What games are you playing?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . . . 37 NEXT

Started playing 2064: Read Only Memories. A throwback adventure games to the early 90's as far as the interface and graphics are concerned but has a lot of voice acting. I'm not that far into it but it seems to be an interesting cyberpunk mystery story.

Been neck deep into Sekiro and Path of Exile (they finally released the ps4 port woo~)and I dunno if one influenced the other but usually I play the big two hander class in those kinds of rpgs but I went for the shadow which is kinda thief/ninja styled. I'll blame it on sekiro which I can never get tired of it seems. Most ninja-ish feeling game ever. Also it feels significantly EASIER than games like bloodborne to me, maybe due to being more about reflexes and muscle memory rather than pattern memorization. I just find it much easier to just-frame deflect 10 times in a row on reaction while sitting there than having to dodge a maelstorm of raining fuckery while managing a stamina gauge lol.

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II - tiptoeing through the campaign at the moment...
Horizon: Zero Dawn - dicking around with side-quests as per usual for a 3rd person action adventure game...
Assassin's Creed II - rose-tinted glasses time...(!)
Napoleon: Total War - screwing up a Prussian campaign, which is stupid given how it's normally a breeze for me...

got given Noohi to try for a bit. it's becoming a weird pattern that every time I mention aloud about not having any interest in a specific title, it gets lent to me like a week later, which am unfortunately too curious to turn down a free offer. example of an argument against free will perhaps? can a void be a slave to the whims of their innate curiosity leading to their inevitable downfall orchestrated by those who desire to manipulate it?

first impressions; seems ok, environments unexciting. so. much. loot. another Geralt?? at least he's Irish instead of Borish I 'spose. probably woke neighbour's baby up with the passionately expressed phrase "fucking bats!" sorry about that, Miss Neighbour (Mrs? never though to ask), they were really getting on my tits though. will continue research until the curiosity glands run dry

Noohi? ...what? Nioh! nevermind, it's staying

Finished 2064: Read Only Memories(it took like 7 hours, including a rather annoying endgame "boss" that's more like a protracted version of keep-away). Was pretty good and writing was better then I expected for a cyberpunk game. Not sure how much some of the choices really matter at the end though.

Started playing Expeditions: Conquistador, which is this little known(I'm assuming) RPG/Tactics game set during the Age of Exploration where you and your handpicked group sail to Mexico rather then Cortez(yes, that one) to explore and face the Aztecs. It's surprisingly not as bad as I suspected, since you have leeway to be a bit less douchy then the Spanish were known to be if you want, with acknowledgement of racism, slavery and oppression of the native people. That and the interesting choice of having women having much larger roles then they had in real life, such as female soldiers being a known and accepted thing in the Spanish Military in this timeline(roughly half of your recruitable team are female). Though since it's already stated to be alternate history, sure, why not?

The characters and interactions seem to be well written and interesting, especially the occasional side stories with your followers. Combat is a bit janky at times though.

Finished Red Dead Redemption 2. God, that was a long game - spent about a month on it. I think I appreciated it more than I enjoyed it, if that makes any sense. The characters were fun, the environments were gorgeous, and the story was enjoyable, but god, I wish it was half as long. My main issue with the game was just how Rockstar-restrictive it was.

Do this. Do ONLY this. You did literally anything else? Mission failed. Try again.

Not to mention just how tiresome the game was, travelling from mission objective to mission objective. I swear, a good portion of my time with the game was me just holding X on my controller, whilst browsing Twitter and Reddit.

The game was a blast when it wanted to be, but an absolute chore every other moment.

Arthur Morgan is a great protagonist, though.

--

I also finished 2010's Singularity. For those that aren't aware of the game, its an FPS where you fight normal soldiers and mutants, but you are stuck on an abandoned Soviet-era island, that keeps on flickering the abandoned 2010 version, and the just-about-to-be-destroyed 1955 version. You also have a device on your wrist that can slow down time, pick up objects like a gravity gun, and age and de-age an object - so if you age a metal crate, it will rust and crumple, and if you de-age it, it will be restored to pristine condition.

Sounds great, but I really wish that they did more with it. The 1955 sections are scripted, and the aging/de-aging/gravity gun purposes are limited because the environment does't have all that many objects to interact with. So aside from a few puzzles, or the occasional exploding barrel or piece of cover, it mostly plays like a competent 2010 shooter with a few sci-fi elements.

I would really like to see a sequel or spiritual successor, but as it stands, Singularity is a short, decent experience.

--

I also decided to play a game called GRIS.

Now, I should really dislike everything about this game. Its and artsy indie-platformer, but for some reason, I was just enamoured by it. The game is GORGEOUS. Seriously, just google it. This game is so full of passion and pride for the end product, that it is basically leaking. As far as platformers go, its relatively simple, and only 3 hours long, but if you just want to look at some amazing art for 3 hours, I cannot recommend it enough.

--

Now, I'm finishing the last two episodes of Telltale's The Walking Dead Final Season. Im glad this game got concluded, because it would have been devastating to have seen it end abruptly, on a cliff-hanger of all things. Curious to see that this game barely got any press, though, because with Season 1 people were raving about this game from the rooftops. The only thing that I heard about The Final Season was when Telltale shut down.

I think this is some of the best content that Telltale have put out in a while, and I am interested to see how this ends.

Finished Mirror's Edge Catalyst 100%. Now I'm replaying Uncharted 1 on Crushing, which isn't *that* hard if you play conservatively (and fuck it, glitch through the blue room). I got a hankering for it after seeing Nolan North and Troy Baker start their own playthrough on their channel. I always come back to these games and even though I've never been the biggest fan of the series I revere them with some nostalgia. The characters really grew on me over the years. And even on PS3 the 1st one holds up.

Laggyteabag:

I also finished 2010's Singularity. For those that aren't aware of the game, its an FPS where you fight normal soldiers and mutants, but you are stuck on an abandoned Soviet-era island, that keeps on flickering the abandoned 2010 version, and the just-about-to-be-destroyed 1955 version. You also have a device on your wrist that can slow down time, pick up objects like a gravity gun, and age and de-age an object - so if you age a metal crate, it will rust and crumple, and if you de-age it, it will be restored to pristine condition.

Sounds great, but I really wish that they did more with it. The 1955 sections are scripted, and the aging/de-aging/gravity gun purposes are limited because the environment does't have all that many objects to interact with. So aside from a few puzzles, or the occasional exploding barrel or piece of cover, it mostly plays like a competent 2010 shooter with a few sci-fi elements.

I would really like to see a sequel or spiritual successor, but as it stands, Singularity is a short, decent experience.

--

I also decided to play a game called GRIS.

Now, I should really dislike everything about this game. Its and artsy indie-platformer, but for some reason, I was just enamoured by it. The game is GORGEOUS. Seriously, just google it. This game is so full of passion and pride for the end product, that it is basically leaking. As far as platformers go, its relatively simple, and only 3 hours long, but if you just want to look at some amazing art for 3 hours, I cannot recommend it enough.

Singularity I played once when it came out and I haven't felt any urge to replay it. It was a cool concept hobbled by failing to really do much with it. Even Darkest of Days tried harder and Darkest of Days wasn't particularly good either.

Rather liked GRIS. Platforming was sufficiently interesting and I liked the metriodvania-equse way you explore new parts of the world as you unlock new colors and abilities. Also, it was gorgeous. At 3 hours it was kinda the perfect length for what it was trying to do.

I purchased and have started My Time at Portia. I wanted something nice and relaxing like Stardew Valley. Also, I'm seeing how far I make it before visiting the wiki to figure something out. That's already frustrating because whole days are passing while I'm trying to do just 1 or 2 tasks. It will get better as I figure out where things are, but unlike SV I can't imagine having enough time in the day to get a lot done. I like that its not a farm like SV. Your crafting workshop is basically your day to day job, but at the moment I'm wondering how I'll even get a start on the "social" aspect when it is basically taking me 2 whole days to finish a job (one day to gather the materials needed to build whatever I'm tasked to, then a second to build and deliver it and run back to town to get my next job. There's also another frustration, the interface and controls. The menus, control, movement, button layout... all could have used another 6 months or so to improve before release. It is still very unpolished, case in point... the audio. The default audio isn't ideal. The character voices weren't balanced or recorded very well, so some characters can't be heard over the BGM while others are far too loud if you crank the voice volume. And no offense to any voice actors, but I didn't like any of the character voices available to chose for the player character. The game's music is nice, pretty much the peaceful and serene BGM such a game needs. But all other aspect of the sound from mixing to voice acting needs to be redone. Overall, I like the game so far. It just needs lots of improvements. Its basically Chibi fortnight -multiplayer shooting +Stardew Valley. And I've heard worse ideas for games.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold (Wii)- It's a fun brawler. I didn't pick it up at the time, because of the $40 price point. For game that is 4 hours long, it should have been $20-$25. That said, the hand animation and presentation is an A+. The game is really the Saturday morning cartoon in game form. The Wiimote and Nunchuck do work, but I think they should have the options for the classic controller or GC controller. Thankfully, the motion controls are kept to simple gestures and buttons.

I see a lot design similarities that would be used by Way Forward in their next brawler, Double Dragon Neon. The 2D gameplay (DDN is a belt scroller), simple platforming, a light & heavy attack, a dodge roll, air juggling, and the two player co-op. DDN lacks a block button unlike B&tB.

Sonic Colors (DS) - Still early in the game, but I find this more fun than the Wii version. The Wii's problem was not enough speed, over reliance on Wisps, and too much slow paced platforming. Colors DS is basically Sonic Rush 3 with colors powers, but they enhanced the speed, instead of making it mandatory. Plus, Colors DS has other Sonic characters show up, instead of it just being Sonic and Tails throughout the whole game.

Johnny Novgorod:
Finished Mirror's Edge Catalyst 100%. Now I'm replaying Uncharted 1 on Crushing, which isn't *that* hard if you play conservatively (and fuck it, glitch through the blue room). I got a hankering for it after seeing Nolan North and Troy Baker start their own playthrough on their channel. I always come back to these games and even though I've never been the biggest fan of the series I revere them with some nostalgia. The characters really grew on me over the years. And even on PS3 the 1st one holds up.

I would disagree with you. I have just played through Uncharted 1 (on normal) and I don't think it has aged very well at all. Don't get me wrong, the story is good, the climbing is fun and the zombie Spanish are quite possibly the best part of the game due to the frantic panicked game game play they bought out of me. But there are bits that grate on my nerves. Like the wave based enemies where you can think you have cleared an area only for another group to arrive and after you've beaten them, maybe another. That got old very quickly. The jet ski bits are terrible, the jet ski handles like crap and you can't shoot and move at the same time. You have to move slowly and then stop and shoot. It was probably meant to be exciting but ended up being a chore. And they make you do this twice. And the final level can go eat a shitty dick. Trying to fight through the level with disintegrating cover and the boss one shooting you with his sniper rifle is not fun. The final boss on his own is not hard though. I would say this is the worst of the bunch even if I did have some fun with it.

Oh and can I quickly mention Elena. Now Nathan Drake gets a lot of flack for being a mass murdering psycho. She is worse, when we are introduced to Elena, she is a mild mannered reporter. A minute later and she is, without hesitation, capping motherfuckers like a 90's rapper. Maybe this bloodlust is why her and Drake are such a perfect match. But it is a bit jarring to see her switch like that. In Nate it is understandable with him and his shady past and he has probably had to deal with situations like that before. But I doubt she has.

Anyway, currently playing Uncharted 2 and Breath of The Wild.

