What games are you playing?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 42 NEXT

SckizoBoy:

Also quick aside... have you done the Hippokrates quest chain?

As for level, once you get to Tier 1, there's a bit of a surprise. >_>

By Tier 1 do you mean the Mercenary tiers?

I haven't done the Hippokrates quest chain,though I believe I saw a mission on Kos(some would say Kosm....). I've heard he comes to hang out on your boat with you along with Herodotus(not that Herodotus does much), presumably if you finish the quest chain. I also haven't done all the Alcibiades quests(because I've come to the conclusion he's a dick and helping him always feels like he's pranking you). I did do all of the Sokrates ones though(to my knowledge anyway).

I haven't had much time to play since I finished the DLC. I plan to knock out most if not all of the stuff I didn't do this coming weekend. I started the "A friend to die for" Quest chain and it's amusing, since it's you basically re-enacting scenes from Homers Odyssey trying to find Barnabas's lost wife.

Dalisclock:

Yep... that's the one.

I haven't done the Hippokrates quest chain,though I believe I saw a mission on Kos(some would say Kosm....). I've heard he comes to hang out on your boat with you along with Herodotus(not that Herodotus does much), presumably if you finish the quest chain.

Kos? No, that's not Hippokrates (I was thinking Xenia, but she's on Keos). Can't remember who would be on Kos, but I'm guessing that's just local sidequests. Hippokrates' are all in Thebes, but the annoying thing about them (if you're thinking of doing them) is that they only appear as quest markers when the Misthios wanders within about 100m of them (two pairs, so don't need to go hunting for all four). I'm about to finish it, but heard he becomes an actual lieutenant rather than a hanger on (like Herodotus), but if he does become a hanger on, I'm not too fussed.

I also haven't done all the Alcibiades quests(because I've come to the conclusion he's a dick and helping him always feels like he's pranking you). I did do all of the Sokrates ones though(to my knowledge anyway).

Actually, I quite enjoyed the Alkibiades quest chain, 'cos he's a great deal more complex a character than most of the others and if you know enough about his historic contribution to the Peloponnesian War, his portrayal here (in his younger incarnation) is a pretty good estimation based on what he would become (since not much is known of him before and early on during the war). The conclusion of the chain confused me a bit, but it was an amusing ride. Yes, he was a dick and a thoroughly self-absorbed one at that, but eh...!!

I haven't had much time to play since I finished the DLC. I plan to knock out most if not all of the stuff I didn't do this coming weekend. I started the "A friend to die for" Quest chain and it's amusing, since it's you basically re-enacting scenes from Homers Odyssey trying to find Barnabas's lost wife.

Yeah, finished that the other day, was pretty fun and had a good end. Barnabas' involvement in anything makes it better to me...!

SckizoBoy:

Dalisclock:

Yep... that's the one.

I've got 3 more dudes to kill, so I guess I'll go ahead and take them out just to get to that #1 spot. Apparently they added a bunch of S Tiers recently but I don't know how those work.

SckizoBoy:

Kos? No, that's not Hippokrates (I was thinking Xenia, but she's on Keos). Can't remember who would be on Kos, but I'm guessing that's just local sidequests. Hippokrates' are all in Thebes, but the annoying thing about them (if you're thinking of doing them) is that they only appear as quest markers when the Misthios wanders within about 100m of them (two pairs, so don't need to go hunting for all four). I'm about to finish it, but heard he becomes an actual lieutenant rather than a hanger on (like Herodotus), but if he does become a hanger on, I'm not too fussed.

I forgot about Thebes. I think by that point I more or less started just playing through the main plot since I was high 30's and was ready to be done. I'll go back and check them out.

Though I pretty much don't need any new lieutenants since I have the entire family saved and on my ship.

SckizoBoy:

Actually, I quite enjoyed the Alkibiades quest chain, 'cos he's a great deal more complex a character than most of the others and if you know enough about his historic contribution to the Peloponnesian War, his portrayal here (in his younger incarnation) is a pretty good estimation based on what he would become (since not much is known of him before and early on during the war). The conclusion of the chain confused me a bit, but it was an amusing ride. Yes, he was a dick and a thoroughly self-absorbed one at that, but eh...!!

That part did strike me as fairly true to life, based on what I've heard about him. And it does help flesh him out beyond his constant double entendres.

SckizoBoy:

Yeah, finished that the other day, was pretty fun and had a good end. Barnabas' involvement in anything makes it better to me...!

Barnabas always sound like he's enjoying himself, especially how he wholeheartdly believes in a supernatural explanation for anything and everything that happens. Granted, considering what kind of things you come across in the game I can't say I blame him too much.

Dalisclock:
I've got 3 more dudes to kill, so I guess I'll go ahead and take them out just to get to that #1 spot. Apparently they added a bunch of S Tiers recently but I don't know how those work.

Well, not so much of a surprise now...! They work in much the same way as the main game (pre-lvl 50) tiers, just with new benefits for each tier is all.

I forgot about Thebes. I think by that point I more or less started just playing through the main plot since I was high 30's and was ready to be done. I'll go back and check them out.

Though I pretty much don't need any new lieutenants since I have the entire family saved and on my ship.

Yeah, same. There is virtually nothing in Thebes to do when I played the main quest, so missed the questline completely.

Also, he does just join the ship as a hanger on like Herodotus. I've got the whole family too, which is pretty weird, had to remove Deimos pretty much straight away as it felt kinda weird...!

Barnabas always sound like he's enjoying himself, especially how he wholeheartdly believes in a supernatural explanation for anything and everything that happens. Granted, considering what kind of things you come across in the game I can't say I blame him too much.

LOL yeah. My take on him, too.

Decided to bite the bullet and play Sonic Generations.

I'm mixed. Classic Sonic still feels far too floaty, and Modern Sonic sometimes goes in weird directions with the boost. On the other hand, I can see that this is a case of "easy to learn, difficult to master." Like, I can get through stages okay (though the reflexes I honed in the Classic/Adventure eras have atrophied), but there's the sense of "I can do better, because I can see the stages are designed to accomodate higher levels of skill."

Nostalgia trip is nice. Like sugar, it's insubstantial, but still sweet. Plus, I just beat Metal Sonic in hard mode, so, um, yay.

I've started Subnautica. I didn't sleep that night.

The first outpost I built away from my main base was unfortunately in the territory of a bloody Leviathan. I was just minding my own business with my Seamoth lighting the rocks I was mining when it came along and said hi. And by hi, it destroyed my Seamoth.

I thought it was just a stroke of bad luck so I shamefully Seaglided my way back to my main base, built a new Seamoth and returned. And it ate my Seamoth again.

I have since abandoned Outpost Alpha. You can have that square of land you awful big fish. Though I now have more upgrades for the Seamoth so I might yet return. I might just glide there and build a Moonbay just so I can actually keep my vehicles safe. Or at least build a Scanner room to see if that spot is even worth investing in.

Outpost Beta is in a better location. Though rich in rubies and such, it is sorely lacking in the Titanium needed to actually build it up. I found my progress often impeded by the need to ship in common materials from my main base. I'll have to decide where I actually want to build my Cyclops/Prawn Suit and upgrades.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Its the first Assassin's Creed I have played since AC2, and I'm surprised by how much fun I've had with it. The story and characters are decently interesting, and the gameplay has been sufficiently engaging to keep me playing. That said, its bloated as hell and goes on far longer than it needs to and does not respect the player's time at all; pretty much open world games in a nutshell.

Bilious Green:
I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Its the first Assassin's Creed I have played since AC2, and I'm surprised by how much fun I've had with it. The story and characters are decently interesting, and the gameplay has been sufficiently engaging to keep me playing. That said, its bloated as hell and goes on far longer than it needs to and does not respect the player's time at all; pretty much open world games in a nutshell.

I've been making the joke that it's called Odyssey for a reason. It may not take 10 years but damn it takes a LONG TIME. In the amount of time it took me to finish Origins and it's DLC(both of which were decently long), I still hadn't finished all 3 main quests in Odyssey.

That being said, despite it's flaws, I still think it's one of the better games in the series.

Dalisclock:

Bilious Green:

I've been making the joke that it's called Odyssey for a reason. It may not take 10 years but damn it takes a LONG TIME. In the amount of time it took me to finish Origins and it's DLC(both of which were decently long), I still hadn't finished all 3 main quests in Odyssey.

That being said, despite it's flaws, I still think it's one of the better games in the series.

I did all the main quest lines and about 2/3 of the side quests and it took me 82hrs to finish. I'm playing the Legacy of the First Blade DLC atm.

Bilious Green:
I did all the main quest lines and about 2/3 of the side quests and it took me 82hrs to finish. I'm playing the Legacy of the First Blade DLC atm.

That's pretty much spot on to my play time... all main story quests (including all available DLC/season pass extras to date) and every non-contract/bounty available side quest = approx 120hrs... credit to the game for keeping me hooked like that, it's genuinely the first open world game that's succeeded in doing so (clocked a lot of hours in other OW games, just not as focussed as AC:Ody).

Thing is, I think it's more the setting than anything else that got me, 'cos it (AFAIK) plays very similarly to Assassin's Creed: Origins, but I have next to no interest in the earlier game... *shrug*

Still, looking forward to Fate of Atlantis, should be dropping soon.

EDIT: Not that soon, it seems... 30th April, it appears...

I was just starting Nioh, as a friend said as I love Bloodborne, I'd like it.
Then I broke my thumb, so...

Guess back to Battletech and my twin Gauss Rifle armed King Crab...

SckizoBoy:

Bilious Green:

That's pretty much spot on to my play time... all main story quests (including all available DLC/season pass extras to date) and every non-contract/bounty available side quest = approx 120hrs... credit to the game for keeping me hooked like that, it's genuinely the first open world game that's succeeded in doing so (clocked a lot of hours in other OW games, just not as focussed as AC:Ody).

Thing is, I think it's more the setting than anything else that got me, 'cos it (AFAIK) plays very similarly to Assassin's Creed: Origins, but I have next to no interest in the earlier game... *shrug*

Still, looking forward to Fate of Atlantis, should be dropping soon.

EDIT: Not that soon, it seems... 30th April, it appears...

Well, this month was dropping AC3 and Liberation remastered, and I suspect that's why Atlantis is dropping next month because they don't want to bury the release. It's also possible having to make (some) changes to First Blade might have nudged the schedule a little as well but I could be wrong. It's entirely possible there's a previously released roadmap for all the Odyessy related DLC I'm just not aware of.

Yeah, for me it's much the same. The Ancient world is underrepresented in gaming in general, let alone games where you actually get to explore the place and not just look at a map(Sorry, Total War). And honestly, I've wanted a game world based in Ancient Greece pretty much forever and Odyssey is one of the first I can remember to actually give me one. The last one I can remember was Journeyman Project 3, which had a very Minion take on Atlantis and that came out 20 years ago.

Speaking of which, considering Fate of Atlantis is "borrowing" the name from one of the best adventure games of all time, I'm hoping it will be worth the wait.

Dalisclock:
Well, this month was dropping AC3 and Liberation remastered, and I suspect that's why Atlantis is dropping next month because they don't want to bury the release. It's also possible having to make (some) changes to First Blade might have nudged the schedule a little as well but I could be wrong. It's entirely possible there's a previously released roadmap for all the Odyessy related DLC I'm just not aware of.

Nope, thinking on it, that makes total sense.

Yeah, for me it's much the same. The Ancient world is underrepresented in gaming in general, let alone games where you actually get to explore the place and not just look at a map(Sorry, Total War). And honestly, I've wanted a game world based in Ancient Greece pretty much forever and Odyssey is one of the first I can remember to actually give me one. The last one I can remember was Journeyman Project 3, which had a very Minion take on Atlantis and that came out 20 years ago.

