Religion & Politics Forum Closed as of 27 March 2019

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Gordon_4:

Marik2:

CM156:

Just because a group supports an individual does not mean the individual has the characteristics of that group.

That's true, but Donald likes to give fuel to white supremacists.

Yeah but to be as fair as I?m willing to be to President Trump (which isn?t much), those fuckin? dropkicks can fashion their fuel out of almost thin air. He could make a tweet about liking powdered sugar on his krispy kremes and they?d hail that doughnut as the confection of choice for the glorious white race.

They?re total plonkers and oxygen thieves.

I can personally attest to the fact that I know someone who is a big Trump supporter who now eats his pizza crust first because Trump did it in a commercial once.

CM156:

Saelune:
Neo-Nazis and the KKK are White Supremacists and they vehemently support Trump.

Just because a group supports an individual does not mean the individual has the characteristics of that group. That's a complete fallacy.

Would you like me to give examples of this?

I have, but this site likes to protect White Supremacists and punishes those who call it out rather than the actual White Supremacists.

Also Trump is a White Supremacist, and White Supremacists like Trump because he shares their views.

Saelune:

CM156:

Saelune:

Just because a group supports an individual does not mean the individual has the characteristics of that group. That's a complete fallacy.

I have, but this site likes to protect White Supremacists and punishes those who call it out rather than the actual White Supremacists.

Also Trump is a White Supremacist, and White Supremacists like Trump because he shares their views.

I put it to you for consideration that perhaps many of the people you think are white supremacists are not, in fact, white supremacists, and that most of your arguments are based on proof by assertion.

CM156:

Saelune:

CM156:

I put it to you for consideration that perhaps many of the people you think are white supremacists are not, in fact, white supremacists, and that most of your arguments are based on proof by assertion.

And I put forward that I am not allowed to point out who is a White Supremacist, despite all the evidence they are, because despite this site's claim that White Supremacy is absolutely not allowed, it cares more about protecting White Supremacists than taking a real stand against White Supremacy.

This video will never stop being relevant.

Saelune:
And I put forward that I am not allowed to point out who is a White Supremacist, despite all the evidence they are, because despite this site's claim that White Supremacy is absolutely not allowed, it cares more about protecting White Supremacists than taking a real stand against White Supremacy.

And I assume you've DMd moderators with specific posts in question and explained why they are proof of white supremacy? If the moderation team here has reviewed them and come to a different conclusion, I submit to you that again you assessment might be dictated by personal bias and at the very least a desire to believe that several of the people you disagree with are worse than they actually are. It's quite natural. I've caught myself in that several times on this very forum.

Saelune:

CM156:

Saelune:

If this website was so bent on bigging up the White Supremacy angle, why would the mods allow you to still be here since you are anathema to everything they believe in? I'm seriously asking, if this place was genuinely starting to fly the flag Caucasian captaincy why would you be allowed to stick around and bitch about it to people who would ostensibly not care?

CM156:

Saelune:

And I assume you've DMd moderators with specific posts in question and explained why they are proof of white supremacy? If the moderation team here has reviewed them and come to a different conclusion, I submit to you that again you assessment might be dictated by personal bias and at the very least a desire to believe that several of the people you disagree with are worse than they actually are. It's quite natural. I've caught myself in that several times on this very forum.

I have. Usually I get no reply. Currently waiting on Kyle to respond to a message, though he hasn't seen it yet apparently.

My personal bias is against bigotry, it is a good bias to have. You have your own personal bias. Dont pretend that caring about something somehow devalues it.

Also unfortunate that R&P is gone along with all the posts in it. Alot of posts I used to be able to reference, now gone.

Gordon_4:

Saelune:

CM156:

If this website was so bent on bigging up the White Supremacy angle, why would the mods allow you to still be here since you are anathema to everything they believe in? I'm seriously asking, if this place was genuinely starting to fly the flag Caucasian captaincy why would you be allowed to stick around and bitch about it to people who would ostensibly not care?

I am saying the site doesn't care about doing following up on what it claims is part of the TOS. I am waiting on Kyle to actually respond still. Bigotry is supposedly against TOS, but rarely gets punished unless they start throwing straight up slurs.

Rampant racism and sexism has gone unchecked though, and we both know it.

Saelune:
My personal bias is against bigotry, it is a good bias to have

And I put it to you that perhaps your personal definition of bigotry is overly broad and subject to an extremely liberal interpretation.

