Forgotten Hope 2 2.2 RELEASED!!! NORMANDY IS HERE!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

A paratrooper dead in the plane...oh, the humanity...

some tank combat.

a StuG from the next release (August most likely)

Anti-Tank by: Lightning

01.07.2009 18:00 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope. Today we have two new renders of anti-tank equipment; the British 6-pounder MkIV and the German Marder I SdKfz 138.

The original 6-pounder MkI was made by TheJackalx2k, AaronAsh and Rad and it was upgraded to the MkIV by Toddel.

The 6-pounder MkIV is not just a reskin from the MkI used in North Africa. This gun has an L/50 barrel (meaning the barrel length is 50 times greater than the barrel diameter (57mm), as opposed to the L/43 barrel on the MkI. The 6-pounder was kept in service with the British Army until some 20 years after the end of the war.

Next up we have the Marder I, SdKfz 138, which was made by Toddel.

The German army had captured more than 300 French Lorraine 37Ls in 1940 and, in May of 1942, it was decided to put these artillery tractors to use, by converting 170 of them to tank-destroyers. The new vehicle, called the Marder I, was armed with a 75mm PaK40/1. Although most Marder Is were used on the eastern front, some were also used in Normandy, most notably, by the 21st Panzer Division.

That's all for now, but be sure to come back later this week for another update. Until then, feel free to visit our IRC channel and our public forums to discuss this update and other news.

Infanterie Greift An! by: Lightning

08.06.2009 02:00 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope. Today we have more amazing things, as we are showing the renders of the new German player models. In our next release, we will have as many as 14 new German player models; one model for each class, both regular and camouflaged.

First, we will take a look at the Heer player models. The Heer is the German name for the army. It is often confused with the Wehrmacht, which is the armed forces as a whole (the Heer, Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine together). All these models were made by Zero.

image image

The state of the German Heer in Normandy differed greatly per division. Many divisions, especially the ones occupying the bunkers on the beaches, were static divisions. Their strength was often only two-thirds that of regular divisions and would not have any means of transport. They were first raised in 1942 and in the two years that followed, its 'best' troops were sent to the eastern front and replaced by so-called 'Osttruppen'. These were former Soviet or Polish prisoners of war who chose to enter the German army, rather than being sent to concentration camps. Most of the German troops in these divisions were either quite old or really young.

Other, regular divisions, such as the 21st Panzer Division, also had to cope with the needs of the Eastern Front. It was formed mainly of troops returning from Russia, who had already been turned down once or twice by other divisions who were in need of more soldiers. Most of its tanks were Panzer IVs, but it also fielded many converted French tanks.

On the other side of the spectrum, we have the Panzer Lehr Division. It was especially formed in anticipation of the allied invasion and it was made up of the best units in Germany. All of its infantry regiments were fully mechanised (equipped with half-tracks) and most of its tanks were Panthers. It also had some 8 Tiger tanks and 5 Tiger II tanks.

Up next we have the camouflaged player models. These models were also made by Zero.

image image

The use of camouflage in the German army began with the introduction of the Zeltbahn 31 - a sheet of canvas that could be used both as a tent and as a poncho. Much later, in 1937, the Waffen-SS started experimenting with camouflaged uniforms. These few uniforms would be used up to 1942, which saw the introduction of camouflaged field caps and helmet-covers. In 1943, the first of the new full camouflaged uniforms appeared, which were produced with many different patterns. The dotted pattern you see on most of the player models is called the 'Erbsenmuster' or 'pea-pattern'.

That's all for now, but be sure to come back next week for another update. Until then, feel free to visit our IRC channel and our public forums to discuss this update and other news.

SPECIAL JULY 4th EDITION!!

Rangers Lead The Way by: Lightning

04.07.2009 21:00 GMT

Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope. Today is the fourth of July and that means it's Independence Day in the United States of America. To celebrate, we are showing the renders of our American player models today.

These player model bodies were all made by Remdul. The heads were done by Zero.

image image

The United States of America played an important role in the Battle of Normandy. It contributed more men and equipment than any other allied country, starting on June 6th with 5 infantry divisions and ending on August 30th with 6 armoured divisions and 16 infantry divisions. In total, this amounted to more than a million US soldiers. This degree of commitment to the liberation of Europe did come at a heavy cost; In Normandy alone, the US army suffered 20,838 killed, 94,881 wounded and 10,128 missing.

