ResetEra Thread about the lacks of Black/Brown characters in New Smash...

Needles to say, I didn't made the mistake again to comment here, because, guess what, if you say you don't care, INSTANT BAN BECAUSE FUCK YOU!!!

Ridiculous! We have a game which have 74 characters which arent all of them humans, but if you say you don't care about not being the characters brown/black/etc., It get you ban...

Sorry, I just wanted to express my frustrations here.

No problem with the people who want indeed more black/Brown characters.
Just the "marking" of saying you don't care as a taboo for ResetEra....

Source:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/smash-ultimate-has-74-characters-yet-lacks-black-brown-characters.78580/

why do you keep going there, its clearly triggering you

lifes too short to get yourself riled up on purpose

undeadsuitor:
why do you keep going there, its clearly triggering you

lifes too short to get yourself riled up on purpose

As I said before, there are some nice people here and I love to talk to them when I have a chance.
Somekind of Love/Hate relationship you can say I guess...

Also do you know a new DLC for Monster Prom will come out? :)

Oh, SweetJesusShark! Again on ResetEra? Say, how many times have you praised the OPs on threads that you care?

Just stop, man. If I cared what was going on at ResetEra, I would go to ResetEra.
If you want to have a discussion about how huge swaths of Nintendo's library (and a huge chunk of gaming in general) is all white people or light-skinned Japanese folks, we can talk about that, but you're just tattling on another forum.

CaitSeith:
Oh, SweetJesusShark! Again on ResetEra? Say, how many times have you praised the OPs on threads that you care?

Well, I really love some OT for some specific videogames I love.
Then there are the Indie Videogames Thread which nearly daily some cool dudes post new released games.
Then there is the Indie Dev Thread which many lovable people post their "steps" they make for their games and I enjoy it a lot.
For exple there is a game which have a name "Super Raycing" and it is about racing with a Ray XD. Cool yo.
Then it is the Metroidvania Thread. A VN Thread and a Point And Click I hang out some times.

altnameJag:
Just stop, man. If I cared what was going on at ResetEra, I would go to ResetEra.
If you want to have a discussion about how huge swaths of Nintendo's library (and a huge chunk of gaming in general) is all white people or light-skinned Japanese folks, we can talk about that, but you're just tattling on another forum.

Actually I wanted to create this Thread to talk about why ResetEra insist on banning people who want just enjoy a game with fictional humans and not and not talk about their skin color.

Edit:
Sorry, writing in a cellphone and autocorrect...

SweetShark:

altnameJag:

Actually I wanted to create this Thread to talk about why ResetEra insist on banning people who want just enjoy a game with fictional humans and not and not talk about their skin color.

Edit:

It's in their FAQS:

"Honest dissent and debate is generally welcome. However, we do not welcome disingenuous arguments, deliberately ignoring or refusing to acknowledge counterarguments, or arguing for no reason than to upset other members. If your contributions to a discussion are clearly unproductive or lead in circles, it's time to stop."

You didn't stop; you went to weird places after saying you didn't care.

CaitSeith:

SweetShark:

altnameJag:

Edit:

It's in their FAQS:

"Honest dissent and debate is generally welcome. However, we do not welcome disingenuous arguments, deliberately ignoring or refusing to acknowledge counterarguments, or arguing for no reason than to upset other members. If your contributions to a discussion are clearly unproductive or lead in circles, it?s time to stop."

You didn't stop; you went to weird places after saying you didn't care.

Weird places? Do you mean in the Thread I got Banned you mean?
Yes, but I had a discussion, didn't I?

So, I've browsed the gaming section of ResetEra. I only saw one post on the front page talking about anything like this and it was the thread you linked. This was all the past ten minutes BTW. Everything else was about soundtracks, reviews, fansites, and Red Dead Redemption 2. Going to the second page revealed one about the Asian Overwatch character's accents and what looks to be a come back of the what a "gamer" is. Only controversial posts I can find.

So my question is, why visit a thread or go further and even post in it, if your only going to get aggravated or post the equivalent of "I don't care" and move on, when there is dozens of other threads that have nothing to do with the topic of diversity? It just seems kinda silly to me to get so worked up over what appears to be a minority of the threads there.

It's clear to me ResetEra has a certain political leaning and they only want people who follow that political leaning to post when matters of it come up. Their website, they can do what they want with it. But if you like everything else about it, but those threads, just ignore them man. It's not gonna kill you and it may help you stick around there longer.

Um... (Thinks about Star Citizen thread)

Yeah, I'm not going down this rabbit hole again.

lol resetera. i only lurk there because they have fastest gaming news and most active forum. but thier mods are clowns who banned you for having different opinion.

its a laughing stock of gaming community.

