The State of Escapist Magazine - August 2019

Hi everyone,

My name is Nick Calandra and I'm the new Editor in Chief here on Escapist. If you didn't get a chance to read my first address you'll find a link to it at the bottom of this post.

A month ago our Community Manager, Kyle Gaddo, started up these monthly updates to key you all in on what's going on with The Escapist. Moving forward I'll be handling these updates along with some input from Kyle so that you have a direct line to those of us in charge of the outlet.

If you missed my intro in off-topic, I take communicating with the audience very seriously and I'm very open to feedback as long as everything stays respectful. I'm here to work with you and make The Escapist a fun place to be again with lots of great content.

With that out of the way, let's talk about what's been going on.

Content Restructure

If you haven't visited the website in a while, you should! We redesigned the site with a fresh new look that makes it much easier to find all of our latest content along with a number of other fixes and improvements.

In terms of actual content, we've been spending the last month or so restructuring a bit. Previously The Escapist was really focused on just the mainstream AAA titles with some high-profile indies sprinkled in. Our new focus is on "everything interesting" so we've expanded our coverage to covering just about anything we think our audience will find interesting. Our focus right now is video games, movies and TV, but overtime we'll expand out again to the other types of coverage you expect from The Escapist.

We've done quite a few interviews over the past month with smaller, lesser-known indie games and in August we will continue to do that while also securing interviews with bigger titles. This week we've got a big exclusive interview on Greedfall being written up by our Managing Editor, Samantha Nelson, and we've also locked up an interview for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Lots more are on the way, but those are a few of the big ones we've been working on.

We're also prepping to debut a couple new column series over the next couple weeks, one of which will be a write-in column that I'd love to see you take part in!

On the video side of things Bob decided to take Game OverThinker back to his personal in channel back in July to focus on The Big Picture and Escape to the Movies. So if you didn't know already, The Big Picture is going out twice a week now on Tuesday and Thursdays.

In July we also debuted our 3 Minute Review series from Gameumentary which has been doing quite well for us. There series covers a lot of unique and varied titles that otherwise normally wouldn't receive much coverage here on The Escapist.

Lastly we released Gameumentary's first mini-documentary here on Escapist covering Yahtzee Croshaw and Zero Punctuation. We had over 2500 people tune-in for the Live Premiere which was quite a bit of fun. The next documentary is on the Insurgency franchise and New World Interactive. It's a three-part series digging into the whole franchise, starting with the mod all the way through Sandstorm and we even talked to them about a cancelled project nobody's heard about before. The trailer for that will drop on August 17th.

Extra Life Stream

Speaking of August 17th, The Escapist will be running a 12 hour livestream event through Extra Life to raise money through charity. More details are coming early this week on the event, but we're hoping for a big turnout to giving something back to the community.

The trailer for the Insurgency doc will debut during this event and we may even be announcing what our next documentary after that will be.

V2 Forums

I know you all are waiting patiently on news regarding the updated forums, but I have nothing to share at this time. However, I wanted to address some concerns that were brought up when I was first introduced here in the forums.

First, we are not planning on nuking the forums or anything of that sort. The community here is an important part of The Escapist. Some of you have been here for a decade or longer and that's not something we take for granted.

My goal with the forums is really to keep everything that's here and move it over to more modern software, and that's really about it. No big changes to how things are run, what kind of content is allowed or removing anyone.

This is something that when we do it, I want to do it right and make the migration as easy as possible for everyone here. As for a timeframe on when that's going to happen?

Well, Enthusiast Gaming's big expo is coming up in October so everyone at the parent company is all hands-on deck for that, and we're really focused on building out our content line-up again at the moment and getting everything sorted with the website, not to mention Gameumentary's upcoming documentary projects.

I think the earliest we'd really start looking into making the move is early 2020 after some big projects we have coming up are out of the way. That doesn't mean we won't be working on our testing anything out of course, but for now that's when I'd be hoping to get this all done.

Moving Forward

As we continue to restructure and introduce new content, I'd love to see more of you checking out the website again. As I mentioned before, I'm very open to feedback and as some of the oldest members of our community, I'd love to hear from you what you're hoping for out of a revitalized Escapist.

I think we have a big opportunity here to make an exciting outlet again that stands out from the pack. While we're currently doing some more news to try and drive some extra traffic, I'd love for The Escapist's content output to be mostly focused on original content again in the future.

