Dawn of War III Release Date Announced, Plus Pre-Order Bonuses and Collector's Edition

Dawn of War III Release Date Announced, Plus Pre-Order Bonuses and Collector's Edition

Dawn of War III now has an official release date, as well as a collector's edition and pre-order bonuses.

Dawn of War III is probably the most anticipated strategy game of 2017, and today we found out that it's less than two months away. Relic and Sega have announced that the game will launch on April 27.

If you want to pre-order the game, you'll get the "Masters of War" skin pack for the Super Walker Elites free, no matter which Edition you choose. It includes the Dark Queen skin for Lady Solaria (Imperial Knight), the Ghost Seer skin for Farseer Taldeer (Wraithknight) , and the Big Kustom skin for Beauty (Morkanaut). You can see those skins in the gallery below, as well as in this video.

There are also three different editions of the game. First up is the Standard Edition, which only includes the game itself, and runs $59.99. The Limited Edition adds a Premium Disc Book, a lenticular art card, and the game's official soundtrack for $64.99. Finally, the Collector's Edition will include all of the Limited Edition content, as well as three mounted cloth faction banners and a replica of the Godsplitter Daemon Hammer. You can see the contents of each Edition in the gallery below.

We aren't that far from Dawn of War III's launch, but if you can't wait, maybe you can tide yourself over by checking out the game's environments trailer, and getting more familiar with its factions in this trailer.

Dawn of War III is coming to PC on April 27.

Pre-ordering for skins is bullshit, but the collector's edition...damn that's a nice looking hammer. I wish more collector's editions had awesome shit like that.

erttheking:
Pre-ordering for skins is bullshit, but the collector's edition...damn that's a nice looking hammer. I wish more collector's editions had awesome shit like that.

Bullshit in that its not worth it?

Would it have been better if they made it like this, a whole faction Reskin? Like in Dawn of War 2 you could have your Space Marines in the costume of Ultramarines:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/56487/

I was kinda hoping they would have a whole faction as pre order bonus like Chaos Space Marines or Imperial Guards.

erttheking:

Well... if you could everyone to stop pre-ordering games just to get 'exclusive*' cosmetic upgrades, maybe publishers would quit offering them.

* lord knows they will eventually be added as DLC anyway.

Hmmm...you never know when you might need a Daemon Hammer. I wonder how big it is...

Zykon TheLich:
Hmmm...you never know when you might need a Daemon Hammer. I wonder how big it is...

It's around 36 cm according to the official site.

Imre Csete:

Zykon TheLich:

How big is that? Like one and a half feet?

OT: Sadly most of that requires you buy the boxed version and I removed my DVD drive because I thought I was past that.

Samtemdo8:
Ultramarines

*cough* SPIRITUAL LIEGE *cough*

Sorry, I think I spend too much time on 1d4chan. And everything I've read largely paints the sons of Guilliman as being boring as hell.

Where are the Raven Guard, the stealthiest Marines in the Imperium? The White Scars, the largest collection of badass bikers that aren't an Ork warband? The Raptors, descendants of the Raven Guard that combine stealth and sharpshooting? The Space Wolves, Viking Marines with huge axes?

Or literally any other Chapter that aren't descended from those Ward-damned Ultramarines? Seriously.

Imre Csete:

Zykon TheLich:

Well, I suppose it's possible I might need to deal with a nurgling infestation.

Xan Krieger:

A feet and little bit over two inches.

Imperial units are heresy.

American Tanker:

Samtemdo8:
Ultramarines

*cough* SPIRITUAL LIEGE *cough*

Sorry, I think I spend too much time on 1d4chan. And everything I've read largely paints the sons of Guilliman as being boring as hell.

Where are the Raven Guard, the stealthiest Marines in the Imperium? The White Scars, the largest collection of badass bikers that aren't an Ork warband? The Raptors, descendants of the Raven Guard that combine stealth and sharpshooting? The Space Wolves, Viking Marines with huge axes?

Or literally any other Chapter that aren't descended from those Ward-damned Ultramarines? Seriously.

You mean Imperial Fist?

erttheking:
damn that's a nice looking hammer.

Yeah it does, but as someone who has several of these kinds of accoutrements, the quality gets worse the closer you get to the item. They all look like they were painted by children in some Indonesian sweat shop factory.

Imre Csete:

Xan Krieger:

Your definition of heresy is heresy, a report has been sent to the Imperial Inquisition.

Xan Krieger:

Imre Csete:

Your definition of heresy is heresy, a report has been sent to the Imperial Inquisition.

Ahem.

We have arrived and it is now that we preform our charge. In fealty of the God-Emperor, our undying Lord, and by the grace of the Golden Throne, I declare Exterminatus upon the Imperial website of The Escapist Magazine. I hereby sign the death warrant of an entire website and consign several hundred regular users to oblivion. May Imperial justice account in all balance.

The Emperor protects.

008Zulu:

erttheking:
damn that's a nice looking hammer.

Yeah it does, but as someone who has several of these kinds of accoutrements, the quality gets worse the closer you get to the item. They all look like they were painted by children in some Indonesian sweat shop factory.

That's because they probably are. (and where did you buy them from? curious)

Also, 36cm. Damn that's kind of small for a Warhammer war hammer. I was hoping at least 45ish. Still, this is the very first CE that i've been excited about in a long time. Might actually make me go against my pre-order code.

Zulnam:
That's because they probably are. (and where did you buy them from? curious)

EB Games.

It's why I don't bother with statue/toy versions of games anymore.

erttheking:
Pre-ordering for skins is bullshit

Pre-ordering in general is bullshit, but if people are going to insist on doing it, having useless cosmetics as the only incentive is the least harmful way it can be done.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here