Here's What Overwatch's Golden Weapons Will Look Like

Here's What Overwatch's Golden Weapons Will Look Like

Get a first look at what Overwatch's Golden Guns will look like.

Yesterday, we told you about some new details on Overwatch's competitive mode that Blizzard had shared. Included in those details was mention of a customizable "Golden Gun" reward system that's coming when competitive mode launches later this month.

Now we're getting a first look at just what those golden weapon skins will look like, and as you might expect, they're pretty shiny. Even Bastion is getting in on the action.

The Overwatch competitive mode is expected to launch before the end of June.

Source: AllGamesDelta

... so they're going to be gold then.

K12:

Shocking truth!

They look really tacky. I love it.

I can't wait. I want that limit on duplicate heroes so badly.

Denamic:

K12:

Shocking truth!

They look really tacky. I love it.

If only we could bedazzle them.

They'll work on some characters, but on Bastion and D.VA they look out of place, now a solid gold Bastion and a solid gold mecha suit for D.VA would be cool, but that's more of a skin then a weapon thingy.

Well, they certainly look like how somebody would expect gold weapons to look like...Gold...Sortof. Not shiny enough. I demand dazzling shine from my murder toys and nothing less, so i can imitate overfunded South African warlords like all the cool kids!
I just don't understand why this is news. Gold skins are in many many many games already and they were never reported on. Is this a Blizzard funded thing or just because the game is popular? Or...both?

Golden skins look mostly as expected then. Though I will say that Junkrat and Roadhogs golden guns seem... Odd, to say the least. They're essentially guns made of golden junk, somehow.

It'd be one thing if it was full skin, but few of the weapons will look good gold with most of the current skins... McCree's peacemaker will look cool but not sure about most of the others.

This is the thing i never understood with stealthy characters in games with actual skin designs. Okay we have made a character like reaper or hanzo who needs to stay hidden as much as possible. Right so we give the character's default skin dark drown or black to not draw attention to themselves while running about. Now we have all the unlocked skins and downloadable weapons that are so brightly coloured you will be seen from 5 miles away. So the choice is stay with your default skins or be prepared to be shot every time you move from cover to cover.

Not more or less tacky than most golden skins out there. That is pretty fucking tacky.

What a shocker. The gold guns look like the regular guns but GOLD! Knock me over with a feather.

Dedtoo:
Though I will say that Junkrat and Roadhogs golden guns seem... Odd, to say the least. They're essentially guns made of golden junk, somehow.

Now you can image them being golden weapons of stolen bling from Trashmouse and Streetpigs multiple escaped :D.

OT: I hope you can combine them with already existing skins, I would love to have D.Vas golden guns on the Junkers mech skin so I can look even more out of place!

Spygon:
This is the thing i never understood with stealthy characters in games with actual skin designs. Okay we have made a character like reaper or hanzo who needs to stay hidden as much as possible. Right so we give the character's default skin dark drown or black to not draw attention to themselves while running about. Now we have all the unlocked skins and downloadable weapons that are so brightly coloured you will be seen from 5 miles away. So the choice is stay with your default skins or be prepared to be shot every time you move from cover to cover.

Well, it's not like there isn't a bright red outline when you look at enemy characters.

I'm happy they're not easy to acquire. 300 wins in competitive is quite difficult. The game would look hideous with literally everyone running around with these.

They've added a new weapon slot and currency specifically for these golden weapons. It's safe to assume that more custom non golden weapons will come at a later date.

Kibeth41:
I'm happy they're not easy to acquire.

It's overwatch. Nothing is easy to acquire. Unless... Maybe you have a few extra bucks to spare...?

Zulnam:

Kibeth41:
I'm happy they're not easy to acquire.

It's overwatch. Nothing is easy to acquire. Unless... Maybe you have a few extra bucks to spare...?

Nope, everything is easy to acquire, minus the rare skins, cause they're, ya know, rare.

Well, there's my incentive to keep playing. My main is Zenyatta, so that means I'll be working towards having shiny golden balls. And people say dreams don't come true...

Zulnam:

Oh jeez. First of all, golden guns are untouched by microtransactions. Second of all, Loot boxes are so fucking easy to get, and the exp curve generously stops at level 20.

If you're complaining that items are hard to get, then I can only assume you're leaving enough games to trigger the -75% exp punishment.

You literally can't even pay money for an advantage. It's not as if you can buy individual skins to offset the short amount of time it takes for boxes to drop.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here