Bethesda Announces Prey Release Date in New Gameplay Trailer

Bethesda Announces Prey Release Date in New Gameplay Trailer

Alongside a new gameplay trailer, Bethesda has announced that we'll be able to play Prey in May.

Prey was announced last June, and Bethesda will release the sci-fi action game this May. The announcement includes an official description of the game, which reads,

"When you awaken aboard Talos I, an immense space station orbiting the moon in the year 2032, you find yourself as the key subject of an experiment meant to alter humanity forever - but things have gone terribly wrong. The space station has been overrun by hostile aliens and you are now being hunted. As you dig into the dark secrets of Talos I and your own past, you must survive using the tools found on the station, your wits, weapons, and mind-bending abilities to defeat the Typhon alien threat."

Pre-ordering Prey will net you the Cosmonaut Shotgun Pack, which includes a few goodies to help you survive the station. You'll get Morgan Yu's family heirloom Margrave shotgun, as well as three neruomods that let you acquire new abilitie, two medkits, a fabrication plan for the shotgun and ammo, and what the press release calls "a unique upgrade to help players preserve their limited resources."

Prey is set to release on May 5, 2017 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

So basically Dead Space but everyone's not already dead?

Cap'nPipsqueak:
So basically Dead Space but everyone's not already dead?

I was gonna say that I can't wait to play Bioshock in space.

May we be able to play Prey in May? A spray 'n pray day we pay for the pleasure to lay and say "hey bae, wanna get cray in this fray and play Prey in May this way?" To which they say "yay!"

Wow, May is a lot earlier then I was expecting that game to come out.

Looks like an average horror shooter.

I still have the original PREY PC CD-ROM game by 3D Realms and 2K. Here's some quotes read directly from the box...

~"Use Spirit Walk to explore the eerie hidden reality that overlays the physical world."

~"Pilot powerful exo-skeleton shuttles to battle foes with twin plasma cannons, or grab them with your tractor beam and toss them into cold space!"

~"Cherokee vision quests are where you learn your native gifts, and pass ancient tests that take you to higher levels, on the path to becoming a Warrior."

~"Imagine a place where gravity isn't always down! It can be controlled, twisted, flipped, and even warp around small planetoids? Image walking on walls and ceilings? Can you hand this new challenge?"

~"Portals change everything. Experience for the first time the reality bending effects of a portal world. Prey sets a new standard that will completely mess with your mind."

~"Living weapons. A faithful sidekick. Vehicles, giant environments, jaw-dropping memorable moments, a story of redemption, and destiny, and a 3-hr epic soundtrack by Jeremy Soule [Oblivion, Guild Wars]. The FPS of the year is in your hands."

Where is THIS game in THIS generation? This was winner of many E3 2005 awards. Game was released in 2006! It has been OVER A DECADE and this generic BS with the most generic aliens is the best that they can come up with?

Deathfish15:
I still have the original PREY PC CD-ROM game by 3D Realms and 2K. Here's some quotes read directly from the box...

~"Use Spirit Walk to explore the eerie hidden reality that overlays the physical world."

~"Pilot powerful exo-skeleton shuttles to battle foes with twin plasma cannons, or grab them with your tractor beam and toss them into cold space!"

~"Cherokee vision quests are where you learn your native gifts, and pass ancient tests that take you to higher levels, on the path to becoming a Warrior."

~"Imagine a place where gravity isn't always down! It can be controlled, twisted, flipped, and even warp around small planetoids? Image walking on walls and ceilings? Can you hand this new challenge?"

~"Portals change everything. Experience for the first time the reality bending effects of a portal world. Prey sets a new standard that will completely mess with your mind."

~"Living weapons. A faithful sidekick. Vehicles, giant environments, jaw-dropping memorable moments, a story of redemption, and destiny, and a 3-hr epic soundtrack by Jeremy Soule [Oblivion, Guild Wars]. The FPS of the year is in your hands."

Where is THIS game in THIS generation? This was winner of many E3 2005 awards. Game was released in 2006! It has been OVER A DECADE and this generic BS with the most generic aliens is the best that they can come up with?

This is the post I came for.

Well I'm a bit more excited for the game than I was before, but I'm still gonna wait till I hear if it's garbage or not before I even think about getting it. I still would rather be getting the originally planned Perry 2 though.

Deathfish15:

Shit, I don't remember anything about vehicles when I played Prey, but then again I haven't played it in like seven years so that might be why. As for were a game like that might be, probably in someone's closet since AAA developers don't want to take any major risks on a crazy, new IP if they can absolutely help it any more and the indy market is pretty much a crap shoot these days.

System Shock, eh. Could be interesting.

Xsjadoblayde:
May we be able to play Prey in May? A spray 'n pray day we pay for the pleasure to lay and say "hey bae, wanna get cray in this fray and play Prey in May this way?" To which they say "yay!"

Gaaaah, you beat me to this idea. Ninja bears, man. Well, I beat a certain Prey fanatic to the comments section, so I have that going at least

Elvis Starburst:

Xsjadoblayde:

Gaaaah, you beat me to this idea. Ninja bears, man. Well, I beat a certain Prey fanatic to the comments section, so I have that going at least

did wonder as I was typing that nonsense; "am i the only person thinking of this? Surely not. Oh fuck, no-one's mentioned it! ahahah!Ahh?... my time is now! "
... Apparently, that was a good idea.

Xsjadoblayde:
did wonder as I was typing that nonsense; "am i the only person thinking of this?

Okay, I'll play:

There was a game that was called Prey,
Asked if I wanted to play.
"Yes, for this you have to pay,"
"But you'll buy me anyway."

"Typhon monsters you shall slay,"
"All alone, no use to pray."
"The sun it shines in bright array,"
"Upon station seeing its last days."

But I'd already gone off on my way.
The game it shrugged and said "okay."
"I'm still here, I'm still called Prey."
"But what's with my namesake anyway?"

Holy crap, way to give away one of the plot points of the game in the trailer.

"I'm sorry." "This is the only way."

I wonder whatever THAT could mean.

Hawki:

Xsjadoblayde:
did wonder as I was typing that nonsense; "am i the only person thinking of this?

Okay, I'll play:

There was a game that was called Prey,
Asked if I wanted to play.
"Yes, for this you have to pay,"
"But you'll buy me anyway."

"Typhon monsters you shall slay,"
"All alone, no use to pray."
"The sun it shines in bright array,"
"Upon station seeing its last days."

But I'd already gone off on my way.
The game it shrugged and said "okay."
"I'm still here, I'm still called Prey."
"But what's with my namesake anyway?"

That's a lot more cohesive and sensible than my attempt, which seems to be a regularly observed comparison in other avenues of life too! Not sure if I should be worried about that.

Xsjadoblayde:

That's a lot more cohesive and sensible than my attempt, which seems to be a regularly observed comparison in other avenues of life too! Not sure if I should be worried about that.

Well, you're a bear playing guitar talking to a cat with a party popper, on the subject of a space station that exists in an alternate timeline that's been invaded by aliens with psychic powers.

...yep, we're all perfectly sane. 0_0

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here