After a while... you should start seeing how often you're posting about not caring about characters being non-whites.

This is probably the fourth subject I ever seen you comment on, and it's again about being ok that there are only whites. A pattern seems to be forming.

Like me. I don't care that there are no minority characters either. It actually would be nice that Nintendo would join the rest of us, but I don't make a federal case out of it.

... And non-human, fictional creatures do not count for human diversity. It's not like a Yoshi will ever pick up a game controller and wonder how come they are only represented in one game series on one console. Unlike women, minorities, and people on the sexual spectrum. It shocks me how often I feel like I have to explain this.

Now that all that's logic is out of the way... My Dude, if you're on ResetEra because they have the fastest and best video game knowledge, then stay for the fastest and best video game knowledge, talk to your few friends, and avoid the forums because there are people who have feelings that obviously get you keyed up.

Could we just... not have another of these threads?

ObsidianJones:
It actually would be nice [if] Nintendo would join the rest of us...

Looks like they actually have a lot of minorities represented, from Nintendo's point of view. White people.

Trying to put myself in their shoes, why would a Japanese company be overly concerned with the diversity politics of Western countries? They probably think that it is a very strange thing to stress over, considering that they live in a country with almost zero diversity (98.5% Japanese), and they probably aren't ashamed of that fact.

SweetShark:
Needles to say, I didn't made the mistake again to comment here, because, guess what, if you say you don't care, INSTANT BAN BECAUSE FUCK YOU!!!

Ridiculous! We have a game which have 74 characters which arent all of them humans, but if you say you don't care about not being the characters brown/black/etc., It get you ban...

Source:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/smash-ultimate-has-74-characters-yet-lacks-black-brown-characters.78580/

ResetEra has some interesting threads and I've occasionally gone there to read when these forums are slow(which is sadly still too often). I'd probably post there if they let me use my gmail account to register(but apparently gmail isn't a real e-mail address so whatever).

I'd suggest avoiding such threads because it seems to be people grinding their ideological axes on each other(I say that as someone who considers himself on the lefty side of the spectrum, at least by US standards). Just like I've been staying out of R+P here because reading the threads seems to do little but get me riled when I'm trying to zone out.

There's plenty of other good conversation to be had without wading into the hornets nest, so to speak.

Psst OP, there's a large group of ResetEra posters on the escapist and you're triggering them.

Dalisclock:

SweetShark:

Source:

ResetEra has some interesting threads and I've occasionally gone there to read when these forums are slow(which is sadly still too often). I'd probably post there if they let me use my gmail account to register(but apparently gmail isn't a real e-mail address so whatever).

I'd suggest avoiding such threads because it seems to be people grinding their ideological axes on each other(I say that as someone who considers himself on the lefty side of the spectrum, at least by US standards). Just like I've been staying out of R+P here because reading the threads seems to do little but get me riled when I'm trying to zone out.

There's plenty of other good conversation to be had without wading into the hornets nest, so to speak.

Of course. There are plenty of Threads I enjoy to take part as well.

I make some Threads there as well and I have plans to create another 3 when I return from my Holidays. Honestly, writting using a cellphone is a pain...

But yeah, I learned my lesson to never will take part in Threads which clearly is a trap for me...

Love to have a discussion and as I said having a discussion here is welcome.

ex951753:
Psst OP, there's a large group of ResetEra posters on the escapist and you're triggering them.

They shouldn't.
As I said I have problem with the Mods who get triggered, not with the people here.
They have the will to desire black characters in their games.
It just doesn't make sense to me to complain hard about it, I that all.

ObsidianJones:
After a while... you should start seeing how often you're posting about not caring about characters being non-whites.

This is probably the fourth subject I ever seen you comment on, and it's again about being ok that there are only whites. A pattern seems to be forming.

Like me. I don't care that there are no minority characters either. It actually would be nice that Nintendo would join the rest of us, but I don't make a federal case out of it.

In the interest of actually taking this thread somewhere productive, do you have any particular suggestions for characters they should include to add a bit more variety in future installments?

Oh dear, I had already forgot that ResetEra even existed. Now I need to do it again. Well, shouldn't be too hard. Some of the comments are good laughs, though. I mean, they exist but they can't be real, can they?

altnameJag:

It looks like ResetEra is perfect for you, you should check it out.

So this is Resetera... other than the moderators, it's not so different from the Escapist haha.

It's interesting how Americanized Nintendo's cast are, very New York City-ish back when New York City was actually relevant. The Hylians are elves from Neverland, and FE people are from Wizardy & Ultima.

The true exception would be Pokemon, whose characters are Japanese. I guess Iris is black, but nobody likes Iris anyways.

Using our community to criticize others isn't approved of.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked