Frog Fractions 2 Found Buried in Another Game

Frog Fractions 2 Found Buried in Another Game

frog fractions 2

Frog Fractions 2 has been discovered in an unrelated game, released earlier this month.

A group calling itself the Game Detectives has uncovered the mysterious and long-awaited Frog Fractions 2. The game, which was successfully crowdfunded via Kickstarter in 2014, was found hidden inside a seemingly unrelated game about fairies, Glittermitten Grove, which launched on Steam on December 13.

When the Kickstarter was first created, project lead Jim Crawford explained that the original was created in order to "evoke the air of mystery that all video games held in the 1980's, before the era of endless preview coverage and official strategy guides took that feeling away from us, seemingly permanently." The goal with the sequel was to up the mystery - in fact, it turned into an internet scavenger hunt.

Crawford wrote that the game would not be called Frog Fractions 2, and implied that it would be hidden, but provided very few details outside of the fact that it would be "considerably larger in scope than Frog Fractions, that the release would not be announced, and that once the game was discovered, backers would begin to receive codes.

To play the game, you must first purchase Glittermitten Grove - which is a full game on its own. After that, you can access Frog Fractions 2 by using "special fribblesham fireworks" that can be used to dig through the ground, leading to a door. That door will take you to Frog Fractions 2. Glittermitten Grove/Frog Fractions 2 is available for $19.99.

What the hell is Frog Fractions 1 even?

Sounds like a math game for kids you find on old school computers.

Yeah, this whole story makes about as much sense as Frog Fractions 1 did so... Faithful sequel, I suppose?

Saelune:

Here you go (along with anyone else asking the same question):

http://twinbeard.com/frog-fractions/

Enjoy discovering the reality of what it is then, there's always more to it.

No joke, you can import your Mass Effect 2 saves into Frog Fractions 2.

This is one of those moments that I feel like some sort of unholy chimera.

Part of me thinks this is pretty cool. I mean if Sega hid fully playable versions of Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure in their upcoming Sonic games without telling anyone, that would be pretty cool.

On the other hand, this feels like something of a dick move. You made a game that people wanted(?) and hid it in a whole other game? Why do this? It feels more like you're trying to force people to buy random games just to play this, at least until someone officially found it. If a studio like Konami or Digital Homicide did this, we'd cry bloody murder.

So yeah, kinda split on this one.

Surely a time where having a crack team of internet investigators with muchious time and resources would be incredibly appreciated right now. Unfortunately, not only does one not have these necessary human connections...Perhaps more importantly, One also does not have credible justification for such an endeavour beyond "because we can! Therefore we must bloody well do so!"
Which is usually good enough for me, but not for convincing the those with the means to do so.

YES. I FINALLY CAN SLEEP SOUNDLY AGAIN.

I've invested a little bit too much time into tracking down Frog Fractions 2, with a big goose egg as a result.

We've found it. We've finally found it.

brb, buying something.

Saltyk:

Part of me thinks this is pretty cool. I mean if Sega hid fully playable versions of Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure in their upcoming Sonic games without telling anyone, that would be pretty cool.

On the other hand, this feels like something of a dick move. You made a game that people wanted(?) and hid it in a whole other game? Why do this? It feels more like you're trying to force people to buy random games just to play this, at least until someone officially found it. If a studio like Konami or Digital Homicide did this, we'd cry bloody murder.

It's difficult to explain.

I'd agree that it was a stupid idea if it was any other game...

...but... this is Frog Fractions. I'd be disappointed if they DIDN'T do this.

Dr.Awkward:

Saelune:

Here you go (along with anyone else asking the same question):

http://twinbeard.com/frog-fractions/

Enjoy discovering the reality of what it is then, there's always more to it.

Well that was something. Never heard about any of this before this article, it's certainly amusing.

darthzew:
No joke, you can import your Mass Effect 2 saves into Frog Fractions 2.

Does that mean we finally get a proper choice-filled and coherent conclusion?

Saltyk:

That's kinda the thing actually: They've said ahead of time that they'd do this. When crowdfunding the game they said it wouldn't be called Frog Fractions 2 and it would be hidden, either as a different game entirely or some other means. So this isn't something unexpected.

Saelune:

I only heard it mentioned in Extra Credits when they recommended Pony Island (a soul draining game designed by Satan himself). So, I expect anything but just math for kids.

Saltyk:

There's a link to the first game in this thread. Play it, then you'll understand the error of your completely forgivable ignorance.

The_State:

Saltyk:

There's a link to the first game in this thread. Play it, then you'll understand the error of your completely forgivable ignorance.

Really, the worst part is when it goes into text adventure mode. I never managed to get past the wire.
It's weird and fun, but damnit, I hate obtuse games.
I'm good at puzzles but I hate those 'guess the command that we want you to use that we aren't telling you about' fuckarounds.

It's nice that they made a weird game with a lot of depth, but when you start throwing obtuse shit at me, I'm closing the game.

I had no interest in Frog Fractions 2 and I still don't, but dang, Glittermitten Grove actually looks really good for what it is.

This is the first time I hear about this game, and it interests me, I really want to try it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here