What games are you playing?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 . . . 54 NEXT

stroopwafel:

Surprisingly though these 2D indie games scratch the Souls itch better for me than say Code Vein or The Surge. Which I didn't like, at all.

I know it's not a Souls game, but Hollow Knight felt like it kind of hit that same feeling as far as world, tone and lore was concerned.

I haven't tried the Surge, Code Vein or Nioh, mostly because I still haven't finished all of the Souls games(I got a little into Demons and just stopped and have yet to even start Dark Souls 3). Though I heard the Surge wasn't great and apparently niether was Nioh.

Dalisclock:

stroopwafel:

Surprisingly though these 2D indie games scratch the Souls itch better for me than say Code Vein or The Surge. Which I didn't like, at all.

I know it's not a Souls game, but Hollow Knight felt like it kind of hit that same feeling as far as world, tone and lore was concerned.

I haven't tried the Surge, Code Vein or Nioh, mostly because I still haven't finished all of the Souls games(I got a little into Demons and just stopped and have yet to even start Dark Souls 3). Though I heard the Surge wasn't great and apparently niether was Nioh.

Nioh has without a doubt the best combat of any game I ever played. It's simply divine. Nioh can't really match the worldview, art direction and atmosphere of a Fromsoftware game(but let's be honest, which developer can) but it compensates with immaculate combat and incredible depth of gameplay systems. The way weapons feel in the game is just incredible. Nioh is a strange game that the more I played it the more I loved it. Now probably in my top 3 games this gen.

Super hyped for Nioh 2 in march already have it pre-ordered. xD I believe Nioh 1 is PS+ game in november.

I've been playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses and I'm pretty hooked. I never would've spared this game a glance, because a) it's part of a long running franchise I'm completely unfamiliar with, b) it's a turn-based strategy game, which I'm not really that into, and c) it's anime artstyle, and this is always a major red flag for me.

But the amount of praise I've seen from certain people whose opinion I value somewhat eventually made me take the plunge, and lo and behold the game is actually really fucking good. I love the combat, I love the socializing, and despite the anime visuals there has been zero creeping on girls yet, and I'm a good 24 hours into it.

Casual Shinji:
I've been playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses and I'm pretty hooked. I never would've spared this game a glance, because a) it's part of a long running franchise I'm completely unfamiliar with, b) it's a turn-based strategy game, which I'm not really that into, and c) it's anime artstyle, and this is always a major red flag for me.

But the amount of praise I've seen from certain people whose opinion I value somewhat eventually made me take the plunge, and lo and behold the game is actually really fucking good. I love the combat, I love the socializing, and despite the anime visuals there has been zero creeping on girls yet, and I'm a good 24 hours into it.

Never judge a book by its cover. I know you're wary of certain genres of anime and art styles, but it never hurts to try. I am not a Fire Emblem fan, but they usually don't go crazy with the fan service. There are some exception, but the women are in there 20s/30s.

Been playing Evil Within 2 on Nightmare New Game+. Still an awesome game. I hope 3 gets announced next year.

Started playing Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Too early to comment yet.

Elfgore:

SckizoBoy:
Total War: Warhammer II at long f***ing last... surprised my craptop can even handle it... -.-

Yay for steam sales...

Enjoy it, Sckizo! It's one hell of a game!

Indeed. Basically won the campaign as Tyrion, tearing my hair out trying to get Khalida going and having an easy time slapping Greenskins with Thorgrim.

Sweet times ahead.

I've been playing the alpha of GTFO (A co-op survival horror game made by an ex-Payday dev that formed his own company)that the with friends this weekend. It's a glorified network test as the moment, but what it's showing at the moment is very interesting.

Initially, you're given an overall goal (finding a location, in this case), but its up to the players to find their way there. There's no direction markers or anything like that, its up to the players to find out where they need to go and how to get there. It's also a very deliberate game. If you go charging into a room blindly, you're going to agro a lot of enemies and you can be downed very easily. Thankfully most of the enemies spawn in a sleeping state, so as long as you don't make too much noise or move close to them while they're stirring or shine a light in their faces you can stealth kill most enemies without too much hassle.

Nioh 2 beta. Holy crap, incredible. It's more Nioh but already the beta seems to address the original's criticisms as the stage looked more interesting and the yokai were also way cooler with some really cool monster designs rather than just creatures that looked like they escaped a Chinese restaurant. Love the yokai abilities but I already see this becoming way OP like living weapon and sloth was in Nioh 1. So yeah, I already noticed they appeared to have put more effort into stage design; the enemies are way cooler and more varied and the combat is still god-tier. Game releases in march and can't wait to play the full release.

Minit
8bit , monochrome(b&w) zelda-like(?) adventure game. You start in a house with a dog. You walk outside, see a stream, a small bridge, seashore, some crabs... ow! the crabs bite, better move on. What's that? A sword? You pick up sword, and... That's weird, a time counter appears on the HUD? Hm, never mind, you can now show those crabs! Take that, you sea rodents! Uh oh, what's that, the counter's getting starts counting down menacingly. It reaches 0 and... you're dead. [Press X to start again].
Back to life? I guess it's a roguel- no, you still got the sword on you, and the counter's still on. Bad feelings about this. You go to the place where you found the sword. Hey there's a dude there? He tells you that the sword is cursed. Figures. He also tells you that you need to find a factory?... Never mind, timer doesn't stop. You're dead again. [Press X].
Okay, no time to loose. Get out of house. Where's factory? Go east. Some bushes. Cut them. Tunnel north? An item! Watering can? What's the use? Nevermind. No time. Go back. Reach house before... DEAD. Press X. Alive. Sword on. Go outside. Watering can outside! Neat. Plant in garden. Water it. Okay? It grew a bit. Back to sword. Go west. Cut bushes. More folk! A bar! Barkeep gives quest! Kill crabs! Krabs kill. Time out. Dammit. Go back to bar. Kill cra- crab still dead? Huh. Ask barkeep. Quest complete! Give A COIN! Nice. Now what? Go further west. A lighthouse. Some NPC. Talk to him. T a l k s r e a l l y s l o w. Dammit. Outta time. Back in house. Frustration. Smash pot. COIN GET! More coin? Where? Outside. East. North. Tunnel? Dark. Snakes! Snake bites. Outta lives. Start at home again. Fine. Outside. East. North. Tunnel. Kill snakes. Surface. East. Angry bull! Try avoid. Pass through. A camper? Enter camper. NEW SAFEHOUSE UNLOCKED!
Finish now. Game simple. But fun. Worth a small coin.

Resident Evil 2 (2019)
More or less got it on a whim since it was 50% off at GMG and I had a coupon for an additional 10%. Currently playing through Leon A on hardcore difficulty and have reached the start of the underground lab. I'm having a good time with it.

I think it does a good job striking a balance between the gameplay of the post-RE4 action games, and that of the pre-RE4 survival horror era. Yes, you have modern over-the-should aiming, but enemies are tough and damaging enough, and ammo scarce enough, that killing everything in your path is impractical, if not unfeasible. Keeps things more challenging. Tho it sometimes got annoying how many headshot regulars zombos sometimes took. Like a dozen bullets to the cranium and fully half of said noggin gone? Nope, still getting back up. The game did pull a good one on me with the combat knife. I had downed a zombo, so I shank the crap out of it to save ammo in true RE4 fashion. Snap, knife broke. OK game, that shit won't fly, got it.

I also like the way Mr. X chases you around in the police station. Gave me some Alien Isolation vibes, tho ol' headchomper is still scarier than mister trenchcoat, but that might just be because of the mod that switches Mr. X music for DMX' X Gon Give It To Ya. Should probably remove that for Claire B.

Anyway, game looks good and runs quite well. Getting buttery smooth 60fps at near max settings, save for shadow and texture quality. Mostly mentioning that because the last PC version from Capcom I played, Monster Hunter World, wasn't that great performance-wise.