Catfood220:

Johnny Novgorod:

I would disagree with you. I have just played through Uncharted 1 (on normal) and I don't think it has aged very well at all. Don't get me wrong, the story is good, the climbing is fun and the zombie Spanish are quite possibly the best part of the game due to the frantic panicked game game play they bought out of me. But there are bits that grate on my nerves. Like the wave based enemies where you can think you have cleared an area only for another group to arrive and after you've beaten them, maybe another. That got old very quickly. The jet ski bits are terrible, the jet ski handles like crap and you can't shoot and move at the same time. You have to move slowly and then stop and shoot. It was probably meant to be exciting but ended up being a chore. And they make you do this twice. And the final level can go eat a shitty dick. Trying to fight through the level with disintegrating cover and the boss one shooting you with his sniper rifle is not fun. The final boss on his own is not hard though. I would say this is the worst of the bunch even if I did have some fun with it.

Oh and can I quickly mention Elena. Now Nathan Drake gets a lot of flack for being a mass murdering psycho. She is worse, when we are introduced to Elena, she is a mild mannered reporter. A minute later and she is, without hesitation, capping motherfuckers like a 90's rapper. Maybe this bloodlust is why her and Drake are such a perfect match. But it is a bit jarring to see her switch like that. In Nate it is understandable with him and his shady past and he has probably had to deal with situations like that before. But I doubt she has.

Anyway, currently playing Uncharted 2 and Breath of The Wild.

Agreed on some counts.
The only two times that the game pulls the admittedly dick move of spawning a new wave of enemies coming from *your* end of the map are the plane-wrecked fight and the customs house fight (maybe there're more but it only bothered me those two times). The jet ski part I don't think is any duller than any turret section in general, although Crushing made it frustrating for me for the first time ever. I didn't have a problem with the final boss - I only died twice on Crushing, because of how the container cutscene leaves you hanging in front of enemies. Everything else I did in one go.
A couple more annoyances: vine platforming is finicky as fuck, and enemies tend to "notice" you even when behind cover, during stealth.

Catfood220:

I blame Yahtzee. Before his review, no one said a damn thing. Then all of sudden, he calls Drake a callous mass murderer and next thing you know, people wanna voice their "opinions". I says this, and I wasn't even into Uncharted (did not have a PS3).

Catfood220:
I have just played through Uncharted 1 (on normal) and I don't think it has aged very well at all.

I played Uncharted on release day and it wasn't good then, it was just a tech demo pretty much, the gameplay was rather shit even at the time. The Uncharted 2 demo had to actually sell me on the game because of the bad taste the 1st one left. UC2 and Lost Legacy are the only good games in the series IMO.

CoCage:
I blame Yahtzee. Before his review, no one said a damn thing. Then all of sudden, he calls Drake a callous mass murderer and next thing you know, people wanna voice their "opinions". I says this, and I wasn't even into Uncharted (did not have a PS3).

I don't really get the "ludonarrative dissonance" trend we had as 99% of people don't even know what that term means (as Bioshock 1 was the originating offender) and Uncharted doesn't even fit the definition. Anyway, with Uncharted, it's no different than any action hero movie where the action hero is mainly killing due to being put into several conveniently entertaining "defending themselves" positions, it's just that shooting is the gameplay of a lot of games and you're going to have a higher kill count than even John Wick when the core gameplay is any kind of combat really.

CoCage:

Catfood220:

In UC1, I found Drake to be somewhat of a obnoxious Jerk, and he got better over the next 3 games. Though a much better criticism is just how much priceless ancient ruins he's demolished in his travels.

There's a LPer/Gaming Sinner called Dartigan who put it "Nathan Drake. The worst thing to happen to Archaeology since ISIS"

Farcry 5. While I prefer the mission/sidequest structure overall compared to 3(there's less nonsense which locks you into specific areas and whatnot, there's actual NPCs and premises to side missions) - it feels so goddamn janky compared to 3. Though it's been ages since I played 3.

Dalisclock:
In UC1, I found Drake to be somewhat of a obnoxious Jerk, and he got better over the next 3 games. Though a much better criticism is just how much priceless ancient ruins he's demolished in his travels.

