Poll: First or Third person: On a racing game

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I was playing Burnout Paradise earlier and happened to hit the camera switch button on accident, which made me wonder which camera do you prefer first or third person?

I personally prefer third person as I like to see all around the car, especially with burnout as you need to avoid other cars coming in from the side.

But which do YOU prefer?

I only know one person who does first and he is my friends dad

Why isnt there a both option? Both give unique perpectives on the game, third person allows you to look around you while first person is more immersive, allowing you to feel the speed and feel the control of the car better than you would from the perspective of a helicopter following your car.

First Person, better sense of speed. That's also how I usually drive a vehicle, I don't strap myself to the roof too often.

Third for me. Especially in burnout when you need to be able to see other cars to get takedowns.

i like third cause if i play a racing game its generaly nfs and i like to customize my cars...no point in customizing if your not gonna look at it...and im not gonna stare at it for an hour so i wanna see it while im driving

RavingPenguin:
Why isnt there a both option?

There isn't a both option because you can't drive first and third person at the same time

First person. More immersive and makes you dizzy.

First person.

Otherwise hitting the apexes gets difficult.

SamTheBaggie:

RavingPenguin:

There isn't a both option because you can't drive first and third person at the same time

You asked which do you prefer, as seen here

SamTheBaggie:

But which do YOU prefer?

I prefer both.

First, oddly. Third feels more accurate to me, but screw accuracy.

First person, it gives me a better sense of the car's handling, especially if it's a first person cockpit view, in which you can see the steering wheel.

I only use third person for motorbikes, or if I have to shoot whilst driving in a game like GTA.

In order of preference, my favourite driving views are:

1. Cockpit
2. Bonnet
3. Bumper
4. Far 3rd Person.
5. Close 3rd Person.

Third person, because first person makes me nauseous.

i suck at racing games but when i play, i play 3rd person
whenever im in first person, trees and walls seem to jump out in front of my car a lot

RavingPenguin:

SamTheBaggie:

RavingPenguin:

You asked which do you prefer, as seen here

SamTheBaggie:

But which do YOU prefer?

I prefer both.

Now that's just being awkward :) If I asked you if you prefered apples or oranges would you say "I would prefer both" It was a simple question no need to turn it into an arguement :)

SamTheBaggie:

Now that's just being awkward :) If I asked you if you prefered apples or oranges would you say "I would prefer both" It was a simple question no need to turn it into an arguement :)

It depends on the situation, Sometimes I prefer one or the other.

I prefer first person view in racing games. I just feel more comfortable that way.

For a proper racing game, 1st person. Makes it easier as you can see where you're going.

For Burnout or GTA, 3rd person. Makes it easier as you can see where the rest of your car is.

i like third person because you can see more of whats going on around you, especially useful in burnout for taking out other cars

I find third person in any genre more enjoyable than first person. Platformer, shooter, racer.

First person is the only way I can play some racing games. The rest I can only play third.

I prefer to use third, mainly because it lets me see the tail end of my car.

Third person

Third, easier to see what's around you.

First person in any genre.

always third person for racing games

depends on how i feel and if there's bumper cam

Hmm, mind if I take some inspiration from this thread and start my own?

1st or 3rd in Flight Games.

I love playing racing games in first person, but third person is so much easier, especially in Burnout games. First person in GTA IV is near impossible for the bike chases, when you gotta go shoot stuff without crashing once :x

I like 1st person as it makes it more exciting. however very very few racing games are made properly for first person, so its just generally better to stick to 3rd person

I'm gonna have to say I prefer first-person if I'm using a proper steering wheel peripheral.

There's nothing quite like playing GT5P with a wheel.

I prefer to play racing games in the third person but if I am piloting a vehicle in an FPS I prefer to use the first person view.

Third all the way. was never able to use first person view

I myself prefer third, but that's because I'm a NFS freak. When you gots cops all over ya, third person is easier for me... My wife however only plays first person... I escape more than she does :)

until they make bendy TV's that allow me to use my periphreal vision like I can in real life, I'll always prefer 3rd person for almost anything. It's just not the same. It's like having blinders on and driving, and since I'm not 16 and a girl that is driving a car daddy bought me, I don't drive like that.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked