What games are you playing?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 NEXT

hanselthecaretaker:

CaitSeith:
snip

I remember failing the first couple times playing because I

A. Didn?t level some side characters enough for late game when you need them

B. Didn?t get the junction system

Game was pretty pleasant after I corrected those the third go-around.

Yeah. In my first attempt I didn't notice that the quantity of spells affected the bonus (for some reason I thought only the type was important), so I was very underpowered at the mid-game boss battles. This time, I have been drawing magic out of enemies and bosses like a madman.

So I started Episode II of Sonic 4. It's too early to give thoughts on the actual episode, but I can give thoughts on Episode Metal.

It's...fine, I guess? It's really Episode I on hard mode, only one act per zone, that can be beaten in around 10-15 minutes. What's weird is that each act is less difficult than the one before it. Which I guess makes sense in a way, but it doesn't make for a sensible difficulty arc. Also, Metal Sonic finds some kind of Phantom Ruby knockoff in Lost Labyrinth and uses it at the end of the episode to...stun a bunch of animals. Yay...

It's possible that this will play a role in Episode 2 proper, but I'm left asking what the point of it was. Also, Metal Sonic is just a reskin of Sonic gameplay-wise. And I know that if you're doing a reskin, Metal Sonic makes sense, but it's not as if prior games found ways to make Metal Sonic feel distinct gameplay-wise (e.g. SA2).

Anyway, on to Episode II proper.

Granblue versus' new character has hitboxes on her boobs:

https://twitter.com/DaydLarce/status/1234678969959501832

this game has unmatched wisdom and grace. (btw tonight/tomorrow is the USA release, looking forward to finding more local people to fight online haha!)

CaitSeith:

hanselthecaretaker:

CaitSeith:
snip

Yeah. In my first attempt I didn't notice that the quantity of spells affected the bonus (for some reason I thought only the type was important), so I was very underpowered at the mid-game boss battles. This time, I have been drawing magic out of enemies and bosses like a madman.

That draw system really reduces grind. All you have to do is find a new monster type, draw 3 full racks (100 each) of any spell it has... and you never have to fight that monster type again or any others with any same spell. Do it right any you only have to fight each monster type once. Also cash isn't particularly important, but it is super easy to boost SeeD rank by taking the test in the classroom at Balamb Garden. Its mostly stuff covered in the instruction manual (available in game) so its easy to get a high SeeD rank early on and never have to worry about money at all. Add to that a tomodachi that can collect rare items for you while you aren't playing... All in all 8 is one of my favorite of the series because of the lack of grind necessary to beat it.

Dreiko:

this game has unmatched wisdom and grace. (btw tonight/tomorrow is the USA release, looking forward to finding more local people to fight online haha!)

I just never understood why tight hit boxes are still so difficult to do with modern technology. It just seems that if assets can be made to certain shapes, then collision detection should be able to be mapped onto that shape like a texture itself. It's understandable that a mobile character model would require more processing power than static objects, but it really seems like we should be able to do better than blocky rectangles after more than two decades of working with 3D assets.

Kyrian007:

CaitSeith:

hanselthecaretaker:

That draw system really reduces grind. All you have to do is find a new monster type, draw 3 full racks (100 each) of any spell it has... and you never have to fight that monster type again or any others with any same spell. Do it right any you only have to fight each monster type once. Also cash isn't particularly important, but it is super easy to boost SeeD rank by taking the test in the classroom at Balamb Garden. Its mostly stuff covered in the instruction manual (available in game) so its easy to get a high SeeD rank early on and never have to worry about money at all. Add to that a tomodachi that can collect rare items for you while you aren't playing... All in all 8 is one of my favorite of the series because of the lack of grind necessary to beat it.

Yeah I think FF8 is under-appreciated, or at least misunderstood which might lead to a lot of the criticisms it typically gets. That and well, having to follow up FF7 didn't exactly make it any easier. Plus Squall's demeanor for most of the game didn't gain him many fans.

