PETA is Angry that Nintendo Turned Cow Milking into a 1-2-Switch Game

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I'm with PETA on this one. People don't talk enough about how the dairy industry rapes female cows and takes their babies away from them.

Aren't they a little late for that?

Also yeah I know they were making a business thanks to my navie friend and her constant PETA video on my FB page (learned to stop getting video off from her).

BiH-Kira:
PETA is the biggest waste of human time, effort and money in human history.

Scientology
Creationism
Solar freaking Roadways

You don't have to look far to find stupid wastes of money.

These murderers and supporters of terrorists again. Ugh. Fuck these morons. Fuck them with baseball bats covered in hot tar and shrapnel. I have no cynical wit left to spend on these disgraceful wastes of skin, just cold, ugly hate.

I applaud PETA's push towards realism! I've been saying for YEARS that the Mario games should show the nitty-gritty, filthy world of plumbing. This whole "colorful adventures in the Mushroom Kingdom" thing is insulting to hard-working plumbers everywhere; either show Mario and Luigi trudging through a knee-high pool of raw sewage, or just give it up!

Sarcasm warning: Post may contain trace amounts of sarcasm.

Are they taken over by professional trolls? This is a strange hill to resurrect on. The switch has to be doing well if all other Nintendo games passed peta by before this.

PETA is a PITA!

Seriously though, those poor cows :(

How about PETA do a PSA telling everyone that they euthanize animals because their PETA and they don't care what people think as long as it get publicity? If you can't take it, stop trying to dish it out, you hypocrites.

First and foremost, I would like to state that PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) is in no way associated with this letter.

Secondly. Perhaps if games influence kids behaviour as certain... morons (couldn't think of a kind noun) believe, maybe this "game" will inspire a new generation of dairy farmers.

I have a family member in P.E.T.A, and talking to her is like talking to a person in a bubble. As well as her friends, who happen to be in P.E.T.A. Everything is black and white with no grey and you are either with them or against them. Don't get me wrong animals are great; But I think P.E.T.A's love goes a little bit to the extreme in the way that a Sheep Herder loves his single date-able sheep.

Also, how believable is an organization when they have not figured out that chastising people doesn't win you arguments. It only turns people away and start to hate your stand point more and more.

Every time I think these dozy twats have sunk as low as they can, some ambitious go-getter in the group picks up a jackhammer and digs a new basement. Jesus Christ why won't you all die?

Oh look the morons at PETA are at it again. Nothing to see here, move along.

Oh boo-hoo. I'm a vegetarian, and even I hate PETA.

Never do I hear of them solving anything that actually matters. It seems like it's all desperate publicity stunts to hoover up donation money.

Major_Tom:
In 2015 PETA killed 1456 animals and adopted 60, in 2015 I adopted 1 dog and killed 0, therefore I'm a much better animal rights group. Don't give your money to PETA - send it to me! Those Kong toys ain't cheap.

Awesome dog, I shall have to find your movement's website and become fanatically devoted to it.

The masses are clamoring for a game about the violent insemination of cows, and the sooner nintendo realizes that, the sooner we can get this industry back on track!

and again they shoot them, self in the foot. i thought such a crappy organization would have been abolished since they kill more animals then they safe. i know i would have shut them down, throw them all in prison and throw away the key. such hypocrites.

I'm the first to disparage non-human animal rights, but in this case... actually, PETA may have a point. Bubbly depictions of farm animal life are certainly inaccurate. Now, I'm not at all interested in changing farm animal life, but there are people with absolutely nothing better to do than worry about how cattle are treated, so I guess to them this is a big deal. I'm OK with factory farms being horrific. But I also feel no compelling need to downplay the horror. Yes, this is what we'll let happen for milk. Because milk. And prices. And why does anyone care, it's a cow, it's fine.

That being said, the harsh reality of dairy farming seems a little outside of Nintendo's wheelhouse and general tone.

BiH-Kira:
PETA is the biggest waste of human time, effort and money in human history.

That's debatable depending on the particular point in time being questioned, but overall they're generally pretty high up there.

