Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation is Joining The Escapist Full Time!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation is Joining The Escapist Full Time!

In over a decade since The Escapist was founded, there's been one single question asked more than any other question: Are you Yahtzee? The answer has always been "no," except when we wanted to practice our bad British accents, but nobody ever bought it for more than a moment. Now, we put the internet to the true test. This week, beginning September 21, Zero Punctuation's Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw will be joining The Escapist's team full-time to take on more content, as well as getting some face time with our Twitch community!

Yahtzee has been a fan favorite for ages, and he's been a staff favorite for just as long. The Zero Punctuation style is more or less its own subgenre at this point, and the series has been the origin of a number of the internet's greatest memes, like the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.

I can keep going, but I expect that if you're reading this, you have an idea of who Yahtzee is, and why this is fantastic news. Starting Wednesday, September 21, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw will be spending some time streaming whatever game he reviewed that week on our official Twitch channel! Follow us now, and join us for his debut!

"We are excited to introduce our newest employee, Yahtzee Croshaw, to the Escapist community! We hope he will be as well-received and popular as prior content creators such as - wait," said Alexander Macris, co-founder and general manager of The Escapist. "We are excited to bring you more stuff by the man you love. PC Master Race 4 Ever."

You've (I'm not going to lie. So have we.) been asking for this for years. Ask and ye shall (eventually) receive!

Aerosteam:
But at what cost?!

Ugh, dammit, i was just going to say something like this but you beat me too it.

Someone go get Yahtzee this in celebration for moving to the states.

marketing opportunity missed....tshirt and mug out of stock :(

Worgen:

Aerosteam:
But at what cost?!

Ugh, dammit, i was just going to say something like this but you beat me too it.

Someone go get Yahtzee this in celebration for moving to the states.

I know you're sad about Gabriel, but you can't scare poor Croshaw back across the ocean. It's unethical.

OT: Good to hear. I'm enjoying Extra Punctuation (I guess it's current hiatus is while he sorts things out) and I look forward to him writing more articles.

Wait, he wasn't already? Huh.

Sellout! Corporate shill!

But for real, what was he before? Just some dude who made cartoons, hung out at the Christmas party, ate the lasagna that was clearly marked MINE in the break room fridge, and everyone was too polite and in awe of his awesome hat to say anything?

Very cool. I was going to miss him and gabe doing videos but watching him play on streams will make up for it. I am also curious as to what "joining The Escapist's team full-time to take on more content" actually ends up meaning beyond the twitch streams.

I wonder how much money or deals was made to make this happen.

The Enquirer:

That's my reaction too. I've always seen The Escapist as "The Zero Punctuation site that also has other stuff."

We made him an offer he couldn't refuse!

Travis Fischer:

The Enquirer:

That's my reaction too. I've always seen The Escapist as "The Zero Punctuation site that also has other stuff."

It has been increasingly "The Zero Punctuation site that also has other stuff some times". I love the other content creators on the escapist, but there are almost none of them left. Once upon a time the escapist was a hub of great minds, like the great library of alexandria. Much like the great library however, it has been declining into a shadow of its former self.

The Escapist realises that having popular original content creators for their site is a good thing.

A few months after laying them all off.

Byodiful.

Archon:
We made him an offer he couldn't refuse!

Three beers and a ticket out of Australia? Dayum, dude.

Travis Fischer:

The Enquirer:

Well I had been thinking because he already has 3 regular pieces he does for the site. I forget when Uncivil War stopped but it may have even been 4 at one point.

CyanCat47:
It has been increasingly "The Zero Punctuation site that also has other stuff some times". I love the other content creators on the escapist, but there are almost none of them left. Once upon a time the escapist was a hub of great minds, like the great library of alexandria. Much like the great library however, it has been declining into a shadow of its former self.

Verily, this is just the start of the countdown before Yahtzee is unceremoniously given the axe for some baffling reason, and Zero Punctuation is no more - after which The Escapist will go the way of 1Up and Gamespy and so many other sites before it.

Oh well. It was a good run.