Having said that, I fully agree the battle system was pretty awesome once I understood it. Also on a more artistic note (no pun), I really thought 8 had - and still has - some of the best music in the series. It's possibly the most melodramatic entry in the series, but damn it if didn't have me tearing up more than any of the others I've played.

Kyrian007:

CaitSeith:

hanselthecaretaker:

Well, except that you still have to grind for AP to unlock GF skills (including stats boosts that are a must for mid-game). Battle spoils are useful too (getting 100 Water spells out of refining fish fins is a great early game stat boost).

hanselthecaretaker:

Dreiko:

I just never understood why tight hit boxes are still so difficult to do with modern technology. It just seems that if assets can be made to certain shapes, then collision detection should be able to be mapped onto that shape like a texture itself. It?s understandable that a mobile character model would require more processing power than static objects, but it really seems like we should be able to do better than blocky rectangles after more than two decades of working with 3D assets.

Because fighting games simply don't work like that. You'd have to design a character around their hitboxes they need to function which would result in either weird shape-shifters who grow claws and heads and swords out of their extremities or chars whose attacks are all bursts of energy conveniently shaped to match hitboxes, or just very bad-looking characters. You absolutely can't do that with characters from an already-existing IP where your job is to make them look as close to the original as possible. You have to come up with smart work-arounds such as for example the tiny Charlotta's crown being part of her hitbox, making her not so short that about every standing button whiffs over her but still pretty damn short. These hitboxes allow for a massive amount of flexibility in the diversity of character shapes and weapons you can incoprorate in fighting games. Otherwise the tiny chars would always be as OP as Yoda was in Soul Cal 4 where he was legit too short for a bunch of moves to ever hit him.

Hitboxes are a way of balancing too, because a lot of characters have extended hurtboxes which don't match their character shape, which is something you do to give a move more of a drawback so that people using it willy nilly aren't getting away with abusing an OP move, or in the reverse, some huge characters have smaller hitboxes than their size, because them being too big would allow characters to do combos and mixups on them that don't work on anybody else, making them weaker just for being big.

It has been tried to have a fighter which matches the actual shape of the character back when they were testing an early build of sf4 but because 2D fighters have a specific feel that you expect, it feels wrong when the hitboxes are the actual logical size and not wide rectangles around the general vicinity of the attacks/characters. The game doesn't feel like a 2D fighter and just feels weird to play and not fun.

Dreiko:

Thinking of picking this up on PC when it comes out on Steam in a couple weeks. Would you recommend it for people on the noob-end of the spectrum? Also, is it gamepad friendly? I haven't played with a stick in awhile and find controllers more comfortable for long game sessions.

Playing Dreams on PS4.

Fappy:

Dreiko:

Thinking of picking this up on PC when it comes out on Steam in a couple weeks. Would you recommend it for people on the noob-end of the spectrum? Also, is it gamepad friendly? I haven't played with a stick in awhile and find controllers more comfortable for long game sessions.

Pad is fine, every fighter can be played with either, some people even use keyboards lol.

But yeah the game is very beginner friendly, it even has a system of cooldowns for specials and easy inputs that are always doable but just make your specials cool down for longer, and it says "good" every time you do a normal input lol. Though I'd recommend the ps4 version if possible cause that's the tourney standard so you'll have a lot more people to fight and the netplay will in general be active for longer.

Btw, the final DLC char for season one was leaked to be Zooey (hype dragon girl).

When I realized that I had Ace Combat 7 sitting in my Steam library, I decided to put Final Fantasy 9 on hold and play that instead, since I've never played any flying games before. It's taken me a while to get used to, I spent the first couple of missions crashing into the ground, but I think I've gotten the hang of the game now (decided on Expert controls, Normal difficulty) and it's really fun. The plot's also pretty engaging, even though I've never played an AC game before and apparently it's very strongly connected to 4, 5 and 0...

Dreiko:

hanselthecaretaker:

Dreiko:

I just never understood why tight hit boxes are still so difficult to do with modern technology. It just seems that if assets can be made to certain shapes, then collision detection should be able to be mapped onto that shape like a texture itself. It?s understandable that a mobile character model would require more processing power than static objects, but it really seems like we should be able to do better than blocky rectangles after more than two decades of working with 3D assets.

Because fighting games simply don't work like that. You'd have to design a character around their hitboxes they need to function which would result in either weird shape-shifters who grow claws and heads and swords out of their extremities or chars whose attacks are all bursts of energy conveniently shaped to match hitboxes, or just very bad-looking characters. You absolutely can't do that with characters from an already-existing IP where your job is to make them look as close to the original as possible. You have to come up with smart work-arounds such as for example the tiny Charlotta's crown being part of her hitbox, making her not so short that about every standing button whiffs over her but still pretty damn short. These hitboxes allow for a massive amount of flexibility in the diversity of character shapes and weapons you can incoprorate in fighting games. Otherwise the tiny chars would always be as OP as Yoda was in Soul Cal 4 where he was legit too short for a bunch of moves to ever hit him.

Hitboxes are a way of balancing too, because a lot of characters have extended hurtboxes which don't match their character shape, which is something you do to give a move more of a drawback so that people using it willy nilly aren't getting away with abusing an OP move, or in the reverse, some huge characters have smaller hitboxes than their size, because them being too big would allow characters to do combos and mixups on them that don't work on anybody else, making them weaker just for being big.

It has been tried to have a fighter which matches the actual shape of the character back when they were testing an early build of sf4 but because 2D fighters have a specific feel that you expect, it feels wrong when the hitboxes are the actual logical size and not wide rectangles around the general vicinity of the attacks/characters. The game doesn't feel like a 2D fighter and just feels weird to play and not fun.

Someday I think this will change, or at least improve. As it is, knowing that huge, blocky rectangles are responsible for detecting damage values on intricately detailed characters is as odd as knowing that in pretty much all games your character isn't what's moving through the level but instead the level is what's scrolling by as your character is mostly stationary within it.

So I'm on the home stretch of Sonic 4: Episode II, and Iz gotz opinionz...also a fascination with z.

So, for one thing, I'm tempted at this point to simply rank Sonic 4 as, well, Sonic 4, rather than dividing it into episodes. I mean, there is a precedent for this - lots of people, not just myself, consider STH 3 and S&K as being the one game, and for good reason. I mean, by today's standards, Sonic and Knuckles could be considered as DLC for Sonic 3, so in that framework, I think a similar case can be made to group Episode I, Episode Metal, and Episode II into the one package. But whatever the case, how does Episode II stack up?

Well, it's better than Episode I. It's better because we have Tails and a tag-team system that, while introduced in Sonic Advance 3 (or arguably Knuckles' Chaotix, but never played that, so...) is more streamlined and thus, more enjoyable. The graphics have got an improvement as well, and I'm not just talking about the characters. Bosses are a lot more creative, and while the zones are still cribbing from their predecessors (again, mainly STH2), they introduce enough of their gimmicks to stand out. Also, Metal Sonic. Turns out that mcGuffin in Episode Metal does play a role, but on the other hand, of all the stuff Metal Sonic can do in this game, I never thought it needed an explanation for it. I know I'm getting hung up on this, but still, y'know...

Also the half pipe special stages are back. I'll take them over the spinny maze, thanks.

Overall, I'd say Episode II is still "okay," but if I consider STH 4 as being one complete package, I'd say it squeezes into "good" territory. I understand that Episode 2 ends on unresolved issues - issues that will probably never be sorted given that the series has never been that great with continuity - but it's still fun to play, and, IMO, doesn't deserve the flack it gets. Does it deserve the "4" part of the title? I dunno. It certainly adds stuff from STH 3 (e.g. the tag team system) but loses stuff as well (e.g. elemental shields and the more cohesive storytelling used). So, it doesn't surpass STH 2 or 3, but I think an argument could be made for it surpassing STH 1.

Mostly skyrim and old school starcraft. My machine, which feels like its falling appart, can handle those but not Doom, so I have to get get an actual gaming Laptop for nexttime.

Dreiko:

Fappy:

Dreiko:

Pad is fine, every fighter can be played with either, some people even use keyboards lol.

