We launched a new show on Escapist today called, The Joy of Gaming

Hey all,

We just launched a new show on Escapist today called The Joy of Gaming, hosted by Nate Najda or better known as Shinobi602 on Twitter.

The show is all about talking about games positively. The first episode breaks down the combat encounter design of the Gears of War series.

Hope you'll give it a look!

https://youtu.be/8eZpqQHBXuA

Tabbing this for later! :)

Ah, Gears, the poster boy for cover-based shooting. Despite all the moaning about it ruining third person shooters forever, I rather enjoyed the 360 games (minus Judgment). They're not exactly Tolstoy, but turning mooks into extra chunky salsa was stupidly satisfying.

I gave the new show a look. I like it. I'm mean, I'm subbed to about two dozen YT channels that do similar video game analysis content, it's my kind of thing. Speaking of, whatever happened to Shamus Young's columns? Haven't seen much of him lately, either here or on his website.

Chimpzy:
Ah, Gears, the poster boy for cover-based shooting. Despite all the moaning about it ruining third person shooters forever, I rather enjoyed the 360 games (minus Judgment). They're not exactly Tolstoy, but turning mooks into extra chunky salsa was stupidly satisfying.

I gave the new show a look. I like it. I'm mean, I'm subbed to about two dozen YT channels that do similar video game analysis content, it's my kind of thing. Speaking of, whatever happened to Shamus Young's columns? Haven't seen much of him lately, either here or on his website.

The series won't really be so much about analyzing games like this one. We're still finding the voice for it, but it'll be a variety of topics and Nate touching on all kinds of different games and breaking down why they're enjoyable. I think the next episode will do a better job of that.

Shamus put his column on hiatus to go do some other projects of his own for now. We'll be introducing quite a few new names to do video game column pieces though over the next little bit. You should have seen two op-eds already on Generation Zero and A Plague Tale. We've got more on the way, including a new series that's going to really focus on indie titles.

Chimpzy:

Horde Mode was the shit back then.

In Gears 2 there was this map that it felt like the Ramelle battle in Saving Private Ryan.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here