Metro: Exodus reviews and Hollow Knight 2 reveal

Begrudging acknowledgements, entropy-imprisoned flesh biscuits! Indie darling Hollow Knight team; erm, Team Cherry reveals for us a sequel to the impressively priced Hollow Knight they are calling Silksong. Can only put the link to trailer here instead of embed a youtube, so a wee little faith is required that it is what I claims it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c

And the official page for nosier types;

http://hollowknightsilksong.com/?

And the blog for people with noses on noses like some fractal Cronenburg knightmare;

http://teamcherry.com.au/hollow-knight-silksong/

The team says;

Almost from the very start, Hornet's adventure was intended to take place in a new land, but as we dove in, it quickly became too large and too unique to stay a DLC, as initially planned. We do know that makes the wait a little longer, but we think the final, fresh world you'll get to explore is worth it.

Hollow Knight: Silksong will be available, at launch, on Windows, Mac, Linux & Nintendo Switch. More platforms may happen! Just remember, we're 3 people, already working rather hard, so we haven't committed to anything else just yet. We don't wanna collapse before we get this massive bug kingdom ready for you.

So no date specified yet, but trailer looks to promise more the same arthropodic stimulation.

Metro: Exodus is already out in the near future! However, reviews got there first, and so is the time to cautiously observe what numbers mean once more...

PS4:79
PC: 84
Xbone:81

there's no pleasing PS4 players these days

Now in classic utilitarian democratic fashion, a review from highest, lowest and euro...uh, middle score to cover any particular confirmation bias you may be seeking;

Lowest: hah! Sorry, I meant...here 60.

Highest: blimey, this one's a 90!

Last but probably also least, the euro...uhh, middle score: Fuck knows

Hopefully that pleases almost everyone. If not, tell all in cutting abrasive comment form! Has any flesh biscuit any fleshy opinions on this informations? Thoughts on seeing Metro through to its (final?) conclusion? I suppose I should go back and actually try and complete Last Light this time, while hoping it doesn't glitch trap my save file as a barrier to progression again.

It doesn't surprise me to see Metro reviewing well. That company produces quality every game, the only real issue with the game was the whole Epic store thing which means I would expect the users to possibly metabomb the game.

Also I am happy for the folks who like Hollow Knight so they can have another game to play. That's very cool to see good indie success like that.

Metro is big win for me.

this along with Doom Eternal will be 2 best games this year. i cant choose either if i take Metro immersive world and atmosphere or Doom fast paced action and badassery.

Forgot to add Hollow Knight: Silksong screenshots which I can't edit into OP without causing a lot of annoying edity issues;

Metro doesn't release till next year so I don't care. But Hollow Knight 2, that has my attention, the first game was an utterly fantastic game that arose from an unholy union between Metroid and Dark Souls, with Miyazaki as the midwife.

Worgen:
Metro doesn't release till next year so I don't care. But Hollow Knight 2, that has my attention, the first game was an utterly fantastic game that arose from an unholy union between Metroid and Dark Souls, with Miyazaki as the midwife.

What? Metro comes out tomorrow.

CritialGaming:

Worgen:

What? Metro comes out tomorrow.

It might come out tomorrow on the epic store, it might not. I'm not bothering with it so till it comes to steam or gog, its unreleased for me.

I just finished Hollow Knight a few weeks ago. Fun game. Looking forward to the sequel.

Oh... Towns. Hopefully more characters too. Hollow Knight did feel empty

Hollow Knight was really good. I'm looking forward to more of it.

trunkage:

Wasn't that kind of the point? That whole Dark Souls-ish feel of operating out of a slowely populating hub area and exploring a vast fallen kingdom and it's outskirts. Yeah, I'm sure it didn't orginate with Dark Souls by a long shot but I can't think of any similar examples off the top of my head.

I am excited about this. Which means that as soon as I finish AC:Odyessy I need to hurry up and finish Hollow Knight.

I fucking loved Hollow Knight. I'm ecstatic about this.

Edit: anyone catch the lava area in the trailer? Looks like they're making use of the stuff they made for the Bone Forest, which was cut from the first instalment.

Dalisclock:

trunkage:

Wasn't that kind of the point? That whole Dark Souls-ish feel of operating out of a slowely populating hub area and exploring a vast fallen kingdom and it's outskirts. Yeah, I'm sure it didn't orginate with Dark Souls by a long shot but I can't think of any similar examples off the top of my head.

I am excited about this. Which means that as soon as I finish AC:Odyessy I need to hurry up and finish Hollow Knight.

I could imagine it being like a Fallout, where there are a few settlements trying to eck out some sort. Where Hollow Knight, I have no idea why you'd call the town a town when there is one person selling things, a grandpa and an idiot. That feels like Dark Souls 1, where I'm probably looking for a Majula (even if you build it up too)

Metro sounds like what I expected. Amazing visuals of the world and sound design, while delivering a mediocre story with bad voice-acting. After replaying Metro 2033 and Last Light for the first time just these past two weeks has shown me that was what the first two games were.

Never played Hollow Knight, but it looks pretty good and I love the insect theme of it. I'll probably pick and play both eventually.

Elfgore:

Never played Hollow Knight, but it looks pretty good and I love the insect theme of it. I'll probably pick and play both eventually.

If you enjoy Metriodvania games at all, Hollow Knight will probably more then satisfy you. The Beautiful Artwork and Music are just the icing on the cake.

Ok, make a game about Hornet. But we all know who the protagonist of Hollow Knight 3 should be.

The fuck is a Metro?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here