[GIVEAWAY] Call of Duty Modern Warfare Beta Codes

Hey folks,

Got some Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta codes to giveaway, so wanted to make sure you guys here in the forums got some.

Enjoy and please indicate which code you used so others know which not to try. Thanks!

If those would work on steam then it would be fun to try out since its been awhile since I got into a cod game. But, no thanks for the blizzard launcher. Cool that we got codes though.

I don't just want to take a bunch so I'm going to hang back and see what the demand is for these things. I would love to snag a code and two more for my two CoD buddies. I don't imagine demand at a place like The Escapist will be high but I don't just want to grab a bunch and make someone else miss out.

I'm still shaky on this CoD game as I've really gone away from multiplayer (playing exclusively Blackout mode that won't be in the new game) but maybe some free beta time will change my mind...

EDIT: I will take the top three codes as it looks like the demand is kind of what I expected...

Codes are still available folks. Grab em while they're hot.

Not interested in this particular game at all, but I wanted to say that I absolutely love this idea and hope we see more of it!

How far Call of Duty has fallen, you can't even give it away.

Avnger:
Not interested in this particular game at all, but I wanted to say that I absolutely love this idea and hope we see more of it!

Back on OnlySP I used to do a big Summer Giveaway event which was basically an all day livestream event and we gave out a ton of codes from indie developers who supported the event. Planning on bringing that back to the Escapist. We were going to do a Extra Life stream about a month ago, but got too busy, so probably going to do it in November with a big giveaway to try and get some community events going again once we're done with our big projects - Darkest Dungeon documentary, Cover Story #1 and EGLX.

Drathnoxis:

Let's be honest though, it's not like no one here likes CoD, but this forum as a whole has never been the most avid fan.

This is the site where the term "spunkgargleweewee" was coined after all.

Not that we don't appreciate the effort that goes into setting up giveaways like this. We do.

Chimpzy:

Drathnoxis:

Let's be honest though, it's not like no one here likes CoD, but this forum as a whole has never been the most avid fan.

This is the site where the term "spunkgargleweewee" was coined after all.

^This

The game could have been offered when Modern Warfare (the original) was released and most here wouldn't care. CoD (or sport games) have never been this places bag.

I (and my two friends I also snagged codes for) have the game downloading now and I look forward to getting home from work tonight and giving it a good Test Drive.

I dont want to use Blizzard's launcher and I dont care for betas. I got burnt out on betas after the 5th or 6th one my friends tried to drag me into.

I actually like Call of Duty though.

I'm kind of digging the game. It has a more "realistic" feel (not ever gonna be confused with something like ARMA but you're not able to Halo Hop all over the place anymore).

The new Gun Game (or whatever it was called, the 2v2 mode) is pretty neat. That's a lot more simulationy (still not ARMA but I would say it is very similar to a game like Rainbow Six Siege) and the small map makes for an interesting dynamic.

I doubt this will change my mind to buy it at launch as it is basically more Call of Duty and I've kind of given up on multiplayer outside of Blackout (the Battle Royale mode that they have said won't be in this game) but I might dabble in the multiplayer a bit once I do finally buy it for the campaign mode.

tippy2k2:
I'm kind of digging the game. It has a more "realistic" feel (not ever gonna be confused with something like ARMA but you're not able to Halo Hop all over the place anymore).

The new Gun Game (or whatever it was called, the 2v2 mode) is pretty neat. That's a lot more simulationy (still not ARMA but I would say it is very similar to a game like Rainbow Six Siege) and the small map makes for an interesting dynamic.

I doubt this will change my mind to buy it at launch as it is basically more Call of Duty and I've kind of given up on multiplayer outside of Blackout (the Battle Royale mode that they have said won't be in this game) but I might dabble in the multiplayer a bit once I do finally buy it for the campaign mode.

You should try the Cyber Attack mode if you haven't yet. It's like a faster paced Search and Destroy with one life per round and revives. Super fun.

Nick Calandra:

tippy2k2:

You should try the Cyber Attack mode if you haven't yet. It's like a faster paced Search and Destroy with one life per round and revives. Super fun.

We generally go with Headquarters and the 2v2 mode. Cyber Attack looked neat so I'll see if I can convince my CoD buddies to give it a try.

Unfortunately one of them really isn't enjoying it so we've been going back to Blackout instead.

The last one I played was Infinite Warfare and I had a lot of mixed feelings about it(I loved the whole space campaign setting but a lot of the rest was lacking). I skipped WW2 because it sounded meh and BO4 because it was MP only, so depending on how this ones campaign ends up being, I may or may not end up grabbing it at some point.

But so far info on the campaign has been somewhat lacking, it seems.

Dalisclock:
The last one I played was Infinite Warfare and I had a lot of mixed feelings about it(I loved the whole space campaign setting but a lot of the rest was lacking). I skipped WW2 because it sounded meh and BO4 because it was MP only, so depending on how this ones campaign ends up being, I may or may not end up grabbing it at some point.

But so far info on the campaign has been somewhat lacking, it seems.

Campaign reveal is coming at the end of the month, and we should be getting early review code for it. I'm pretty excited for it, I really dug the beta. Everything just feels better and the game finally ditch the god awful arena shit they've been trying to design maps around since like Black Ops 3.

WWII had this map design and it completely ruined the game for me, I think I played like 5 matches of multiplayer and put it away for that reason. They always design maps around 3 lanes and it's so infuriatingly mind numbing that I just couldn't do it anymore. With this new Modern Warfare, they finally went back to designing maps in a more natural layout and it's just a million times better and I'm not always getting shot in the back or just sprinting in circles around a map.

https://www.cnet.com/news/modern-warfare-spec-ops-survival-mode-exclusive-campaign-trailer-and-release-date/

Well that's pretty unfortunate.

I'm not a huge fan of horde modes so it won't affect me, but it sucks that a mode that people want to play will be a time locked exclusive for an entire year. If it was the entire spec ops mode and not just survival I probably wouldn't bother with the game.

Also not a fan of the fact that loot boxes will have guns in them.

I personally think that cosmetic loot boxes are fine, but the moment loot boxes change the balance of the game it makes me want to quit that game.

It made me quit Black Ops 3, it made me quit Payday 2, and it'll probably make me quit this game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here