Seriously though, I would love to see someone in a higher position basically tell PETA to go fuck themselves in a very public way.

and this is why those people are not welcome in our city by order of the chief of police just like the WBC and the KKK:)

What's tragic is, having looked into it, there is some appauling methods that are used when it comes to dairy farming. But I don't think this is the best way to go about it, especially since the game isn't based on those methods.

I strongly believe in animal welfare, but can't agree with the complete abolition of the use of animals for products/services. Like it or loathe it, animal testing has led to medical breakthroughs, guide dogs are an asset to the blind, etc.

PETA shouldn't be one to throw stones. They have been known to kidnap peoples pets, steal them from their homes, and euthanize them in the same day.

Silentpony:
Every article involving PETA could be changed to "PETA is angry; and then they killed some puppies " and nothing would change. They're a disgusting hypocritical organization and I suspect a front of something for celebrities to funnel money.

Agreed. Why are these guys still around? They're known for killing more animals than saving them. PETA is the reason why so many animal rights organization get a bad name.

I understand that PETA is a hated organization. I agree that most of their hatred is deserved. However, I still can't help but observe the cognitive dissonance of people, who are quick to be outraged by reading a headline saying something or someone is "racist" or "sexist". Yet, when it comes to animal rights, their attitude is "Fuck Them!"

My position is while you are correct that animal rights groups like PETA have ruined their credibility by being over-zealous and alienating by how they advocate their position. I feel the "racist" and "sexist" outrage groups(for a lack of a better word) have also lost credibility by being over-zealous and alienating by how they advocate their position. It has gotten to a point where most people have rolled their eyes in disbelief of those accusations and realize that it's being done as clickbait.

In conclusion, your stance of "Fuck Them" as a reaction to the demands of animal rights being represented in video games. It is the same response that a lot of people have justifiably feel about other social justice demands of video games and other forms of entertainment.

KissingSunlight:
I understand that PETA is a hated organization. I agree that most of their hatred is deserved. However, I still can't help but observe the cognitive dissonance of people, who are quick to be outraged by reading a headline saying something or someone is "racist" or "sexist". Yet, when it comes to animal rights, their attitude is "Fuck Them!"

My position is while you are correct that animal rights groups like PETA have ruined their credibility by being over-zealous and alienating by how they advocate their position. I feel the "racist" and "sexist" outrage groups(for a lack of a better word) have also lost credibility by being over-zealous and alienating by how they advocate their position. It has gotten to a point where most people have rolled their eyes in disbelief of those accusations and realize that it's being done as clickbait.

In conclusion, your stance of "Fuck Them" as a reaction to the demands of animal rights being represented in video games. It is the same response that a lot of people have justifiably feel about other social justice demands of video games and other forms of entertainment.

Wasn't aware that SJW non-organizations killed your dog or diverted funding away from actual advocacy groups
False equivalence strikes again!

Tbh as far as PETA goes this is outright sensible. The title of the article is misleading, it's not just that Nintendo made a milking game, it's that they've teamed up with an actual farm with actual animals and actual milking. And if you're opposed to the dairy industry and believe it's cows being harmed, well there are actual cows involved here.

That being said, fuck PETA.

(Also they suggest almond milk minigame instead? Pffft it's not exactly good for the environment either but PETA's gonna PETA.)

Tanis:
PETA is run by folks who have actively supported TERRORISTS.

Fuck PETA.

And a Palestinian terrorist helped lead the women's march. Should both movements be discredited?

Seanchaidh:
I'm the first to disparage non-human animal rights,

Really? That feels downright mean. Isn't that stance pretty harsh and lacks empathy for those that are truly underprivileged? Why would you be so biased against the rights of non-humans who still have feelings?

KissingSunlight:
I think this issue highlights why social justice advocates should just stay away from video games. Games are games. They are not social/political statements. It is really annoying at best and censorship at worst. When these political groups demand that their opinions on issues should be included in games. If PETA or any other activist groups want to make their own game expressing their views, they are welcome to do so. Putting public pressure and/or any other kind of demands, shaming tactics, or protest against video games is simply misguided.