Hawki:
Started playing Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Too early to comment yet.

Hello old me, this is future (or present?) me telling you that you made a bad choice.

Okay, it's still early to comment, and granted, that I'm not liking Andromeda much might come down in part to all the negativity I heard about it way beforehand. But that aside, having reached the Nexus, I feel I can comment apart from saying "too early to comment."

So, on the gameplay front, having come off Gears 5, going to Andromeda's cover shooting is like going from a motorbike to a tricycle. One of those things is intuitive, fast, frantic, and a hell of a lot of fun to ride. The other is clunky, basic, and boring. The only thing I can really give Andromeda credit for in its combat is the jetpack stuff (which strikes me as being a precursor to Anthem in a way), but there's really little reason to use it. It's cool, but you're a sitting (hovering?) duck, whereas in cover, I can rely on shields and health to regenerate. But even if I hadn't come off Gears 5 (which again, is so much better in its gunplay it's like chalk to cheese), I doubt I'd like it much.

On the story front...I dunno. Something's off. Thing is, Andromeda is clearly trying to harken back to ME1, from its intro, to its scenario (replace Eden Prime with Habitat 7), to the Nexus being akin to the Citadel's first appearance. Maybe it's because Ryder is a newbie while Shepard is a veteran. Maybe it's the dialogue being much more quippy. Maybe the more open structure makes story pacing harder to keep up with. Maybe it's the fact that I've killed dozens of kett who were on this planet before me (even if they're not indigenous), and apart from some paltry words after the initial firefight, the characters are happy to keep shooting. Like, I've played through the first level and I've got a "wait, are we the bad guys?" feeling in the back of my head. Y'know, the geth were presented as this faceless evil on Eden Prime (and for much of ME1 as well), but at the very least, I had no illusions that the geth were dicks who impaled humans on spikes and turned them into space zombies, and were, y'know, robots. Andromeda makes lip service to moral ambiguity, then throws it out the window.

Again, early impressions, but least I've got a comment out of the way now.

Chimpzy:

I also like the way Mr. X chases you around in the police station. Gave me some Alien Isolation vibes, tho ol' headchomper is still scarier than mister trenchcoat, but that might just be because of the mod that switches Mr. X music for DMX' X Gon Give It To Ya. Should probably remove that for Claire B.

Even as someone who doesn't like Alien: Isolation much, I feel that Mr. X does the concept better. There's only so many times I can hide in a closet from the xeno before it gets boring, and by extension, loses the fear factor. In contrast, Mr. X not only keeps the fear factor, but feels a lot 'fairer.' As in, there's clear audio cues as to how close he is, and there's an in-universe reason as to why he's focusing on Claire/Leon. In contrast, with the xenomorph, everyone on Sevastapol decided to hold the idiot ball to let things get as far as they did, and with the xenomorph able to withstand even shotgun blasts...I know, Alien rather than Aliens, but there were many times in the game where I just went "screw it" and just used my shotgun and flamethrower to keep the creature at bay, whereas with Mr. X, while I died a lot, I never felt irritated by it.

Salty Souls(Salt and Sanctuary) is on hold for the moment. I got to the third lamb and have been beating my head against her for a while now. I decided to take a break and start My time at Portia, which feels like a relaxing change of pace so far. Definitely getting some Stardew Valley vibes but with a bigger budget(and more then one guy making it, no offense to stardew). I do get the gameplay loop, though I'm still in that early stage of still putting my workshop together so I actually can make a bunch of the stuff, but I need more tools to make the stuff.

I'm really tempted to play Disco Elysium or Outer Worlds too, but I'm gonna stick with this for a while.