But yeah the game is very beginner friendly, it even has a system of cooldowns for specials and easy inputs that are always doable but just make your specials cool down for longer, and it says "good" every time you do a normal input lol. Though I'd recommend the ps4 version if possible cause that's the tourney standard so you'll have a lot more people to fight and the netplay will in general be active for longer.

Btw, the final DLC char for season one was leaked to be Zooey (hype dragon girl).

The beginner friendliness is appealing for sure. I used to get fighters on PS4 but haven't paid for PSN in awhile, so I'll probably stick to Steam. I kinda doubt I'll get so into it that the eventual community drop off will affect me much.

Fappy:

Dreiko:

Fappy:

The beginner friendliness is appealing for sure. I used to get fighters on PS4 but haven't paid for PSN in awhile, so I'll probably stick to Steam. I kinda doubt I'll get so into it that the eventual community drop off will affect me much.

Alright well, hope you enjoy it, I'll be here using this little devil :D.

Game has easymode stuff but the hard stuff is the coolest, hurray for stance switching midcombo 5 times.

Dalisclock:

Smithnikov:

ChupathingyX:
Playing through Yakuza 5 now that it finally has a physical western release.

I'm still quite early on (just beat up Yahata, the tracksuit guy) but I'm having a blast as usual. The world feels much more alive in this game (and it was already done quite well in the previous ones), and I like some of the other small changes they've made (like sidequests popping up on the map).

Although Zero was an excellent entry, I'm still of the opinion that Five is the overall best of the bunch. Aside from a rather eye rollingly familiar Act 2 with Saijima (you'll see...), I struggle to find much wrong with it.

I'm only a little famialr with the Yakuza series but I've heard Zero is both a good game, but more importantly, apparently it's a really good game to start with because you don't need to be familiar with the series to get a lot out of it.

Believe it, it's almost an ideal entry point both from a story and game play perspective.

Despite my better judgment I'm still at it on RDR2 online. I find if I completely avoid Free Roam Events I rarely get disconnected at all, though the game has bugged out a couple of times on me. Notifications on the different kinds of progress that I'm making seem to clash for the worse with whatever activity I'm trying to engage in. Anyway, the game quickly becomes busywork as you try to earn three different kinds of currency and twenty different kinds of XP, trying to work yourself towards something worth your effort. It's an entertaining time waster and good for short stints, especially when I focus on keeping the streak on the daily challenges. But I think I'd rather start something new this weekend.

Johnny Novgorod:
Despite my better judgment I'm still at it on RDR2 online. I find if I completely avoid Free Roam Events I rarely get disconnected at all, though the game has bugged out a couple of times on me. Notifications on the different kinds of progress that I'm making seem to clash for the worse with whatever activity I'm trying to engage in. Anyway, the game quickly becomes busywork as you try to earn three different kinds of currency and twenty different kinds of XP, trying to work yourself towards something worth your effort. It's an entertaining time waster and good for short stints, especially when I focus on keeping the streak on the daily challenges. But I think I'd rather start something new this weekend.

That's cool. If you're extreme enough to be hunting trophies in this one, fortunately only one of them requires a free roam event (but it can also be accessed via menu IIRC). The horse racing is the easiest to get The Real Deal trophy for MPV'ing three online events. There's a few YouTube videos showing the best routes.

Yeah, the main reason I'm digging online is because it's pretty much like a more customizable story mode aside from less vocal character interactions. The dailies are also a great way to gradually level up the pursuits too. I'm just racking up cash for my next horse and will wait for a promo to try out the moonshining.

Played Superhot and finally finished Superhot. It's fun for a while, but it seems like the VR version is infinitely more enjoyable.

So I beat Sonic 4, Episode 2...it took me about 3 hours to collect the last three Chaos Emeralds. Dear God, I never want to see a half pipe again.

Still, I liked this episode. And as an overall package, I really like Sonic 4. I know, I know, unpopular opinion, but Sonic 4, as an overall package, takes the #6 spot for me on my Sonic games list. Which means that yes, I'm putting it above the original, if not STH 2/3.

What I'm playing now? I dunno. Hopefully something without half pipes though.

