Win 7 login fail

Earlier today I used my computer as usual. Than later on tonight i entered my password to login and all of a sudden i get this message:
The user Profile Service service failed to logon.
User profile cannot be loaded.

I found this video that helped me to fix the issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT4ESA2Unng

but everything was switched back to its standard settings. All my history and settings are gone. Why did it happen? How can I regain all my settings back?

wait

Wait

Go ahead and try this,

First try to boot to safe mode with Networking or Safe mode, Then log in to your Account,you will be able to login properly

Then Try this steps

Step 1. click Start and type regedit into the search box and press Enter.

Step 2. Registry Editor will launch and you need to navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

Step 3. In Profilelist you will see many folder, some of them would have long name. You have to look for two folder with the same name but one will end with .bak

Now read my words carefully......

Step 4.You have to go ahead and delete the one which is without the .bak. (I repeat you have to delete the folder with donot have the .bak extension).

Step 5. No go ahead and Right click on folder with .bak and click on Rename. Now the entire name is higlighted. Now click the right arrow key on the key board your cursor would be blinking at the end after k . No slowly press the Backspace key 4 times so the .bak extension is deleted and then Press Enter and close the Registry Editor.

Step 6. Restart you computer and login normally to your old account Every thing should be working fine.

@Metalrocks This is a well tested steps so please follow it with making any mistakes.

Regards,
Jo - Tech Suppory
https://www.Apps4Rent.com

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook