Freebie Info - Freespace 2 [ENDED]

Going to space going there can't wait gotta go. Space. Going. Today, in space:

Freespace 2

Freespace 2 will be free at GOG until September 27th till 1PM UTC. All you need to do is make sure you are logged into your GOG account, then simply click the Freespace 2 button in the banner at the top of the main page (link provided above). Done. Game will show up in your library shortly. Includes extra's like a manual, wallpaper, reference card and the soundtrack.

Have a look if interested and enjoy.

Oh, I remember the first one. Descent: FreeSpace. Underrated gem if I ever seen one.

I haven't done any space sims since the ancient days of Wing Commander 1/2/Privateer. This is as good a time as any to see why this game got so much buzz from that crowd.

Ah man, some really good fond memories of this game. Its a shame that the online component probably no longer works as it was my first big online game community, complete with persistent rankings and medals earned for completing co-op missions

Hot Damn- I've had this on my GOG wishlist for over a year now, ever since someone here (I think it was Arnoxthe1? Not sure) told me it's the greatest story based space dogfighting this side of TIE Fighter.

Snapped it up in a heartbeat. Thanks for the heads up.

I'd make a joke about a game called "FreeSpace" being free, but even I have standards.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here