Star Wars Battlefront II Will be Revealed on April 15

Star Wars Battlefront II Will be Revealed on April 15

We'll get our first look at Star Wars Battlefront II during a special EA games event on April 15.

Star Wars: Battlefront was perhaps not the most well-received game of recent times, but nonetheless revived the beloved Battlefront franchise. DICE is aiming to address a lot of the complaints from the original game with the upcoming sequel: Star Wars Battlefront II (no, not that one). Aside from a 2017 release date, we haven't heard too much about it, but now EA Games has Tweeted that a special reveal of the game will take place next week, on April 15.

"Your first look at StarWars Battlefront II is coming April 15 at 2:30PM ET/11:30AM PT," teased the announcement. We're not sure exactly what this reveal will entail - we're hoping it will reveal gameplay and not just be a cinematic trailer.

Star Wars: Battlefront II is due out in 2017 for PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Source: Twitter

Who gives a Fuck. Fool me once Battlefront, you can cram that hype train right back up the ass you pulled it from.

In order for me to pay any attention to this thing at all it's going to have to introduce everything that was in the original Battlefront II. And then some. EA done fucked up bad with the last one and I'm not inclined to trust they'll make a good one this time around.

As shitty as the first EABF was...I'll expect a LOT from the new EABF to care.

I'm not normally quick to anger, but seeing that title pisses me off. EA was the publisher that killed Pandemic back in the day, then they turn around and pretend the Pandemic Battlefronts never existed by peddling inferior products of the same name.

I'll stick with the REAL Battlefront II, thank you very much. Thanks to the modding community, I'm able to experience an approximation of what the series should have become.

Yeah...no.

Can't even sell me on the art direction and graphical fidelity this time around either.

Find a fire then die in it, EA.

Neverhoodian:

Pretty much this. I was never really the Battlefront series, but considering EA and DICE gutted it for their "reboot" *sarcastic air quotes* I'm not touching this now.

Jeez guys the salt in this thread is just sad, I have seen enough of the gameplay to conclude its not that disasterous of a game.

And I played the older games I mean what gives?

Just more EA bashing from the gaming community :P

I played enough Battlefront not-3 to know that it's not a game for me. I don't expect too much from Battlefront not-4 but maybe except maybe space battles because of how much backlash there was from the last game. It's not going to be on Switch though so I really don't care one way or another. Thanks Lucas, for giving sole VG rights to Star Wars to EA.

Samtemdo8:
Jeez guys the salt in this thread is just sad, I have seen enough of the gameplay to conclude its not that disasterous of a game.

It's not like EA has the best record, I think the salt is justified for the most part.

This is the same company that bastardized the latest Need for Speed game into one big Monster energy drink ad, gave Sims fans less features, likely shoved out the latest Mass Effect before it was polished, killed Dead Space in an attempt to homogenize it, and either just barely made the mark for the Battlefield series (Battlefield 4) or gave them a game no one really asked for (Hardline).

And the last Battlefront game was underwhelming to say the least once the eye candy wow factor wore off.

And they can probably keep affording to get away with most of it as long as they keep shitting out yearly sports games that people keep buying to quite literally play the exact same game over and over again just with an updated roster.

I think the best things I can think of that they did recently was Titanfall 2 and MAYBE Mass Effect if you can get over the bugs and god awful character models. And maybe Dragon Age Inquisition was good? Don't know, never cared for that series.

Battlefront 2 came out I think a decade ago, this isn't news. If you mean Battlefront 4 then yeah I might be interested.

I'm hoping that dice will indeed address the issues of Battlefront 3 and make Battlefront 4 better, but A: Sorry EA, I got a Battlefront 2 in my library already and its great, and B: Doesn't matter how good your early showing is, I'm not preordering.

If they happen to make a good game, I'll buy it, and if its not, then I won't.

Samtemdo8:

Rose tinted goggles
They have fond memories of playing Battleshit II and can't stand that a different game with the same name can possibly exist without being they exact same game in every single way

Death Carr:

Rose tinted goggles
They have fond memories of playing Battleshit II and can't stand that a different game with the same name can possibly exist without being they exact same game in every single way

Yes, that must be the reason.

It can't possibly be because some people really liked Pandemic, the original developers who were closed down by EA.
It can't possibly be because some people just generally don't like EA's business practices.
And it can't possibly be because some people played the first DICE Battlefront game and didn't enjoy it, therefore having low expectations for the sequel.

Samtemdo8:

I think it's that they were "tricked" in to spending hundreds of dollars on the first game, only to realize it was crap. And how they are likely to do it again, because it's Star Wars.

Galactic Conquest mode or bust.

LOLno

These days even the titles are insults to our intelligence.

Even if SWBF2 turns out to be a lot better, what's the chance it isn't going to have ridiculous micro-transactions and season passes?

Fuck EA indeed.

Death Carr:

Samtemdo8:

Rose tinted goggles

I would not completely write it off but old Batt,lefront 2 was not anything special, it literally was Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. And I as not fond of the controls.

Samtemdo8:

Seen but not played?

EA Battlefront is an incredibly basic game, far below what's in Battlefront 2 (or any of the Battlefield games, even Hardline). It did grow somewhat with the expansions, but that in fact compounded the problem since they split players up based on the season pass and the expansions are pretty much unplayable because of it.

What was there was okay and functional, but you could play Battlefront to death in a couple of hours and it wasn't engaging or chaotic the same way the proper Battlefield games tend to be.

First one was low on content and it relied on DLC far too much. Not to mention that it was just Battlefield lite reskined. Battlefront needs to be a lot more than that. Just another FPS game with Star Wars skin isn't enough. There's too much potential in Star Wars Battlefront. If games from early 2000s could tap into some of that potential, there's no reason why a game in this day and age can't do AT LEAST the same.

Samtemdo8:

*I bet your inbox is gettin pretty full from all these responses lol*

Honestly speaking, it wasn't the gameplay that was the thing that pissed me off about the most Battlefront, it was the lack of basically stuff to do. The describing problem with Battlefront is basically like describing the difference between a MacDonald ball-pit and Disney land.

- 4 levels? that's rather lack luster.
- The characters you could "earn" were so bland, and mostly indistinct middle aged faces.
- the leveling up took forever, and felt pretty prohibitive to casual play. You're just going to get destroyed until you hit a certain tier of weapons.

I mean those were my main gripes but essentially that was the problem. It was a pretty game that played well, and had a lot of great points. I even enjoyed the dog fighting stuff. The things that were there, made for a fun experience, but ultimately by the time the DLC had fleshed out the game to the point where it felt worth it (for quite a premium price I would also point out), I was already bored of the game and have moved on. The game could have used a campaign if just a small one, or a lot of the DLC content served up front.

Kameburger:

Samtemdo8:

*I bet your inbox is gettin pretty full from all these responses lol*

Honestly speaking, it wasn't the gameplay that was the thing that pissed me off about the most Battlefront, it was the lack of basically stuff to do. The describing problem with Battlefront is basically like describing the difference between a MacDonald ball-pit and Disney land.

- 4 levels? that's rather lack luster.
- The characters you could "earn" were so bland, and mostly indistinct middle aged faces.
- the leveling up took forever, and felt pretty prohibitive to casual play. You're just going to get destroyed until you hit a certain tier of weapons.

I mean those were my main gripes but essentially that was the problem. It was a pretty game that played well, and had a lot of great points. I even enjoyed the dog fighting stuff. The things that were there, made for a fun experience, but ultimately by the time the DLC had fleshed out the game to the point where it felt worth it (for quite a premium price I would also point out), I was already bored of the game and have moved on. The game could have used a campaign if just a small one, or a lot of the DLC content served up front.

Funny thing is I own Battlefront 2 original on my PC from GOG and I played it alot but overtime I just got bored of it because it was the same old same old multiplayer shooter, the reason why I am a bit more favorable towards EA Battlefront because it looks more polished when it comes to gunplay, movement, and vehicle controls.

I mean I tried using mouse and keyboard for flying an X-Wing and it controlled like ass.

I would plead with you all to ignore the game entirely or at the very least hold off on the pre-orders and get it at least a week after it comes out.

But that really is too much to ask of you now, isn't it.

Hopefully everything revealed about this one won't be an "nega-announcement." You know, like how every time more news about the first one came out it was announcing something that WASN'T going to be in the game.

Quick! Everyone run to your keyboards, nay, FLEE!

Hurry, and tell strangers on the internet that you don't like E.A., and let those strangers KNOW, you won't be buying this new title!

#feelingoodaboutyourself

And how much will they try to gouge people for for this one? Can they reach $200?

mythgraven:
Quick! Everyone run to your keyboards, nay, FLEE!

Hurry, and tell strangers on the internet that you don't like E.A., and let those strangers KNOW, you won't be buying this new title!

#feelingoodaboutyourself

What else is the internet good for? Apart from meta-level ironic posturing pointing at the people sharing their opinions to strangers on a platform designed for sharing opinions to strangers. 'I think having opinions on things is stupid, therefore I'll share my opinion on how having opinions is stupid.'

Adam Jensen:
First one was low on content and it relied on DLC far too much. Not to mention that it was just Battlefield lite reskined. Battlefront needs to be a lot more than that. Just another FPS game with Star Wars skin isn't enough. There's too much potential in Star Wars Battlefront. If games from early 2000s could tap into some of that potential, there's no reason why a game in this day and age can't do AT LEAST the same.

I ask the same question with YOUR game, Adam. Yours goes on about the line between Naturals, and Augs, but does not give a clear argument for either. I liked it at first...then I saw the earlier games. Why is everything so...yellow? Why are there so many plotholes?

Samtemdo8:

Problem is more it was just an elaborate mod for Battlefield, plus the game had so little content you'd expect a really strong, detailed and long campaign along side the multiplayer mode for the price.

RiseOfTheWhiteWolf:

Samtemdo8:

Problem is more it was just an elaborate mod for Battlefield, plus the game had so little content you'd expect a really strong, detailed and long campaign along side the multiplayer mode for the price.

Battlefront 2 Original was just a mod for Battlefield 1942 and 2.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here