Freebie Info - Axiom Verge [ENDED]

Bon soir, mes amis, comment ca va? Tous bien? Chouette! Ok, that's enough French for today. Now is the time for more important matters, like free stuff. You all still like that, yes? Today, for you:

Axiom Verge

Axiom Verge will be free on the Epic Game Store until February 21th. You can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library.

Now I know the Epic Store is contentious, but if you like a good old school metroidvania, I wouldn't pass up Axiom Verge. It's a pretty dang good 8-bit style platformer with a banging soundtrack. And hey, it's free anyway.

Have a look if interested and enjoy.

PS: the next freebie from Epic will be Thimbleweed Park starting March 7th.

Please put 'Epic Game Store' in the title, so I can stop wasting my time. I appreciate the heads up and respect you do this purely out of the goodness of your heart...

But fuck Epic Games Store.

Thanks, I've had this game in my wishlist for ages.

I've got it on Steam and Switch already, but the heck with it. I like redundancy.

Kewl

Haven't played but I wouldn't mind trying it. Despite it's rather old-school graphics apparently it's a pretty good metriodvania

Saelune:
Please put 'Epic Game Store' in the title, so I can stop wasting my time. I appreciate the heads up and respect you do this purely out of the goodness of your heart...

Fair enough, I'll keep it in mind and put whoever is doing the giveaway in the title from now on. Been thinking about maybe doing a suggestion thread or something to see what you guys think would improve these threads.

Dalisclock:
Haven't played but I wouldn't mind trying it. Despite it's rather old-school graphics apparently it's a pretty good metriodvania

I think it is. Good music, nice difficulty curve, a pretty decent story, lots of optional areas to explore and items to find. You can even sequence break. The graphics aren't the only old school thing about tho. Like old Metroids, it's kind of Guide Dang It and gives you little direction on where to go or what is/isn't a breakable/passable block.

Big tip. The second weapon you find, the Kilver? It will be your best friend.

Chimpzy:

Saelune:

Fair enough, I'll keep it in mind and put whoever is doing the giveaway in the title from now on. Been thinking about maybe doing a suggestion thread or something to see what you guys think would improve these threads.

Dalisclock:

I think it is. Good music, nice difficulty curve, a pretty decent story, lots of optional areas to explore and items to find. You can even sequence break. The graphics aren't the only old school thing about tho. Like old Metroids, it's kind of Guide Dang It and gives you little direction on where to go or what is/isn't a breakable/passable block.

Big tip. The second weapon you find, the Kilver? It will be your best friend.

Sorry if I came off as rude by the way, what you do with these is really nice of you.

Saelune:

I thought Axiom Verge was on steam too?

Silentpony:

Saelune:

I thought Axiom Verge was on steam too?

It is not being given away for free on Steam. But yes, it is on Steam which is why I checked this topic in the first place, then was bummed when it was via the shitty Epic Game store service.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here