These new Sony exclusive game cases are pretty stylish

For their "Only on PlayStation" collection.

Too bad they're only available in the UK so far.

Bruh, why am I poor? Cause that shit is snazzy as hell. If I had the money, I'd totally splurge and buy the Spider-Man, Horizon, and God of War ones. They're pretty amazing.

I want Shadow of the Colossus and Bloodborne.

Sometimes I feel mabye I should have gotten my own PS4 over a Nintendo Switch.

meh. the standard Blu Ray case's look better.

Samtemdo8:

Why not have both?

Black Friday sales are coming soon. i got my PS4 during last years sale when it was cheap. got like 3 games free with black friday bundle too.

Yoshi178:

Samtemdo8:

Why not have both?

Black Friday sales are coming soon. i got my PS4 during last years sale when it was cheap. got like 3 games free with black friday bundle too.

1. Finances are short for me now.

2. Waiting for the announcement that a Playstation 5 will be backwards compatible with PS4 Discs.

Look pretty neat! Hope they cross the pond soon.

Digital distribution is here to stay, and someday publishers will have their dream and it'll be the only way to get games... but I'm old and stuck in my ways, so that is one future change that I refuse to adopt until I'm given literally no alternative. If I'm gonna be collecting physical media anyway, may as well go with what looks good.

They look really cool. I don't think the blue is right for the Bloodborne one though, maybe a blood/rust colour similar to the cover of the Gamecubes Resi Evil remake.

Those are some nice pieces of high contrast art, I love how the back is just a small symbol on all of them.

They would look nice in a collection.

I've never been a huge fan of those two-tone style minimalist covers, and these aren't much of an exception.

Kinda neat, I guess, but just being minimalist doesn't add much. I'd much rather these exclussive game cases have special art designed specifically for the game. There's loads of concept art they could've used that would've worked better. But I guess it is eye catching at least.

ChupathingyX:
I've never been a huge fan of those two-tone style minimalist covers, and these aren't much of an exception.

Myeah, it doesn't really work for all of them, with the sort-of exception of WipeOut. Mostly because that always had a minimalist neo-tokyo art style to begin with, so it's least somewhat consistent with older artwork.

Kinda surprised Sony even remembers the franchise exists tho.

Chimpzy:

ChupathingyX:

Myeah, it doesn't really work for all of them, with the sort-of exception of WipeOut. Mostly because that always had a minimalist neo-tokyo art style to begin with, so it's least somewhat consistent with older artwork.

Kinda surprised Sony even remembers the franchise exists tho.

That actually looks incredibly retro; like it was ripped straight out of 80's sci-fi.

hanselthecaretaker:

Chimpzy:
snip

That actually looks incredibly retro; like it was ripped straight out of 80's sci-fi.

That's not all that surprising. All of the artwork done for the early Wipeout games was done by the Designer's Republic, a British design company mostly known for their work in late 80's and early 90's electronic music. They were notably influenced by neo-futuristic architecture, the works of Syd Mead and 80s sci-fi anime like Akira.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here