There's a LPer/Gaming Sinner called Dartigan who put it "Nathan Drake. The worst thing to happen to Archaeology since ISIS"

The franchise is firmly rooted in the romanticized Western idea of 'strange foreign cultures (not American) hiding mystical secrets and treasures'. Uncharted 4 goes whole-hog with this in two specific sequences, and it's not so much uncomfortable as it's just a little childish.

Still playing Persona 4.

It's a pretty long ass game, after all. Had a good time tho, and I'm close to the end. Got my social links all maxed out cept Judgment, all that's left is to beat the final boss and I should be set to get the true ending. I'll be honest, I used a spoiler-free guide to min-max. I like getting the best outcome and while I like the game, it's too long for me to want to play through it multiple times to figure out to get the best ending by myself. So, no shame whatsoever.

One gripe I have now tho? The music. Now, I like the soundtrack, but stuff gets reused a lot and starts to get old near the end. The dungeons have it worst tho, because their themes start over after every battle, so you'll be hearing the first minute or so over and over. They're nice tunes. Not that good tho.

Dalisclock:

CoCage:

Catfood220:

I am aware of Dartigan, but I prefer GCN.

Casual Shinji:
[quote="Dalisclock" post="9.1023756.24303804"]In UC1, I found Drake to be somewhat of a obnoxious Jerk, and he got better over the next 3 games. Though a much better criticism is just how much priceless ancient ruins he's demolished in his travels.

The franchise is firmly rooted in the romanticized Western idea of 'strange foreign cultures (not American) hiding mystical secrets and treasures'. Uncharted 4 goes whole-hog with this in two specific sequences, and it's not so much uncomfortable as it's just a little childish.[/quote

The old Tomb Raider games suffer from the romanticized Western idea as well.

Neurotic Void Melody:
got given Noohi to try for a bit. it's becoming a weird pattern that every time I mention aloud about not having any interest in a specific title, it gets lent to me like a week later, which am unfortunately too curious to turn down a free offer. example of an argument against free will perhaps? can a void be a slave to the whims of their innate curiosity leading to their inevitable downfall orchestrated by those who desire to manipulate it?

first impressions; seems ok, environments unexciting. so. much. loot. another Geralt?? at least he's Irish instead of Borish I 'spose. probably woke neighbour's baby up with the passionately expressed phrase "fucking bats!" sorry about that, Miss Neighbour (Mrs? never though to ask), they were really getting on my tits though. will continue research until the curiosity glands run dry

Noohi? ...what? Nioh! nevermind, it's staying

Nioh's combat is soooo good though. I find that game infinitely replayable. I got that game since release and still can't put it down. There is just so much variation in weapons and playstyles and the combat is just so immensely satisfying. The DLC is amazing as well. I agree the game has excessive loot but just make it a habit to sell off any redundancy or turn it into materials at the smith after every mission. The weapons themselves are all amazing though and so is the armor that all have neat little descriptions about their historic origin.

Anyways currently playing A Plague's Tale. Really atmospheric game that takes place in plague infested France as you're on the run for demonic rats and the Inquisition. Relief to play a game with no filler or busywork though it does show it's mid-tier budget in places. Combat is a bit wonky and while graphics are beautiful they appear a bit less dynamic than high-budget titles, particularly in some of the animations. Still, I'm glad there are still unique experiences like this.

I never got the "shock" behind killing enemies in Uncharted. I kill stuff in just about everything I play. 90% of gaming is about killing.

Johnny Novgorod:
I never got the "shock" behind killing enemies in Uncharted. I kill stuff in just about everything I play. 90% of gaming is about killing.

Context.

Nearly done with FF12. Been sitting on the final stage of the story for awhile now but doing all the extra content first instead. I probably have another 5-10 hours left of side quests and hunts to do. I imagine prepping for the super bosses will be a big chunk of that time. It's a great game.

I picked up FF7 on the switch too since it has been a long time since I last played it and I am going on a trip pretty soon. Only played about an hour so far but it seems to run pretty well on it.

Fappy:
Nearly done with FF12. Been sitting on the final stage of the story for awhile now but doing all the extra content first instead. I probably have another 5-10 hours left of side quests and hunts to do. I imagine prepping for the super bosses will be a big chunk of that time. It's a great game.

I picked up FF7 on the switch too since it has been a long time since I last played it and I am going on a trip pretty soon. Only played about an hour so far but it seems to run pretty well on it.

I too am playing on the switch. But I'm using the cheatcodes and that's made it fun and interesting to play again. I have played it sooooooo many times normally, I feel like I've earned these cheats.

CritialGaming:

Fappy:

I too am playing on the switch. But I'm using the cheatcodes and that's made it fun and interesting to play again. I have played it sooooooo many times normally, I feel like I've earned these cheats.

I think I have only beaten it twice ever? Maybe three times? I can't remember. Last time I beat it was probably like 8 years ago though, so no cheats for me. The only thing I ever really use in these FF remasters is the fast-forward function for exploration/some battles. If I've played the game before I don't lose much by zipping around twice as fast.

I intend to play X and X-2 on Switch too since I never actually played those. IX is my personal favorite but I heard the Switch version is based on the crappy mobile port, so if I want to replay it anytime soon I may get it on PC and mod it. Apparently there are some mods out there that make the PC version definitive (fixes some of the port bugs that were never fixed + better hi-rez backgrounds that use AI driven editing to enhance the original background files).

If I still feel like playing FF after all that I may finally get around to VI or replay VIII for the first time in 15+ years.

Just been on an FF kick lately I guess. Been ignoring the franchise in favor of other RPGs for a loooong time.

CaitSeith:

Johnny Novgorod:

Context.

I'm racing psychos who want to take over the world, what more do you need? Every game even makes it a point of showing their armies of mercenaries trying to kill Drake & pals first. Whenever civilians are involved it's either fisticuffs or tranq guns.

Finished Expeditions: Conquistador. Ended up rather enjoying it overall. The writing was mostly well done and I appreciated how the choices you made through dialogue allowed you to avoid or alter how battles played out.

I only have a few notable gripes. One was how the AI seemingly has only one setting and that's to always try to rush you, even in missions where it makes more sense for them to defend using fortifications(near the end there are a few missions where you must clear all enemies from the map in a certain number of turns and the enemy has barricades and traps set up in your path, which ends up being easier then it could have been because they'll almost immediately rush you and leave their defenses behind). In almost every battle, finding choke points and letting the enemy come to you is the best option, since most of the time they outnumber you.

My other gripe is that the endings are mostly based off how much money you had at the end and how complete your final victory is. Almost nothing else you accomplished matters at all. I finished the game having discovered(and plundered) El Dorado, finding a no shit gate to the Mayan Underworld(guarded by an actual god, no less), found the fucking fountain of youth, set up a strong fortress and port to stage further expeditions from, found the remains of the previous spanish expedition, suppress a rebellion on hispaniola before even making it to mexico, took down the Aztec Empire(and handed control over to the more friendly and less asshole Totonac natives) and guaranteed a friendly and strong pro-spanish ally and trading partner in central mexico. But upon arriving back in Spain at the end, I was told I didn't accomplish much of note and the king was disappointed in me. Because I didn't bring that asshole back a ton of loot and didn't betray my native allies in order to asset total Spanish Dominance of the region(which the game kept strongly hinting was an option) because I was trying to keep my atrocities to a minimum, unlike in real life.

Anyway, I started replaying AC4 Black Flag for the first time in like 5 years and it's as good as I remember. The wierd thing is that it probably has almost as much tutorial time as AC3 did(the first several hours of the game teaching you how to do everything of note before really setting you loose in the sandbox) but it flows a hell of a lot better then AC3 did.

Unfortunatly, the tailing missions are still annoying and far too frequent to just ignore. What's worse is that the tailing missions in a ship don't even make sense, because you can avoid being spotted at ranges where you can clearly see the other ships with no issue and the ships somehow automatically know who you are during said missions(especially when you go into a restricted area near a fort) despite the fact the type of ship you're sailing is as common as dirt in the Caribbean. The rules of being detected just seems so damn arbitrary when sailing.