Finished Act 2 of Yakuza 5. Despite the familiar setup to his story in 4, I still enjoyed this segment, even though I feel like Saejima's fighting style could've evolved a bit more. The highlight was probably Sopporo, which had a really nice, comfy winter feel to it. It definitely stuck out as its own thing more than Fukuoka did.

But enough of that serious, melodramatic crime nonsense...now I guess it's time for Idol Dance Battle Simulator: Electric Boogaloo!

Metro Exodus

This is a bad game. I didn't finish. Stopped at the start of the Tiaga. The last game I didn't finish was Celeste and I bounce straight off that in the beginning because I didn't want a White Palace for a whole game at that time.

There is nothing to see or do and you visit pretty much everything in the missions you're asked to complete. It is incredibly buggy, which is saying something after just playing Outer Worlds and Fallout 4. I had a mission where you are to sneak onto some boats. But for some reason, the guards could see 'me'. The 'me' wasn't actually me, it was perpendicular to where I was standing. It was like a second me was standing in the ocean, which everyone was rushing to fire at. So everyone was rushing around the entrance of the boat and there was no possible way to get on

I liked how the ending of each section allowed a stealth section that lead to the leader being forced into letting you through. I liked the duplicate Barons but it wasn't as well done as Dishonored 2. Anna was better written here but I feel it was going stupid again soon.

All in all, don't buy this game. I don't say this about many games but it's not worth it. And I'm a person who likes Watchdogs, Dragon Age Inquisition and 2 and Fallout 4

Going back to Halo(now that CE is out), and private custom multiplayer games with a handful of friends. It's nice to just dick around with people you know rather than matchmaking with toxic randos and having to worry about rank, earning rewards and other BS.

Shields off, 50% health and sniper rifles only. Recreated instagib from Unreal Tournament! Lots of possibilities. Also great to get back to the old maps. I missed Longest and Wizard.

Doom (2016)

In preparation for Doom Eternal, which promises an orgy of wanton ultraviolence, I decided to spend the weekend thoroughly exploring every orifice of Doom 2016, except this time on Nightmare difficulty instead of Hurt Me Plenty. I remember the latter being a fun romp, but ultimately somewhat lacking thanks to its formulaic combat.

Ah, but this time the added challenge proved a much more pleasurable experience. Where before I liberally spanked the derrieres of the mortally-challenged with wild abandon, I now often found myself on the receiving end, and with no agreed upon safe word to boot. Fights turned into exhausting but exciting mating dances, and I relished having to tap into different toys to leave all comers satisfied.

I also made a point of completing all the optional challenges/secrets as well as the runes. Though this also proved a bit of an Uno Reverso as a certain combination of runes with a fully upgraded Gauss Cannon proved too much for the abyssal horde to handle. Once more it was my turn to clap demonic buttcheek as my doomstick blasted its white hot loads all over, tearing their tender flesh asunder. And for those larger partners who prefer something girthier, well, siege mode definitely hits the spot. Eventually I hatefucked Spider-chan till she did the ahegao face, shoved my throbbing deathrod down her gob and unleashed, ending this encounter in a quivering climax.

TLDR: Doom is a far more fun game at the highest difficulty levels.

Just finished Halo Wars 1, and its a decent enough babies-first RTS game. I always felt like it played great on consoles, but its mouse and keyboard controls in the PC release are a bit janky. Its fun enough, though. Its campaign is short, but the missions offer a good variety - though I feel like Legendary is probably the way to go, as Heroic was too easy, I found.

My biggest criticism is the story. There isn't really an antagonist, at least in a gameplay sense. Sure, you are fighting the Covenant, and later the Flood appear, but the Flood is just *there*, and Arbiter and Prophet of Regret who lead the Covenant faction, never actually fight you, or even taunt you in gameplay - which is strange seeing as both have in-game models, and are actually used in the multiplayer component, as well as a third Brute chieftan character who is never seen or mentioned, so it just feels like a missed opportunity.