I'm in total agreement. I hate the prison guards union and think many prison guards are no better than the people that used to whip slaves int he past but I don't think we should be trying to browbeat the makers of Prison Architect to show every issue with the prison industrial de facto slaveowning complex.
The same for those oversensitive yet toxic people who try to shame or force a vidyagame dev to push their agenda into a game or remove scantily clad characters because they erroneously believe that anything against their Neo-puritanical view "sends the wrong message. If you find it problematic, make a game where you show your version of how to do it correctly.
If Peta wants to make a game showing the horrors of animal exploitation, more power to them. Them trying to force Nintendo to portray farming a certain way is no better than neo-puritans trying to cover up game characters because someone may gain lewd enjoyment from their depiction.
i'm an advocate of non-human animal rights but feel peta's approach is wrong. It is too militant and misguided like those sociopaths that try and get people fired for wrongthink or wrongspeak because they get offended.

wait, so PETA is mad about cow milking game ?

wow, please try to never put a copy of Zelda in their hands. not sure they will love the hunting part of the game, where you can basically kill everything that live in hyrule to get meat to heal you !

Major_Tom:
In 2015 PETA killed 1456 animals and adopted 60, in 2015 I adopted 1 dog and killed 0, therefore I'm a much better animal rights group. Don't give your money to PETA - send it to me! Those Kong toys ain't cheap.

awww dasha is adorable :D

Umm...what's any of this have to do with a VIDEO GAME? A mini-game, no less.

What the hell? Oh wait, it's PETA.

Another PETA complaint waiting to become a well-milked meme.

Daily reminder that PETA says milk is also a "symbol of white supremacy"

Maybe they should have mentioned that.

Kim Marie:
the dairy industry rapes female cows

You are aware that an animal is incapable of giving, receiving, understanding or even cognising the human-only act of consent, right? Which is why we reserve the term rape for humans only, because it's a pretty uncharitable act to equate an atrocious crime, that many people have experienced, with the trivial act of artificial insemination of farmyard animals.

PETA constantly anthropomorphises animals and then equates their lives with that of humans, which is absurd and unscientific, and subsequently why they are consistently mocked, even if the underlying message they so zealously overshadow with their rhetoric would otherwise highlight a problematic issue: in this case 'perceived low standards of dairy farm animal welfare'. That's a hard sell. "Some dairy farmers don't treat their cows very well!" isn't going to make the front page of The Escapist, or other paragons of international journalism. "IS MARIO A COW KILLING MANIAC?" would get them noticed. And mocked. It's a double-edged clown sword.

But it's the path that PETA has chosen; emotionally-driven, morally-crusading, and headline-grabbingly controversial. It doesn't seem to hold sway with the Escapist crowd, as we're all generally sensible, forward-thinking, ethically sound and intelligent people who aren't persuaded by kindergarten-level argumentum ad passiones. You'd be hard pushed to find a crowd who would be taken aback by the pure evilness of Nintendo as they take on a harmless PR challenge for light chuckles, good cheer, and child-friendly entertainment (no date's been set yet, though), save perhaps the veganistas protesting outside of Whole Foods for selling gluten-free quinoa and wheatgrass smoothies right next to the non-gluten-free quinoa and wheatgrass smoothies.

Thaluikhain:
Seconding Saelune that this is a foolish complaint, not that this type of complaint is inherently wrong.

You both really didn't need to say a thing. We all know that you think YOUR causes are worthy. Otherwise you'd both have a lot of 'splainin to do over your post histories...

But Food for thought, if you consider PETA foolish...and you go on to pretty much say "it's totally different when I'M the one complaining, it's not stupid when I'M the one complaining." are you really in a position to call them foolish?

---

PETA doing something stupid shouldn't be news. Might as well make a News post that simply reads "Actvist with their Head up their ass complained about Video Games", that sort of thing is always happening somewhere, just like PETA is always making a asinine statement on one thing or another.

It doesn't become News until the people behind the Product respond in some way, preferably by mocking PETA.

Fischgopf:
But Food for thought, if you consider PETA foolish...and you go on to pretty much say "it's totally different when I'M the one complaining, it's not stupid when I'M the one complaining." are you really in a position to call them foolish?

If one were to consider some complaints to be valid, and other not to be, then yes. Oddly enough most people do, though they disagree on which is which.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.