First Look at the Stand-Alone Gwent Game

First Look at the Stand-Alone Gwent Game

Gwent's closed beta will kick off for the Xbox one and PC in September, 2016.

One of the more... interesting pre-E3 announcements we got wind of was CD Projekt's Red stand-alone Gwent game, taking the popular Witcher 3 in-game trading card game, and turning it into its own thing. Now, we've finally gotten our first glimpse at the game, and it's looking pretty good.

In addition to the trailer, a little bit of info was also revealed. Gwent will be a free to play title, launching at first on the Xbox One and PC, with a closed beta coming this September. A PS4 release will follow sometime in the future. If you're interested in signing up, you can go over to the official play Gwent website and sing up for your platform of choice.

The game will feature "optional microtransactions," but CD Projekt Red did not mention exactly what they will be. It will also feature cross-play, at least between the Xbox One and PC versions of the game.

The game will be primarily multiplayer, with each game played over a best-of-three series of rounds, but will also feature a single-player campaign.

I'm not sure how good the game is well give the credit that is trying something different. This could easily been a blatant hearthstone ripoff.

tf2godz:
I'm not sure how good the game is well give the credit that is trying something different. This could easily been a blatant hearthstone ripoff.

It doesn't matter. It's still motherfuckin' Gwent.

Glad to see they're changing cards stats/abilities and such to make it a multiplayer game, because the game in TW3 is a single player game where you get stronger and steamroll the NPC's you play against.

tf2godz:

Look up Gwent vids from the Witcher 3, it plays very different to MTG/Hearthstone :)

I never liked Gwent. It is kinda boring (not really bad, but also not good at all), and every time I had to play it was a chore. Not enough tactical depth except for card cross effects, and takes too much time for what it gives. I get it that there is the card collecting aspect, but that never appealed to me. In the previous games I had more fun with Dice Poker. Can we bring back Dice Poker?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here