Nintendo Will Finally Reveal the NX Tomorrow

Nintendo Will Finally Reveal the NX Tomorrow

We will finally get a look at the Nintendo NX tomorrow.

The Nintendo NX, despite being confirmed and commented on by dozens of developers and publishers, has still yet to be officially revealed by Nintendo. That's finally set to change tomorrow, with Nintendo teasing a preview trailer via Twitter.

"Be among the first to discover NX. Watch the Preview Trailer at 7am PT/10am ET!" wrote the Tweet. The company further elaborated by stating that the three-minute trailer will be a "first glimpse" that serves as the company's "preliminary announcement of information regarding the platform."

In other words, we will probably get a look at the actual console, and perhaps a few of its launch titles (including Zelda: Breath of The Wild) but not much more than that.

So be sure to tune into Nintendo's official YouTube channel tomorrow morning!

Source: Twitter

How odd that NX might grab more of my attention after the fail that was ESO's update.
Now I can't help but imagine my Ceiling Cheetah Avatars hiding from Mario.

*Edit*

Well, here it is.

After nearly a year of few game announcements, and a lot of horrible PR, it's time for Nintendo to put up or shut up. I have no idea what to expect.

I look forward to all the "I knew its" and "I told you so"s...hopefully from me. (Or maybe it will actually be a great system, that would be cool too)

Scratching from the business end shows a number of good signs in the stars. At the very least they are attempting to shore themselves up to their strengths and replicate the success of the Wii adoption and profits.

Only time will tell, I am hopeful though.

I'm just bracing for the eventual bitching when Nintendo doesn't reveal a system that gives everyone blowjobs.

Also, I get the feeling that Rockstar is going "FUCK!" over having the RDR2 trailer tomorrow.

It's kinda funny how the NX is being revealed on the same day as Red Dead Redemption 2. We may not get any details on new games or launch games until a direct after this reveal but wouldn't it be funny if Red Dead 2 winds up being an NX-clusive (especially among rumors that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is going to be an NX-clusive too).

I can't wait to finally see this thing.

Oh dear, it seems I forgot to buy my ticket for the NX Hype Train.

To be honest, I am not expecting much.

Personally, I'm excited. We get to see the first Warp 5 capable gaming console. What a time to be alive.

[Interest intensifies]

Regardless of whether or not it's actually worth buying, it'll certainly be interesting.

About time.

I am curious if March 2017 is still the release date. 5 months really isn't a long period for announce to release. Even Pokemon Sun and Moon had more time than that.

Either they'll push back the release window or really cram in announcements and trailers in that time. I feel it's somewhat probably going to be e prior, but I want it to be the latter.

Calling it now: It'll be the Wii-U v2. Gimmicky input, limited hardware, promises of revived Nintendo franchises (which may eventually come out, but will take years), and continuing absymal 3rd party support.

Could be wrong. Part of me hopes that I am.

Shoggoth2588:
(especially among rumors that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is going to be an NX-clusive too).

That had better not be the case, or Ancel and Ubisoft can go rot in the hottest, deepest, darkest, dankest pit the universe has to offer.

Seriously, I may have to cut someone if that comes to pass...

terminus909:
Personally, I'm excited. We get to see the first Warp 5 capable gaming console. What a time to be alive.

Vigormortis:
Calling it now: It'll be the Wii-U v2. Gimmicky input, limited hardware, promises of revived Nintendo franchises (which may eventually come out, but will take years), and continuing absymal 3rd party support.

Could be wrong. Part of me hopes that I am.

The Wii U didn't have a gimmicky input. It used a regular controller. Out of all of the games I've played on the console (which is almost all of the AAA non-ports), the only games that REQUIRED the tablet controller were Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Starfox and Mario Party. And those first two are glorified launch tech demos. So if it had a regular controller, you'd be technically right about it being Wii U 2.0, but that wouldn't be bad.

And the strongest rumor right now is that the console is a hybrid successor to both the Wii U and 3DS. If it's at all handheld, it'll have underperforming hardware in order to BE a handheld. So once again, you'd be correct on a technical level, but it wouldn't be a negative.

Early first party support has already been confirmed. It's the reason that Paper Mario and Breath of the Wild are the last two AAA Wii U titles to be released.

So this is the last time one can speculate on the NX and have the speculation still be meaningful?

Speculation time!

I think the NX will be what the Wii U was originally intended to be. That is, a console that can both be played on a big screen television and be made portable and thus be played on the go. I say this because even when the Wii U was first revealed people had a hard time figuring out what the thought/purpose behind the controller, and Nintendo hasn't really shown the advantage of it themselves. If the plan was to have a portable/console hybrid the controller makes perfect sense. If true, I suspect they were never able to make the portability work, which meant the Wii U had a hard time justifying its existence on the market, aside from "you can play Nintendo games on it". The NX will remedy that. An argument in favour of this is that Nintendo is rather Japan-centric, and portable is king in Japan right now.

Other than that? I don't think the NX will be much more powerful than the Wii U. Remember, the Wii was not much more powerful then the Gamecube, and that didn't stop the Wii from becoming a smashing success. They might throw in some extra little feature but aside from that I don't think it'll be much in the way of power upgrade.

Oh, and it won't be called the NX, that was a mere in-development name.

Kibeth41:

And the strongest rumor right now is that the console is a hybrid successor to both the Wii U and 3DS. If it's at all handheld, it'll have underperforming hardware in order to BE a handheld. So once again, you'd be correct on a technical level, but it wouldn't be a negative.