Afterwards, I started playing Halo Wars 2 again, but quit very quickly. There is this thing that Halo Wars 2 that I completely forgot about, when I played it the first time. One of the main mechanics in the Halo Wars games are the Leader Powers, these are buffs or abilities that you can use to heal, deal damage, summon units, etc. When playing the campaign, unlike Halo Wars 1, the enemy faction can use leader powers against you, and whilst this is fair as you can use your own, too, its not the kind of fair that is actually fun. Waiting and waiting and waiting for your resources to come in, as you slowly build an army, only to march it out of your base and immediately watch the whole thing get destroyed, or at least critically damaged, is just not a fun gameplay experience. I honestly thought that it would have patched by now, but apparently it hasn't been touched at all, so I just cannot be bothered.

Now, im playing 2012's Syndicate FPS reboot. Its actually a lot of fun. Sure, the FOV is absolute ass, the bloom is way overdone, and the QTEs bring me back to early 2010's games, but the gameplay is really engaging. Im looking forward to playing more, even if the story and writing is a bit pants.

Going back to Outward in anticipation of the upcoming DLC.

Either they've patched up some of the jankiness in combat, or I've become inexplicably more adept at it this go around. Defintiely a solid recomendation if you're into that very open RPG experience. Though I do recommend researching any intended build beforehand, because that was what mucked up my first run somewhat was having no concept of how to become a wizard or which disciplines had which spells (currently I am a rogue/necromancer).

And working on getting my Railjack (space ship) up to snuff in Warframe, as the first introductory events of the New War are due to arrive soon.

Still pushing through Ace Combat 7. I've finished 11 missions out of 20 (23 including the DLC, which I have) so far. The Spare arc was definitely pretty challenging, but contrary to popular belief, the game doesn't really get easier afterwards. Still, it's a lot of fun to fly around blasting everything with your hundreds of missiles, and I'm looking forward to the story's resolution.

So far, I've gotten the best results out of the F/A-18F Super Hornet. It's not the "best" plane in the game by a long shot, but it's a versatile little beast with a pretty good set of specials, and it pulled through better than the F-15C in mission 11.

Laggyteabag:
Just finished Halo Wars 1, and its a decent enough babies-first RTS game. I always felt like it played great on consoles, but its mouse and keyboard controls in the PC release are a bit janky. Its fun enough, though. Its campaign is short, but the missions offer a good variety - though I feel like Legendary is probably the way to go, as Heroic was too easy, I found.

My biggest criticism is the story. There isn't really an antagonist, at least in a gameplay sense. Sure, you are fighting the Covenant, and later the Flood appear, but the Flood is just *there*, and Arbiter and Prophet of Regret who lead the Covenant faction, never actually fight you, or even taunt you in gameplay - which is strange seeing as both have in-game models, and are actually used in the multiplayer component, as well as a third Brute chieftan character who is never seen or mentioned, so it just feels like a missed opportunity.

"Babies first RTS" is a pretty good description for the games. I mean, I like both, but when you design an RTS for a console first and foremost, you're going to lose some features. That said, I like the story - I don't find the lack of an an antagonist to be a downside in of itself. I mean, it's certainly not the only Halo game to not have one. Also, as you said, the mission design is pretty good.

Afterwards, I started playing Halo Wars 2 again, but quit very quickly. There is this thing that Halo Wars 2 that I completely forgot about, when I played it the first time. One of the main mechanics in the Halo Wars games are the Leader Powers, these are buffs or abilities that you can use to heal, deal damage, summon units, etc. When playing the campaign, unlike Halo Wars 1, the enemy faction can use leader powers against you, and whilst this is fair as you can use your own, too, its not the kind of fair that is actually fun. Waiting and waiting and waiting for your resources to come in, as you slowly build an army, only to march it out of your base and immediately watch the whole thing get destroyed, or at least critically damaged, is just not a fun gameplay experience. I honestly thought that it would have patched by now, but apparently it hasn't been touched at all, so I just cannot be bothered.

I don't recall the leader powers being an issue in HW2 - maybe I got lucky, maybe I was on a lower difficulty (normal, or whatever it's called). That said, I think HW2 is the weaker of the two. The story is less interesting, the characters are less interesting, and the missions are less interesting. IMO, the best part of it was the Banished mini-campaign; least gameplay-wise.

Unfortunately, I doubt we're going to get a HW3. The actual HW3 was cancelled, and I doubt we'll get another one. Which sucks, despite HW2's flaws. :(

We Love Katamari

Finally managed to track down a copy of this at a reasonable price. Quite the 180 in tone after Doom. Basically more of the same as the first game with a few new objective types. But it's just such a joyous game. Played the first few maps with the biggest grin while humming along with the songs. So yes, I too love Katamari.

Nuka World

This was a fun little romp. Instead of doing things to make people happy, your doing them to make not betray you. The 5 main areas are pretty fun and interesting, but everything around it feel really empty (and more like how the Witcher or Exodus does open worlds). After all the little side things I found in the environs in the base game, I found this a weird design choice. The Raiders are more fleshed out that usual, and I like the interplay between the leaders. Gage is interesting, realising that no one can unite behind him, but realising that he needs to unite the raiders to help him, and others survive. I like the multiple ways you can take over settlements. But it doesn't really mesh with the base game well, you have to choose to do this DLC over the base game or vice versa. A decent DLC, especially when I thought the premise was pretty bad when I heard the trailer all those years ago.

Been playing legend of zelda botw on my nintendo switch.

Also currently playing Second Life.

VRchat won't work on my mac and i not certain if i run it in windows on bootcamp on my mac on a dual boot whether it would work.

leet_x1337:
Still pushing through Ace Combat 7. I've finished 11 missions out of 20 (23 including the DLC, which I have) so far. The Spare arc was definitely pretty challenging, but contrary to popular belief, the game doesn't really get easier afterwards. Still, it's a lot of fun to fly around blasting everything with your hundreds of missiles, and I'm looking forward to the story's resolution.

So far, I've gotten the best results out of the F/A-18F Super Hornet. It's not the "best" plane in the game by a long shot, but it's a versatile little beast with a pretty good set of specials, and it pulled through better than the F-15C in mission 11.

Well that's good, because mission 12 is one of the most awesome in the game (especially if you've played AC4). Also, have you purchased the pulse lasers for the 15C? Because those things are incredibly versatile (regardless of which plane you equip them on). And if you ever have trouble on a bomber-focused mission, the SFFS which comes with the F-15E and Su-34 works brilliantly.

Chimpzy:
Doom (2016)

In preparation for Doom Eternal, which promises an orgy of wanton ultraviolence, I decided to spend the weekend thoroughly exploring every orifice of Doom 2016, except this time on Nightmare difficulty instead of Hurt Me Plenty. I remember the latter being a fun romp, but ultimately somewhat lacking thanks to its formulaic combat.

Ah, but this time the added challenge proved a much more pleasurable experience. Where before I liberally spanked the derrieres of the mortally-challenged with wild abandon, I now often found myself on the receiving end, and with no agreed upon safe word to boot. Fights turned into exhausting but exciting mating dances, and I relished having to tap into different toys to leave all comers satisfied.

I also made a point of completing all the optional challenges/secrets as well as the runes. Though this also proved a bit of an Uno Reverso as a certain combination of runes with a fully upgraded Gauss Cannon proved too much for the abyssal horde to handle. Once more it was my turn to clap demonic buttcheek as my doomstick blasted its white hot loads all over, tearing their tender flesh asunder. And for those larger partners who prefer something girthier, well, siege mode definitely hits the spot. Eventually I hatefucked Spider-chan till she did the ahegao face, shoved my throbbing deathrod down her gob and unleashed, ending this encounter in a quivering climax.

TLDR: Doom is a far more fun game at the highest difficulty levels.

This post was rather inspiring. I've been so wrapped up in RDR2 Online on PS4 lately but my projector bulb finally burnt out. So while I've been waiting for the replacement, I got back into Doom 2016 and am having more of a blast with it than ever. I think the timing is right too, because it was a hectic week and it's refreshing to play something balls-to-the-wall gameplay-driven.

I really think id struck a great balance in design and feel between old school and new here, and hope it continues with Eternal.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.