Yeah, while I'm a total Total War fanboy and think that Rome 1 is one of the best games in the series, it's still pretty detached in terms of feel (especially the battle maps which are invariably 'lifeless'). Particularly since I never played the God of War series (and let's not mention Spartan: Total Warrior)... :/

I'm not playing it yet but I got Nioh recently. How good is it, compared to a FromSoft game?

I'm doing another playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy, maybe my favorite games of all time. Haven't played it in a few years. I pimped ME1 out with some newer graphical texture mods and SweetFX. Looks pretty damn good for a 12 year old game.

I picked up Sekiro, but haven't gotten far into it yet. Going to play through it a bit later. Taking a little break from Soulslike games, I guess, as I've spent the majority of my time playing games in that genre the past few years.

Really looking forward to WoW Classic this summer. When they first announced it, I didn't think too much of it, but now that it's almost here, I've caught the bug, bad. Really pumped about leveling a character, hanging out with some old friends and making some new friends, running some dungeons and raids, and getting back into the whole MMO thing again, after about a 7 year break in which I've mostly been playing single player games. I've been looking for a new MMO for years, but haven't been able to find one that I liked, so it's time to go back to the original and play the game that started it all, before it degenerated into whatever you call that mess that retail WoW today.

So... Risk of Rain 2 is freakin' awesome, even in Early Access.

It's basically the same game I know and love, but now in 3D. And I love all 6 released classes so far.

If it's this good now, it might even eclipse the near-flawless first game when they finish adding all the items/levels/classes.

And I'm playing Outward now that it's actually out and I can play the final build. I know I'm biased because I wrote for it, but I still really love it. :D

Been neck deep in the ps4 remake of Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel!

I had imported these games from Japan but due to them finally including the JP audio in these remakes I had to support them again and it has been a good 5 years so the game feels fresh and deep as it always had. Excellent, deep story with a very fun take on the combat system found in trails in the sky. All those NPCs having their own little stories that makes you talk to everyone in each town you go to multiple times over is still timeless as ever and makes the game incredibly immersive.

Highly recommended for those who missed out on this series in the past for whatever reason.

Kerg3927:
I'm doing another playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy, maybe my favorite games of all time. Haven't played it in a few years. I pimped ME1 out with some newer graphical texture mods and SweetFX. Looks pretty damn good for a 12 year old game.

I picked up Sekiro, but haven't gotten far into it yet. Going to play through it a bit later. Taking a little break from Soulslike games, I guess, as I've spent the majority of my time playing games in that genre the past few years.

Really looking forward to WoW Classic this summer. When they first announced it, I didn't think too much of it, but now that it's almost here, I've caught the bug, bad. Really pumped about leveling a character, hanging out with some old friends and making some new friends, running some dungeons and raids, and getting back into the whole MMO thing again, after about a 7 year break in which I've mostly been playing single player games. I've been looking for a new MMO for years, but haven't been able to find one that I liked, so it's time to go back to the original and play the game that started it all, before it degenerated into whatever you call that mess that retail WoW today.

What do you spend the bulk of your time doing in ME...

Planet hopping/scavenging?

TPS Combat?

Dialog wheels?

I've always been kinda intrigued by it, but don't think I could handle another "busy" kind of game anytime soon unless it was different enough. I'm still trying to play through The Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance but am getting weary of questing and inventory management stuff.

Johnny Novgorod:
I'm not playing it yet but I got Nioh recently. How good is it, compared to a FromSoft game?

I personally only got halfway through Nioh before putting it down. It isn't a bad game, but like with all other non-Fromsoft Souls-like games, it just makes me want to play an actual Souls game instead. It is inferior to the games it is aping in nearly every respect, but especially regarding level design and enemy variety.

The kodamas are adorable though.

OT: Been playing a lot of FF14 lately and considering quitting WoW after we get Cutting Edge Jaina.

Johnny Novgorod:

It's got the base formula of a souls game. But it is more like Diablo then a Souls game imo. Think a level/mission based hack/slash with lots of loot and different possible build combinations all on top of a Souls-like difficulty.