Dalisclock:
Salty Souls(Salt and Sanctuary) is on hold for the moment. I got to the third lamb and have been beating my head against her for a while now. I decided to take a break and start My time at Portia, which feels like a relaxing change of pace so far. Definitely getting some Stardew Valley vibes but with a bigger budget(and more then one guy making it, no offense to stardew). I do get the gameplay loop, though I'm still in that early stage of still putting my workshop together so I actually can make a bunch of the stuff, but I need more tools to make the stuff.

I'm really tempted to play Disco Elysium or Outer Worlds too, but I'm gonna stick with this for a while.

I really enjoyed My Time at Portia... (wow, good game title choice) anyway; relaxing is a great word for it. It seemingly piles lots of tasks on you, and sometimes imposes deadlines you think you could never meet; only to see you completing those tasks in time and learning along the way how the game's systems work. It somehow figures out that mix between being relaxing, while being rewarding and making you feel good about how well you are doing in the game. I imagine a lot of people would suggest you make a beeline for either Disco Elysium or Outer Worlds, I can personally attest that Outer Worlds is fantastic. But if the delay is to go with My Time at Portia... Outer Worlds isn't going anywhere, it will be there when you get to it.

Kyrian007:

Dalisclock:

I really enjoyed My Time at Portia... (wow, good game title choice) anyway; relaxing is a great word for it. It seemingly piles lots of tasks on you, and sometimes imposes deadlines you think you could never meet; only to see you completing those tasks in time and learning along the way how the game's systems work. It somehow figures out that mix between being relaxing, while being rewarding and making you feel good about how well you are doing in the game. I imagine a lot of people would suggest you make a beeline for either Disco Elysium or Outer Worlds, I can personally attest that Outer Worlds is fantastic. But if the delay is to go with My Time at Portia... Outer Worlds isn't going anywhere, it will be there when you get to it.

Yeah, in this case I pretty much decided that either one would leave me feeling like I'm missing out(and I've got other stuff I need to deal with in life right now). My Time at Portia feels like a compromise of something with some but too much pressure and fairly relaxed in its pacing. Yeah, you can run out of time for commissions if you aren't careful(which seems like it can be mitigated by making sure you have the tools/materials available when you accept the commission) but like Stardew it feels like it's mostly do things at your own pace. By the time I'm either done or had my fill of it, I'll probably have a much better idea which game I want to jump into next.

Weird thinking I know but it feels like taking the third option.

Admittedly, I'm also kinda digging the whole Studio Ghibli aesthetic of Beautiful, peaceful little town juxtaposed against the post-apocalyptic ruins in the background. Kinda like something out of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind or Castle in the Sky.

Hawki:

Chimpzy:
snip

Even as someone who doesn't like Alien: Isolation much, I feel that Mr. X does the concept better. There's only so many times I can hide in a closet from the xeno before it gets boring, and by extension, loses the fear factor. In contrast, Mr. X not only keeps the fear factor, but feels a lot 'fairer.' As in, there's clear audio cues as to how close he is, and there's an in-universe reason as to why he's focusing on Claire/Leon. In contrast, with the xenomorph, everyone on Sevastapol decided to hold the idiot ball to let things get as far as they did, and with the xenomorph able to withstand even shotgun blasts...I know, Alien rather than Aliens, but there were many times in the game where I just went "screw it" and just used my shotgun and flamethrower to keep the creature at bay, whereas with Mr. X, while I died a lot, I never felt irritated by it.

I don't disagree. The Xeno and Mr. X follow the same basic concept, but there's important differences in how they function. For example, among other things, Mr. X doesn't teleport to you when you trigger an encounter with him. He's always somewhere on the map (except not rendered) and he actually needs to traverse it, using the same routes as the player. He's simply really fast and doesn't need to use doors while he's outside audible/visible range. As soon as he's in the room adjacent to yours, he drops to his regular speed and now has to follow all rules you do.

Point is, Mr. X does cheat, but he follows a set of behaviors that is clear and easy to intuit. He never just seemingly randomly shows up out of nowhere to instakill you when you open a door, even though you took every precaution. When he bodied me, it's cuz I had it coming, and I understood why I had it coming. Dying to him never felt unfair and frustrating the way dying to the Xeno could.