Anyways, apologies for the long update. Thanks for reading and I look forward to your feedback.

Nick Calandra
Editor in Chief

Letter from the Editor: https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/2019/07/29/editors-address/

Insurgency Documentary teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyBOQ-QQrfs

Yahtzee Documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkbHI2grNLo

3 Minute Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAbMhAYRuCUiGHgCYOMTKht4RbFQOtVjP

New Feature Interviews: https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/category/feature/

Kudos for keeping the monthly updates coming!

I see videos are still the go to it's been or become rather. I'm not much for that, being on a capped internet and all.
I'm also not a very audio-sensed person, preferring written articles..but as long as they are under 15 minutes and interesting, I could maybe check out a rare few. It's not podcasts at least, thankfully!

Sad, but maybe understandable how the forum is on the back-burner for now. As long as it's still going to be a forum.

I left the most important topic for last.
Politics. It saturates more and more of our society than ever in these divided times I'm afraid.
How are you planning to handle topics that deal with it, the responses from users, and finally how aware you are of your own biases and how it shapes policy and implementation of rules.
I bring that last part up because a lot of one-sided decisions has been made and formed "taboo" words.
We also have the history of people getting hit by a lot of passive-aggressive rules-lawyering tactics.
Any solution to prevent that in the future?

Vendor-Lazarus:

I see videos are still the go to it's been or become rather. I'm not much for that, being on a capped internet and all.
I'm also not a very audio-sensed person, preferring written articles..but as long as they are under 15 minutes and interesting, I could maybe check out a rare few. It's not podcasts at least, thankfully!

Sad, but maybe understandable how the forum is on the back-burner for now. As long as it's still going to be a forum.

Politics. It saturates more and more of our society than ever in these divided times I'm afraid.
How are you planning to handle topics that deal with it, the responses from users, and finally how aware you are of your own biases and how it shapes policy and implementation of rules.
I bring that last part up because a lot of one-sided decisions has been made and formed "taboo" words.
We also have the history of people getting hit by a lot of passive-aggressive rules-lawyering tactics.

If you're asking me to identify how I view politics and what my biases are, I don't think I'm going to get into that as the last thing anyone needs is words to be taken out of context. We will cover political topics? Of course, how can we not? Are we going to force our views on anyone, no, we aren't.

There are subjects here in the forums and on the website that we're not going to allow for obvious reasons. This is also a private forum, so if the moderators deem something isn't fit for discussion here, then that decision is final. I understand there may be some disagreement on that, and if you voice your rebuttal respectfully they should always hear you out.

The policies that are here now are staying as is. If there's specific policies that a number of people disagree with, they can bring it up and we can look into amending if needed.

Nick Calandra:

Vendor-Lazarus:
-snip-

If you're asking me to identify how I view politics and what my biases are, I don't think I'm going to get into that as the last thing anyone needs is words to be taken out of context. We will cover political topics? Of course, how can we not? Are we going to force our views on anyone, no, we aren't.

There are subjects here in the forums and on the website that we're not going to allow for obvious reasons. This is also a private forum, so if the moderators deem something isn't fit for discussion here, then that decision is final. I understand there may be some disagreement on that, and if you voice your rebuttal respectfully they should always hear you out.

The policies that are here now are staying as is. If there's specific policies that a number of people disagree with, they can bring it up and we can look into amending if needed.

I didn't think it came across as me asking you to divulge your own political views, only if you were aware of your own bias that could affect your work. And the overall bias of the Escapist staff in general. *Water-cooler talk*, etc.
For example. The Obvious subjects not allowed. How obvious are they really? If they aren't allowed to be talked about?
The same goes for bringing up disagreements. How, if they are not allowed? They are not written down anywhere..
The one that is, is only allowed to be talked negatively about..And some racism and sexism seems to be glossed over as well.
That kind of bias is what I mean.
Some people have even been hit for a first time usage of a forbidden word. Or even a similar word.

This is of course a privately owned company's forum. With all that that entails..

I should add that I don't mean to come across antagonistic, if I do. It's just that I've been on this site for a decade, and that history piles up. Especially when no improvement in terms of moderator changes or oversight of them is forthcoming.

AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS OF DARKNESS! I AWAKEN!

Nick Calandra:

Vendor-Lazarus:

If you're asking me to identify how I view politics and what my biases are, I don't think I'm going to get into that as the last thing anyone needs is words to be taken out of context.

Sensible, but that's mostly because the politics of this website's owners have veered all over the shop at this point, from weird Libertarianism, to absurd Identitarian Authoritarianism and pretty much everything in between. Hell, we just escaped from a bunch of people with VERY extreme politics being in charge.

We will cover political topics? Of course, how can we not?

Easily. Politics topics are pretty much low-tier bait that's produced by every single website at this point. If you want to differentiate yourself, making posts about politics is a bad way to do it.

Are we going to force our views on anyone, no, we aren't.

Judging by the record of this site... I am afraid I don't believe you.

There are subjects here in the forums and on the website that we're not going to allow for obvious reasons.

That does kinda fall under "forcing views". Depends on the subjects, but I'm gonna remain skeptical on this.

This is also a private forum, so if the moderators deem something isn't fit for discussion here, then that decision is final. I understand there may be some disagreement on that, and if you voice your rebuttal respectfully they should always hear you out.

Uhhhhhhhh... Let's just say that's almost never been the case.

Bring back the Wild West.

Vendor-Lazarus:

Nick Calandra:

Vendor-Lazarus:
-snip-

I didn't think it came across as me asking you to divulge your own political views, only if you were aware of your own bias that could affect your work. And the overall bias of the Escapist staff in general. *Water-cooler talk*, etc.
For example. The Obvious subjects not allowed. How obvious are they really? If they aren't allowed to be talked about?
The same goes for bringing up disagreements. How, if they are not allowed? They are not written down anywhere..
The one that is, is only allowed to be talked negatively about..And some racism and sexism seems to be glossed over as well.
That kind of bias is what I mean.
Some people have even been hit for a first time usage of a forbidden word. Or even a similar word.

This is of course a privately owned company's forum. With all that that entails..

I should add that I don't mean to come across antagonistic, if I do. It's just that I've been on this site for a decade, and that history piles up. Especially when no improvement in terms of moderator changes or oversight of them is forthcoming.

Sure, didn't read that as antagonistic. The policies and wording of the Code of Conduct seems to be pretty clear, and if there's instances of the things being missed by moderation, make sure to report it to Kyle Gaddo and he'll take care of it.

I've only been around a couple months and I'll admit I haven't dug too far into the forums yet. It's on my list of things to do. Just getting started with the communication here and I need to do more research and see what's what of course.

As far as bias, sure, everyone has a bias. I don't want to undercut the mods that have been working here and say what a policy should be without discussing with them first of course. It's something I'll look into and adjust as needed.

I understand that's not saying much right now considering the past history of how things were handled. If you have specific grievances with evidence (cites forum posts, messages, etc) you may send those to me and I'll have a look of course. You can find my email on the Contact page on the website.

vallorn:

AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS OF DARKNESS! I AWAKEN!

Nick Calandra:

Vendor-Lazarus:

If you're asking me to identify how I view politics and what my biases are, I don't think I'm going to get into that as the last thing anyone needs is words to be taken out of context.

Sensible, but that's mostly because the politics of this website's owners have veered all over the shop at this point, from weird Libertarianism, to absurd Identitarian Authoritarianism and pretty much everything in between. Hell, we just escaped from a bunch of people with VERY extreme politics being in charge.

We will cover political topics? Of course, how can we not?

Easily. Politics topics are pretty much low-tier bait that's produced by every single website at this point. If you want to differentiate yourself, making posts about politics is a bad way to do it.

Are we going to force our views on anyone, no, we aren't.

Judging by the record of this site... I am afraid I don't believe you.

There are subjects here in the forums and on the website that we're not going to allow for obvious reasons.

That does kinda fall under "forcing views". Depends on the subjects, but I'm gonna remain skeptical on this.

This is also a private forum, so if the moderators deem something isn't fit for discussion here, then that decision is final. I understand there may be some disagreement on that, and if you voice your rebuttal respectfully they should always hear you out.

Uhhhhhhhh... Let's just say that's almost never been the case.

Bring back the Wild West.

So here's my thing on covering political subjects, and if anyone wants to take this out of context, be my guest. I think a lot of people confuse "everything is political" with "everything having a message", right? I'm very much against journalism being treated as activism and have already removed editorialization from our news posts. It's not the place for it and that's how sites get called out for "fake news" when they're pushing their own agendas in what should be just a factual report.

We cannot avoid covering political subjects, and we will cover political subjects. But we will present the information factually and let the reader decide for themselves on what to think about it. If we want to dig into something further, it will be marked as opinion or editorial.

We're not going to fuel the controversy machine. I want no part of that and there's sites that do it much better than I ever would bother to. That's my stance on that, and I know there's people that for sure disagree with it, but I absolutely make the distinction between journalism and activism.

If you're skeptical of that it's totally understandable. As I said in my editor's address, our content will do the talking for us.

Wild West is definitely not coming back. As I mentioned above, if there are issues with moderation that have you actual tangible evidence for, you can email the editor (me) about it via our contact page.

Nick Calandra:

Bring back R&P.

If you have a look at the Off-Topic board right now, you'll see it's now almost entirely covered in "[Politics]" threads. This didn't used to be the case. It used to be a board where one could have light-hearted and casual conversations about less-intense (and sometimes even less-serious) topics, but that has been ruined now, drowned out by heavy and polarizing political discussions.

R&P was kept separate for a reason, and we're now feeling the effects and reason why.

IceForce:

Nick Calandra:

Bring back R&P.

R&P did nothing but make this website worse, it deserved what it got.

vallorn:

IceForce:

Nick Calandra:

Bring back R&P.

R&P did nothing but make this website worse, it deserved what it got.

Except... R&P is still here, it never went anywhere. It's still the same as it always was, it's just called "Off-Topic" now.

What I'm asking is for them to be separated out again.

IceForce:

Nick Calandra:

Bring back R&P.

If you have a look at the Off-Topic board right now, you'll see it's now almost entirely covered in "[Politics]" threads. This didn't used to be the case. It used to be a board where one could have light-hearted and casual conversations about less-intense (and sometimes even less-serious) topics, but that has been ruined now, drowned out by heavy and polarizing political discussions.

R&P was kept separate for a reason, and we're now feeling the effects and reason why.

Please, please, PLEASE bring back R&P. Off-topic is borderline unusable at this point. If I wanted to talk about politics in my free time I would have went to R&P when it existed. Which I never did. This shouldn't be more than a couple minute fix and is the biggest improvement you can make to the forums until V2 rolls out.

I'm getting nostalgic for the time when Gaming Discussion was overtaken by spambots trying to sell us counterfeit documentation and love potions. At least that was sabotage from an outside party, not the site's own management.

Drathnoxis:

IceForce:

Nick Calandra:

Bring back R&P.

Please, please, PLEASE bring back R&P. Off-topic is borderline unusable at this point. If I wanted to talk about politics in my free time I would have went to R&P when it existed. Which I never did. This shouldn't be more than a couple minute fix and is the biggest improvement you can make to the forums until V2 rolls out.

I'm getting nostalgic for the time when Gaming Discussion was overtaken by spambots trying to sell us counterfeit documentation and love potions. At least that was sabotage from an outside party, not the site's own management.

I'm in agreement that we should separate the religion & politics talks from the off-topic section. Will talk with the moderation team on it soon to discuss and find the best way to do it. Keep in mind, even if we do section off that content again, it will be moderated just as heavily as things are now, the only difference would be in keeping the off-topic section uncluttered.

This isn't me trying to take a heavy-handed approach and silence discussion, but I'm sure you all realize how delicate a situation it is to be in this position and working very hard to restructure The Escapist again. I want the community to enjoy being here, enjoy the content and make it an inviting place for new faces to join up as well, especially when we properly update the forums.

Like IceForce said though, all that discussion is still happening and now it's just in off-topic and cluttering everything up. So as I said, will talk it over with mod team.

How about we just ban politics on the forums?

Nick Calandra:

I want the community to enjoy being here, enjoy the content and make it an inviting place for new faces to join up as well, especially when we properly update the forums.

Like IceForce said though, all that discussion is still happening and now it's just in off-topic and cluttering everything up. So as I said, will talk it over with mod team.

If you want an inviting place, then maybe a change of moderators is in order?
Their current moderation style is an accumulation of all the things that have gone before.

Getting rid of double-standards, political biased moderation, and hidden ban-words would also do wonders.
Kyle Gaddo was the one who added several of them, so that's a no on the contact point there..

Also..about that last part..it wasn't meant as criticism, since criticism is another mod-actionable thing, but rather a statement of fact. Just to be clear..

vallorn:

So... We aren't going to talk about video games either? Becuase, over the last year, they have wrapped up in 'You can't shoot Nazis, that's mean' to 'loot boxes are gambling' to 'make an easy mode of Sekuiro' to 'ban video game due to gun violence' to 'I paid my money, where's my game?' to whether Epic store should exist becuase 'it's not good enough' to whether exclusives should be a thing. All these are political. Even whether you have a male or female protagonists is political.

IceForce:

Nick Calandra:

Bring back R&P.

+1. You're never going to get away from Politcs on any forum. Restrict/ quarantine it is the best course of action.

Lastly, the event that shall not be named still is a spectre that blankets this site. I don't know how you move forward from that, but we probably need to find a way

trunkage:

IceForce:

Nick Calandra:

Bring back R&P.

+1. You're never going to get away from Politcs on any forum. Restrict/ quarantine it is the best course of action.

Lastly, the event that shall not be named still is a spectre that blankets this site. I don't know how you move forward from that, but we probably need to find a way

I say we all get blackout drunk to purge the memory banks.

trunkage:

vallorn:

So... We aren't going to talk about video games either? Becuase, over the last year, they have wrapped up in 'You can't shoot Nazis, that's mean' to 'loot boxes are gambling' to 'make an easy mode of Sekuiro' to 'ban video game due to gun violence' to 'I paid my money, where's my game?' to whether Epic store should exist becuase 'it's not good enough' to whether exclusives should be a thing. All these are political. Even whether you have a male or female protagonists is political.

Easy modes aren't political, protagonist's chromosomes aren't political, The Epic Store's lack of quality is not political, exclusivity is not political, not everything is political Trunkage. Especially not the personal.

If you think everything has politics in it, well you're just wrong. And a political theory which dictates that everything must be entwined in its ideology smells like fascism's "All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state." outlook as detailed by Mussolini.

The only people who think politics can't be avoided are the people addicted to it.

I am going to copy/paste my suggestion from the other thread here:

I personally would like to see a Film and television section because having all "latest movie" discussion in one thread keeps me from wanting to read it or engage in discussion because you will have to wade through a single massive thread to find a movie you want to talk rather than having separate threads for different movies so you can just pick the ones you want to read about by title.

As Nick mentioned earlier that the Escapist was going to be focusing on games and movies, it would be nice if we could actually have a dedicated subforum section to discuss them so that they are not all thrown into megathreads where you can't find anything or keep up with the discussion.

vallorn:

trunkage:

vallorn:

Easy modes aren't political, protagonist's chromosomes aren't political, The Epic Store's lack of quality is not political, exclusivity is not political, not everything is political Trunkage. Especially not the personal.

If you think everything has politics in it, well you're just wrong. And a political theory which dictates that everything must be entwined in its ideology smells like fascism's "All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state." outlook as detailed by Mussolini.

The only people who think politics can't be avoided are the people addicted to it.

That is far from true. People think politics can't be avoided because of how much it actually impacts their daily life. For example, if someone loses their healthcare and has to pay thousands of dollars a month for medicine and treatments they need to survive or even say they have their benefits cut and they are disabled, that is going to impact whether or not they can buy video games or Netflix subscriptions right? How can they even continue to participate in the discussion at that point? They should just be excluded now because political decisions ruined their lives and be barred from talking about it?

Everything does have politics in it because the decisions made by our governments affect our ability to survive, have internet access, whether or not we become homeless, are able to even play the games we enjoy at all. ALL of these things are affected by politics.

That has nothing to do with addiction, it has everything to do with politics affecting everything we do. Being oblivious to that does not make it go away, it will affect you regardless of whether or not you choose to ignore it.

Lil devils x:

I personally would like to see a Film and television section because having all "latest movie" discussion in one thread keeps me from wanting to read it or engage in discussion because you will have to wade through a single massive thread to find a movie you want to talk rather than having separate threads for different movies so you can just pick the ones you want to read about by title.

As Nick mentioned earlier that the Escapist was going to be focusing on games and movies, it would be nice if we could actually have a dedicated subforum section to discuss them so that they are not all thrown into megathreads where you can't find anything or keep up with the discussion.

We can for sure add that, thanks for the suggestion.

Also as an update on the R&P forum

Expect news on this next week. We're not bringing back that specific forum, but we're putting together an updated version that will move politics off the off-topic section. Kyle and I will share the full details of how it'll work next week.

Also PLEASE keep this thread on track. The feedback is useful, discussing politics is not. This isn't the place for that discussion right now.

