Pigs Fly, Hell Freezes Over, and The Last Guardian Goes Gold

Pages 1 2 NEXT

last-guardian-320

Some thought that we might never see The Last Guardian, but it's finally gone gold.

The Last Guardian has been in development for almost a decade. It was first shown off at E3 in 2009, and has popped up at Sony press events here and there ever since. In its current incarnation, it was included in Sony's E3 2015 presentation, and after (another) delay, was slated for a release in December 2016. Now the long-awaited game has gone gold.

The news came from the Twitter account of Sony Japan producer Jun Yoshino, who has been working on The Last Guardian. In the tweet (since deleted), Yoshino said, "Gone gold. Waddup."

It looks like The Last Guardian may actually hit its December 9 release date. If it does, the next question will be whether or not the game is worth the wait. For that, we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah I don't believe it.
I say aliens swoop in and steal all copies of the game/ HDDs with the game on it.

Temper your expectations, silly humans...

*consults the check list*

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
Skittles discontinues the only set that still has lime - check
Last Guardian stops being vaporware - that's a new one
HL-3 -

You guys realize we're only one step away from the apocalypse right?

I am here to tread on yet another of your dreams!

It probably won't be, massively delayed titles have a history of being rough diamonds at best (Prey) and Aliens Colonoscopy Marines at worst.

I expect even if it's good it'll be just as much of and acquired taste as Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, so probably not a huge hit.

PS, please be good please be good please be good.

MCerberus:

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
HL-3 -

You forgot Hunter X Hunter and Berserk ending.

Also, I can't wait to see fanart of this game with the beast replaced with Groot and it's called "The Last Guardian of the Galaxy".

....Whoa...I'm just trying to process just how much money might have been sunk on this project.
I've been hearing about it since the PS3 was first released and that was like a decade ago O_o

Kudos for Sony for sticking through it and not canceling.. assuming its a competently made game. Hoping it'll be good.

And it will suck because it will never be as good as Shadow of the Colossus.

Yeah yeah, they've been saying that every year for the past-Whaaaaaat?!

RaikuFA:

MCerberus:

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
HL-3 -

Also, I can't wait to see fanatic of this game with the beast replaced with Groot and it's called "The Last Guardian of the Galaxy".

Yah, but we're ignoring the worst thing about this situation: green apple skittles.
Seriously.

Cats and dogs LIVING TOGETHER! MASS HYSTERIA!!!

But here is the important question: now which game will take its place in the list of the most anticipated games that got cancelled?

Well, I have to give it to the devs that they didn't cancel the game, but I'll probably stick to ICO.

*insert "Sure, Jan" meme here

CaitSeith:

But here is the important question: now which game will take its place in the list of the most anticipated games that got cancelled?

You have to ask that question?

Dalisclock:

CaitSeith:

You have to ask that question?

If I don't, who else will?

RaikuFA:

MCerberus:

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
HL-3 -

Also, I can't wait to see fanart of this game with the beast replaced with Groot and it's called "The Last Guardian of the Galaxy".

Meh, Berserk will never end. Now them finally getting off the damn boat, that's what's really relevant.

OT:I still don't believe it's actually coming out. I don't think I'll be able to believe even with the game in my hands.

Ushiromiya Battler:

RaikuFA:

MCerberus:

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
HL-3 -

Meh, Berserk will never end. Now them finally getting off the damn boat, that's what's really relevant.

OT:I still don't believe it's actually coming out. I don't think I'll be able to believe even with the game in my hands.

They're off the boat. Been off the boat for a while. We got a small adventure with Rickert meeting Griffeth and then Guts and company made their way to an island full of magic users and elves. Looks like they MAY be able to restore Casca if things go decent. (Note that I didn't say well. We all know nothing goes well for Guts.)

fix-the-spade:
It probably won't be, massively delayed titles have a history of being rough diamonds at best (Prey) and Aliens Colonoscopy Marines at worst.

Don't forget; TF2 and HL2 were massively delayed as well and they're classics. There's still hope!

PewDiePie already has a pre-gold copy.

SO it pretty much been confirmed since last week that is basically finished.

Seems like Yoshino's tweet may have been deleted because Yoshida wanted to say it himself.

Also, still holding onto the theory that they pushed it to the December 6th (North American and Japanese) release date specifically because it's the 15th anniversary of Ico's release in Japan. I understand it would take some time to get copies ready for shipping, but the exact day chosen is uncanny.

Samtemdo8:

"It will suck because it won't be as good as this masterpiece."

Ergo, anything that's not as good as Shadow of the Colossus "sucks".

Your method of measuring quality is unspeakably bad, and you should feel unspeakably bad.

lacktheknack:

Samtemdo8:

Your method of measuring quality is unspeakably bad, and you should feel unspeakably bad.

I feel no shame.

And I have never mentioned in that statement that ANYTHING that is not Shadow of the Colossus will suck in comparison.

Only just among Team Ico's 3 games its a hard bar to reach after it was set as high as it is with Shadow of the Colossus.

I was disspointed in what The Last Guardian is the moment I first saw it all the way back in E3 2009. It just did not appeal to me as Shadow of the Colossus did.

Samtemdo8:

lacktheknack:

Samtemdo8:

I feel no shame.

And I have never mentioned in that statement that ANYTHING that is not Shadow of the Colossus will suck in comparison.

Only just among Team Ico's 3 games its a hard bar to reach after it was set as high as it is with Shadow of the Colossus.

I was disspointed in what The Last Guardian is the moment I first saw it all the way back in E3 2009. It just did not appeal to me as Shadow of the Colossus did.

I dunno. I been playing Shadow of the Colossus recently for the first time, and the climbing animations combined with the bipolar control scheme really started to really frustrste by the third boss encounter. I get a very low chance the boy will climb up on a ledge even if it isn't moving, every time I press the buttons for climbing up. What I really can do without is him scatting about in all directions instead of pulling himself up on the ledge as the stamina metre is on its' final dregs; especially when you're molesting a very disgruntled giant's face at the same time, so the fall to the floor was not me messing up, but the controls not playing ball at a most sensitive time. If there was any consistent trust that when I press a direction and the necessary climb buttons, that they would work as intended instead of gayly leaping me off in a different direction as the sweeping camera battles my commands like a wild horse during inter...erm, interracial Inspector Morse episodes, the game would be a lot easier to appreciate.

Xsjadoblayde:

Samtemdo8:

lacktheknack:

I feel no shame.

I dunno. I been playing Shadow of the Colossus us recently for the first time, and the climbing animations combined with the bipolar control scheme really started to really frustrste by the third boss encounter. I get a very low chance the boy will climb up on a ledge even if it isn't moving, every time I press the buttons for climbing up. What I really can do without is him scatting about in all directions instead of pulling himself up on the ledge as the stamina metre is on its' final dregs; especially when your molesting a giant's face at the same time, so the fall to the floor was not me messing up, but the controls not playing ball at a most sensitive time. If there was any consistent trust that when I press a direction and the necessary climb buttons, that they would work as intended instead of gayly leaping me off in a different direction as the sweeping camera battles my commands like a wild horse during inter...erm, nevermind.

Your talking to a guy that managed to beat all the Time Attack modes and unlocked all the items. And that is just normal difficulty.

MCerberus:

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
HL-3 -

There's also the fact that Duke Nukem Forever was released a while back.

Samtemdo8:
Snippidyboom.

There could be a chance this current control problem is down to the service of PS now (PSNow, damn confusing grammers) being a streamed game. The audio does waver like an old VHS tape constantly, and I dont know the entire workings behind how that service runs through the hardware versus the connection, but if each of my button presses need to upload through a server each time, it could explain the scatty behaviour so far.

DarklordKyo:

MCerberus:

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
HL-3 -

There's also the fact that Duke Nukem Forever was released a while back.

We do not talk about that one.

ffronw:

last-guardian-320

Some thought that we might never see The Last Guardian, but it's finally gone gold.

The Last Guardian has been in development for almost a decade. It was first shown off at E3 in 2009, and has popped up at Sony press events here and there ever since. In its current incarnation, it was included in Sony's E3 2015 presentation, and after (another) delay, was slated for a release in December 2016. Now the long-awaited game has gone gold.

The news came from the Twitter account of Sony Japan producer Jun Yoshino, who has been working on The Last Guardian. In the tweet (since deleted), Yoshino said, "Gone gold. Waddup."

It looks like The Last Guardian may actually hit its December 9 release date. If it does, the next question will be whether or not the game is worth the wait. For that, we'll just have to wait and see.

What does "Goes Gold" means? When I hear something "going gold" that means it sold 500,000 copies of a music album.

JamesStone:

We do not talk about that one.

Talk about it or not, it's still an example of one of those games that, when it releases, is a potential sign of the apocalypse.

KissingSunlight:
What does "Goes Gold" means? When I hear something "going gold" that means it sold 500,000 copies of a music album.

If I'm not mistaken a video game goes gold when it's finished being developed and the team can send the product out to be mass produced for public distribution.

Edge's pre-release examination seemed to still think the creature's AI was in a place where there was a fine line between "ornery" and "bugged"- especially with regard to things like last-minute saves of a falling protagonist.

I sure hope they got that ironed out...

What does "Goes Gold" means? When I hear something "going gold" that means it sold 500,000 copies of a music album.[/quote]

It means this:

The Hungry Samurai:

If I'm not mistaken a video game goes gold when it's finished being developed and the team can send the product out to be mass produced for public distribution.

Simply put, they devs are done making changes, and it gets sent off to be pressed onto discs for shipment to retail.

Oh look, another thread about the Last Guardian, let's check up the progre-

WHAT?! It's done?

In lieu of all these delays (Looking at you, Square!) I'm going to be hesitant, but hopeful about the news. Though, this plus Bloodborne withdrawal from my friend's copy and Kingdom Hearts 2.8's imminent arrival is only making me want a PS4 even more.

At this point I'm only going to believe it when I see it on store shelves.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.