Poll: October is nearly here. Are you planning on a spooky gaming theme?

Pages PREV 1 2

Worgen:

Elfgore:
I've been fucking trying, nothing is sticking though. Tried the Evil Within, found the PC controls to be atrocious and couldn't make it twenty minutes in. Haven't been in the mood to play Vampyr. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is a bit too old for my tastes. I'm also too much of a wimp to play Condemned: Criminal Origins.

I guess a game called Moons of Madness is coming out around that time. It seems to be SOMA, but in space. Might give that a go.

There is an older point and click called the White Chamber that's nice and creepy, you might want to check out, plus its free.
http://studiotrophis.com/site/projects/thewhitechamber

There is also the Resident Evil 2 remake, it seriously makes zombies tense again. Or Resident Evil 7 which is pretty fantastic for the first 3/4ths and the end isn't bad, it just loses some of the tenseness and becomes overly actiony.

There is also Lost in Vivo which from what I hear is like Silent Hill but an fps.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/963710/Lost_in_Vivo/

Or if you like the doom games then you might want to try the mod for it called 'Unloved'
https://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/unloved
Its a fantastically atmospheric mod but just play it on one of the easier difficulties since it becomes really slaughter map at the higher ones with stupidly huge hordes that becomes more annoying then fun to fight.

I really wanted to play RE7, but it really dislikes my PC from some reason. Crashing every fifteen or so minutes. It seems to require more effort to fix than I'm willing to put in at the time.

Lost in Vivo sounds neat! I may have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

The Rogue Wolf:
Maybe I'll finally get around to playing SOMA.

SOMA is good. IMHO, the best Frictional game, with Amnesia a close second. I particularly appreciated the "The bottom of the ocean is a dark, spooky place" feel it nailed.

Especially coming after the disappointing "Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs"(AKA DID YOU REALIZE CAPITALISM IS A GIANT MACHINE THAT FEEDS ON THE WORKERS, WHICH IS WHAT THE PIGS REPRESENT? BECAUSE IF YOU DIDN'T, I'LL GLADLY MENTION IT ANOTHER 15 TIMES IN THE NEXT 3 HOURS!), which I realize wasn't made by Frictional but it still feels like it's somehow tied to the other games.

I am playing an old misunderstood classic, Doom 3.

Screw what that Critical Miss Guy says, this game still holds up.

I like this game better then F.E.A.R. because at least the combat isn't handicapped by forcing you to use the Slow-Mo mechanic.

Samtemdo8:

I like this game better then F.E.A.R. because at least the combat isn't handicapped by forcing you to use the Slow-Mo mechanic.

When I last checked, Grey did not speak or represent the entire Doom community.If you love it, that is great. Doom 3 is a good game, I just dislike the constant jump scares, because it gets boring. The FEAR series as a whole suffered from this to a different degree too. While you have a point about the first FEAR, don't do dissing the combat. The slo-mo is so satisfying.

CoCage:

Samtemdo8:

When I last checked, Grey did not speak or represent the entire Doom community.If you love it, that is great. Doom 3 is a good game, I just dislike the constant jump scares, because it gets boring. The FEAR series as a whole suffered from this to a different degree too. While you have a point about the first FEAR, don't do dissing the combat. The slo-mo is so satisfying.

It can be satisfying but I feel it makes the combat too easy and not dependent on my own skills.

Samtemdo8:

CoCage:

Samtemdo8:

It can be satisfying but I feel it makes the combat too easy and not dependent on my own skills.

Play on the hardest difficulty. It does not fix the problem, but you'll be begging for slow-mo. FEAR 2 & 3 kinda fixed this problem, but lead to just cramming more enemies in to a room with dumber AI.

Did a run of RE2Remake on Normal Difficulty for both scenarios.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here