What games are you playing?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . . . 37 NEXT

Recently started and finished BioShock Remastered. Had a pretty fun time and it was nice to come back and play the game as an adult, I think the first time I played it I was around fourteen, so a lot of the more political stuff went over my head. It was just a game where you wandered around a cool underwater city and killed people with nifty powers. I started BioShock 2 Remastered, but I just lost two hours of progress to a bug, so it's going on the "fuck you, I'll come back maybe eventually" shelf.

So now, onto We Happy Few to see how it stacks up.

I'm really considering cleaning up some more laid back backlog before getting back into Sekiro or Dark Souls 3. I think I'm at a good pause point for each game; for Sekiro in Sunken Valley where you apparently need a certain weapon to progress beyond those damn gunners after exploring everywhere prior, and Dark Souls 3 where I've done everything seemingly possible through Cathedral of the Deep and around Firelink Shrine but there's no clear path beyond.

Now it's really a choice between The Witcher 3, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, or Red Dead: Redemption 2. There's also Mafia 3 and Mad Max but they're more like the same between the rocks in my jar of gaming.

I'm playing a lot of House Flipper, a game that is more fun than it has any right to be.

Finished the AC3 Remaster. I still like the game and the sailing missions are way more fun then it has any right to be(even if barely has anything to do with the rest of the game and pretty much nothing to do with the story). Connor got way more shit then he deserved back in the day, probably because he wasn't Ezio and had the nerve to follow up Ezio. It didn't help that if you didn't do the homestead missions, you missed out on a lot of his softer moments where you see him care about people around him.

That said, the last 2 sequences feel incredibly rushed and choppy. Pretty much everything after the battle of the Chesapeake(which was quite well done) felt thrown together at the last minute.

With that done, I'm AC Liberation Remastered. It's one of the few mainline games in the series I hadn't played(the other one is Unity) so I'm kinda doing it out of curiosity. So far it's okay. The persona system(dressing up in different costumes, each with advantages and disadvantages) is probably the most interesting thing so far.

I noticed a new game on my Steam library, I received a copy of Borderlands Remastered. I like that you could easily import characters from the old version. But straight away they missed a huge improvement they should have added, the secret stash. That was a giant improvement in the 2nd game and would have really helped the remaster. Otherwise, the remaster is well done. Took a character from start to the end of the easier difficulty. Didn't notice much in the way of improvement, it looks a little better I suppose. When you're talking about cell shading there really isn't much difference. I had more fun with randos in multiplayer than usual I suppose. There are actually some people playing for the first time and its fun when they spawn a vehicle and are waiting for you to jump in, and you spawn the second vehicle and blow their minds because they didn't know you could have more than one. I'm a little more favorably predisposed to Borderlands than I used to be, but that doesn't have much to do with anything the remaster has done. I think I might even go through the harder mode with my character and then hit the dlc's. Just one question for anyone who knows, have they done anything new with Borderlands 2 to make it worth looking into after all this time?

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

For nostalgia's sake, really; I just wanted something I could 'dumb' around in for a bit. My last save was 12 YEARS ago; seeing that save slot had the same impact of someone almost touching The One Ring; I experienced violent flashes of the person I was the last time I'd touched the game disc; got a little melancholy for a moment... then I popped it in and seeing the cartoonish beauty of Cyrodiil made it all better. Not nearly as amazing as remember, but feels good for the things it does right and the slew of things it does wrong.

Also, found this retrospective on YouTube. It's quite long, but as a long-time TES fan, he had me dancing in the aisles and speaking in tongues like an evangelical with the dead-on point after point he kept making, particularly around the 3h:30m mark where his points about "accessibility" hit home given the "discussion going on in a couple other threads at the moment. Worth the listen.

So, I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, so I decided to take the plunge and buy a Nintendo Switch. And I think it might actually be the first good console Nintendo have done since the Gamecube. I ended up hating the Wii and hating myself even more for deciding to get another one (I traded the first in against the price of a PS3) to play Skyward Sword on. And I never bothered with the Wii U. But the Switch, I like. The gimmick (because for some reason all Nintendo consoles these days need a gimmick) of it basically being a handheld console that you can play on your TV works quite well nicely and isn't as obnoxious as the motion control thing of the Wii. I have a grumble about the shoulder buttons on the controllers being tiny for my adult man hands, but I think that's going to be a case of me getting used to it.

