact: 100% of women who have fallen into a toilet in the middle of the night (because someone left the seat up) decide to initiate divorce within four minutes. We're not saying that the motion-activated LED toilet light can save your marriage, but we're not not saying it. Get it for $11.99 at Escapist Deals.

This color-changing bowl light helps prevent trips, falls, and little puddles around the toilet. Just pop it onto the toilet lid and it'll automatically light up when it senses motion, saying staying lit for 30 seconds after. When the seat it is down, the light will be green for GO. When it's down up, it'll be red for "I'm seeing red after falling into the toilet for the third time this month."

Get the motion-activated LED toilet light for $11.99 at Escapist Deals.

Couldn't you just turn on the light? I get that if you're really sleepy and have adjusted to the darkness it might be a bit bright, but do people really need some gimmicky light attached to the toilet?

Also, I really don't get the whole joke about women falling into the toilet. Do women really pay so little attention that they don't even notice if the seat is down or not?

Thats what lights are for. This has to be the most useless invention of the year.

MythicMatt:
But don't bath/toilet rooms have built-in lights for that purpose? Or is it really so common for women to not bother turning lights on that this could be actually useful?

Or is it one of those novelty things that ends up only being useful in powercuts at night when you need to go? Cause that's a very specific situation [by which point you already have a candle/torch/night vision goggles].

but dont you understand, lights were invented by a man and are therefore tools of the patriarchy whose sole purpose is to oppress women.

Also powercuts are no longer a problem nowadays now that everyones phone can act like a flashlight.

I don't know, we just have a nightlight that's bright enough to see without being too bright for someone who's eyes are adjusted to the dark. Works pretty well.

I also share everyone else's curiosity in where exactly the "women are stupid when it comes to checking the toilet seat" cliche came from. I know that I've heard it well before the South Park episode about it a few years back, but I really don't get how something that silly could even come about.

Strazdas:

MythicMatt:
*snip*

but dont you understand, lights were invented by a man and are therefore tools of the patriarchy whose sole purpose is to oppress women.

Oh, I do understand. The entire of science is based heavily on inventions made by men, up until fairly recently, when women were allowed in since everything's already been invented in some form. Besides, this light is also a light! Probaly invented by a man too lazy to turn the light on to see whether his aim's right, too.[/jk]

Ah, the problems we lesbians don't have to deal with.

On second thought, this might be a great idea for potty training.

"Kids who make poopie in their pantaloons don't get to see the fun lights! Don't you want to see the fun lights?"

Just use UV-light instead. That would have a better purpouse, since your conscious will make you clean.

Last time I checked, my hand, my arm and the light switch on the wall worked just fine in conjunction to prevent any such problems as may solved by buying and installing this device. Additionally, if one is worried about waking people up from turning on a light, closing the door first generally nullifies that issue, as well.

(One of these days, I'm going to have to find out exactly when common-sense died, just out of morbid curiosity.)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here