Johnny Novgorod:

Same for UC1. It was the first game that really "wowed" me visually on PS3, and it still has one of my favorite levels (Seaside Fort and the Sanctuary) and puzzles (water wheels with the Roman numerals). Yeah it's flawed mechanically and the waves of enemies here and there, but personally there is a charm to it that few other games will ever have.

On topic, got back into The Witcher 3 after a couple breaks. Just so happens to be fours years on the week it released too, so kinda fitting. I was looking forward to it for so long and even planned my new PC build around it. Then other games in my backlog got in the way. Time to put whatever's left of them on hold. I'll also chalk my main gripe of yet again re-leveling Geralt up to a mix of recurring combat amnesia (which he's actually had some form of in the story) and everything in the third game simply being more advanced to where Geralt's base level is far beyond his base level in the first or second games (which according to how skills and abilities are presented could also be the case), even though it still seems like he's starting "from scratch". In terms of design, each game ultimately has its own physical gameplay limitations which Geralt is bound to anyways, so he's "learning" within that scope as well.

Picked up Starlink (the ubisoft sort of Star Fox game) since the complete edition (with all the toy based DLC unlocked) was pretty deep on sale. Definitely a bit of a slow starter so far. And the weapon swapping is kind of laborious, though nothing so far has really recovered changing loadout midcombat, usually the enemies with the same weaknesses come all in a bunch.

Also took Dauntless out for a spin. Still undecided on that one. Its definitely leaning more traditionally arcadey actiony then its Monster Hunter influence. Not sure how obtrusive the free-to-play elements in it are either. There is quite definitely a spot on hunt rewards for the Elite Hunter Pass or whatever to give bonus rewards, so its obviously not cosmetic only.

I'm very very sick so I'm backed into my comfort zone staying in bed and playing Resident Evil 4 HD on PS4. It's still a lot of fun and a great distraction.

Johnny Novgorod:
I'm very very sick so I'm backed into my comfort zone staying in bed and playing Resident Evil 4 HD on PS4. It's still a lot of fun and a great distraction.

I have the PS4 version, but have not started it yet. It's already installed, but that's it. I got the Wii version for free this evening with the disc, case, and manual all in clean condition. I might pop in the Wii version first, as I have never played that version before.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - I am halfway through the game. The combat is decent, but the platforming is restrictive and too easy. The game won't let you jump in any direction that is not designated. The platforming is better in DmC by comparison. Also, whose ever idea was it to have Monkey (the player character) die, because you made Trip salty by moving to far from her; needs to be shot. Ninja Theory, you made these gorgeous environments and vistas, let me fucking explore them or backtrack. This was a trend that needed to die, where game constantly nags to railroad you in the next part of the story. It still happens some of the time in this generation. With that said, the story is looking better than DmC or Heavenly Sword. I can't speak for Hellblade yet, but it's story is great just by seeing the first 30 minutes online.

I've gone back to old school, as in games I have obtained off of gog.com. Playing a bit of Master of Magic, a bit of Colonization, the original Bard's Tale trilogy and the original Diablo.

Just finished up FF7 on the switch. Beat Emerald Weapon way more thoroughly than I did last time I played as a kid, haha.

Not sure what to tackle next. Still in a JRPG mood, so I may replay FF9 or an SMT/Persona game. I am considering FFX and X-2 since I have never played them.

Currently playing through Shadow Hearts: Covenant.
I wasn't enjoying it as much as the first initially, especially with some of the early dungeons being really boring, but since reaching Wales the game is feeling much better. I really like how each character has their own unique combat style, while also allowing magic spells to be equipped on anyone so everyone feels equally usable.

Recently finished & platinumed Spiderman (PS4) and the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney trilogy.

Also went back to complete a bunch of old NES games I hadn't played before: Zelda II and Kirby's Adventure. Goddamn, Zelda II is obtuse and difficult. Would've lost my mind without a walkthrough.

Kirby's Adventure was a delight though.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . . . 37 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or