Also I'm going to respond to something you wrote before you edited your comment:

Saelune:
And dont think I dont know you're intentionally trying to rile me up in the hopes of making me say something to get in trouble.

I emphatically deny trying to rile you up.

im surprised that kyle hasnt locked this thread

Marik2:

Yeah this does seem like the sort of thread that is locked with the OP just there as a functional announcement doesn't it?

Gordon_4:

Marik2:

Yeah this does seem like the sort of thread that is locked with the OP just there as a functional announcement doesn't it?

Marik2:

I disagree. I think that this was and is a great way to have a respectful discussion on major changes that are happening to the forum.

CM156:

Gordon_4:

Marik2:

Marik2:

I disagree. I think that this was and is a great way to have a respectful discussion on major changes that are happening to the forum.

kyle likes to lock up threads left and right.

Kyle has yet to even look at my last message. Also says he hasn't been on since the 14th.

Saelune:
Kyle has yet to even look at my last message. Also says he hasn't been on since the 14th.

yeah, but he will probably lock this thread once he gets back online.

No community manager for now, hmmm.....

Heres my hypothesis, one of the left wingers, or maybe right-wingers here, and I could be one of them pissed off someone who was powerful and connected.

It's likely a business-person. Or one of the advertisers.

Happy 1 month Deadversary, everyone.

Batou667:
Happy 1 month Deadversary, everyone.

What is dead may never die!

Y'all are still complaining in here?

Saelune:

Well he's back now.

Kyle Gaddo:

The escapist has always been like that.

Alright, I'm catching up because I had a period of flimsy mental health and my energies were otherwise needed for preparations for E3. It's been chaos and we're all very tired and everything is a little on fire. Business as usual!

Also, this has been an ongoing problem that I am unable to resolve, but my DMs on the forum are broken, so I encourage anyone that needs to get in touch with me to email me. kyle[dot]gaddo[at]escapistmagazine[dot]com. Saelune, please feel free to email me regarding your latest message so I can respond properly.

Kyle Gaddo:
Alright, I'm catching up because I had a period of flimsy mental health and my energies were otherwise needed for preparations for E3. It's been chaos and we're all very tired and everything is a little on fire. Business as usual!

Also, this has been an ongoing problem that I am unable to resolve, but my DMs on the forum are broken, so I encourage anyone that needs to get in touch with me to email me. kyle[dot]gaddo[at]escapistmagazine[dot]com. Saelune, please feel free to email me regarding your latest message so I can respond properly.

Are they actually broken? The inbox thing doesn't light up, but messages should still work. Really though, all I did was message about the problem of White Supremacy and the uneven moderation of it.

I know you agree with me about the problem with the Right.

Kyle Gaddo:

Hope that you're doing better, and glad to have you back.

Kyle Gaddo:

I mean, that's one of the most fun things to do on any forum.

Kyle Gaddo:

I tend to forget that E3 is still around. I feel like in 5 years it will just disappear and companies will just stream their announcements.

Saelune:
Are they actually broken? The inbox thing doesn't light up, but messages should still work. Really though, all I did was message about the problem of White Supremacy and the uneven moderation of it.

I can receive messages, but I cannot respond to any of them. If you need a response, email has a 100% success rate for me.

I'm speaking with the rest of the staff regarding the subject. I want to make sure everyone's on my team is on the same page regarding.

Kyle Gaddo:

Saelune:

I can receive messages, but I cannot respond to any of them. If you need a response, email has a 100% success rate for me.

I'm speaking with the rest of the staff regarding the subject. I want to make sure everyone's on my team is on the same page regarding.

I have no interest in directly giving you my email or even using it for communicating.

As for the subject, I really hope you do the right thing.

Either A: Bigotry is not tolerated on this site at all

Or B: Let me call a bigot a bigot. I tire of having to play nice with people who want to oppress people due to their ethnicity or sexuality or whatever. I should not be punished for pointing out that someone who supports White Supremacists is supporting White Supremacy.

Where am I going to talk about Joe Biden sucking now!?!? Reddit, boo, I won't be able to debate people anymore because they would be downvoted.

Also if anyone can come up with a nickname for Joe Biden, that would be great

We have Amy Cloudthrowabinderjar, Kirsten Jellobandit, Beto's Bet on my cork, I can't find anything on Pete Butigaeafasfasdsewa(mainly because his last name is so hard to pronounce), Elizabeth Warned you about the Great Recession but it still happened, John Delayednitwit, Cory Pharmabooker, UBI2020 guy, and more to come.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked