Nintendo Direct february 13th 5 pm E.T. ! you know the drill, prediction, hope, complaining, etc...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So finally, we get the first nintendo direct of 2019. Fire emblem is sure to be present because it's in the direct announcement. What else can we see ?

i think the star fox race game might show up, now that retro have taken over metroid prime 4. spyro have been leak by retailers, so it might as well show up there. i would bet that AC III remaster might ended up be announced. They will probably announced a new smash dlc fighter too.

i dont think we will se anomal crossing or pokemon, because they will keep that for E3.

i think they will be no games announced for the 3ds, marking it official death.

Well, I was holding out for Metroid Prime 4, but we all know that ain't happening.
Damn you, Namco Bandai, for not bringing your S game.

I wouldn't mind announcements for Mario 3D World or Tokyo Mirage Sessions tho. Yeah, that's more Wii U to Switch ports, but I don't have a Wii U and I'm not gonna get one for 2-3 games. It's sort of selfish, but whatever. Suck it.

Chimpzy:
I wouldn't mind announcements for Mario 3D World or Tokyo Mirage Sessions tho. Yeah, that's more Wii U to Switch ports, but I don't have a Wii U and I'm not gonna get one for 2-3 games. It's sort of selfish, but whatever. Suck it.

A Wonderful 101 announcement would be one game closer for me to actually get a Switch.

Phoenixmgs:

Chimpzy:

A Wonderful 101 announcement would be one game closer for me to actually get a Switch.

Fully 3D, Skyrim-level Pokemon for me.

Doubt we'll get Pokemon, because that's likely to be late in the year. Doubt we'll see Metroid Prime 4 for the same reason. Don't need to see any more of Yoshi's Crafted World; we've already got plenty of gameplay footage, nothing more is required.

So, wanna see Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion 3. The first is already confirmed, happily.

Gameplay footage of Persona's Joker in Smash Ultimate most likely as well as his release date.

And possibly the annoucement of the next Smash Ultimate DLC character.

Samtemdo8:
And possibly the annoucement of the next Smash Ultimate DLC character.

There was a short exchange on Twitter between the voice actress of Shantae and Edelgard (Christina Vee) and a dev for Shantae that said she'd voice a character in Smash. If they weren't taking the piss out of us, I'd guess Edelgard will be announced for Smash during the appropriately Fire Emblem-themed Direct.

Considering Roy and Corrin, seems like adding the main character from a yet-to-be released Fire Emblem game has become Smash tradition.

Silvanus:
Doubt we'll see Metroid Prime 4 for the same reason.

you do remember that metroid prime 4 was restarted with retro studios last month and that we will probably not see this game until 2021 or 2022 right ?

with the success they got with civ VI apparently, i hope that 2k would port Xcom series to the switch.

cathou:
So finally, we get the first nintendo direct of 2019. Fire emblem is sure to be present because it's in the direct announcement. What else can we see ?

i think the star fox race game might show up, now that retro have taken over metroid prime 4. spyro have been leak by retailers, so it might as well show up there. i would bet that AC III remaster might ended up be announced. They will probably announced a new smash dlc fighter too.

i dont think we will se anomal crossing or pokemon, because they will keep that for E3.

i think they will be no games announced for the 3ds, marking it official death.

I predict unrealistic expectations and a lot of people who will never buy a Switch watching and then complaining.

In all seriousness I expect the centerpiece will be Fire Emblem with a smattering of smaller titles to preview what the year is going to be like

cathou:

you do remember that metroid prime 4 was restarted with retro studios last month and that we will probably not see this game until 2021 or 2022 right ?

I do. I just meant that we're not going to see it due to its distance from release.

I predict more 3rd party game announcements that people disregard and complain about because they aren't a different 3rd Party title instead.

I predict a green dinosaur sitting in front of a computer monitor with a box of tissues and a bottle of lotion.

Otherwise, they will talk about the new Fire Emblem game, maybe a new bayonetta 3 teaser, probably another Mario of some kind for the year. Upcoming ports of old ass games (like Final Fantasy games).

And hopefully a new pokemon generation game.

Fire Emblem got announced to have a presence so I already got all I want out of it.

Hades:
Fire Emblem got announced to have a presence so I already got all I want out of it.

FE will be the main focus of the Direct since thats comiing out pretty soon in Spring

Information on the first mainline Pok?mon game for Switch, and if the planets align also news on a remake of the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum line of Pok?mon games.

I hope they speak about how shit their online is and how they will fix it.

I demand a youtube apology from the president of Nintendo.

I refuse to purchase Smash bros ultimate until The online is not shit.

Hopefully some animal crossing stuff.

Pie in the sky hope is more Splatoon content. Or at least more English merch like translated art books.

Joker being in Smash....hmmm I actually wouldn't mind a Person 5 port to Switch. Or better yet a Persona Collection with 3,4,5 all together in one spot.

There's a lot of rumors about a Metroid Prime Trilogy port, and I'm here desperately trying not to get my hopes up.

Aside from that, I'm just looking forward to more info and announcements. Maybe some footage from Joker in Smash.

More indie ports.

CaitSeith:
More indie ports.

Tons of 'em.

CaitSeith:
More indie ports.

they already had their Nindies showcase a couple of weeks ago so no.

Yoshi178:

CaitSeith:
More indie ports.

they already had their Nindies showcase a couple of weeks ago so no.

We'll see.

Super Mario Maker 2 for Switch.

Ok so far.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

New Platinum Games game. Astral Chains.

So, Fire Emblem's gone full school anime...

Samtemdo8:
LINK'S AWAKENING REMAKE?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U-_XfDGgDw

Boo!

So, highlights:

-Mario Maker 2 out in June
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 out in summer
-Bloodstained out in Summer
-DQXIS: Definitive Edition, complete with the ability to switch between 3D and 2D graphics, Japanese voiceover, and includes midi tunes as well as the orchestral tracks.
-Rune Factory 4 Special and Rune Factory 5
-Fire Emblem: Three Houses
-Daemon x Machina demo
-Tetris 99 out today
-FFIX....OUT TODAY!
-FFVII out March 26
-Astral Chain by Platinum Games
-Link's Awakening remake

good times

Aiddon:
So, highlights:

-DQXIS: Definitive Edition, complete with the ability to switch between 3D and 2D graphics, Japanese voiceover, and includes midi tunes as well as the orchestral tracks.
-Daemon x Machina demo
-Tetris 99 out today
-FFIX....OUT TODAY!
-FFVII out March 26
-Link's Awakening remake

good times

they aren't Red Dead Redemption 2 so they don't count.

Yoshi178:

Aiddon:
So, highlights:

-Daemon x Machina demo
-Tetris 99 out today
-FFIX....OUT TODAY!
-FFVII out March 26
-Link's Awakening remake

good times

they aren't Red Redemption 2 so they don't count.

I know you like to think im a shit stain for never being satisfied with what nintendo is getting but I will say that I am happy with this.

Marvel Ult Ally 3
Bloodstained
Astral Chain

All of those look good, plus the usual nintendo offerings.

This was a decent preview.

I can't believe Captain Toad is still a thing...

It was pretty sweet. Astral Chain looks cool. At first, I was immediately bummed because it reminded me of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, a game that reminded me how to hate, but it looks nice. Being developed by Platinum is a huge plus. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is actually coming! I've waited so long! Venom! Iron Fist! Storm! Fire Emblem: Three Houses... Yeah, fine, school setting. Whatever. Just let me smash my armies together. I'm not exactly sure how to feel about DaemonXMachina, even after playing the demo. I don't hate it, but it doesn't feel fun.

I'm also interested in getting some games I hadn't played or completed before. FF, Link's Awakening, DQ, and Rune Factory will be interesting, but they aren't at the top of my list.

This was a pretty good direct. Lots to look forward to.

Astral Chain looks... *sunglasses* Off the Chain. *badumtish*

The Daemon X Machina Demo is...Well, it confirms what I could already tell. Feels clunky and looks messy, but it's a serviceable Gundam type game, and considering I have a Custom Robo shaped hole in my heart... I'll likely grab this when it comes out.

I'm glad to see Rune Factory 4 get remastered, but...Unless they revamped the dialogue so that Forte isn't bland as plain bread outside of main story moments, I'm not likely to pick it up. Seriously, the game was great, but all the bachelorettes were...Kinda lame. Dolce was the most fun, but comes paired with THE most annoying side character ever, and Forte is great when the main story is rolling, but boring otherwise. :s

Rune Factory 5, though...Pleeaaaaase be good. The series has always been so close to a home run for me, but always misses something critical. The first game was unrefined, The third game...Well, it's not it's fault, the convention stand where I picked it up gave me the first game instead by accident, 4 had mostly boring characters...And Frontier was basically perfect except for the runey system that ruined EVERYTHING by demanding babysitting and being a pain in the ass about it. So I REALLY want the series to have an unequivocably great entry that I can love without reservation.

Glad to see Bloodstained FINALLY coming out, I'm tempted to buy FF9 on the Switch despite owning it on PC already but never got around to it, Link's Awakening playmobil art style has me going "eeeehhhhhhh"...

And for some weird reason, making Fire Emblem into Hogwarts with Swords, BTW you're the Professor has me very intrigued, which it shouldn't, because I don't really forsee this ending up with a compelling plotline.

Finally...Switch getting the definitive edition of the latest Dragon Quest...Exclusively...THAT'S a shock. I can imagine a lot of people are real salty about that.

Astral Chain looks like one of those games where if you made it exclusive for the Switch it'd be worth getting a Switch over. Super duper incredible hype. Need more info.

Had known of the new DQ11 version a while ago so this wasn't news, they do tend to make those re-releases which have a bit more content. It's one of those games where even the base version has something like 130 hours of playtime so it's hard to be disappointed.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here