Meet Three of Far Cry 5's Resistance Members in these Character Trailers

Meet Three of Far Cry 5's Resistance Members in these Character Trailers

You'll be working with The Resistance in Far Cry 5, and these trailers introduce three of your allies.

After showing off the first trailer for Far Cry 5, Ubisoft is also introducing some of the characters you'll be fighting alongside. These are the residents of Hope County who will join your fight.

First up is Mary May.

Mary May was born and raised in Hope County, and her parents ran the local bar, the Spread Eagle. But after her parents died, the bank foreclosed on the bar and sold it to the cult. Now she wants to take back what's hers.

Pastor Jerome Jeffries served in the Gulf War, but the came back to Montana, where he serves as Hope County's parish priest. But after he lost his congregation to the Project at Eden's Gate cult, he's taken up arms to stand against the cult.

Nick Rye comes from a long line of pilots, but unlike his father and grandfather, he didn't fly in the war. Instead, he runs a crop-dusting business. As the cult tries to force him into selling out, Nick decides that the time to fight has finally come.

Far Cry 5 is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on February 27, 2018.

That bleeping is far more obnoxious that any cunting swearword i could ever think of. Who is responsible for that horrendous editing?

Far Cry 5: Boring Psychos versus Boring Heroes.

if its so bad why dont they call the army or the goverment? the US has more then enough fire power to level a bunch of indoctrinated redneck nutbags

Veldie:
if its so bad why dont they call the army or the goverment? the US has more then enough fire power to level a bunch of indoctrinated redneck nutbags

This is probably a version of the US that is over sensitive to what happened at the Waco Siege & Ruby Ridge that lead to the motivation of the OKC Bombing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

I'll echo the boring sentiment. Then again FC doesn't usually have stand out npcs other then the bad guys in my experience (didn't play all FC games).

Veldie:

And yeh this. With dat epic military budget and everyone and their grandma having assault rifles, you'd figure US would be immune to things like this.

I mean cmon, i've seen americans be all "yeah if the british ever come back or anyone invades us, they will find a gun behind ever blade of grass!" (last part paraphrased from the japs as i loved that description).
But if you can't even handle a bunch of hicks in your own backyard, then no way you guys have a chance when the redcoats return and finally decide to finish the job! :O

Veldie:

I'm going to probably bet the situation is like other movies where a gang is running the place and the local government is in on it to throw off the federal and state government. I actualy kind of hope it is, because I want to see a montage of them explaining everything to a government worker. "

"Why is 'Sinner' spraypainted over the county sign?"
"It's those gosh darn punk kids."

"Why are all your churches besides the ones that follow that one guy destroyed?"
"Uhhh... Wind storms and Jesus?"

"Okay then, now last question. Why is there a guy flying around with a gatling gun strapped to the bottom of his plane?"
"It's because of the second amendment and we just added a high altitude shooting range."

Frankster:

And yeh this. With dat epic military budget and everyone and their grandma having assault rifles, you'd figure US would be immune to things like this.

I mean cmon, i've seen americans be all "yeah if the british ever come back or anyone invades us, they will find a gun behind ever blade of grass!" (last part paraphrased from the japs as i loved that description).
But if you can't even handle a bunch of hicks in your own backyard, then no way you guys have a chance when the redcoats return and finally decide to finish the job! :O

"Posse Comitatus Act" prevents the US military from operating on US Soil against Americans. But DHS, FBI's HRT and the ATF should be all over a militia cult that seizes power... Even after Waco and Ruby Ridge they'd at least cordon off the area and have a known presence.

Frankster:
I'll echo the boring sentiment. Then again FC doesn't usually have stand out npcs other then the bad guys in my experience (didn't play all FC games).

Veldie:

with your avatar id assume the command would be that of Zap. Throw endless body's into the grinder til they cant kill no more.

Imperioratorex Caprae:
"Posse Comitatus Act" prevents the US military from operating on US Soil against Americans.

Didn't stop a bunch of soldiers at Kent State University in the 60's from firing into the crowd.

Arnoxthe1:

Imperioratorex Caprae:
"Posse Comitatus Act" prevents the US military from operating on US Soil against Americans.

Didn't stop a bunch of soldiers at Kent State University in the 60's from firing into the crowd.

National Guard is a weird thing, while yes they're military, they're tied to states... its fucked up.

Veldie:
with your avatar id assume the command would be that of Zap. Throw endless body's into the grinder til they cant kill no more.

Mmhhmm, it is a flawless and unbeatable stratagem with absolutely no counter so long as your men don't develop delusions of self preservation,eugh, such cowardice sickens me. *sips wine from the bridge of his command ship far away from the dangers of battle*

If the resistance group is just called "The Resistance" (with a capitalised definite article so you know it's super serious) then that doesn't inspire me with much confidence about the writing in this game.

Aside from the obvious question of, "Why wouldn't the government just step in?", there is also the question of "Why dont I just leave?" You aren't stranded on an island like the other games. Instead of a dangerous fight to the death, couldn't the resistance just move to Florida or something?

Make Far Cry great again!-Edition

...first FC im a skipping.

cthulhuspawn82:
Aside from the obvious question of, "Why wouldn't the government just step in?", there is also the question of "Why dont I just leave?" You aren't stranded on an island like the other games. Instead of a dangerous fight to the death, couldn't the resistance just move to Florida or something?

Dunno if your from US or not but Montana and Florida are not even in the same timezone lol

Frankster:

Veldie:

Mmhhmm, it is a flawless and unbeatable stratagem with absolutely no counter so long as your men don't develop delusions of self preservation,eugh, such cowardice sickens me. *sips wine from the bridge of his command ship far away from the dangers of battle*

If I could +1 your post I would that was magnifico.

If there's an option to gun all three of them down at the slightest hint that they start giving me lip and the story will just go on as usual then I'm down for this.

Imperioratorex Caprae:

Frankster:

"Posse Comitatus Act" prevents the US military from operating on US Soil against Americans. But DHS, FBI's HRT and the ATF should be all over a militia cult that seizes power... Even after Waco and Ruby Ridge they'd at least cordon off the area and have a known presence.

Only thing I can figure is they have some kind of radio silence/bribery going making it so none of this gets out of Hope. Also I want to play the Pastor so I can yell out during playing "I KICK ASS FOR THE LORD!".

Taking on a religious cult sounds like a fun premise. This could be the first Far Cry game I'll buy since FC2. Will wait for reviews of course, I'm not a fool.

otakon17:

Only thing I can figure is they have some kind of radio silence/bribery going making it so none of this gets out of Hope. Also I want to play the Pastor so I can yell out during playing "I KICK ASS FOR THE LORD!".

There's also a decent chance that, coupled with a news blackout, fear of another Waco style incident will have the Feds and local law enforcement just quarantine the area entirely. After all, we had an armed militia group occupy federal structures not too long ago and the Feds were more than willing to wait them out. And this is after said same group had rifles trained on federal agents because of a tax dispute and they didn't get punished for that either.

A news blackout would let the Feds, and more importantly, congress critters, bury their heads in the sand. Either that, or said group managed to break into a missile silo and arm a nuke before response could move in. IRL less likely, given what I know of missile security, but if it happened I could see DC scmucks agree to cordon off the area and not allow passage for anybody while they work out a solution that doesn't involve a large patch of irradiated American soil. (Or said militia group took over an abandoned silo and found an active nuke there. We've had some terrifying hilarious nuclear mishaps. And a scandal where officers at another base (the one in my hometown) wee caught texting each other the answers for qualifications testing.

So, "militia/cult has a nuke" would be a handy shortcut for explaining why you have to stick around and do the heavy lifting.

otakon17:

Imperioratorex Caprae:

Frankster:

I would imagine it is some variant of this, a lot of people think a town of 60,000 10 minutes outside of a major city counts as rural, but between the Rockies and the Sierras you've got a lot of places that are almost completely isolated. I've been to towns in Idaho and Nevada that are an hour+ drive at freeway speeds from the nearest neighboring town, where the mayor is basically the only government representative in the town, and you've got one police officer for the whole area, far enough out of the way that even highway patrol and state police won't roll through unless they are called in.

There are entire towns where you wouldn't even need to cut off cell towers or radio silence because there are no cell towers, no radio towers, and nothing close enough to reach on a short range radio anyway, and the only communication is a single landline that carries phonecalls out. Theoretically you could maybe get a message out with something like a longer distance radio, but if you cut off communication you could easily keep a lot of these places isolated for a week or more before anyone even realized anything was up, and if you had people helping you at the county level you would likely be able to keep the charade up for awhile. The only thing at the federal level that stops real life militias like this is that the feds are pretty good at not letting things like rocket launchers and machine guns illegally fall into peoples hands, and militias that legally acquire automatic weapons tend to be under a lot of scrutiny.

Especially up in the mountains, there's little logging towns that don't have any outside access for weeks at a time just due to the weather, if a little snow can isolate a town for days, I imagine a militia, that apparently has rockets, machine guns, and rebuilt WWII fighter planes, can manage the same for at least a few weeks with competent planning.

In the late 90s I saw a small ass Texas town that still had the no blacks sign up as you entered so I could see this.

Maybe I'm getting taken in by the hype, but...it looks interesting.

Won't get it until I see reviews, though; FC4 cured me of that real well.

One thing i wonder (because i don' really follow such until it's on sale)

Are we gonna play a foreigner like always?

K.ur:

Word on the street is that you're a (customizable) deputy Marshal or other form of Federal agent that gets stuck there.

I really hope that this doesn't turn COVFEFE

AHEM! Sorry. I really hope that this doesn't turn out like Far Cry 4 all over again. Far Cry 4 was Far Cry 3 all over again to the extent that I couldn't finish it. Far Cry 3 kept me interested because it was very different from Far Cry 2. Also Far Cry 2 was very different from Far Cry 1. They just kind of seemed stuck in a rut with the fourth one.

altnameJag:

K.ur:

Word on the street is that you're a (customizable) deputy Marshal or other form of Federal agent that gets stuck there.

Well now THAT sounds more like something to bitch about. I hoped for a lost canadian or some of our euros on a rucksack trip/hiking or such.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here