Paradox is Bringing Pillars of Eternity and Cities: Skylines to Consoles

Paradox is Bringing Pillars of Eternity and Cities: Skylines to Consoles

You'll soon be able to play Pillars of Eternity on your PS4 or Xbox One, and Cities: Skylines is finally coming to PS4.

If you've always wanted to play Obsidian's RPG, Pillars of Eternity, or Colossal Order's city management sim Cities: Skylines, but you didn't have a PC, here's some good news: publisher Paradox Interactive is bringing both games to console.

Pillars of Eternity, which was The Escapist's runner-up for 2015 RPG of the Year, is coming to Xbox One and PS4 as Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition. This release will include the full game, as well as both parts of The White March expansion. It's also had its UI and controls redesigned from the ground up for consoles. It will release on August 29.

Cities: Skylines, our pick for 2015's Best Strategy / Sim Game, is also headed to console, but only to PS4. It will include the After Dark expansion, and the whole game has been adapted for console play by Tantalus Media. There will also be a physical edition distributed by Koch Media. Cities: Skylines - PlayStation 4 Edition is launching on August 15. Why's there no Xbox One version? Because it's been out for months, as our community members reminded me.

Uhh pretty sure Cities is already on the Xbone and has been for a month or so

squid5580:

It has, and Ron even wrote an article on it:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.947151-Cities-Skylines-is-Bringing-City-Management-to-Xbox-One-Later-this-Year

Grouchy Imp:

squid5580:

It has, and Ron even wrote an article on it:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.947151-Cities-Skylines-is-Bringing-City-Management-to-Xbox-One-Later-this-Year

HAHAHA. God, I'm so old I can't remember shit anymore.

Thanks for reminding me. I updated the piece.

How the fuck are they going to port Pillars to console? How are you meant to control that shit without a keyboard and mouse?

ffronw:

Grouchy Imp:
>snip<

HAHAHA. God, I'm so old I can't remember shit anymore.

Thanks for reminding me. I updated the piece.

"Old age" ... yeah ... good one. We know drunk-posting when we see it! ;)

I always get Pillars Of Eternity and Divinity Original Sin confused, and I own the latter... (still not started it, mind) Good news, I suppose? I've generally only heard positive feedback about it, so I'll definitely consider it.

09philj:
How the fuck are they going to port Pillars to console? How are you meant to control that shit without a keyboard and mouse?

Lots of pausing, presumably, and hopefully contextual shift inputs. From the little I've seen of PoE's combat it doesn't look too much of a challenge to adapt.

Oh neat. I've been wanting to play it since I've been hearing good things about it, so I am a happy camper.

09philj:

Probably the same way Diablo 3 is controlled on console.

As a stanch PC Diablo player, playing it on console is actually pretty smooth and fun even if it feels weird and a bit of a betrayal.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here