So they made him the captain of a sinking ship? Well, maybe he'll stitch the holes with band-aids and everything will be fiiiine.

Hey, if all the old timers get banned or leave, and the Escapist gets a flood of new members, does that mean... I get to be an old timer :O

No surprise, they've gotten rid of everyone and everything else. Yahzee is the only one bringing readers to this site anymore. ....rather pathetic.

Deathfish15:
No surprise, they've gotten rid of everyone and everything else. Yahzee is the only one bringing readers to this site anymore. ....rather pathetic.

I like Grey & Cory and Marter.

I guess this comes with the perks of getting rid of the infamously shitty Australian internet connection?

... he wasn't already?

Huh.

Holy SHITBALLS!!!!!
I am not sure if this is the most amazing thing ever, or the prelude to something super bad...
"The cynic that *is* me..." ;)

Go go Gadget magic bullet that fixes everything!!

So the Escapist is officially Planet Yahtzee now?

I mean, I like his work, sure, but the escapist is putting all their eggs in one basket with this.

Also, I haven't watched his "Let's drown out" series in a while but what's this about him moving?

Deathfish15:

I come here very day for Erin Dies Alone and to keep up with gaming current events. Sometimes on Wednesdays I watch Zero Punctuation. And sometimes on Mondays I watch old Judging by the Cover. I like Yahtzee, but he honestly isn't the big draw for me.

I'd love to see another WebComic contest to put more original content on the site from us slathering idiots. Grey and Cory were an absolute master stroke. It's been six years and Critical Miss is still going. But no additional contests?

Dalisclock:
So the Escapist is officially Planet Yahtzee now?

I mean, I like his work, sure, but the escapist is putting all their eggs in one basket with this.

Also, I haven't watched his "Let's drown out" series in a while but what's this about him moving?

He is moving from Australia to the US. Supposedly at least in part because he met a nice girl who lives here. As such he will no longer be able to do "let's drown out" with his friend Gabriel and it is still unclear what, if anything, his youtube channel will be used for.

More content from Yahtzee? Might as well rename this site The Yahtzee Magazine.

At least this means he won't have to deal with Australia's bonkers game pricing anymore. As for what this means for The Escapist, I can only hope this is the start of a smart restructuring - the site badly needs additional content.

"What do you mean, we can't lay him off? I guess we'll have to hire him, first." ;)

Travis Fischer:

The Enquirer:

Gotta toss my hat in this reaction too. Between weekly videos and a column, I figure his week was full of content. I mean, he has to actually PLAY the games for more than a couple hours to get a full response to them outside a First Impression.

Yahtzee is pretty much the only thing that remains of the good old Escapist. It's good that he's not going anywhere.

Remember when The Escapist had all that awesome and unique content? Remember the hilarious animated shows like Apocalypse Lane and Doralingus and Associates?

Didn't he move because of a love-interest? Again? :^)

Switching continents only to find out that it wasn't worth it and that now you have to live with terrible spiders. Even in the US, there are terrible spiders compared to GB.

Adam Jensen:
Yahtzee is pretty much the only thing that remains of the good old Escapist. It's good that he's not going anywhere.

Remember when The Escapist had all that awesome and unique content? Remember the hilarious animated shows like Apocalypse Lane and Doralingus and Associates?

No.

I think you are kinda forgetting just how long ago THOSE specific shows are. Just sayin'

Also, so now Yahtzee is moving to the States or what? Could people please stop talking in these backwards riddles? xD

Naldan:
Didn't he move because of a love-interest? Again? :^)

Switching continents only to find out that it wasn't worth it and that now you have to live with terrible spiders. Even in the US, there are terrible spiders compared to GB.

To be fair, Austrailia has more than spiders; everything is poisonous or venomous and wants humans for brunch. The continent is clearly a Deathworld, and now he finally has an excuse to flee.

Naldan:

Well, if he moves somewhere northern, winter will help to kill off the spiders before they can get too big. But then he'd have to deal with idiots on the roads who seemingly forget how to drive in the snow year after year after year after year after year AFTER YEAR AFTER- *tranquilizer dart* -oh hey surprise naptime *thud*

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.