Christians Attack "Gay Agenda" in PC Game

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Christians Attack "Gay Agenda" in PC Game

Conservative Christians have been up in arms over a certain PC game "pushing the homosexual agenda". The game in question? Classic board game The Game of Life.

For those who are unfamiliar, in Life you drive your little car around a track the represents your path through life, moving from "leaving school" to "marriage" and "buying a house" until "retirement," collecting pegs to represent your spouse and children, while trying to build up enough money to retire rich.

Hasbro's PC version of the popular Milton Bradley board game was first brought to the attention of the Conservative Christian site World Net Daily by a concerned mother.

"You know how kids are," said the unnamed mother. "My daughter noticed right away (even before I did) and clicked on one of the girls instead of one of the men and then asked, 'Mom, how come I can marry a woman?' And then that led into a lot more questions that, quite frankly, I was not ready to talk to my 6-year-old about."

She continued, "I went back to the web site and left a very respectful review of the game just stating that this kind of thing should be left out of kids' games, and the Shockwave.com administrator removed my post, stating it was inappropriate. I had no idea how insidious they were being with pushing the homosexual agenda."

The modern version of the board game, made back in 1960, allowed for gay marriages as well; there was nothing preventing players from having a pair of pink or blue pegs representing their married couple.

What it didn't allow for, which annoyed me far more as a child, was the ability to bypass marriage altogether; as at that time girls were just yucky anyway.

via: Destructoid

It's times like this I'm seriously considering going Buddhist.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, YOU ARE AN IDIOT YOU STUPID MORON! Your daughter is just intelligent, and if you are a homophobe, then to hell with you, you intolerant...

Gah. I think I can stop wasting my words, thick skulls cannot be penetrated by any force. Except for a physical one.

I like that use of insidious.

Okay, this is going a little off the deep end, now isn't it? A mother gets a game that is just a copy-paste from a board game from the 60's and decides she hates one feature from said classic game? Well, it's her kids and her household, and I'm not one to go around criticizing someone else's life, but all I have to say is that living in a household like that can be very stifling.

Haha, that seems like a harmless thing to get upset about. But then again religion isn't logical.
Also, loved the last comment at the end Root.

I'd be careful about characterizing WorldNetDaily as either conservative or Christian so much as out and out flakey.

All the more reason for me to go to Paganism... Sometimes it just seams like Christians are always looking for something to complain about.

And yet, they have no problem with the board game. None. What so ever.

I think "attacks" may be exaggerrating a little bit.

Although I disgaree with her objection it's not like she started a protest or trolled the internet about it.

As a Christian, this gets me angry. it's a darn game people, it's not Satan's instrument of destruction.

Hail Satan my dark lord and master.

Anyway, this is just stereotypical homophobia if anything. It's not really news, it's just, stuff. I must study this stupid, and then, I will some day cure it.

I like how seemingly intelligent people one minute digress to babbling fools the next. You take offence of being a monkey at some point? lol.

"The louder you shout 'I hate gays!' the more gay you becoming."
- The Law of Bentley

She really needs to get a hobby or something, its just a game get over it.

This is why God fearing parents should only let their children play wholesome entertainment games like GTA or Gears of War.

/sarcasm.

TheNecroswanson:
Hail Satan my dark lord and master.

Anyway, this is just stereotypical homophobia if anything. It's not really news, it's just, stuff. I must study this stupid, and then, I will some day cure it.

I wish you the best of luck, sir. However I fear the stupid will find a way to cure you first.

link670:
All the more reason for me to go to Paganism... Sometimes it just seams like Christians are always looking for something to complain about.

thats not true they dont constantly complain...well...ya its seems like its damn near impossible for them not to complain about something...kinda like Jack Thompson, who i think is christian btw

I don't get the "homosexual agenda" thing. So we're all going to turn gay and then humans will go extinct? So their goal is the destruction of humanity? I don't buy that.
I always assumed the point of Life was to make any choice you wanted. However crazy or impossible. I once ended world pollution. Maybe I did it with a genie?

"pushing the gay agenda" she says... what? You mean the we-should-all-have-equal-rights agenda? This is bad how?

The paranoia of homophobes astounds me sometimes. I've yet to meet a gay person ever who has any interest in 'turning' non-gays to their sexuality. The whole notion is ludicrous.

IT'S NOT A CHOICE, IT JUST HAPPENS. And attacking people who do happen to be gay is pretty much pathetic and says a lot more about the attacker than the people they attack.

They should be mad at whoever made the modern version of The Game of Life.

KValentine:
This is why God fearing parents should only let their children play wholesome entertainment games like GTA or Gears of War.

/sarcasm.

"Mommy, should I use a chainsaw on my sister like the mister on our TV?"

"Mommy, can I pick up some hoes and do a drive-by with my bros, bitch?"

No one seems to object to them pushing the whitebread bourgeoisie lifestyle on the player. What if I don't want to live in the 'burbs, huh? What if I'm a big City Mouse, huh? HUH?!!!

They should have some squares that deal with intolerance, too. Like "Interracial Marriage: family disowns you, lose your inheritance. -$10,000"

I think I have to agree with the mother, you don't want to get kids all confused with gay marriage

Oh great just one more thing that gives us a bad reb

RedDiablo:
As a Christian, this gets me angry. it's a darn game people, it's not Satan's instrument of destruction.

I am with ya brother!

I think homophobes are just in need of a big hug, from a burly moustached man in leather.

/stereotype off

Honestly, if they'd changed the game to fit modern standards, then maybe they'd have a (misguided) complaint, but I think it's more down to the fact that it has gone from pink pegs to actual pictures of people.

In the same way that the Atari game where you had two cowboys shooting each other with a cactus in the middle, didn't inspire 'video game increases gun violence among kids' headlines but GTA does.

Also it's people being guided by the constant 'games are bad' idea that the media push, I think, because they're threatened by us, I imagine most people now spend more time playing videogames in a week than they do watching Fox News, even if its just minesweeper or solitaire at the office, or online bingo or scrabble.

wpheloung12:
I think I have to agree with the mother, you don't want to get kids all confused with gay marriage

You're kidding, right? And what do you mean, "confused"? Do think kids are gonna start having second thoughts about their own sexuality because a game says that there are more "options"?

RedDiablo:

WE VIDEO GAME DEVELOPERS HATE YOU CHRISTIANS(!)

*Sarcasm.

SenseOfTumour:
I think homophobes are just in need of a big hug, from a burly moustached man in leather.

That's exactly what they need, I do not mind gay people, because it does not affect me to be around them. I believe most homophobes refuse to associate themselves with gay people because they know that if they go to a bar with a gay guy...

I say: "To hell with banning gay marriages in games, ban this woman's pussy until she can prioritise issues concerning the raising of he effing kid." Jeez.

Also, "homosexual agenda"? She makes it sound as if they're conspiring to overthrow straighties behind our backs... probably not the best choice of wording...

I could try to couch my statement in political correctness, but...I'm not going to.

This lady can go fuck herself.
"Waaah, I don't want to talk to my daughter." Then don't. Just say "None of your fucking business."
I mean, she's obviously a shitty parent anyway, why not go the whole nine yards?

Abedeus:

Umm you are aware that homosexuality is taboo in Buddhism too? By Buddhism I mean actual Buddhism, not hippie-believe-what-you-want Buddhism. They just aren't as vocal about it.

We need another crusade, then hopefully all these morons would get wiped out. Damn christians are so annoying.

seriously

to the church and all other people who keep complaining

get you head out of your ass

this isnt fucking relevant anymore

videogames wont turn your children gay

nor will it make them a spawn of the devil.

just stop, think and shut up

oneplus999:

Abedeus:

Umm you are aware that homosexuality is taboo in Buddhism too? By Buddhism I mean actual Buddhism, not hippie-believe-what-you-want Buddhism. They just aren't as vocal about it.

That's what I'm talking about.

They don't go around shouting "THIS IS EVIL!! HOMOSEXUALITY!! SAAATAAN!!" just because their children are more intelligent than they are.

Codgo:
We need another crusade, then hopefully all these morons would get wiped out. Damn christians are so annoying.

Don't generalize. Atheists have idiots, too.

The_root_of_all_evil:

"You know how kids are," said the unnamed mother. "My daughter noticed right away (even before I did) and clicked on one of the girls instead of one of the men and then asked, 'Mom, how come I can marry a woman?' And then that led into a lot more questions that, quite frankly, I was not ready to talk to my 6-year-old about."

Whats so complicated to say "Cause you can sweetie, now play!".

To be fair, mental Christians are annoying and stupid, and mental Muslims blow themselves up.

The majority don't really cause any harm, except for not speaking out against the mental ones. I feel if they all made it clear they don't support the nutters the nutters might get the message that they're not doing it 'for us'.

I personally don't care if there's a gay couple next door, so long as they're not banging each other so loudly that they keep me awake at night, same goes for straight or lesbian couples. Or in fact single people who wake up at 6am on Sunday to pray loudly. Personally I'd rather listen to the lesbians.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here