Im in a bit of a lul at the moment.

I recently played the Mortal Kombat 11 story, which was nothing but goofy fun (and im terrible at fighting games).

I also wrapped up The Last of Us, and then went on to complete Halo 2 Anniversary again, because my girlfriend wasn't enjoying it (despite enjoying CE), and then I decided to spend a couple of hours replaying ODST, because that game is now 10 years old and is also super duper short.

Now, I don't really know what to do with myself.

I tried getting into Deus Ex Human Revolution, but im feeling indifferent to it at the moment.

Im at a bit of a crossroads between completing something fairly short and linear, or wading into a game like Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Im also replaying Telltale's Batman Season 1 with my girlfriend - she really, really liked Tales from the Borderlands, and this is actually turning out to be better than I remember. Hopefully she sticks this one out.

Persona 5, tempered expectations after the disappointment of Nier a tomato, actually finding it a far better experience with characters...actual characters with motivations and personality, regardless of simplicity and otaku pandering alongside dull blank protagonist syndrome, means there's an emotional hook to stave away the paralysing apathy felt the last time. Female characters are still disappointing, bordering heavily on contradicting certain attempts at messages, but still an improvement I spose and was anticipating worse. Not bad so far though. Enjoying the time. Enough to keep going on, hopefully through to the credits. The soundtrack helps.

Finished God Hand. Moved on to Devil May Cry 5, and just picked up Death Stranding. Going to be working on those for a while, at least until Pokemon Sword comes out, but probably past that as well.

leet_x1337:
Finished God Hand. Moved on to Devil May Cry 5, and just picked up Death Stranding. Going to be working on those for a while, at least until Pokemon Sword comes out, but probably past that as well.

Enjoy DMC5, and glad to see another God Hand fan. Finally got S+ on all scenarios on Standard. Now for Hardcore. I'll be picking up Fallen Order next week.

Neurotic Void Melody:
Persona 5, tempered expectations after the disappointment of Nier a tomato, actually finding it a far better experience with characters...actual characters with motivations and personality, regardless of simplicity and otaku pandering alongside dull blank protagonist syndrome, means there's an emotional hook to stave away the paralysing apathy felt the last time. Female characters are still disappointing, bordering heavily on contradicting certain attempts at messages, but still an improvement I spose and was anticipating worse. Not bad so far though. Enjoying the time. Enough to keep going on, hopefully through to the credits. The soundtrack helps.

I disagree heavily with you on Nier: Automata. There is characterization. Maybe not to your tastesm but it is there. My main problem with Automata was gameplay wise. I still felt the combat could have been much better. When the combat in Transformers Devastation is better (Platinum's last game before Nier: A), you know something is not right. I stuck around for the multiple endings, though I did not do all of the side quest. What ones I did though help learn more about certain characters, or added more to them.

Chimpzy:

Hawki:

Chimpzy:
snip

I don't disagree. The Xeno and Mr. X follow the same basic concept, but there's important differences in how they function. For example, among other things, Mr. X doesn't teleport to you when you trigger an encounter with him. He's always somewhere on the map (except not rendered) and he actually needs to traverse it, using the same routes as the player. He's simply really fast and doesn't need to use doors while he's outside audible/visible range. As soon as he's in the room adjacent to yours, he drops to his regular speed and now has to follow all rules you do.

Point is, Mr. X does cheat, but he follows a set of behaviors that is clear and easy to intuit. He never just seemingly randomly shows up out of nowhere to instakill you when you open a door, even though you took every precaution. When he bodied me, it's cuz I had it coming, and I understood why I had it coming. Dying to him never felt unfair and frustrating the way dying to the Xeno could.

If you're good enough there are ways to give him the slip or "manipulate" him with sound. I.E you make some kind of noise to have him come up and follow you from the opposite side of the RPD, while you go to the side he was at, while Mr. X is looking around assuming you're in the area the noise happened. There were times I was able to avoid Mr. X while we were in the main hall of the RPD by hiding behind the pillars, and he would either go in the room opposite from the hall, or underneath me. This does not always work, but it is satisfying when you can pull it off.

CoCage:

Chimpzy:
snip

If you're good enough there are ways to give him the slip or "manipulate" him with sound. I.E you make some kind of noise to have him come up and follow you from the opposite side of the RPD, while you go to the side he was at, while Mr. X is looking around assuming you're in the area the noise happened. There were times I was able to avoid Mr. X while we were in the main hall of the RPD by hiding behind the pillars, and he would either go in the room opposite from the hall, or underneath me. This does not always work, but it is satisfying when you can pull it off.

Yeh, I know. During my Clair B playthrough, I once gave him the slip in the station attic by hiding behind a central pillar and keeping it between us. We played cat & mouse at a 10ft distance for a good minute or two, but since I was never seen or noisy enough, he eventually gave up and left.

Neurotic Void Melody:

P5 backloads the interesting female characters with Haru and especially Futaba (fav char in the whole game right there) so early on you're left with just the promising Makoto who fizzles out despite having good potential and Anne who is Anne, she's there for Morgana jokes and bimbo points XD.

Finally got around to finishing Outer Worlds last night. It was pretty good. I think it served as a decent classic Bioware surrogate. I don't think it is really comparable to Bethesda games outside of some general gameplay design. It didn't scratch the same itch at all.

Not sure if I will do a second playthrough or not. I feel like I kind of already experienced everything worthwhile that the game had to offer.

Completed Luigi's Mansion 3 yesterday (got an A-rank). Can comfortably say it's the best one in the series, and certainly has the strongest boss fights-- none were the same, and they were endlessly inventive by the end. The shark was a highlight. My only minor niggle was that in Luigi's Mansion 1, you could come across a Portrait Ghost almost anywhere... corridors, random little rooms etc. It made it seem organic and unpredictable that unique ghosts weren't relegated to end-level easily-foreseen boss fights. Losing that element was a shame, but the game is so good overall. #2 never clicked with me, but #3 was great.

EDIT: Oh, and also played through Code Vein. Was pretty good, didn't blow me away. The requirement for the single multiplayer trophy is absurd though.

CoCage:
I disagree heavily with you on Nier: Automata. There is characterization. Maybe not to your tastesm but it is there. My main problem with Automata was gameplay wise. I still felt the combat could have been much better. When the combat in Transformers Devastation is better (Platinum's last game before Nier: A), you know something is not right. I stuck around for the multiple endings, though I did not do all of the side quest. What ones I did though help learn more about certain characters, or added more to them.

As always, it's highly subjective, and I did go in with very high expectations due to only hearing praise and pretty much nothing else, so was anticipating a way more emotionally charged story. It was really mainly the first two characters who were personally quite dull archetypes for me, which was unfortunately most of the game. The third character had some noticeable passion which was a long overdue relief. But when the eventual battle battle occured at the end, I wasn't feeling any emotional connection to either choice. And that's where it hit peak disappointment because it was obvious that wasn't what was intended or what other people felt either. Anyway, you've just reminded me I still have to finish Devastation also. Forum thread osmosis at work again!

Dreiko:
P5 backloads the interesting female characters with Haru and especially Futaba (fav char in the whole game right there) so early on you're left with just the promising Makoto who fizzles out despite having good potential and Anne who is Anne, she's there for Morgana jokes and bimbo points XD.

Well it is quite early still, I only got Ann and that woman who claims she's a doctor but appears to have different ideas about what that job title means. The cat is a right pushy mister though, always telling me what I can and can't do in my own damn room!

Odin Sphere

There's nothing new I want coming out till late January, so working that backlog. Anyway, haven't gotten far, but so liking the characters and the story seems like it'll go to fairly interesting places. Game looks good, nice artstyle, although running at 4x native res helps sharping things up. Not that fond of the controls tho. Could be less floaty and more responsive. Also sometimes massive slowdown when there's lots of stuff onscreen at once, tho that's apparently endemic to the game and not the emulation. Overall, fun to play in bite-sized sessions.

Been playing a lot of Frostpunk again, as I fancied some city building.

I don't manage to get very far, but im enjoying myself.

I've been playing the endless modes, and it seems to be really difficult to find new citizens, so I end up spreading what I do have too thin. Then it all snowballs out of control, and I end up being exiled, or I run out of coal and everyone freezes to death.

Maybe I'll try to get into Cities: Skylines.

Almost done with Trails of Cold Steel 2 remake, which means it's only time for one thing.

Trails of Cold Steel 3!

Jrpg goodness with hugely intricate plot that spans 7 80-100 hour, story-heavy games. Max level lore immersion right there! :D

Been playing Luigi's Mansion 3 on and off, and it's pretty delightful. It's very simple fun, but every little interaction with the vacuum cleaner makes me smile. I wish the story wasn't as kiddie, which I know sounds like a weird complaint about a Nintendo game, but Mario games for example never feel this infantile and cringey during story bits.

Also picked up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, which is the first EA game I bought since Mirror's Edge 1, I think. And the game so far is pretty good. It's sorta a mix between Uncharted and Sekiro, with the presentation of the former and the similar type of combat from the latter. Though the combat can be a bit squirrelly. The controls don't feel as tight as I'd like them to be, and enemy attacks feel a bit hard to gauge sometimes, especially with non-human enemies. I can't yet tell if I need to just get better at the combat or if the combat needed a little more time in the oven. Considering I took to the combat of Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War '18, and Spider-Man instantly I fear it may be the latter. Still enjoying myself with the game though despite the slight frustration with some of the combat.

Chimpzy:
Odin Sphere

There's nothing new I want coming out till late January, so working that backlog. Anyway, haven't gotten far, but so liking the characters and the story seems like it'll go to fairly interesting places. Game looks good, nice artstyle, although running at 4x native res helps sharping things up. Not that fond of the controls tho. Could be less floaty and more responsive. Also sometimes massive slowdown when there's lots of stuff onscreen at once, tho that's apparently endemic to the game and not the emulation. Overall, fun to play in bite-sized sessions.

This is one of my favorite games and it sucks that it isn't more popular, nice to see it mentioned for once. The characters, story and puppet show presentation are lovely. And yeah, there's no fighting Odette without pain-in-the-ass slowdown. Don't know if they fixed this in Leifthrasir.

Johnny Novgorod:

Chimpzy:
Odin Sphere

This is one of my favorite games and it sucks that it isn't more popular, nice to see it mentioned for once. The characters, story and puppet show presentation are lovely. And yeah, there's no fighting Odette without pain-in-the-ass slowdown. Don't know if they fixed this in Leifthrasir.

Anything this studio makes is gaming gold. Their new 13 Sentinel game looks amazing too. Not sure if they have a release date for it yet.

But yeah, there's not quite a game out there that does the beat em up crossed with Arpg thing Odin Sphere does. Everyone needs to at least try it. Just cause it looks like Dragon's Crown it doesn't mean that it is Dragon's Crown.

Chimpzy:
Odin Sphere

The ps2 version has somewhat slow repetitive combat due to that action gauge thing. The remake fixed that, but from what I remember it still has some slowdowns here and there. It is a very good game with a memorable cast and they interconnect with one another.

American Truck Simulator. How I've played this and Euro Truck for so long without anybody telling me the superior way to play is to level up long-distance trucking first is mind-boggling to me. There is nothing better than starting in The far northern tip of Oregon and driving all the way down to San Francisco is just a blast.

Playing Death Stranding.

It has robbers who are going after your deliveries; and yes, you can knock them out by clobbering them on the head with the packages. GOTY.

EDIT: By the way, I'm so addicted to the delivery missions by now that I didn't notice when I started repeating the old ones.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 . . . 54 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.