So while I'm talking about the Switch, the main reason I went and got one in the first place. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. And Wow, its every bit as good as they promised. I have graduated from the starting area which was fun and am now wandering around Hyrule proper just going "oooh, whats that over there?" which makes it feel like a Fallout game oddly. I have been having fun, getting my arse handed to me by rock monsters that like popping out of the ground and a Poe that rained fire down on me and drowning in extreme cold. But its fine, its all a learning curve. The music in this game is very minimalist in its use, but I found a stable and the music switched to a remixed version of Epona's Theme from Ocarina of Time. Ouch game, right in the nostalgia. Cooking is fun, more fun than it has any right to be. And the weapons constantly breaking is cute, though I have a feeling its going to get annoying as the game progresses. I have a feeling that I'm going to burn myself out on this game at some point and not want to play it for ages.

But for now, welcome back into my life Nintendo. You have been missed my old friend.

Also playing Moonlighter on my PS4, a fun if slightly annoying dungeon crawler/shop management sim. I'm not very good at it, can't seem to get past the second boss and I can't upgrade my gear any more as I need stuff from the other dungeons. Hmmm, but the shop management bit is fun, selling the stuff you find in the dungeons while trying to find the right prices for them, stop theft and trying to provide the people with what they want rather than selling them stuff they already have. This I'm finding more fun than the actual dungeon crawling bit. Maybe I just want to a shop management sim.

Also very quickly, in the past month I have played and beaten God of War. A game that I was pretty meh about to begin with due to the combat being very unintuitive being mapped to the shoulder buttons. But I ended up loving it by the end, the combat finally clicked and the story and the game world are fantastic.

And finally, I got around to finally finishing Valkryia Chronicles 4. A game I started out really loving and towards the end felt a bit meh towards it. I think that it goes on a bit too long with repeated boss fights adding to my sense of tedium setting in. Plus the real ending is hidden behind a hard mode version of the final fight. Ugh, maybe some other time game.

Completed Dark Souls 3 (now on NG++, mopping up the last few trophies for the Platinum).

Also completed the main story for Yoshi's Crafted World, and lent it to my brother. Once he's done with it I'll go through the reverse-side stages.

2/3 of the way through For Honour as well, which I'm playing co-op. I don't think I'll get into the multiplayer, though; just the main story and call it a day. It hasn't hugely grabbed me.

Been playing FF12: Zodiac Age for the first time. It's pretty good so far, but the AI can been pretty finicky at times and the Bazaar item system seems needlessly cumbersome. I also have no idea how the Limit Breaks work, but I managed to chain two together somehow and ended a boss fight when they were still at like 50% HP, lol.

I'm still playing Devil May Cry 5. V's bloody palace I finished. Nero bloody palace I will do when I get home from work. I'll finish up Dante's later in the week. also, when I get paid I'm trying to decide between cuphead or the messenger for the switch. What are you guys and gals think I should get?

Playing Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Good controls and fun platforming but I'm not super in love with the sandbox. I wouldn't mind it so much if it didn't feel less like an open world and more like a bunch of islands (of buildings!) with only a few interconnecting bridges here and there, meaning you inevitably wind up running to and fro across the same choke points and that gets boring fast.

Finished playing Assasins Creed Liberation Remastered. I'm not sure how "remastered" it ended up being or if it's just the HD port included in the AC3 remaster, but regardless, as a game it's fine. Not great, not terrible and sadly not terribly memorable. I can see why nobody really talks about it much and why most people don't remember this is the game when Ubisoft did a lady assassin for the first time(and to date the only lady assassin solo game if we don't count one optional mission near the end when you can play Connor). The plot is mostly meh and it feels like it could have been fleshed out a hell of a lot more, but it's also a handheld game so yeah.

It does have a few interesting tricks. The persona system where disguises/clothes change how easily spotted you are but also limit your options(the lady can't freerun or use most weapons but takes the longest to get noticed, the assassin has the full arsenal but is easily noticed and the slave is a mix of the two). It's an idea that would be cool to see in a full AC game.