Except that it would be. If I'd like a handheld device which was still too large to comfortably take with you, I'd get a gaming laptop.

Early first party support has already been confirmed. It's the reason that Paper Mario and Breath of the Wild are the last two AAA Wii U titles to be released.

Stopping Wii U support doesn't mean that the Big Three will get proper titles on the NX any time soon.

I wonder if Nintendo are going for the "All publicity is good publicity" thing.
Looking at how many are interested in this launch, due to how bad the WiiU marketing was. Now everyone is waiting for a major failure (well everyone is doing that anyway) but now they have all eyes on them. Maybe people will buy this since it gets so much attention. I mean half the people still don't know the WiiU and the Wii are completely different consoles.
So if they keep the name as the Nintendo NX, I see nothing wrong with that, as long as it isn't anything resembling Wii that's good.
I have no idea what time the reveal is, I know I am in GMT+2 but I'll just go to Youtube or the official Nintendo website tomorrow evening to check what they show us and how many more questions we get to ask :D

I'm genuinely interested in this reveal, perhaps it'll make me want to pick one up. The Wii U was the first Nintendo system I did not purchase, so I'm hopeful this will renew my interest. Guess we'll find out in a few hours

I'm expecting the trailer to tell us nothing about the system. Just like the Wii U trailer did. That would be keeping with Nintendo's apparent policy on the NX thus far, too.

Yes, I have extremely low expectations. If Nintendo even shows the system that would be way more than I expect. And I would actually praise the reveal. Be happy Nintendo faithful. I would actually praise Nintendo rather than "constantly hate on it" like I know some of you will accuse anyone who doesn't love the reveal of doing.

If they really are making a console-handheld hybrid, then... Honestly, I don't know. I don't even like Nintendo games. Unless they pick up their shit regarding third party titles.

Aiddon:
Also, I get the feeling that Rockstar is going "FUCK!" over having the RDR2 trailer tomorrow.

Why should they? Nintendo doesn't compete with the rest of the industry, after all, or so I hear.

On a more serious note; different audiences. People that care for Red Dead Redemption 2 are less likely to care about Nintendo's next console. Rockstar could mix things up and simultaneously announce Red Dead 2 for the Switch, crossing the audiences a bit, who knows.

Alleged_Alec:

Kibeth41:

Except that it would be. If I'd like a handheld device which was still too large to comfortably take with you, I'd get a gaming laptop.

No, you wouldn't.

Because a console of a comparable size to a 2DS or tablet is still CONSIDERABLY smaller than a gaming Laptop.. Oh, and also about a quarter of the price.. With about ten times the battery life.

I feel that you're probably horrifically misguided on how big a gaming laptop is, how much they cost, and how much they're capable of without a charger. So I'll clear this up for you, from my own personal experience with several gaming laptops (using my latest as an example).

Mine cost me around $1000 and has pretty high end specs, it's about three times the size of a Macbook air. If I'm using my Laptop without its charger, it'll hold the charge for about 4 hours if used lightly, about an hour and a half if playing games with gouged settings, and about 30 minutes if I want to play a game with the max settings the Laptop can handle.. If that.

Literally the only reason I use mine is because I travel back and forth between America and England a lot, so owning a tower PC (or even a big TV), is a logistical nightmare. But it's still no substitute for a handheld console. It's definitely not even comparable.

Welp...I didn't think we'd be seeing Skyrim on the thing but here we are.

Kibeth41:

The Wii U didn't have a gimmicky input.

Yeah. Okay, friendo.

It used a regular controller.

As a separate accessory.

Jesus, dude. If you have to go through mental gymnastics to 'defend' your love of Nintendo, maybe you should rethink that relationship.

Oh boy! I tend to not buy the latest consoles because budgets, but I'm still excited to see how the NX does. As always, Nintendo seems to deliver a very unique looking product.

Vigormortis:

Kibeth41:

The Wii U didn't have a gimmicky input.

Yeah. Okay, friendo.

It used a regular controller.

As a separate accessory.

Jesus, dude. If you have to go through mental gymnastics to 'defend' your love of Nintendo, maybe you should rethink that relationship.

You showed me a picture of a controller with the exact same buttons featured on an Xbox or PS4 pad.

2 analogues, 4 shoulder buttons, a D-pad, start/select and ABXY input.

Where's the gimmicky input?

Perhaps you shouldn't be insulting other people's intelligence over topics you've no clue about..

Kibeth41:

Vigormortis:
Various things

You showed me a picture of a controller with the exact same buttons featured on an Xbox or PS4 pad.

Perhaps you shouldn't be insulting other people's intelligence over topics you've no clue about..

How about that big touch screen in the middle? Which, if I've understood everything correctly, didn't really offer any new ways to play aside from gimmicks.

Bedinsis:

Kibeth41:

Vigormortis:
Various things

How about that big touch screen in the middle? Which, if I've understood everything correctly, didn't really offer any new ways to play aside from gimmicks.

Oh, you mean the touchscreen that's used as a non-menu input in approximately 4 games? The screen that's primarily used for OPTIONAL offscreen play? The one that is actually turned off in quite a few games?

You're all really grasping at straws here by trying to point fingers at the screen as "a gimmicky input".

It makes the controller look different, yes.. But that's about it. And I think this is the simple hurdle that people like Virgormortis struggle to get their mind over. They get angry about it and insult others with comments like "mental gymnastics"

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.