Carrie Fisher Has Died at 60

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Carrie Fisher Has Died at 60

carrie fisher

The iconic Star Wars actress has passed away following a cardiac episode on board an international flight.

Actress and writer Carrie Fisher has passed away following a a massive heart attack on an international flight last week. She was 60 years old.

Fisher was traveling on a United flight from London to LAX when she went into cardiac arrest shortly before landing. Other passengers performed CPR until the plane arrived, where paramedics took over and rushed her to a nearby hospital.

Fisher, daughter of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, was best known for her portrayal of Star Wars' Princess Leia Organa. She continued her acting career in films such as When Harry Met Sally and Woody Allen's Hannah and Her Sisters, published a semi-autobiographical novel in 1987 titled Postcards from the Edge, was the author of several other novels, and worked in the film industry as a script doctor. Throughout her career, Fisher was open about her struggles with mental illness, after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Simon Halls, the family's spokesman, released a statement to People on behalf of Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd:

"It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning. She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers."

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is." -Yoda

R.i.p Carrie, may the force be with you

May the force be with you, Carrie.

Damn you 2016! Just had to take one last awesome person :*(

Okay you got 5 more days 2016, what else do you have in store?

tf2godz:

Don't tempt fate!

Well, this is not what I wanted to hear today.

May the Force be with you Carrie.

tf2godz:

Shut it! Everyone else is still alive, and 2016 might just pull out all the stops.

tf2godz:

I'd be happy if the much older Donald Trump has a heart attack before swearing in.....

I'm shattered. She had so little work to do on Force Awakens and I wanted to see mor... WHY

I think I speak for everyone when I say "2016....

When Jeph Jacques released this tshirt I thought it was "stupid", but time flies and shit happens...

https://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=QC-TWENTYSIXTEEN&Category_Code=QC

RJ 17:
^I'm surprised it took 8 responses before someone said this.

I'm guessing it's just more polite to focus on the human element first, instead of immediately jumping to "But... Star Wars!"

That said, it's a sad loss. She was a great actress, she had an interesting writing style and did good as a public speaker. She'll be missed well outside of the Star Wars fandom.

...You know, I get it's the freshest Meme on the block, but honestly the number of celebrity deaths this year isn't really outside the average. They're just more familiar to a lot of us given he times they were famous and all, it's not like 2016 is out to murder everyone we know and love from the 70s. Probably doesn't help that everyone was doing drugs back then either, Cocaine isn't exactly known for extending ones lifespan...

Anyways, that sucks, she was a pretty cool person, a shame to see her go so soon.

Wrex Brogan:
...You know, I get it's the freshest Meme on the block, but honestly the number of celebrity deaths this year isn't really outside the average. They're just more familiar to a lot of us given he times they were famous and all, it's not like 2016 is out to murder everyone we know and love from the 70s. Probably doesn't help that everyone was doing drugs back then either, Cocaine isn't exactly known for extending ones lifespan...

Anyways, that sucks, she was a pretty cool person, a shame to see her go so soon.

It's no more than any other year for deaths, but the fact that there have been a million other, much worse things that happened in 2016 that just makes it feel worse.

While I want to say/ type something sentimental but in reality, nothing and noone can escape death. The only thing we can asked for is a good time and place of the death.

Pyrian:

tf2godz:

Don't tempt fate!

Why not? If we tempt her enough lady luck might take Trump!

fix-the-spade:

Pyrian:

tf2godz:

Don't tempt fate!

Why not? If we tempt her enough lady luck might take Trump!

...And leave us with Mike Pence. The devil you know...etc.

No, that's okay, I wasn't going to do anything other cry anyways.

Carrie Fisher was a fucking legend, and I can't believe 2016 had the gall to take her.

May the force be with you, Carrie. RIP.

Deathfish15:

I'd be happy if the much older Donald Trump has a heart attack before swearing in.....

So Pence is in charge instead? I rather hope Trump lives.

She'll be greatly missed for all of the impact she had on movie and TV.

Jadak:

Deathfish15:

This. Take a look down the succession of who would be President. Trump is unfortunately the least damaging person there.

tf2godz:

War (for those not in one).

Man this year blows. If 2016 had a face, I'd happily punch it.

My most sincere condolences to her friends and family.

AzrealMaximillion:
This. Take a look down the succession of who would be President. Trump is unfortunately the least damaging person there.

I dunno. He may be the least reliably conservative, but he's also the most reliably corrupt and the least reliably sane. It's what his narcissism might lead him to do that worries me. Pence and Ryan won't lob a nuke because their feelings got hurt.

Ok, now it's only been two days since the last one.

Is that how's it going to be, 2016? You escalating things, you sick fuck? Get in one every day. Multiple daily?

No, 2016. No. You do not get a second try! She survived you the first time!

2017, if you even try this shit I will kick your metaphorical teeth in!

Jadak:

Trump will be Pence's meat puppet.

OT; You took too many from us this year 2016, too many. You are off the list for the 2017 New Years party.

Goodbye, Carrie Fisher. I will never forget you, and neither will millions of others.

why

Pyrian:

AzrealMaximillion:

I dunno. He may be the least reliably conservative, but he's also the most reliably corrupt and the least reliably sane. It's what his narcissism might lead him to do that worries me. Pence and Ryan won't lob a nuke because their feelings got hurt.

I don't think Trump would lob a nuke. People have to critique him on real points and not treat him like a WWE Villain come to life. Using hyperbole to insult the man is a major factor of got him into office in the first place. Its like when schools tell kids that weed is a gateway drug to hard drugs. Kids smoke weed, find they were told it was way worse than it was, then refuse to listen to decent points later in.

You know who I'm scared would toss nukes? General Mattias, and he's in the succession line.

Meh.

I'll be devestated when Sigourney Weaver dies, she's more of a sci-f/horror icon. And a far better actress

Oh, sweet Carrie! You were, and shall ever be, our Princess!

May you rest peacefully in the Force, Leia!!!

Goodbye Ms. Fisher, thank you for everything you did: both the overt role of Princess Leia, and your underappreciated work behind the scenes.

we'll miss you

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or