The other interesting gimmick is how the game is an "Abstergo Animus" title, where the history is mostly true except where certain scenes were edited out(anything that made the templars seem worse or the assasins seem better) and there's a running subplot where some hacker group lets you re-insert the missing scenes by finding and killing a special NPC which adds a bit more context to certain cutscenes(and the database will be altered to reflect what really happened). It's not amazing but it does give a bit more context what was going on in Black Flag's Present Day storyline(besides the Sage thing).

Definitely one of the most missable games in the AC series and I only really played it because I hadn't tried it yet, it was short and I got it free with Odyssey with the AC3 remastered. So yeah, it was fine for "free".

Getting ready to jump into AC Odyssey's Fate of Atlantis DLC here when it unlocks tomorrow. Hoping it's worth the wait.

Fappy:
I also have no idea how the Limit Breaks work, but I managed to chain two together somehow and ended a boss fight when they were still at like 50% HP, lol.

Yeh, FFXII isn't that great at explaining how some of its stuff works. Quickenings being one of them. Iirc, it has something to do with starting one characters quickening then pressing the face button corresponding to another character before the timer runs out to queue up their quickening. Also something about building up charges. The counter intuitive thing being that it's better to mash out a new quickening as fast as possible rather than use your time and charges strategically.

My favorite "how the fuck was I supposed to know that" is still the Zodiac Spear, the strongest weapon in the original version of FFXII. To get it, you can't open certain chests in earlier parts of the game. Opened the wrong chest? Tough luck, no Zodiac Spear for you. Ever. Then much later, in an annoying high level area, you come across a grouping of 16 chests. Assuming you didn't mess up before, the Spear will be in one of these 16. Pick the wrong one, and no Zodiac Spear for you. Ever. Fun on a bun.

Dalisclock:
Finished playing Assasins Creed Liberation Remastered. I'm not sure how "remastered" it ended up being or if it's just the HD port included in the AC3 remaster, but regardless, as a game it's fine. Not great, not terrible and sadly not terribly memorable. I can see why nobody really talks about it much and why most people don't remember this is the game when Ubisoft did a lady assassin for the first time(and to date the only lady assassin solo game if we don't count one optional mission near the end when you can play Connor). The plot is mostly meh and it feels like it could have been fleshed out a hell of a lot more, but it's also a handheld game so yeah.

It does have a few interesting tricks. The persona system where disguises/clothes change how easily spotted you are but also limit your options(the lady can't freerun or use most weapons but takes the longest to get noticed, the assassin has the full arsenal but is easily noticed and the slave is a mix of the two). It's an idea that would be cool to see in a full AC game.

The other interesting gimmick is how the game is an "Abstergo Animus" title, where the history is mostly true except where certain scenes were edited out(anything that made the templars seem worse or the assasins seem better) and there's a running subplot where some hacker group lets you re-insert the missing scenes by finding and killing a special NPC which adds a bit more context to certain cutscenes(and the database will be altered to reflect what really happened). It's not amazing but it does give a bit more context what was going on in Black Flag's Present Day storyline(besides the Sage thing).

Definitely one of the most missable games in the AC series and I only really played it because I hadn't tried it yet, it was short and I got it free with Odyssey with the AC3 remastered. So yeah, it was fine for "free".

Getting ready to jump into AC Odyssey's Fate of Atlantis DLC here when it unlocks tomorrow. Hoping it's worth the wait.

Seriously, how something an HD remaster when it was already in HD to begin with? Ubisoft must seem to think gamers are really stupid or the company themselves are that stupid.

Started MK11 last night; first game I've played at a midnight launch digitally. While most modes were still locked out, I did go through the basic training tutorial. I like the new pace; it feels like it could be more tactical now instead of just a constant pedal-to-the-metal blitz.

Really hoping they patch the RNG loot crap in the Krypt soon though. The bitching is reaching a fever pitch, and rightfully so. Either keep the randomized chests and eliminate the grind to open them, or make it so you can see what you're picking if it's going to be a grind. The Towers sounds like they could use some difficulty tweaking away from the frustrating, ridiculous modifiers in the AI's favor.

Chimpzy:

Fappy:
I also have no idea how the Limit Breaks work, but I managed to chain two together somehow and ended a boss fight when they were still at like 50% HP, lol.

Yeh, FFXII isn't that great at explaining how some of its stuff works. Quickenings being one of them. Iirc, it has something to do with starting one characters quickening then pressing the face button corresponding to another character before the timer runs out to queue up their quickening. Also something about building up charges. The counter intuitive thing being that it's better to mash out a new quickening as fast as possible rather than use your time and charges strategically.

My favorite "how the fuck was I supposed to know that" is still the Zodiac Spear, the strongest weapon in the original version of FFXII. To get it, you can't open certain chests in earlier parts of the game. Opened the wrong chest? Tough luck, no Zodiac Spear for you. Ever. Then much later, in an annoying high level area, you come across a grouping of 16 chests. Assuming you didn't mess up before, the Spear will be in one of these 16. Pick the wrong one, and no Zodiac Spear for you. Ever. Fun on a bun.

Fortunately they fixed the stupid Zodiac Spear acquisition in Zodiac Age (though the Spear class may end up being the only one I don't have).

I just reached the king's vault place with the demon walls (basically just beat Garuda), and combat's suddenly become pretty damn easy. I got metric shitload of LP while traveling there since the section before it is... way too long, lol.

Continuing Dark Souls on the Switch. I'm doing an intelligence build and I finally got the Moonlight Greatsword.

CoCage:

Dalisclock:

Seriously, how something an HD remaster when it was already in HD to begin with? Ubisoft must seem to think gamers are really stupid or the company themselves are that stupid.

I'm guessing here but I think the Remastered pretty much applies to AC3 and not liberation because pretty much nobody cares about Liberation anyway. LIberation HD was just an added extra because it's kinda connected to AC3(mostly in that there's a single mission where Aveline fights alongside Connor, which you can then replay as Connor if you want).

It's hard to really care one way or another since Liberation isn't the main event here, especially if you got with as part of ther Odyssey Season Pass. Hell, the marketing for the remaster pretty much begins and ends with "Oh, and Liberation is included too" and treats it as a DLC. It's honestly hard not to see it as a DLC in any case, considering how short and abbreviated it feels at times(you get summery cards between most missions explaining parts of the plot).

It does make it amusing at the beginning of Black Flag when Melanie does a brief pitch for Liberation, like they're super proud of it, despite the fact it's pretty much a side story for the series that most people probably didn't play.

Finally got around to finishing New Colossus the other day. I'd shelved it for over a year, having got fed up banging my head against a wall in the streets of New Orleans, but after the news of a new Wolfenstein on the horizon I decided to crack on and clear it from my to-do list.

Meh.

I've got to say I enjoyed New Order more. Usually I don't particularly like boss fights in games, I find the idea that a super powerful enemy with flashing neon lights around a carelessly exposed 'vital' spot (who moreover stops attacking every 30 seconds to parade said spot tantalizingly in front of the player) to be quite immersion breaking, but I must say I missed them from New Colossus. Sure there are big set-pieces, and even some of the run-of-the-mill enemies can be deadly in certain circumstances, but after playing New Order it really did feel that a lot of levels in New Colossus ended on a bit of a damp squib.

Grouchy Imp:
Finally got around to finishing New Colossus the other day. I'd shelved it for over a year, having got fed up banging my head against a wall in the streets of New Orleans, but after the news of a new Wolfenstein on the horizon I decided to crack on and clear it from my to-do list.

Meh.

I've got to say I enjoyed New Order more. Usually I don't particularly like boss fights in games, I find the idea that a super powerful enemy with flashing neon lights around a carelessly exposed 'vital' spot (who moreover stops attacking every 30 seconds to parade said spot tantalizingly in front of the player) to be quite immersion breaking, but I must say I missed them from New Colossus. Sure there are big set-pieces, and even some of the run-of-the-mill enemies can be deadly in certain circumstances, but after playing New Order it really did feel that a lot of levels in New Colossus ended on a bit of a damp squib.

Did New Order have a whole lot of boss fights? I only remember the two at the end.

Wings012:
I've started Subnautica. I didn't sleep that night.

The first outpost I built away from my main base was unfortunately in the territory of a bloody Leviathan. I was just minding my own business with my Seamoth lighting the rocks I was mining when it came along and said hi. And by hi, it destroyed my Seamoth.

