World of Warcraft Does The Dew

Pages 1 2 NEXT

World of Warcraft Does The Dew

Fans of Mountain Dew's inexplicably delicious sugar-filled elixir otherwise known as Game Fuel, your drink of choice has returned. Game Fuel is coming back this summer, in World of Warcraft form.

In the weeks leading up to and following Halo 3's launch, there was only one drink to be drank among caffeine junkie gamers. No more Red Bull. No more coffee. No more Bawls. The one true gamer beverage had arrived, and it was orange-red and had the Master Chief on the can, or the bottle, or the homemade jug that you drank it out of. Halo 3 Mountain Dew Game Fuel.

Sadly, Game Fuel-aholics who couldn't afford to spend exorbitant prices for limited edition sodas on eBay have been without the drink ever since Pepsi stopped producing it. There's been a Master Chief-sized hole in the hearts of many a Game Fueler since then.

However, if you are fueled by game and have a love of, or even just a tolerance for, World of Warcraft, look ahead to this summer, because Blizzard and Pepsi are teaming up to bring the drink back. "In the near future, you'll be able to see World of Warcraft characters in a new place -- the beverage aisle," Blizzard wrote on the WoW site. "We'll be announcing further details in the coming months, so stay tuned."

World of Warcraft Game Fuel will come in two flavors (the Halo 3 drink only had one): Horde Red, which will be for the savage and chaos-driven Game Fueler who craves citrus-cherry syrup in their blood, and Alliance Blue, which will be for those goody-two shoes with a taste for "wild fruit." The bottle designs feature an Orc and a Night Elf, and are emblazoned with the soda's "MTN DEW" logo. Because vowels are so not extreme.

Vowels are for pansies!

so they want to encourage ppl to sit on there booties drinking there sugary drink and play their game..nice! (/sarcasm)

I'm a gamer don't get me wrong...but I don't buy soft drinks based on what game they endorse. To me this just perpetuates the stereotype that gamers stay inside and drink energy drinks all day.

Sorry just my opinion...

The Halo drink tasted awful, so I don't have high hopes for this one. And why does the bottle look like its full of poop?

Let's just hope that it's not actually orc flavored....

any thing for a buck it seems, its weird that Blizzard was coaxed into this but they were none the less. I might go and give it a try, might give me some thing to drink to stay up on my late night raids

Eeurgh.
Mountain Dew Game Fuel is sickly; It's Live Wire + Pixie stix.
Seriously, ew.
MDX is a lot better, if you're looking for mountain dew flavored energy drinks.

What's with their new logo, MTN Dew, what are they trying the new hip and edgy thing to get more customers?

Ewww,
this seems like the kind of liquid I'd pour down my pipes to free them.

Only reason that people bought the drink in the first place was ads and the social exxxtraaavaganza that was Halo 3.

You know what I like? Mountain Dew.
The stuff that's lime green? Yeah, I like that just fine. What the fuck is wrong with it?

MaxTheReaper:
The stuff that's lime green? Yeah, I like that just fine. What the fuck is wrong with it?

A lime green substance transformed 4 inocent sea animals into this:

hunter weapon imo

oliveira8:

MaxTheReaper:

I...
Weh...
But!
...YOU WIN THIS TIME, GADGET

MaxTheReaper:

oliveira8:

MaxTheReaper:

I...
Weh...
But!
...YOU WIN THIS TIME, GADGET

Victory is MINE! *insert Final Fantasy victory tune here*

Ugh...I never liked that stuff...

Maybe I'll try it again anyways.

But the MTN Dew logo's a bit lame.

oliveira8:

[Fanboy]But that made them at least 20 times more awesome than they originally were...[/Fanboy]

Ezzay:

oliveira8:

[Fanboy]But that made them at least 20 times more awesome than they originally were...[/Fanboy]

But they had him:

reaper_2k9:
so they want to encourage ppl to sit on there booties drinking there sugary drink and play their game..nice! (/sarcasm)

I'm a gamer don't get me wrong...but I don't buy soft drinks based on what game they endorse. To me this just perpetuates the stereotype that gamers stay inside and drink energy drinks all day.

Sorry just my opinion...

I'll agree with that. It's like that gamer grub crap

Did any of you even try it before? It was the best soda I've ever had in my life. I stocked up enough to have through December, this time I'm not fucking around.

whiteliqht:
Did any of you even try it before? It was the best soda I've ever had in my life. I stocked up enough to have through December, this time I'm not fucking around.

This man knows what he's talking about!

I won't buy this drink without first ripping off the label. I refuse to drink wow-themed soft drinks.

The first thing I did when I saw that logo was to say outloud, "Wow...."
Epic pun fail.

This actually creates a dilemma for me as I like Game Fuel, but hate WoW. I might actually have a couple empties with Master Chief sitting around now that I think about it.

I hated the halo drink so I'm probably gonna hate a drink with an ugly green dude on it.

Soxfan1016:
I won't buy this drink without first ripping off the label. I refuse to drink wow-themed soft drinks.

its actually a mountain dew drink with a different label.

Vault is better than Mtn Dew.

-English voice- What's Mountain Dew?

reaper_2k9:

Sorry just my opinion...

Its funny you should mention that, my roomie is a WoW junkie and he actually does sit in his room most of the night drinking energy drinks...On a good night he will drink 3 24 Oz rockstar energy drinks.

We have mountain dew in the U.K. Try those wierd looking family run convenience stores that you find in a any urban build-up. Extra bonus points for coca-cola with only arabic on it. I've seen Mountain Dew as far afield as Camberwell and Cambridge.

Happy hunting!

"Dew with a Blast of Citrus Cherry Flavor" . . . No thanks, I'll stick to my coffee and cola.

timb133:
Extra bonus points for coca-cola with only arabic on it.

At the moment I have coke in French, Arabic, Polish and Greek. Still not seen Mountain Dew around though.

Erana:
The first thing I did when I saw that logo was to say outloud, "Wow...."
Epic pun fail.

Actually, I did burst out in a quick giggle when I read that.

I'll probably try it out, allthough I'm not a fan of energy drinks. They make me all... Energetic. Too energetic. I chug one, and I can't concentrate on anything.

Yog Sothoth:
Let's just hope that it's not actually orc flavored....

With a dash of citrus berry blend!

...No thanks I'll stick with my sophisitcated Tea while I grindzorz teh zombiez thank you very much. *dignified sniff* *pinkyfingercup* *sip*

whiteliqht:

What do you mean "this time"??? It's your first post!

OT: I don't think Mountain Dew is sold in many places in the UK. Meh, I probably like Red Bull more anyway.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here