That's all for now, but be sure to come back later for another update. Until then, feel free to visit our IRC channel and our public forums to discuss this update and other news.

There are far too many WWII games,and making mods for a game thats not about WWII just seems silly to me

The entire point of mods is to add something or deviate from the vanilla game. Besides. This is strictly multiplayer, for large battles (historically-accurate) for up to 64 people. There are many WWII games,but bost of them are shit compared to this game.
(Not shit:
Call of Duty
Call of Duty 2
CoD:WaW
FH2)

Old Canadian soldier update.

All the pictures broke my Escapist.

New M5A1 Tank models:

This seems a lot like an ad...

irishstormtrooper:
This seems a lot like an ad...

Normally, I would disagree.
But that was about 400 pictures ago, So I'm warming up to that idea.

An advertisement for all to enjoy!

Everybody's favourite monstrous tank. Gentlemen, the Tiger!

German Fallschirmjager Infantrie parachuting onto a British airfield on Crete

I think it's just informative, and I do enjoy the pictures.

That's the spirit!

some eye candy for you Anti-Tankers:

Snipers: REJOYCE!

And did I mention...It's Free.

It also has a number of Tournaments for it. Here's one:

Avalible for download in many languages at
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/index.php
(English, German, Danish, Chinese, Dutch, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portugese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and TradChinese)

Alright, now it is sounding a lot like a giant ad. Sorry.

An ad you can't help but watch!

Rommel realised the danger to the Axis defenses should Carentan fall, for it was the link between Utah and Omaha Beach and also the key to an American drive west to cut the base of the Cotentin Peninsula. The defense of the city was in the hands of the Fallschirmjaeger-Regiment 6. Allied High Command's decision to send the 101st paratroopers in on their own, with little armor or air support, was based on expectations only to encounter scattered resistance along the causeway to Carentan. On the evening of June 10th however, all attempts to drive the Germans back with artillery had failed. Colonel Cole and his men of the 502nd PiR advanced cautiously down the Causeway to seize the hub of German resistance and eventually clear the entrance to Carentan itself...

OneHP:
Oh my, those screenshots look tasty. I shall have to look into this.

And have you? I have not seen you on the forums.

Flies of Steel by: Lightning

27.05.2009 23:30 GMT

Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope. This week we will take a look at the Sherman V series, or, as the Americans called it, the Medium Tank M4A4. We would also like to promote an unofficial Forgotten Hope 2 Nations Cup that is being organised on our forum.

Let's begin with the Shermans. As with the M4A1 model (called the Sherman II by the British), we also have a bunch of M4A4s. This includes the famous Sherman VC 'Firefly', armed with the 17-pounder. These Shermans were modeled by Omni and skinned by Toddel.

image image image

Construction of the first M4A4 Medium tank began in July of 1942. It was, much like the M4A2, mainly intended for export through the lend-lease agreement. Later in the war, the UK became the primary user of the M4A4, which they named the 'Sherman V'. (V being the roman number 5, the reason the M4A4 isn't the Sherman IV is because the British started their naming at the M4, which became the Sherman I, while the next version, being the M4A1 was called the Sherman II). An interesting fact about the M4A4 is that is it longer than the other Sherman models. This is because it used the Chrysler multibank engine, which was five car engines combined to run as a single engine. Nearly 7500 M4A4s were built.

image image

One especially interesting, and by far the most common, modification of the M4A4 was the Sherman VC 'Firefly'. Instead of the regular American 75mm gun, it mounted the powerful British 17-pounder. Although there were many problems involved with mounting such a large gun into such a relatively small turret, the firefly design was highly successful and about 2000 fireflies were made during the war.

2.2 is coming soon...

XUnsafeNormalX:
But can you see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

It the taste you can see

slipknot4:
To bad ww2 has been dead for like 30 games now. Why can't anyone make a good modern fps...

Then go play Point of Existance 2 for BF2...
It´s Bundeswehr and USMC agains Ukranians in a fictional modernday war.

Chrinik:

slipknot4:
To bad ww2 has been dead for like 30 games now. Why can't anyone make a good modern fps...

Then go play Point of Existance 2 for BF2...
It´s Bundeswehr and USMC agains Ukranians in a fictional modernday war.

They ripped a couple of maps off of some of the expansions. FH is completely original.

USE FUCKING SPOILERS

Seriously, you're BREAKING my internet with all these pictures!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked