Pokemon GO Update Improves Gym Functionality

Pokemon GO Update Improves Gym Functionality

pokemon go

Pokemon GO's Team Leaders now have a bit more of an active role in the game.

Pokemon GO's gym battle system is probably one of its most, lacking features. Nothing is ever really explained to new players about how it works, and the actual battle system behind it seems to be about how fast you can tap the screen. A small update to the game aims to improve the gym experience for new players, as well as giving the game's three "Team Leaders," who are only ever glimpsed as silhouettes upon reaching level 5, a bit more of an active role.

The new feature is called "Pokemon Appraisal." Upon entering a gym, the player's respective Team Leader (Candela, Blanche or Spark) will tell the player about the defending Pokemon's attack and defense capabilities, and offer suggestions on which of the player's own Pokemon to send into battle.

It's a small update to be sure but it does slightly alleviate one of the more frustrating parts of the game, particularly for players new to the whole Pokemon thing who are unaware of type-weaknesses.

Source: Niantic

TEAM INSTINCT RULES

team Valor and Mystic drool

Veldie:
TEAM INSTINCT RULES

Your assertion is incorrect - I can assure you that [arbitrary team] is by far the best. Also Candela is best girl

Veldie:
TEAM INSTINCT RULES

Zapdos is factually the best bird. Spark is factually the best leader.

OT: It's a decent addition for new players at least. After playing the games frequently for about 20 years, I still don't even know a lot of typings and weaknesses.

Hoping a major update comes sooner rather than later, though. As that will give an indicator as to how frequent their updates'll be.

They should include this Type Chart in the Pokedex for people to reference - http://blogs-images.forbes.com/insertcoin/files/2016/07/go-chart-1200x623.jpg

Now we just need to see if Niantic embraces the fan interpretations of characters. Spark the Memelord would make gym battles more fun.

Veldie:
TEAM INSTINCT RULES

It's always so cute the way you instinct folks try to compete.

Gorrath:

Veldie:
TEAM INSTINCT RULES

Well if I'm remembering the episode correctly team Instinct had the least to do with causing a bus crash, that seems like a moral high ground right?

gianttalkingpickle:

Gorrath:

Veldie:
TEAM INSTINCT RULES

Well if I'm remembering the episode correctly team Instinct had the least to do with causing a bus crash, that seems like a moral high ground right?

If you haven't crashed a motor vehicle while catching them all then you aren't trying hard enough.

Gorrath:

Veldie:
TEAM INSTINCT RULES

Valor are dicks,

Mystic are dicks, but less dickish than Valor

Instinct = Winstinct

Yeah, Instinct is the best, because Zapdos is the best. Unlike the two other trash-birds. XP

Everywhere else in the world Instinct seems to be an underdog while in my town instict seems to be 80% of the people playing xD

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here