Nick Calandra:

Lil devils x:

We can for sure add that, thanks for the suggestion.

Also as an update on the R&P forum

Expect news on this next week. We're not bringing back that specific forum, but we're putting together an updated version that will move politics off the off-topic section. Kyle and I will share the full details of how it'll work next week.

Also PLEASE keep this thread on track. The feedback is useful, discussing politics is not. This isn't the place for that discussion right now.

AWESOME! That way, hopefully, I won't have to wade through a 903 post thread about movies in order to find the discussion we were having about a particular movie. Looking forward to it!

vallorn:

trunkage:

vallorn:

They only people who think politics can be avoided are those deliberately disregarded it.

Which is fine. You do you. Dont expect everyone else to follow you.

Lil devils x:
AWESOME! That way, hopefully, I won't have to wade through a 903 post thread about movies in order to find the discussion we were having about a particular movie. Looking forward to it!

Is there any reason you actually have to post it in that thread, though? Like can't we just post a separate thread in OT. There's just a thread like that because it was made by a user from Game Trailers, and I think that's how they did it there. There's not so much activity in that thread that OT couldn't support it, I think. We used to do fine with movie and TV discussion in OT after all.

I'm just worried about splitting up the forums too much and ending up with a Movie's and TV forum that's as active as Advice or Tech Discussion. You could effectively be killing movie discussion if you put it in a place people aren't going to go to look for it.

Drathnoxis:

Lil devils x:

Is there any reason you actually have to post it in that thread, though? Like can't we just post a separate thread in OT. There's just a thread like that because it was made by a user from Game Trailers, and I think that's how they did it there. There's not so much activity in that thread that OT couldn't support it, I think. We used to do fine with movie and TV discussion in OT after all.

I'm just worried about splitting up the forums too much and ending up with a Movie's and TV forum that's as active as Advice or Tech Discussion. You could effectively be killing movie discussion if you put it in a place people aren't going to go to look for it.

I don't want to split up the forums too much, but I think with all the TV stuff going on, it'd be nice to have a forum dedicated to that, maybe we'll even attract a new audience for it.

Other than that, don't have a plan to split anything else up right now.

Just chiming in to say:

Everything is political. It always has been. It always will be. There's no such thing as separating politics from anything that you consume in this world.

We'll have more to share soon.

Kyle Gaddo:
Just chiming in to say:

Everything is political. It always has been. It always will be. There's no such thing as separating politics from anything that you consume in this world.

Yes there is, it's remarkably easy in fact. I can play a game of D&D, and that's not political. I can play femshep in Mass Effect, and that's not political. I can post on an old, slowly dying forum, and that's not political.

There are even gaming websites out there which specifically market themselves as "no politics" nowadays. So it's more than possible, people have actually gone and done it.

Kyle Gaddo:
Just chiming in to say:

Then how do we decide which threads to put the [politics] tag on?

Kyle Gaddo:
Just chiming in to say:

It's only political if you Make it political, and push an agenda/propaganda.

Oh, and I'd definitely like an answer to Drathnoxis excellent post, thanks..

vallorn:
There are even gaming websites out there which specifically market themselves as "no politics" nowadays.

Indeed this very website once tried marketing itself that way, "leaving politics at the door" and the like.

SolidState:

vallorn:
There are even gaming websites out there which specifically market themselves as "no politics" nowadays.

Indeed this very website once tried marketing itself that way, "leaving politics at the door" and the like.

Yes, we're not doing that.

But I'm also not going to have us make content that shoves it down your throat. I addressed some of this in my editor's address, but I think we can cover politics and actually make it interesting without pushing an agenda at you, right? Deliver stories that people can relate to and learn about / from, see different perspectives on things, rather than telling you what you're supposed to think.

Entertainment can be a lot of things. It can be an escape, it can be insightful, it can be political, you know? There's not one "right" way to view entertainment, and actually discussing it can be a lot of fun when it's not turned into a crap slinging contest.

One of the few apolitical games I can think of are tetris and pong.

Hey all,

Just letting you know these updates to the forums are still coming. Kinda "forgot" Gamescom was last week and PAX is this week, plus some other big projects we're working on that have taken up a bunch of my time.

Didn't forget about the updates, just need some more time to get it all put together with a clear ruleset. Will update again in a few days on this once we get settled in for the week.

I'll also share some of our plans for September soon in our next big update.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked