Fallout 76 shitstorm continues; this time with collector's edition

Pages PREV 1 2

So apparently they are going to send the bag to the player. I don't understand how things like these happen, they knew going the reception of 76 was going to be tepid at best (even if the game was bug free), they knew people were going to jump on any problem that would happen. How the hell did they not see that coming?

OP Here.

Well, guys, it looks like Bethesda finally caved in; They are promising replacement canvas duffle bags.

https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/status/1069713890806849536

Okay, Bethesda, it's a start. But few things you guys are forgetting

1. The duffle bag debacle could've easily been avoided. Canvas isn't that rare nor expensive material
2. Your 500 atoms remedy was a joke
3. The base games suck ass!

sgy0003:

It's been heavily discounted several times now. I wonder how long before they just say 'fuck it' and make the thing free-to-play.

You know, pull an Evolve on everyone's asses.

sgy0003:
OP Here.

Well, guys, it looks like Bethesda finally caved in; They are promising replacement canvas duffle bags.

Okay, Bethesda, it's a start. But few things you guys are forgetting

1. The duffle bag debacle could've easily been avoided. Canvas isn't that rare nor expensive material
2. Your 500 atoms remedy was a joke

1+2.

What makes it even more egregious is that the collectors edition was $200, apparently. So $60 for the game, however much for the helmet. Honestly, the bag can't have been THAT pricey in comparison and you know you're gonna get shit when you take someone's $200 and decide not to give them exactly what was advertised(other then a working game).

RaikuFA:

Chewster:
This is a pretty impressive albeit not especially surprising bed shitting from Bethesda and I hope they suffer fully for all the drama and hilarious stupidity that has come along with Fallout 76.

On the other hand, Collector's Editions of games are almost always a scam, come with worthless plastic nonsense we don't need so why the hell are people even still buying them?

Last one I bought was Persona 5 and the biggest thing that came with it was a bag that came as advertised and I use it for trips. Rest was a steel book, cd and a cool box I put my magic cards in

I mean, that sounds all right but a lot of the ones I've seen haven't really had anything especially useful IMHO. The last I bought was maybe Grand Theft Auto IV (I got sucked in by the hype) and it came with a flimsy lock box, a small, thin duffel bag that could barely carry anything and an unimpressive art book. I didn't really need any of it. I don't think I ever really used any of it either.

A lot of them seem like a bit of a rip off.

RaikuFA:

Last one I bought was Persona 5 and the biggest thing that came with it was a bag that came as advertised and I use it for trips. Rest was a steel book, cd and a cool box I put my magic cards in

I really hope you have used that bag to carry your cat around at least once:)

sgy0003:
OP Here.

Haha....

Replying to @BethesdaSupport

Well your Form is as broken as the game. #unplayable
not only did you not bother to name the Phone # field properly. It won't accept a .pdf file. Can you do nothing right?

https://twitter.com/Geneticus0/status/1069786863555117056

It sounds like bethesda's duffel bag replacement tool on their website had some bug which leaked the personal info of their power armor edition customers somehow. Including credit card info and whatnot. Welp.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/12/05/a-fallout-76-support-glitch-leaked-players-personal-information-for-all-the-world-to-see/#2353779378d6

Similar thing happened to Steam not so long ago.

Dreiko:
It sounds like bethesda's duffel bag replacement tool on their website had some bug which leaked the personal info of their power armor edition customers somehow. Including credit card info and whatnot. Welp.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/12/05/a-fallout-76-support-glitch-leaked-players-personal-information-for-all-the-world-to-see/#2353779378d6

Wow, it's just one shit after another, isn't it? How much can things go south?

This cavalcade of errors just gets funnier and funnier.

As someone who knew that Fallout 76 would be garbage from the first mentions of the game I get a gleeful cathartic enjoyment from this. It sucks for everyone who has been repeatedly screwed over by this game, but this is all just comedy gold.

Dirty Hipsters:
This cavalcade of errors just gets funnier and funnier.

As someone who knew that Fallout 76 would be garbage from the first mentions of the game I get a gleeful cathartic enjoyment from this. It sucks for everyone who has been repeatedly screwed over by this game, but this is all just comedy gold.

I was one of those people who instantly stopped caring about this game the moment I heard its premise so I didn't even realize how much reused assets it had from FO4 until it had actually come out and people were posting vids of it. It legitimately looks like a mod you could get for free that they're selling. I don't get what's with bethesda and bad online versions of games, this is actually worse than elder scrolls online, which was a huge disappointment for me at the time too.

It continues further, reddit reports that support tickets leak your information to other bethesda account holders.

ResonanceSD:
It continues further, reddit reports that support tickets leak your information to other bethesda account holders.

First reported on Twitter AFAIK... man, their support website got real screwed over by this, 'cos personal e-mail & actual addresses and card type used to make the purchase got distributed by the public tickets.

The response was so blase... without a single reference to the problem directly, just a cursory 'see it'/'sorted it'... eeesh...

First off, Blizzard: Merry Christmas. Bethesda saw you struggling and came through for you guys big time.

Secondly, I can't even process the amount of groveling that Bethesda will have to do to get back into the good graces with customers now. Those casually into Bethesda games will probably be put off by this. The faithful are rattled. And more importantly... For all intents and purposes, Bethesda are just moderately average game designers.

I love their stories, but that's a writer's job. They are the only Permitted American Euro-Jank Company. And that's not going to cut it any more.

We live in a Post-Witcher world. Ghost of Tsushima, Anthem, Dying Light 2... with every new game, Bethesda's dominance gets replaced with Nostalgia. "Remember when a Bethesda game gave us this sort of feeling?"

Honestly, I think I'm more excited to see what they will attempt to get back into our good graces than I am for any game in their future line-up.

What the hell happened to Bethesda? Did they fire everyone and hire a bunch of tweens off twitter? Like the amount of fuck ups going on ...this isn't a company that could even make launch Skyrim with all the bugs.

Silentpony:
What the hell happened to Bethesda? Did they fire everyone and hire a bunch of tweens off twitter? Like the amount of fuck ups going on ...this isn't a company that could even make launch Skyrim with all the bugs.

Maybe they were always like this and were just better at hiding it. Then again, plenty of gamers let them get away with the buggy messes in Oblivion and Skyrim. As Bethesda kept pushing it and pushing it, the veil begins to crack. Either way, they got too arrogant for their own good. I noticed something was up ever since they tried to sue a guy for selling a copy of Evil within 2 unopened. Even though he bought and paid for it, so therefore he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. And the huge problems with Skyrim on PS3, they've yet to fix at all.

EDIT: I think this is the last time I use Google Speak to reply on forums.

How? Just HOW? HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THIS BADLY?

Maybe Bethesda is trying to pull some bizarre Springtime for Hitler thing where they tank their own company for the insurance money or something?

I think we've offically past Shitstorm and upgraded to a Shit Hurricane here. Hell, what's amazing is that this game probably would have ran a year and been forgotten as a mediocre MMO. Instead, it will be remembered not for the game but for the bizarrely incompetant mess surrounding it. Hell, I saw this story show up in Forbes this morning on my mobile news feed. It's out of the gaming news sphere and into the legit news news territory.

And I can see a lawsuit being filed in the near future over this data breach shit.

CoCage:

Silentpony:

Maybe there are always like this and it was just better at hiding it. then again plenty of gamers let them get away with a buggy messes and Oblivion and Skyrim, but but as Bethesda kept pushing it and pushing it, the veil begins to crack. Either way, they got too arrogant for their own good. I noticed something was up ever since they tried to sue a guy for selling a copy of Evil within 2 unopened. Even though he bought and paid for it, so therefore he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. And the huge problem with Skyrim on PS3, they've yet to fix at all.

I dunno, this whole fuck up with F76 feels different. Bethesda has always been bad at making games, sure, but they were never vindictive about. Skyrim was a buggy mess, sure, but the DragonBorn Limited edition didn't ship with a pipecleaner Lydia statue, because the actual sculpted statue in the marketing was too expensive to make.
It feels like they've gone from the Three Stooges of gaming to Snidely Whiplash. They're no longer bumbling around with gaming physics, but actively tying their customers to the train track.

So where are we now that the site to report to for the replacement bags was so messed up that it gave out personal info to other users? Is this the rock-bottom, or do you think they can start digging even deeper still? This is just... I have to imagine someone is getting just destroyed behind a closed door there after the full extent of this fuck-up.

runic knight:
So where are we now that the site to report to for the replacement bags was so messed up that it gave out personal info to other users? Is this the rock-bottom, or do you think they can start digging even deeper still? This is just... I have to imagine someone is getting just destroyed behind a closed door there after the full extent of this fuck-up.

Oh no, this isn't even close to rock bottom. Rock bottom is instead of a refund, Bethesda charges everyone again for the collector's edition, and quietly changes its T&S to say double payments are not refundable, also they legally get your car. And lawyers take them to court, and after 5 years and $500,000 a person in legal fees, the courts rule that Bethesda gets your car every other weekend and Pinkie Pie promises not to have sex in the backseat, unless the spelling of the day they have it ends in Y.

That's close to rock bottom. And its only a few months away.

Silentpony:
Oh no, this isn't even close to rock bottom. Rock bottom is instead of a refund, Bethesda charges everyone again for the collector's edition, and quietly changes its T&S to say double payments are not refundable, also they legally get your car. And lawyers take them to court, and after 5 years and $500,000 a person in legal fees, the courts rule that Bethesda gets your car every other weekend and Pinkie Pie promises not to have sex in the backseat, unless the spelling of the day they have it ends in Y.

That's close to rock bottom. And its only a few months away.

And by that time, Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield comes out, and your voice gets silenced by hype

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here