Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice story trailer, PC specs

That's about as much as I want to know until March 22nd.

Only 25 gigs? In a time of all new games being 50+ gigs this is actually a welcome surprise.

Dirty Hipsters:
Only 25 gigs? In a time of all new games being 50+ gigs this is actually a welcome surprise.

No surprise. Same engine as DkS3 and looks similar in terms of presentation and graphics. I guess skipping all those long boring cutscenes also shrinks the file size considerably. :p

stroopwafel:

Dirty Hipsters:

No surprise. Same engine as DkS3 and looks similar in terms of presentation and graphics. I guess skipping all those long boring cutscenes also shrinks the file size considerably. :p

It will probably have more storytelling sequences than SoulsBorne but yeah, I'm sure it'll still feel like a FROM game. I'll be preordering on PC when the release details confirm it'll be sans micro trans.

As much as I love MK I think I'm looking forward to this more overall, because it's significantly different, but still containing the critical dna.

I've gotten into the smart habit of waiting and buying new games later after reviews, bug fixes, cheaper, etc. But this will be my first day one purchase in a while. I may even pre-order it, because why not, 100% chance I am going to play it. It's Miyazaki, duh.

If I preorder this it needs to be my last for at least a couple years. Still haven't yet gotten through...

-Dark Souls 3 and DLCs
-The Witcher 3 and DLCs
-Kingdom Come: Deliverance
-Mad Max
-Mafia 3
-Red Dead Redemption 2

...to name a few of the more notables. There are others like Doom 2016, Wolfenstein: TNO, The Evil Within, Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut, Infamous Second Son, MGSV's second act, but they're not really priorities even from a gaming perspective.

Really though, considering it's a single player only game that will probably have its own DLC(s), I might just wait it out and check off a few on that list first. It could go either way.

hanselthecaretaker:
If I preorder this it needs to be my last for at least a couple years. Still haven?t yet gotten through...

-Dark Souls 3 and DLCs
-The Witcher 3 and DLCs
-Mad Max
-Mafia 3
-Red Dead Redemption 2

...to name a few of the more notables. There are others like Doom 2016, Wolfenstein: TNO, The Evil Within, Deus Ex: HR Director?s Cut, Infamous Second Son, MGSV?s second act, but they?re not really priorities even from a gaming perspective.

Really though, considering it?s a single player only game that will probably have its own DLC(s), I might just wait it out and check off a few on that list first. It could go either way.

In my experience when I drop a game or put it on the backburner for too long it indicates at some level I'm not really enjoying it and the chances of me actually returning to said game are marginal. And even when I do return, I'd end up dropping it again. I had that with Monster Hunter World, AC Oddysey, Witcher 3 DLC(had more than my fill with the base game) just to name a few. And these aren't even games I actively disliked just games I have no further desire to play. Other games I play very rarely, like RDR2, but still really enjoy them when I'm in the mood.

From Software games though are in their own league entirely and I literally can't stop playing those games. Only other game I couldn't stop playing was RE2 Remake. Some games are just like that and are the sole reason why I love the hobby so much. I'd say try all those games on your list for a bit and then make a top 3 of games you really enjoy the most and skip the rest. That way if DkS3 is in the top 3 you'll know if you want to play Sekiro right away considering it's different but still the same From Software goodness. Life's too short to waste on mediocre experiences. :p Espescially considering how time intensive many games are.

stroopwafel:

hanselthecaretaker:
If I preorder this it needs to be my last for at least a couple years. Still haven?t yet gotten through...

-Dark Souls 3 and DLCs
-The Witcher 3 and DLCs
-Mad Max
-Mafia 3
-Red Dead Redemption 2

...to name a few of the more notables. There are others like Doom 2016, Wolfenstein: TNO, The Evil Within, Deus Ex: HR Director?s Cut, Infamous Second Son, MGSV?s second act, but they?re not really priorities even from a gaming perspective.

Really though, considering it?s a single player only game that will probably have its own DLC(s), I might just wait it out and check off a few on that list first. It could go either way.

In my experience when I drop a game or put it on the backburner for too long it indicates at some level I'm not really enjoying it and the chances of me actually returning to said game are marginal. And even when I do return, I'd end up dropping it again. I had that with Monster Hunter World, AC Oddysey, Witcher 3 DLC(had more than my fill with the base game) just to name a few. And these aren't even games I actively disliked just games I have no further desire to play. Other games I play very rarely, like RDR2, but still really enjoy them when I'm in the mood.

From Software games though are in their own league entirely and I literally can't stop playing those games. Only other game I couldn't stop playing was RE2 Remake. Some games are just like that and are the sole reason why I love the hobby so much. I'd say try all those games on your list for a bit and then make a top 3 of games you really enjoy the most and skip the rest. That way if DkS3 is in the top 3 you'll know if you want to play Sekiro right away considering it's different but still the same From Software goodness. Life's too short to waste on mediocre experiences. :p Espescially considering how time intensive many games are.

Thanks for the suggestion. My issue is mainly time, or lack thereof to finish the often lengthy games I do enjoy. So I keep hopping from one to another to get a different taste at least, in substitution of playing through their entirety and feeling like I'm missing out on something.

First world problems lol.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here