The State of Escapist Magazine - July 2019

Hey, all.

Here's that monthly update I promised you. Apologies for it being a day late. Had some reorganizational things happen in the back end site-wise that needed our attention, hence the delay.

v2 Forums
Still planned, still in the works, we're moving forward on integration features in the coming months. Nothing more to announce on this front at this time.

Content
We have a ton of new content on the website as well as a load of features from E3 2019. It's been way busy, so I haven't had a chance to update the Featured Content subforum, but I'll be putting a curated selection of items in there over the coming days.

Since this was Yahtzee's first E3, there are a lot of really great pieces featuring him on the show floor, as well as galleries where we hired cosplayer Stella Chuu to dress up as his avatar from Zero Punctuation. E3 was a blast. Some of us (me) are still tired.

--

If you have questions about your behavior, please read our Code of Conduct, found stickied in every subforum. If you have questions or comments about someone else's behavior, please email me directly for the fastest response. It's a private communication. I/We won't use your email for any reason other than to communicate.

If you have any questions you'd like to ask out in the open, comments are open below.

Would have posted earlier, but I was unable to for speaking out.

Anyways, glad to see you follow through with this. I appreciate having had my voice heard on something here, and I hope it leads to better things for this site. It may not always seem like it, but I WANT this site to succeed and be good. I would prefer to not be so often punished for wanting that.

Letting the community be involved is a good thing.

https://twitter.com/ajohnagnello/status/1148272392604663808

Well that lasted about five minutes...

When people talk about how announcements should be made, I feel like something like The Current Editor and Chief getting fired is one of the things people would want to know about.

tippy2k2:

When people talk about how announcements should be made, I feel like something like The Current Editor and Chief getting fired is one of the things people would want to know about.

Yeah, unfortunately this came as a surprise to us all, hence my mention of "reorganizational things" that needed our attention on the 1st. This information was not public until today.

Due to Enthusiast Gaming's merger with Aquilini GameCo, Anthony has been laid off from his position as managing editor/acting Editor-in-Chief.

We do not have an Editor-in-Chief proper at the moment, and it's undecided if we will. In the meanwhile, Samantha Nelson and Nick Calandra will be splitting the majority of the involved duties as co-managing editors, with Sam handling the written content and Nick spearheading the video side.

I'm still your point of contact for all community-relevant things, so always come to me first.

Kyle Gaddo:

tippy2k2:

Yeah, unfortunately this came as a surprise to us all, hence my mention of "reorganizational things" that needed our attention on the 1st. This information was not public until today.

Due to Enthusiast Gaming's merger with Aquilini GameCo, Anthony has been laid off from his position as managing editor/acting Editor-in-Chief.

We do not have an Editor-in-Chief proper at the moment, and it's undecided if we will. In the meanwhile, Samantha Nelson and Nick Calandra will be splitting the majority of the involved duties as co-managing editors, with Sam handling the written content and Nick spearheading the video side.

I'm still your point of contact for all community-relevant things, so always come to me first.

This. This is why we need these check-ins.

Kyle Gaddo:

tippy2k2:

This information was not public until today.

Fair enough

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked