WARCRAFT 3 REMASTER!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

TRAILER IS IN GERMAN, BUT ITS REAL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYjN0Anejoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYGd62rcTQ0

MY LIFE IS NOW COMPLETE!!!! WARCRAFT HAS BEEN REDEEMED!!!!

I mean, this is nice and all, but I was really hoping for an actual Warcraft 4... I know WOW continues the story, but it really isn't the same.

Don't get me wrong but is this what Blizzard is now? Remasters and mobile games?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

Would you be interested in Blizzard remastering the first 2 Warcrtaft games?

CaitSeith:

Yeah.

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:
Don't get me wrong but is this what Blizzard is now? Remasters and mobile games?

To be fair at least that Diablo Immortal thing did not look like complete ass compared to that Command and Conquer Mobile game we saw at E3 this year.

I wonder what balance will have at release. Will the single-player have unarmored type like the patched multiplayer? Or will it keep the original armor types? It's going to be interesting.

I don't play RTS online (hate micro) but I love playing them SP so pretty hyped for this. The graphic increase seems more impressive than the SC remaster (although Arthas looked a bit silly with his giant hammer). WC3 story is really good (I'll never understand why they made the movie using WC1 story rather than WC3).

Was SC remaster free for people who already had original?

But yeah, WC4 would be the dream. SC 2 campaign was really good but I liked WC3 campaign style more (with hero that level) so a WC4 would most likely be amazing. Although at this point if they were to do it they would need to just make WoW non cannon or something, the lore is such a freaking mess now.

Oh hell yeah! One of my first RTSs back when I was a young lad and one I'd love to play with nice shiny graphics and whatnot. I look forward to it.

Samtemdo8:

CaitSeith:

Yeah.

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

To be fair at least that Diablo Immortal thing did not look like complete ass compared to that Command and Conquer Mobile game we saw at E3 this year.

Also in fairness: This isn't a quick turnaround with minimal improvement like so many other remasters (Skyrim, Bioshock...). Warcraft III was released 16 years ago now, and it has not aged especially well visually (cinematics notwithstanding).

I remember giving the original a go a few years back, and the blocky graphics and stiff animations were a turnoff. The remaster, however, I might be willing to play.

2 things I'm wondering:

Will they remaster Rexxar mini campaign? Why not release an expansion while you're at it, they're already going to be working under the hood and generating a bunch of hype, why not make an expansion?

Meiam:
2 things I'm wondering:

Will they remaster Rexxar mini campaign? Why not release an expansion while you're at it, they're already going to be working under the hood and generating a bunch of hype, why not make an expansion?

Yes it has Frozen Throne and yes including the Rexxar Campaign:

https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/

Samtemdo8:

Meiam:
2 things I'm wondering:

Oh I meant an actual expansion, not remaster frozen throne too

Meiam:

Samtemdo8:

Meiam:
2 things I'm wondering:

As in another expansion to add upon Warcraft 3 Reforged?

At that point its Warcraft 4.

Samtemdo8:

Meiam:

Samtemdo8:

As in another expansion to add upon Warcraft 3 Reforged?

At that point its Warcraft 4.

I mean using the same engine they just remade. Could even be purely gameplay focus (with no campaign) or some side story campaign or something. It's juts seems strange to get all these peoples used to a new engine and not make something more substantial out of it.

Asita:

Samtemdo8:

CaitSeith:

Yeah.

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

Also in fairness: This isn't a quick turnaround with minimal improvement like so many other remasters (Skyrim, Bioshock...). Warcraft III was released 16 years ago now, and it has not aged especially well visually (cinematics notwithstanding).

I remember giving the original a go a few years back, and the blocky graphics and stiff animations were a turnoff. The remaster, however, I might be willing to play.

I enjoy Warcraft 3 as much as the next guy and I'll probably buy the ''reforged'' version but I'd still much rather get a new game or a sequel than 3 remasters and a mobile game.

I never did get to play the entiretly of WC3(I got just past the point where Arthas becomes the lich king and had to stop playing...and then lost the disk), so this is kinda of cool. I might actually get to play the entire game now.

I'm just curious if it'll be a digital download because honestly that's the big reason I haven't picked it up yet.

Meiam:
(I'll never understand why they made the movie using WC1 story rather than WC3).

Because usually when you adapt something, it's not a good idea to skip to the third installment?

Yes and no.

SCR is technically free, in that you can download SC1 for the b.net app that gets you SC1. Pay $15 and you can SCR with the updated graphics and cinematic slides.

a WC4 would most likely be amazing. Although at this point if they were to do it they would need to just make WoW non cannon or something, the lore is such a freaking mess now.

You could easily have WC4 and WoW alongside each other IMO. Which makes the lack of Warcraft IV all the more frustrating.

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:
3 remasters and a mobile game.

3?

StarCraft, Warcraft III, and...?

Hawki:

Meiam:
(I'll never understand why they made the movie using WC1 story rather than WC3).

Because usually when you adapt something, it's not a good idea to skip to the third installment?

Do the first two games have enough vital story to require playing them first? I'm curious because the only game in the series I played was WC3 and I didn't have any trouble following that only having a vague idea what happened in the prior games. I knew there was a big war between the humans and orcs in the past, apparently the humans won and thus the orcs ended up in internment camps at the beginning of WC3.

And on a vaguely related note, there's a film adaptation of Metal Gear Solid in the works and Metal Gear Solid was the 3rd game in the series. It was also the first game in the series most people actually played, but we'll see how well the film version ends up working out.

Hawki:

Meiam:

Yes and no.

SCR is technically free, in that you can download SC1 for the b.net app that gets you SC1. Pay $15 and you can SCR with the updated graphics and cinematic slides.

a WC4 would most likely be amazing. Although at this point if they were to do it they would need to just make WoW non cannon or something, the lore is such a freaking mess now.

You could easily have WC4 and WoW alongside each other IMO. Which makes the lack of Warcraft IV all the more frustrating.

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:
3 remasters and a mobile game.

3?

"Because usually when you adapt something, it's not a good idea to skip to the third installment? "

By that logic, then Game of Thrones should have begun at the War of Robert's Rebellion.

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

They are even remastering Vanilla WoW.

"Remasters," Blizzard says, "Because we don't know how to make good games anymore, so we'll give you the old shit in a better resolution. That'll shut you up right?"

Give me a break. I hate this company so much right now. They aren't doing a fucking thing but keeping their Overwatch / Hearthstone lootbox train rolling.

Dalisclock:

Do the first two games have enough vital story to require playing them first? I'm curious because the only game in the series I played was WC3 and I didn't have any trouble following that only having a vague idea what happened in the prior games. I knew there was a big war between the humans and orcs in the past, apparently the humans won and thus the orcs ended up in internment camps at the beginning of WC3.

It depends what you mean by "require."

Playing Warcraft III for the first time in an Internet cafe, I had no idea what was going on outside "humans good, orcs bad" (didn't get to play much because my friends were there for the multiplayer). Later getting the game and getting the manual, that helped, but you still need to piece it together. I remember for instance that in the Alliance history section it discusses the Second War ad nauseum, but the First War isn't ever mentioned until the Horde history section, and even then it mostly pertains to Thrall's backstory.

So, it's technically possible, but I'd argue that playing the earlier games would help. As it turned out, the order of me playing the games was 3>1>2. But point being, there's little reason to skip to three straight away IMO, even if it's the strongest of the bunch.

And on a vaguely related note, there's a film adaptation of Metal Gear Solid in the works and Metal Gear Solid was the 3rd game in the series. It was also the first game in the series most people actually played, but we'll see how well the film version ends up working out.

I'll believe it when I see it.

That said, assuming it's a full adaptation, it strikes me as making more sense to adapt Metal Gear, because otherwise you're going to have to get an awful lot of backstory out of the way. Metal Gear Solid is able to convey that backstory well because not only does it have a manual, but it's not beholden to the pacing of a movie. So when Snake is in the cell for instance, and him and Naomi discuss how he killed Big Boss, that can work. In a film though, it would come off more as exposition. In contrast, the plot of Metal Gear is light enough that it can better fit a film, but it would arguably benefit from it since you'd gain a cinematic presentation, whereas most Metal Gear games already have cinematic presentation.

Samtemdo8:

By that logic, then Game of Thrones should have begun at the War of Robert's Rebellion.

No, not really, for a number of reasons.

First, Robert's Rebellion doesn't exist in book form, so there's nothing to adapt per se. Second of all, suppose the showrunners wanted to make the Rebellion season 1 or something, then make GoT (the book) season 2, and so on. That could technically work, but it would be off in the greater scheme of things because of the time jump. You'd likely have to get a set of actors for season 1, then bring in new actors for season 2. If you want an example of this practicality, look at the Shannara Chronicles. Season 1 adapts Elfstones of Shannara. Season 2 creates its own story rather than moving onto Wishsong. You can theorize why, but a common suggestion I can get behind is that because Wishsong effectively gets a new cast of characters (at least main ones), it was probably more cost effective to stick with the original actors and strike out on their own.

And yes, you can point to Shannara as an example of an adaptation skipping the first book, but the gap between Sword and Elfstones is significant. The gap between WC1 and 2? Not so much. Most of the characters who debut in WC1 are still around in some form in WC2.

This is awesome and all, but I'd like to see a remaster of Warcraft II.

Hawki:

Commanderfantasy:

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

Hawki:

Commanderfantasy:

Okay, just never really thought of it as a re-master, more as a re-release (you can argue that's semantics, but meh).

Hawki:

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

Hawki:

Commanderfantasy:

Okay, just never really thought of it as a re-master, more as a re-release (you can argue that's semantics, but meh).

Yeah I guess, still though.

I hope this includes The Frozen Throne. In fact, I'm not interested if it doesn't.

EDIT: Aaaand, I should have read earlier posts.

Adam Jensen:
I hope this includes The Frozen Throne. In fact, I'm not interested if it doesn't.

It does.

I know it's just a remaster of an old game, but it's my freakin' childhood. I'm so hyped. I'll be turning 30 next year and I'm hyped like a fuckin' teenager.

Canadamus Prime:

They've said they'll never do that. Probably becuase it requires actual effort to remaster, instead of just adding a fresh coat of paint

Adam Jensen:
I know it's just a remaster of an old game, but it's my freakin' childhood. I'm so hyped. I'll be turning 30 next year and I'm hyped like a fuckin' teenager.

Here's this other juicy video I failed to link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2zfx5hQ3CE

And the cinematic trailer in English, and it has the same voice actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72UbFQO5-m0

trunkage:

Canadamus Prime:

They've said they'll never do that. Probably becuase it requires actual effort to remaster, instead of just adding a fresh coat of paint

Yeah I know, I can still dream though.

Or they could've, y'know, announced Warcraft 4 and Diablo 4. That's what people actually want.

trunkage:

They did, but last I heard, as of BlizzCon 2017, both WC1 and 2 were back on the table.

KingsGambit:
Or they could've, y'know, announced Warcraft 4 and Diablo 4. That's what people actually want.

Diablo 4 is all but confirmed at this point. They could have announced it, and probably avoided a lot of the backlash for Diablo Immortal in doing so, but it would be confirming what we already know.

(Technically, Wyatt let slip that there's at least two Diablo games in development apart from Immortal, so I think D4 and D2R are pretty much givens at this point.)

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

ARTHAS' STILL HAS HIS OLD VOICE ACTOR IN THIS GAME!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5caBx1qc3E

Finally!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook