What games are you playing?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

CritialGaming:
Trying to finish Fire Emblem 3 Houses, but I am not having fun.

I heard a saying a long time ago: Life is too short to finish games one doesn't enjoy. Unless one is a reviewer, a critic, a Youtuber or a pro-player of some sort of capacity; wasting so much time playing like that is a disservice to oneself (at best it makes one appreciate more the games that one enjoy).

CaitSeith:

CritialGaming:

I heard a saying a long time ago: Life is too short to finish games one doesn't enjoy. Unless one is a reviewer, a critic, a Youtuber or a pro-player of some sort of capacity; wasting so much time playing like that is a disservice to oneself (at best it makes one appreciate more the games that one enjoy).

But not playing through a game you paid for is like burning your money. These days you can't just return shit anymore. I would have if I could though. So either I play through it, or I might as well have set fire to 60 dollars

CritialGaming:

CaitSeith:

CritialGaming:

But not playing through a game you paid for is like burning your money. These days you can't just return shit anymore. I would have if I could though. So either I play through it, or I might as well have set fire to 60 dollars

I can appreciate not wanting to lose out on the money you spent, but if you aren't enjoying it and keep playing to justify the money you spent, you're throwing away time you could be spending playing something you actually enjoy.

It kinda comes down to what's more valuable to you, your money or your time?

CaitSeith:

Lufia Erim:
Currently playing Zanki zero. It is a First person, dungeon crawling, action survival Jrpg.

It's pretty good, and i didn't even expect it to be if i'm being honest.

The themes are the game include , but are not limited to.

- Murder
- Suicide
- Child abuse
- Rape
- Incest
- Sexual abuse
- Adultery

And i'm only on chapter 5.

I throughly enjoyed Labyrinth of refrain last year, and this is definitely going to be my Runner up for GoTY this year ( After Sekiro).

I'm curious about a thing: how do the bladder mechanics work?

Okay so, like real life, overtime you need you use the bathroom. It's a little gauge that fills up. When you eat ( or drink) it also fills up. So the goal is, to go to the bathroom before soiling yourself.

If you do soil yourself, you character will be affected by a " Stench" debuff. Stench pretty much makes enemies more aware of your presence as well as cause stress to your party members. Stress is another debuff.

Using a dirty bathroom will also increase your stress.

It's pretty much there as a complement to the hunger ( stamina) gauge. To prevent you from simply making a whole bunch of food and eating whenever you get too hunger like in most survival games.

Dalisclock:

CritialGaming:

CaitSeith:

I can appreciate not wanting to lose out on the money you spent, but if you aren't enjoying it and keep playing to justify the money you spent, you're throwing away time you could be spending playing something you actually enjoy.

It kinda comes down to what's more valuable to you, your money or your time?

Well technically the money's already long gone, so there's really no point in losing out on both commodities. Though perhaps forcing oneself to play through something not fun would serve as punishment enough to be more prudent about future purchases.

I'm playing The World Ends With You: Final Remix for the Switch with the original soundtrack (I never played it before, so I wanted to hear the original music first). I didn't expect to require to use the touch-screen (or alternatively the Joy-con as motion controller, which is how I'm currently playing it). I gotta say, the music is really good (I could listen Calling all the day).

Just finished Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
Apparently they've patched the ending since the release. So the story proper ends quite abruptly and you're dropped off in the game's version of post-game fuckabouts, an epilogue called Shadow Wars in which you defend four fortresses over and over and over against increasingly high-level armies, requiring constant upgrading and recycling of your own army (via in-game currency) to keep up... and here enter microtransactions, since Mirian is hard to come by but easy to just pay real cash. Anyway, apparently Warner dropped off the whole scheme last year so now the Shadow Wars last 5 sieges instead of 20, and you can recycle loot for in-game currency. Overall still an anticlimactic ending to a game that felt like was only getting started towards the end, but good that they took down the microtransaction bullshit and re-did the grindy ending into something much more palatable.

Kill La Kill IF - I finished both story modes for Satsuki and Ryuko. Both campaigns equal a total of 2.5-3hours depending on skill level and difficulty settings. What sucks is if you don't care about story, you have to unlock other modes or characters by doing story mode. Luckily, the story modes are short and you can skip cut-scenes if you wish. I heard the online has really good connection, so I will try that out later. Write now, I am experimenting with different characters in the free battle, survival, and COVERS mode. They're nice bonuses when not going online. Two more characters are coming as free dlc. My favorites to use are Gamagori, Ryuko, and Satsuki.

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2 - I will add an edit later as I just got this.

I'm being weird... gone back to play Deus Ex: Human Revolution... again... -.-

Finished Wolfenstein Youngblood

I would say its a decent gameplay wise for being a budget spin off title. Not a whole lot of meat to it, and definitely some of the ideas thrown in work poorly (the armour system on enemies being a particular bit of note, as even if you switch to the correct guns to strip armour, only a handful seem to function properly). Also the sewer/underground sections are atrocious with the darkness mechanic that in no way applies to the enemies, and requires toggling a flashlight (which is only present on two weapons that I could tell, both of which fail to work on armour properly as that goes).

Speaking of co-op games, I got my co-op buddy to pick up Outward. And that game definitely rounds out some of its rougher edges played as such. Definitely playable solo, but some of the experience goes smoother with two hands on deck. Amusingly my buddy also ran into the consequences of choice pretty severely, as he brushed off a quest to go buy magic in another town, and returned to find the whole town burned down by the bandit warlord he'd ignored dealing with, including his house in that town and stash of goods.

Playing the HD remaster/remake of Resident Evil on PS4. I miss the cheesiness of the original game. This one's the better game obviously (looks gorgeous too) but I don't know, what even is the point of RE if it's not campy. The clash between dead-serious plot, utilitarian dialogue and dense-as-fuck characters is not a good look.

I recently got an emulator and loaded up Dungeons and Dragons - Warriors of the Eternal Sun from (1992) the Sega Mega drive days. Played it right the way through ... was and still is a great game ...
https://megadrive-emulator.com/rpg/dungeons-and-dragons-warriors-of-the-eternal-sun

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here