It's a fantastic game honestly. But don't hold it up to being a Souls experience because it's only influenced by Souls, it is very much its own game.

hanselthecaretaker:

TPS Combat?

Dialog wheels?

I?ve always been kinda intrigued by it, but don?t think I could handle another ?busy? kind of game anytime soon unless it was different enough. I?m still trying to play through The Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance but am getting weary of questing and inventory management stuff.

I just go through and talk to everyone and do all of the missions. The writing of the story and dialogue is quite good. That's the strength. Plus the combat is fun. It's a TPS RPG with "magic" powers thrown in (biotics and tech).

There are not that many quests as compared to massive open world games like Witcher 3. The ME games are quite small and compact by comparison. For example, in ME1, there are 20 main story missions and 65 side missions, total, for the whole game. And many of the side missions are very short. The Witcher 3 has over 400 quests.

Time-wise, you can probably play through the entire three-game Mass Effect trilogy in less time than it takes to play through the Witcher 3, and you will spend a lot less time doing what feels like "busy" work quests, because the ME games don't have near as much filler.

CritialGaming:

Johnny Novgorod:

It's got the base formula of a souls game. But it is more like Diablo then a Souls game imo. Think a level/mission based hack/slash with lots of loot and different possible build combinations all on top of a Souls-like difficulty.

It's a fantastic game honestly. But don't hold it up to being a Souls experience because it's only influenced by Souls, it is very much its own game.

Fair enough, I like Diablo too.

Fappy:

Johnny Novgorod:

I personally only got halfway through Nioh before putting it down. It isn't a bad game, but like with all other non-Fromsoft Souls-like games, it just makes me want to play an actual Souls game instead. It is inferior to the games it is aping in nearly every respect, but especially regarding level design and enemy variety.

The kodamas are adorable though.

I'm a sucker for yokai in general. Sucks about the enemy variety though.

Axiom Verge. It's good. The 2nd boss was hard as balls. The 3rd was trivial in comparison, despite looking much more menacing.
Anyway, i safely recommend it if you're a fan of metroid(vanias).

Kerg3927:

hanselthecaretaker:

TPS Combat?

Dialog wheels?

I've always been kinda intrigued by it, but don't think I could handle another "busy" kind of game anytime soon unless it was different enough. I'm still trying to play through The Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance but am getting weary of questing and inventory management stuff.

I just go through and talk to everyone and do all of the missions. The writing of the story and dialogue is quite good. That's the strength. Plus the combat is fun. It's a TPS RPG with "magic" powers thrown in (biotics and tech).

There are not that many quests as compared to massive open world games like Witcher 3. The ME games are quite small and compact by comparison. For example, in ME1, there are 20 main story missions and 65 side missions, total, for the whole game. And many of the side missions are very short. The Witcher 3 has over 400 quests.

Time-wise, you can probably play through the entire three-game Mass Effect trilogy in less time than it takes to play through the Witcher 3, and you will spend a lot less time doing what feels like "busy" work quests, because the ME games don't have near as much filler.

Thanks for the info. The trilogy sounds like something I'd get on a future Steam Sale once I finish some of my RPG backlog.

hanselthecaretaker:

Kerg3927:

hanselthecaretaker:

TPS Combat?

Dialog wheels?

I?ve always been kinda intrigued by it, but don?t think I could handle another ?busy? kind of game anytime soon unless it was different enough. I?m still trying to play through The Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance but am getting weary of questing and inventory management stuff.

Thanks for the info. The trilogy sounds like something I?d get on a future Steam Sale once I finish some of my RPG backlog.

Sadly, you can't actually buy the trilogy on Steam. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are available but ME3 is Origin-only(even if you buy it physical, you still need Origin to play). And last I checked, you couldn't get the DLC(some of which is practically mandatory, such as the Citadel or Javik for 3) as part of a Package, you need to buy them piecemeal.

Currently playing Assassins Creed 3 Remastered while waiting for the Odyssey Atlantis DLC to drop later this month(and because I 've been curious how the remaster is). It's mostly how I remember the game, playing the original AC3 about 4-5 years back. Ironically, the remaster actually makes some things look worse, such as some faces(Haytham actually looks weird as fuck) and sometimes the eyes look....distracting.

I had also forgotten that like the first 5-6 sequences(which is like 2-3 hours of playtime even if you just doing the main quest with no distractions) are essentially justified tutorials and the game isn't fully unlocked until around the time Connor grows up and becomes an Assassin. I do like it but it's a fairly slow burn, especially since most other games in the series have been much quicker to throw you into the action.

Replaying the game actually does make the first few sequences more interesting knowing that

The game does a pretty good job at hiding this though there are enough clues if you're paying close attention. I also noticed that Charles Lee acts amiable towards Haytham, who he's trying to impress, and you never see him really interact with any of the natives, so his jerkass racism towards Connor isn't nessasicaly indicative of a change of character.

MrCalavera:
Axiom Verge. It's good. The 2nd boss was hard as balls. The 3rd was trivial in comparison, despite looking much more menacing.

Yeah, the difficulty curve is a little inconsistent. In case you haven't learned this yourself: the Kilver is your friend for most of the game. Short range, but the shots go through walls and obstacles and hit hard. Or until/if you find the Flamethrower, which is kindo of a guide dang it.

Just finished Frozen Wilds dlc for Horizon: Zero Dawn because I was almost done and wanted to get it off my backlog list. Haven't done all the errands yet but I don't really care. I loved the scenery but everything else was just kinda meh. None of the new machines were very interesting to fight (a big corrupted TRON-looking bear?) and I wasn't really invested in the story.

Dalisclock:
Sadly, you can't actually buy the [Mass Effect] trilogy on Steam. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are available but ME3 is Origin-only(even if you buy it physical, you still need Origin to play). And last I checked, you couldn't get the DLC(some of which is practically mandatory, such as the Citadel or Javik for 3) as part of a Package, you need to buy them piecemeal.

Yeah, I just play it on Origin. I bought a copy of the game for my brother a couple of years ago, and back then you could get the trilogy for like $19.99. But if you wanted to get all of the DLC for ME2 and ME3 (ME1's DLC is included), it was still fairly pricey, like $80 altogether. Maybe it's gone down since then, I don't know.

But if one doesn't want to pay for the DLC, getting all three base games for $20 is huge bargain, IMO. The DLC includes a few very good missions, and two new squadmates, but I think the trilogy would still be a great experience without them, especially for someone who's never played the games.

So uh, I just finished Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Or at least I reached the end credits. Apparently choosing to

I guess I'll have to just play it again just to find out.

Overall I'd say the game is a mixed bag. It's especially hard for me to give coherent thoughts about it, because I feel I didn't actually complete the game. But while it's working, it gives a sense of danger and adventure I haven't felt since Dark Souls 1. The combat is at its best when it feels like you're dancing on the edge of a knife and managing to stay alive by a hair.

But the bosses just pass a certain threshold of punishment where instead of feeling exhilarated, it just felt like a chore to me. The margin of error is often so thin and the punishment for the slightest mishap so severe that I spent probably 50% of my overall game time fighting the same bosses over and over and over again. It ultimately boils down to the same pattern learning as the Soulsborne games, but here a careful approach is simply not possible. Since using turtling strategies or ranged attacks is not viable, the only way to properly learn how to fight bosses is to go toe to toe with them to learn proper responses to certain tells. And since the game is so insanely punishing this mostly meant just dying 50,000 times to each and every one of them until I got it. I especially wasn't a fan of the unblockable grab attacks that slice off 50-80% of your health bar, and the window for dodging them being less than a second. And the tracking, oh the tracking. And the fact that the game is just straight up unfair: the enemies and the player play by different rules, and they only balance each other out somewhat.

I'm not giving a full verdict right now, but at the moment personally it's at best a 7/10. No technical faults to speak of, phenomenal visual design and atmosphere, but ultimately so much of my playtime was simply not enjoyable that I can't in good conscience put it in the same league with the Soulsborne games.

Kerg3927:

Dalisclock:
Sadly, you can't actually buy the [Mass Effect] trilogy on Steam. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are available but ME3 is Origin-only(even if you buy it physical, you still need Origin to play). And last I checked, you couldn't get the DLC(some of which is practically mandatory, such as the Citadel or Javik for 3) as part of a Package, you need to buy them piecemeal.

Yeah, I just play it on Origin. I bought a copy of the game for my brother a couple of years ago, and back then you could get the trilogy for like $19.99. But if you wanted to get all of the DLC for ME2 and ME3 (ME1's DLC is included), it was still fairly pricey, like $80 altogether. Maybe it's gone down since then, I don't know.

But if one doesn't want to pay for the DLC, getting all three base games for $20 is huge bargain, IMO. The DLC includes a few very good missions, and two new squadmates, but I think the trilogy would still be a great experience without them, especially for someone who's never played the games.

I recommend the ME3 Citadel DLC for anyone who plays through the full trilogy. Besides of being a love letter to the characters, I think it has the only boss battle in series where the boss' attacks depend on your class. It's fun.

Playing BioShock Infinite.

-Good god, the PS3 controller is terrible for FPS games. It was bad in the original BioShock, it's bad now.

-Serious question, was anyone actually fooled into thinking that Columbia was a nice place before the, um, "bride and groom" sequence? I've heard people saying that the first part of the game is the best and most atmospheric, but while I can get that, seriously, anyone who's paying attention to the NPC dialogue must know that "hey, this place probably isn't a nice place to be."

Hawki:
Playing BioShock Infinite.

-Good god, the PS3 controller is terrible for FPS games. It was bad in the original BioShock, it's bad now.

-Serious question, was anyone actually fooled into thinking that Columbia was a nice place before the, um, "bride and groom" sequence? I've heard people saying that the first part of the game is the best and most atmospheric, but while I can get that, seriously, anyone who's paying attention to the NPC dialogue must know that "hey, this place probably isn't a nice place to be."

Well, it is nice and shiney and the people seem kinda nice. The fact it isn't a free for all murder zone most shooters start you out in lends itself to a feeling of safety. You might have been wierded out by all the statues of the US founding fathers though looking almost like gods.

That and you're only wandering around for maybe 10/15 minutes before you get to that bit and are hit on the head with the "Oh, yeah, this era was really racist".

OTOH, if you paid any attention to the marketing, you already know something is going on, because the E3 trailers were pretty explicit, even if most of the actual stuff ended up getting tossed.

Dalisclock:

Well, it is nice and shiney and the people seem kinda nice. The fact it isn't a free for all murder zone most shooters start you out in lends itself to a feeling of safety. You might have been wierded out by all the statues of the US founding fathers though looking almost like gods.

That and you're only wandering around for maybe 10/15 minutes before you get to that bit and are hit on the head with the "Oh, yeah, this era was really racist".

OTOH, if you paid any attention to the marketing, you already know something is going on, because the E3 trailers were pretty explicit, even if most of the actual stuff ended up getting tossed.

I actually didn't pay much attention to the marketing back in the day, but in the years between the game's release and now, I've spoiled myself. So, with the founding fathers, can't say it was unexpected, but I can appreciate it from an artistic standpoint, that it's taking elements of American culture and taking it to an extreme.

Also, minor note, damn, Columbia can really evacuate its citizens. Soon as I kill the first cop, everyone scatters to the winds and the streets are completely deserted. Um...yay?

Hawki:

Also, minor note, damn, Columbia can really evacuate its citizens. Soon as I kill the first cop, everyone scatters to the winds and the streets are completely deserted. Um...yay?

Yeah. I noticed that too, especially the 2nd time through. One moment the area might be full of civilians and the moment an alarm is tripped or someone calls the cops on you, all the civilians just vanish into thin air. It would be one thing if you saw people rushing into buildings and slamming the doors shut but suddenly the enemies just teleport in while the innocents disappear.

Finally playing Horizon: Zero Dawn properly... side-quest grinding, still yet to get to Meridian and already Lvl 25... -_-'

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 42 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here