I thought it was just a stroke of bad luck so I shamefully Seaglided my way back to my main base, built a new Seamoth and returned. And it ate my Seamoth again.

I have since abandoned Outpost Alpha. You can have that square of land you awful big fish. Though I now have more upgrades for the Seamoth so I might yet return. I might just glide there and build a Moonbay just so I can actually keep my vehicles safe. Or at least build a Scanner room to see if that spot is even worth investing in.

Outpost Beta is in a better location. Though rich in rubies and such, it is sorely lacking in the Titanium needed to actually build it up. I found my progress often impeded by the need to ship in common materials from my main base. I'll have to decide where I actually want to build my Cyclops/Prawn Suit and upgrades.

Same here, and I regret buying it. It seems that so many reviewers are just full of shit, not wanting to piss anybody off by listing the negatives with the game. Some of the design choices are downright baffling, such as not being able to revert a titanium ingot back to titanium nuggets, character hunger and thirst requirements that are the worst by far for me versus other games, and having food rot faster than you can get back to base.

Johnny Novgorod:

Grouchy Imp:
>snipped<

Did New Order have a whole lot of boss fights? I only remember the two at the end.

I seem to remember a few. There was the dual boss-fight at the end, there was that bloody London Monitor thing, and I'm sure I remember one more. Also in New Order the Panzerhunds were a lot more dangerous than in New Colossus, to the point they counted as mini boss fights in their own right. Certainly I remember having more trouble with the Panzerhunds in New Order than I had with the end-of-game robots in New Colossus (Zerstorers, or something?).

Frezzato:

Wings012:
I've started Subnautica. I didn't sleep that night.

The first outpost I built away from my main base was unfortunately in the territory of a bloody Leviathan. I was just minding my own business with my Seamoth lighting the rocks I was mining when it came along and said hi. And by hi, it destroyed my Seamoth.

I thought it was just a stroke of bad luck so I shamefully Seaglided my way back to my main base, built a new Seamoth and returned. And it ate my Seamoth again.

I have since abandoned Outpost Alpha. You can have that square of land you awful big fish. Though I now have more upgrades for the Seamoth so I might yet return. I might just glide there and build a Moonbay just so I can actually keep my vehicles safe. Or at least build a Scanner room to see if that spot is even worth investing in.

Outpost Beta is in a better location. Though rich in rubies and such, it is sorely lacking in the Titanium needed to actually build it up. I found my progress often impeded by the need to ship in common materials from my main base. I'll have to decide where I actually want to build my Cyclops/Prawn Suit and upgrades.

Same here, and I regret buying it. It seems that so many reviewers are just full of shit, not wanting to piss anybody off by listing the negatives with the game. Some of the design choices are downright baffling, such as not being able to revert a titanium ingot back to titanium nuggets, character hunger and thirst requirements that are the worst by far for me versus other games, and having food rot faster than you can get back to base.

You can turn the Hunger and Thirst meters off. There's literally a gameplay mode that plays the same as the normal one but without the hunger/thirst meters. You can't switch mid-game but it's an option and one I would take the next time I play, because in the last third or so of the game it was more of an annoyance, like topping off the tank, then actually life threatening.

I am curious how you had food spoil on you so fast. Were you making some super long trips between hunting and your replicator thingy? I only had food spoil on me if I didn't get around to cooking or preserving it, and honestly, you'll find enough of the little protein bars scattered around to provide emergency rations just in case that does happen(the protein bars never spoil).

Dalisclock:

Frezzato:

You can turn the Hunger and Thirst meters off. There's literally a gameplay mode that plays the same as the normal one but without the hunger/thirst meters. You can't switch mid-game but it's an option and one I would take the next time I play, because in the last third or so of the game it was more of an annoyance, like topping off the tank, then actually life threatening.

I am curious how you had food spoil on you so fast. Were you making some super long trips between hunting and your replicator thingy? I only had food spoil on me if I didn't get around to cooking or preserving it, and honestly, you'll find enough of the little protein bars scattered around to provide emergency rations just in case that does happen(the protein bars never spoil).

Sorry, I meant that fruits spoil quickly. The game is inconsistent with its rules where a fish will keep forever in storage while a fruit will begin to rot in about one minute IRL no matter what you do. But then a cooked fish will spoiler rather quickly in storage. SMH. It's stuff like that which ruins a game for me. This doesn't mean it's not exactly fun, I just think the experience itself is marred by these terrible decisions.

Another example is the scant five immediate inventory slots and the lack of being able to map/remap items. The list of gripes just goes on for me.

Base building is fun, but I also think that hostiles in the game are simply too hostile and there are way too many of them. Having leviathan enemies mainly go after submersibles more than you is, it's as if the devs don't respect players' time -- their customers -- and were trying to find ways to pad game length.

I may just skip to the endgame as fast as possible and move on.

Chimpzy:

Fappy:

It makes SoulsBorne seem downright simple. It's like they were trying to be sadistic or encouraged everyone to be reading Wikis.

I'm tempted to get Burnout: Paradise Remastered while it's on a steep sale at PSN. Like I need another game, but it's a good one to add to the library. Even though it was somewhat of a step down back then, it doesn't look like we'll be getting anything better anytime soon.

Dalisclock:

coincidentally been playing this recently while waiting for local acquaintance to finish with Odyssey disc so's the DLC can begin, and did indeed start the mode without hunger/thirst meters due to it looking more like a tiresome hassle. can honestly say absolutely no regrets on that front. I know I know...I cheated not only the game, but also myself

...and I'd do it again and again until there's nothing left but the fragrant dust of hollow victories defining this cursed medium!

seriously though, on PS4 it's a bit wonky on the technical side where clipping through the sea floor is a rather common occurrence. and for some reason a mysterious eternally burning fire spawned by my escape pod just casually floating on the water serving no purpose but to slow down the framerate everytime I try getting close enough to look at what the fuck is going on

Neurotic Void Melody:

Dalisclock:

coincidentally been playing this recently while waiting for local acquaintance to finish with Odyssey disc so's the DLC can begin, and did indeed start the mode without hunger/thirst meters due to it looking more like a tiresome hassle. can honestly say absolutely no regrets on that front. I know I know...I cheated not only the game, but also myself

...and I'd do it again and again until there's nothing left but the fragrant dust of hollow victories defining this cursed medium!

seriously though, on PS4 it's a bit wonky on the technical side where clipping through the sea floor is a rather common occurrence. and for some reason a mysterious eternally burning fire spawned by my escape pod just casually floating on the water serving no purpose but to slow down the framerate everytime I try getting close enough to look at what the fuck is going on

If it's any consolation, I read that the problems are very similar on PC with the clipping and all.

Also, it's the same five quick access slots on the PC version and the process of adding stuff to it is just as convoluted as it is on console.

Frezzato:

Sorry, I meant that fruits spoil quickly. The game is inconsistent with its rules where a fish will keep forever in storage while a fruit will begin to rot in about one minute IRL no matter what you do. But then a cooked fish will spoiler rather quickly in storage. SMH. It's stuff like that which ruins a game for me. This doesn't mean it's not exactly fun, I just think the experience itself is marred by these terrible decisions.

Another example is the scant five immediate inventory slots and the lack of being able to map/remap items. The list of gripes just goes on for me.

Base building is fun, but I also think that hostiles in the game are simply too hostile and there are way too many of them. Having leviathan enemies mainly go after submersibles more than you is, it's as if the devs don't respect players' time -- their customers -- and were trying to find ways to pad game length.

Food/water for me wasn't a big deal. After I made it topside, I found Marblemelons which are basically a foodstuff that gives you +15 to food and water. Cutting a grown fruit gives you 4 seeds. So I quite literally just planted it everywhere. I pretty much never carried food and water with me, I just chomped some melons every time I got back. After I got the Cyclops, I planted a bunch aboard it. Fully grown fruits don't ever rot while still in their pots, so it's just a matter of eating off the pot and replanting as needed rather than the Minecraft way of harvesting and hoarding. Later on you can upgrade the knife to a thermoblade which cooks fish when you hit them. So you pretty much can feed yourself on the go with that rather than needing to rely on having a replicator at hand.

But I do agree that overall the food/water isn't that well implemented. It's just added busywork.

On the hostiles thing, well they were pretty much going for the whole survival/horror angle. It's something I respect. Threats are just something you have to dodge and avoid rather than something you conquer. While I typically prefer to eliminate all threats myself, this is a design decision I still respect. Leviathans won't attack your submersibles if they are powered off and they all have potential upgrades which you can use to deter any attacks. While losing two Seamoths to a Reaper was sad, I was pretty much drill punching late game threats with my Prawn Suit.

Frezzato:
If it's any consolation, I read that the problems are very similar on PC with the clipping and all.

Also, it's the same five quick access slots on the PC version and the process of adding stuff to it is just as convoluted as it is on console.

that does alleviate fears of the console port as a begrudging obligation in the hierarchy of priorities somewhat. the clipping seems to only happen in the seamoth when I've beelined somewhere faster than the game can clumsily render, with a saving grace that it doesn't trap the player in that infinite murky hellscape at least. but the pop-in is strong with this one. the low number of access slots is a strange choice I thought too, almost always there's need for more than 5 tools/items at hand. but when it works, it works well, and a work in progress it sure does feel

Frezzato:

Dalisclock:

Frezzato:

Oh, the fruits go quick. I usally just grew some at my base and ate those when I had to eat there and saved my preserved food for the road. Pluck some fruit off the tree, eat it and regain a bunch of food/water, they grow back soon enough. And as others have said, the cuttings/seeds are good for planting with the growboxes/planters.

The Leviathans are the only source of real danger in the game, and honestly, you can avoid them most of the time by being aware of their habitats(they don't normally stray out of their designated areas) and being cautious. And the AI is nice enough to warn you when one is nearby.

OTOH, the endgame does have some padding I wasn't fond of where you need to go collect a couple of rare objects to finish the storyline and get off the planet(aside from effort spent building the escape rocket).

Finally earned my Platinum trophy for Dark Souls III (clocking in at just under 200 hours). Also finished the Story mode in For Honour (I don't have much interest in getting into the multiplayer).

So, just started the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney trilogy to fill the gap. Didn't think I'd enjoy it, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Working my way through the AC Odyssey Fate of Atlantis DLC(Well, Episode 1 which out out now). It's interesting so far and I'm intrigued where they're going with this. Too bad we probably won't know until summer when the entire thing is out. My thoughts in a lot more detail are in the Odyssey Thread, which I'm gonna keep updating periodically until the DLC are completely out.

Giving Persona 4 a go after it's been sitting in my backlog for a few years, along with like a dozen other jrpgs.

My second Persona after 3 Portable, which I found ok. Certainly not bad, but not wow either. 4's a bit of slow starter, but things have started opening up a little. Story hook is keeping me invested. Characters are fine so far. Not too anime trope-y. Liking the music and visuals. Here's to hoping for a good mix between style and substance. Good start. Anyway, I know these are long games, so it should keep me busy for a while.

Replaying the Assassin's Creed 3 Tyranny of King Washington DLC, so I can be done with the AC3 remaster for good. It's as good as I remember it, considering it's pretty cray-cray even for the AC series. I'd forgotten it's really linear, for the most part, which might be for the best considering it more or less uses the same maps as the base game(except for New York, which now has a giant golden pyramid in the center of manhattan), there's not much to do in the open world and there's guards EVERYWHERE, they all travel in packs, almost all of them are elites, and they pretty much agro on you if they see you.

It's also fairly short, about 5-6 hours over 3 episodes, has crazy Native American Superpowers(because drinking special magic tea), King Washington has a apple/sceptor which allows him to shoot energy beams at people when he can't control their minds and Ben Franklin is evil for part of it. All in all a good time.

Once I'm done I'm moving onto something else until Fate of Atlantis Episode 2 drops in like 5 weeks.

I recently finished What Remains of Edith Finch - I'm still unsure whether the Walking Simulator genre marks gaming's renaissance as a legitimate artform or if it's the most pretentious thing ever, but for what it's worth I enjoyed Edith Finches short, bittersweet, gentle rollercoaster of a ride. This is the game the much shallower, but more pretentious, Gone Home wishes it was.

Following that I decided to pick something completely different out of my big unplayed back catalogue and ended up choosing Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. My last DR2 playthrough was almost two years ago but even so Off The Record feels very much like a welcome return to familiar territory with a few additions and alterations. I'm only about one in-game deep so far but enjoying the catharsis.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . . . 37 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here