Look Like There's a Remastered Version of Duke Nukem 3D On the Way

Look Like There's a Remastered Version of Duke Nukem 3D On the Way

duke-nukem-3d-world-tour-320

There may be a Duke Nukem 3D remaster in the works, if rumors are true.

If a rumor making the rounds is true, the countdown clock on the Duke Nukem website is marking the time until a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D is announced. In a post on Reddit, user Tezla55 explained that someone had leaked details of the game to him.

Supposedly, the game is titled Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour. According to an included quote from the leaker, the game will be a "Duke Nukem 3D remix" that will have "a lot of new/original content added in as well." It's also said to possibly have co-op and deathmatch modes, although the post does say that this isn't "100% sure."

The leak claims that the new game is being developed by Nerve Software, a studio founded by ex-id Software employee Brandon James. The company formerly worked on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, and the Doom 2 remake for Xbox Live.

Finally, the leak includes some purported screenshots from the game, which honestly don't impress. You can check them out below.

Obviously, all of this could be a fake. Screenshots aren't proof, and it's certainly possible that this isn't real. We'll find out for sure in about seven days.

All that matters is selling it on Steam again. I already have it thankfully, but I hate when games get removed from Steam (that aren't shovelware indie garbage)

Ex-id people, that makes sense. 3D Realms was also ex-id employees.

I believe it mostly cause they have been saying the game would be coming back to Steam eventually. That they are updating it somewhat is certainly a believable reason why it took so long.

Traditionally "on the way" and "Duke Nuke'Em" are two things that traditionally don't mix particularly well together.

As long as I can run it at 1500 FPS, like the original, then I'll be happy.

It would take a lot more than is on view in those screen shots to make me pay for Duke Nukem again. But, then, I got it for free from GOG, so...

From those screenshots, all I can say is that this looks fake. Why would they remaster it just to update the textures a tiny bit.

If they were going for a similar look, those enemy textures look just plain awful by today's standards.

If any of this is true then I'm calling it that atleast the screenshots are faked/ from mods. The textures feel inconsistent and 1 and 3 look like they've been completely shopped compared to duke3d.

Thats neat and all, but where is the remaster of Blood?

I don't care. I want the remake of "Time to Kill" and "Land of Babes".

Eh, to me, Duke3d is just Doom with some nicer gimmicks less cleverly used, but it was a big deal cause one of the gimmicks was strippers.

im glad i still have the original on steam before it was gone. the last title is a disaster that havent played since its release. if its really that much remastered maybe i may get it.

Meh. I don't care. I grew out of Duke Nukem years ago.

Honestly I don't think "yay another remake" makes the news anymore because everyone and their pet Chia is getting a reboot. Stay tuned for Atratzu Rebooted January 2017.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.