Nintendo Direct february 13th 5 pm E.T. ! you know the drill, prediction, hope, complaining, etc...

Pages PREV 1 2

Links Awakening remake *sigh* I really am going to have to buy a Switch at some point. I keep saying this, but the games I want to play keeps increasing.

Aiddon:
So, highlights:

-Mario Maker 2 out in June
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 out in summer
-Bloodstained out in Summer
-DQXIS: Definitive Edition, complete with the ability to switch between 3D and 2D graphics, Japanese voiceover, and includes midi tunes as well as the orchestral tracks.
-Rune Factory 4 Special and Rune Factory 5
-Fire Emblem: Three Houses
-Daemon x Machina demo
-Tetris 99 out today
-FFIX....OUT TODAY!
-FFVII out March 26
-Astral Chain by Platinum Games
-Link's Awakening remake

good times

Damnation, I was hoping for Pokemon news. But that is quite the line up so hey, points for their actual fans rather than the grumps like me that just play Pokemon :P

Don't mind more Fire Emblem. Not sure how I feel about the school setting. I blame Valkyria Chronicles 2 for that. Other than that, Dragon Quest XI and Rune Factory catch my fancy. I always liked 2D Zelda more than 3D, so that's neat. Oninaki looks pretty interesting. See how that turns out. The rest I'll look into later.

No Mario 3D World port announced. With an upcoming new Mario and the recent NSMBU port tho, it probably won't be soon. That's fine. Would've liked Tokyo Mirage Sessions tho. Can't have everything.

Overall, pretty satisfied with my Switch prospects.

Yoshi178:
Nindies

TIL Nintendo coined that. Thought it was a fan term. Not sure whether I think it's a fun play on words, or sort of lame. Maybe both? Like a dad joke. You roll your eyes at it, but it gets a chuckle anyway.

Chimpzy:

Yoshi178:
Nindies

TIL Nintendo coined that. Thought it was a fan term. Not sure whether I think it's a fun play on words, or sort of lame. Maybe both? Like a dad joke. You roll your eyes at it, but it gets a chuckle anyway.

it's definitely both of those things.

It seems the JP direct had this extra game I didn't notice being in the direct:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krJk2jwfPD8

Oni no naku kuni/Land where the Oni cry

Looks like a pretty cool rpg by square. Based on the trailer (since it's in JP I figure I should describe it a bit) you play as this guy who can travel to the afterlife version of the world and save people who died but failed to move on/reincarnate and has to try and not be saddened by the whole affair.

It's made by the I am Setsuna people so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Dreiko:
It seems the JP direct had this extra game I didn't notice being in the direct:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krJk2jwfPD8

Oni no naku kuni/Land where the Oni cry

I remember seeing that in the Direct.

Interested in:

Oninaki (the game mentioned above, named differently in Japan);
Link's Awakening Remake
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Fire Emblem
Astral Chain

Still slightly disappointed.