Red Dead Redemption 2 announced for PC

Pages PREV 1 2

hanselthecaretaker:

JUMBO PALACE:
A messy launch is always disappointing, hope performance gets cleaned up soon. At this point I'm just going to let things get smoothed out and wait for the Steam release.

Yeah I got my driver updated but haven?t even booted it up yet. Only knee deep in the console version?s Epilogue 1 as it is.

Really curious about how differently it plays on PC though. Definitely wanting to play in first person. I have a feeling I might just be using the PC version for photo mode though, considering I?ve spent so much time towards 100% completion already, and don?t care to deal with the chaos of PC for the online side.

There have been some amazing shots on Reddit so far. Kinda like this one in particular.

Wow... that's gorgeous. I've seen some other very impressive screenshots as well. I saw on PC Gamer today that Rockstar have a patch lined up to address the stuttering a lot of people are having. Here's hoping it does as advertised. I usually never worry about how a game is going to run on my machine (GTX 1080, 7700k, 16gb RAM) but by all accounts RDR2 has the capability to push even extremely high end hardware ((which mine is not anymore) to the limits.

There are a few settings that, despite offering minimal, if any visual difference, have a tremendous effect on frame rate. And then there's the fact that most of the time the difference you see when you change some settings is not objectively better on ultra instead of high or medium, it's simply different in some way.

JUMBO PALACE:

hanselthecaretaker:

JUMBO PALACE:
A messy launch is always disappointing, hope performance gets cleaned up soon. At this point I'm just going to let things get smoothed out and wait for the Steam release.

Yeah I got my driver updated but haven?t even booted it up yet. Only knee deep in the console version?s Epilogue 1 as it is.

Really curious about how differently it plays on PC though. Definitely wanting to play in first person. I have a feeling I might just be using the PC version for photo mode though, considering I?ve spent so much time towards 100% completion already, and don?t care to deal with the chaos of PC for the online side.

There have been some amazing shots on Reddit so far. Kinda like this one in particular.

Wow... that's gorgeous. I've seen some other very impressive screenshots as well. I saw on PC Gamer today that Rockstar have a patch lined up to address the stuttering a lot of people are having. Here's hoping it does as advertised. I usually never worry about how a game is going to run on my machine (GTX 1080, 7700k, 16gb RAM) but by all accounts RDR2 has the capability to push even extremely high end hardware ((which mine is not anymore) to the limits.

Check out the Red Dead Photography Reddit page for some more incredible shots. Here's another one that blew me away (no pun, ha)

Adam Jensen:
There are a few settings that, despite offering minimal, if any visual difference, have a tremendous effect on frame rate. And then there's the fact that most of the time the difference you see when you change some settings is not objectively better on ultra instead of high or medium, it's simply different in some way.

I'm wondering if a lot of that is tied to the amount of draw distance the effect is noticeable, since it's often nearly unnoticeable up close.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.