Resident Evil 3 Remake in Development. UPDATE: Picture Revealed.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I mean I'm down for it.

RE3 wasn't the greatest of the games, but fuck, they already did 0,1,2, and 4 is available on modern systems already. So doing 3 makes sense and if they enhance it the way they did RE2 then it could be better than before.

I wonder if they just don't know what to do with RE8 and that's why they are pumping out Remakes first.

Fuck yeah, loved Resident Evil 3. Hope they give Jill less of a dumb outfit though, I mean to make the idiots happy they can keep it as an unlockable but just... something that is less stupid against things that like to bite your neck would be nice.

CaitSeith:

Are they gonna fuck up the voice though, because they've never been able to properly recreate the creepy pronunciation of 'stars' in any other game after Resi 3.

I would also suggest just updating his stalker theme rather than creating a new one, because that music is still bone-chilling to this day. And I doubt anything different could come even close.

meh. rather want RE8 first person.

enough of remakes please capcom.

Oh Capcom, you shouldn't have. Will you be my Valentine? Honestly, this is great news, and you're all a bunch of stars.

Casual Shinji:

CaitSeith:

Are they gonna fuck up the voice though, because they've never been able to properly recreate the creepy pronunciation of 'stars' in any other game after Resi 3.

I would also suggest just updating his stalker theme rather than creating a new one, because that music is still bone-chilling to this day. And I doubt anything different could come even close.

I think the movie Nemesis had the best Voice and STARS.

B-Cell:
meh. rather want RE8 first person.

enough of remakes please capcom.

They only made 1 remake recently and you say that as if they made fucking 10.

Everyone wanted RE 3 to get the same Remake Treatment as RE 2.

I don't know if I'd buy it solo, but if Capcom wants to do another bundle deal with Radeon for their next graphics card, well those are two things I'm on the fence about that might push me over if they unite.

Awesome. Couldn't be happier. It would be the swansong of the current gen. I always considered RE3 to be the third disc of RE2 so absolutely amazing if it gets the same remake treatment as the majestic RE2 Remake. I guess now they have the engine and many of the assets running it would reduce development time so hopefully it would be one year apart similarly as the original RE3.

Strange though I'm hype for the exact same games I was 20 years ago. :p Still remember the RE2 demo in OG RE Director's Cut and that first reveal of Nemesis. *sigh* The more things change...

Casual Shinji:

CaitSeith:

The original voice actor for Nemesis is still the best. Too bad he passed away.

Told you before, and I fucking called it! Some people on this site doubted, but I called it!

CritialGaming:
I mean I'm down for it.

RE3 wasn't the greatest of the games, but fuck, they already did 0,1,2, and 4 is available on modern systems already. So doing 3 makes sense and if they enhance it the way they did RE2 then it could be better than before.

I wonder if they just don't know what to do with RE8 and that's why they are pumping out Remakes first.

RE3 is still better than 0, 1 (not Remake), and Code Veronica, if we're talking classic style RE.

I wonder how they're going to redo the intro. Gonna be a bit hard to top this:

CoCage:

RE3 is still better than 0, 1 (not Remake), and Code Veronica,

And 2.

Yep, I said it!

Hawki:

CoCage:

RE3 is still better than 0, 1 (not Remake), and Code Veronica,

And 2.

Yep, I said it!

.....Okay.

I do have preference for 2, but favoring 3 over 2 makes sense. More variety of zombies, better use of a zombie apocolypse (it's not just a repeat of mansion, basement, lab with brief intermission on the streets), a dodge button, Nemesis, the decision events, ammo crafting, and JILL.

2 was my first RE game. I didn't know who Jill was when I first saw the trailer for 3. I went over to a neighbors to play 1, a few months before 3 came out for context.

Hope they'll remake Code Veronica too then. Would love to see what they could do with that setting and monsters.

CoCage:

I wonder how they're going to redo the intro. Gonna be a bit hard to top this:

Oh yeah sooo good. I got the Japanese version at the time b/c PAL version was still months away and NTSC version was sold out at import store. Fortunately game was entirely in English except the diary entries. Still remember that intro and then title screen 'Last Escape' sooo awesome. Game menu also had trailer of Dino Crisis that Shinji Mikami was working on at the moment.

What I want to see in 3 Remake is the return of dodge button, button mashing to push off/kick off zombies biting at the shoulder/legs (somethings that's been in every classic RE), the return of the taser as a self-defense item, and a Mercenaries mode (first seen in RE3). After RE3 Remake, when need Dino Crisis remake, stat!.

Very happy with this. #3 was probably my favourite.

Silvanus:
Very happy with this. #3 was probably my favourite.

Of the older games before RE4?

Samtemdo8:

Of all of the ones I've played (I haven't played 7 or the remake of 2).

I don't think RE4 was anything special. A serviceable shooter, outshined by Dead Space and others.

Silvanus:

Samtemdo8:

I don't think RE4 was anything special. A serviceable shooter, outshined by Dead Space and others.

You know its funny I thought there was a much bigger gap between them. But it was only three years.

Silvanus:

Samtemdo8:

I'd recommend RE 7 over the 2 Remake if your gonna get them.

As much as love Raccoon City and Resident Evil 2, RE7 was so original and unique.

Samtemdo8:

Silvanus:

Samtemdo8:

As much as love Raccoon City and Resident Evil 2, RE7 was so original and unique.

Not exactly. RE7 is a good game. but I would not exactly call it unique and original. The idea of first person had been toyed with before as that was the original concept for RE1. Not to mention the Gun Survivor series that had gameplay in first person. The Baker Estate is just the Spencer Mansion, but in the deep south. 7 even has the Mansion, Basement, Lab (Not a Hero) or Harbor format. The molded are literally just the leech men combined with the regenerators. And honestly, I don't like the molded, because of the low enemy variety. Not to mention, the creepy ghost girl, Eveline, is just Alma Wade (the writer worked on the original FEAR), fungus edition. Lucas is the redneck version of SAW, minus the whole I go after people who don't value their lives bullshit. Not a Hero DLC is literally RE4/5, but in FPS mode. Chris even still has his action commands after shooting enemies in certain spots, and the End of Zoe is a first person beat'em up very similar to the Condemned games.

If 8 is an fps, I don't mind (still prefer third person), but I hope they do not bring back the molded.

CoCage:

Samtemdo8:

Silvanus:

Not exactly. RE7 is a good game. but I would not exactly call it unique and original. The idea of first person had been toyed with before as that was the original concept for RE1. Not to mention the Gun Survivor series that had gameplay in first person. The Baker Estate is just the Spencer Mansion, but in the deep south. 7 even has the Mansion, Basement, Lab (Not a Hero) or Harbor format. The molded are literally just the leech men combined with the regenerators. And honestly, I don't like the molded, because of the low enemy variety. Not to mention, the creepy ghost girl, Eveline, is just Alma Wade (the writer worked on the original FEAR), fungus edition. Lucas is the redneck version of SAW, minus the whole I go after people who don't value their lives bullshit. Not a Hero DLC is literally RE4/5, but in FPS mode. Chris even still has his action commands after shooting enemies in certain spots, and the End of Zoe is a first person beat'em up very similar to the Condemned games.

If 8 is an fps, I don't mind (still prefer third person), but I hope they do not bring back the molded.

Yeah, RE7 feels much like a spiritual successor to the original RE and it's brilliantly designed in that regard. The Baker estate architecture actually overlaps with Spencer mansion. Some in-game objects even references this a few moments. I don't understand the complaint about 'low enemey variety'. RE7 is supposed to be intimate horror where you're trapped on this estate with the crazy Baker family who are the real stars of the show. The Bakers themselves having an actually really tragic fate considering they were just a really kind family before they took Eveline in. The molded also fit neatly into this set-up. Having an entire zoo of monsters to fight like in RE4 would have taken the focus off this story premise entirely and would have completely derailed the atmosphere they were going for with this game.

Lucas, ofcourse, has always been the black sheep of the family and his role in his family's downfall is also more nefarious. I agree his SAW like traps and him actually being a genius is a bit far fetched, but it does make for really cool gameplay scenarios. In a game you always have to make story concessions to suit the gameplay but RE7 has without a doubt the best story in any RE game ever. It's obvious they put way more effort into it than in any other title. RE7 with it's singular focus most definitely is a very unique title. Hiring an external writer is one of the best things they could have done to give RE7 a much darker horror vibe instead of the goofy nonsense of the other titles.

stroopwafel:

CoCage:

Samtemdo8:

Yeah, RE7 feels much like a spiritual successor to the original RE and it's brilliantly designed in that regard. The Baker estate architecture actually overlaps with Spencer mansion. Some in-game objects even references this a few moments. I don't understand the complaint about 'low enemey variety'. RE7 is supposed to be intimate horror where you're trapped on this estate with the crazy Baker family who are the real stars of the show. The Bakers themselves having an actually really tragic fate considering they were just a really kind family before they took Eveline in. The molded also fit neatly into this set-up. Having an entire zoo of monsters to fight like in RE4 would have taken the focus off this story premise entirely and would have completely derailed the atmosphere they were going for with this game.

Lucas, ofcourse, has always been the black sheep of the family and his role in his family's downfall is also more nefarious. I agree his SAW like traps and him actually being a genius is a bit far fetched, but it does make for really cool gameplay scenarios. In a game you always have to make story concessions to suit the gameplay but RE7 has without a doubt the best story in any RE game ever. It's obvious they put way more effort into it than in any other title. RE7 with it's singular focus most definitely is a very unique title. Hiring an external writer is one of the best things they could have done to give RE7 a much darker horror vibe instead of the goofy nonsense of the other titles.

if you like a low enemy variety good for you, but just because it makes it more intimate doesn't exactly make it good. After a while, it become less scary and more annoying. Evil Within 2 did enemy variety perfectly. It did have a limited amount of enemies, but it's nothing compared to RE7. EW2 has variety without going overboard or feeling too limited. Say what you will about RE 4-6, but most of them had decent enemy variety. Then there's the fact that Capcom cut out what are usually unlockable bonuses into DLC. This isn't the first time that happened with Resident Evil (5), but it was more noticeable in the advertisement.

Most of all, Resident Evil 7 is still goofy. The entire franchise is built off of goofiness. 7 has plenty of goofy moments; unintentional or otherwise. You can see a ghost girl walking around because you're infected with a fungus virus. Think about that for a minute. A chainsaw battle with a redneck. Yeah, that's some serious storyyelling right there. If you love the story, that's fine and all but it's just about as goofy as the older RE titles. Not as stupid nor goofy as Resident Evil 6, but still goofy nonetheless.

CoCage:

stroopwafel:

CoCage:

if you like a low enemy variety good for you, but just because it makes it more intimate doesn't exactly make it good. After a while, you'll become less scary and more annoying. Evil Within 2 did enemy variety perfectly. It did have a limited amount of enemies, but it's nothing compared to RE7. EW2 has variety without going overboard or feeling too limited. Say what you will about RE 4-6, but most of them had decent enemy variety. Then there's the fact that Capcom cut out what are usually unlockable bonuses into DLC. This isn't the first that happened with Resident Evil (5), but it was more noticeable in the advertisement.

Most of all, Resident Evil 7 is still goofy. The entire franchise is built off of goofiness. 7 has plenty of goofy moments; unintentional or otherwise. You can see a ghost girl walking around because you're infected with a fungus virus. Think about that for a minute. A chainsaw battle with a redneck. Yeah, that's some serious storyyelling right there. If you love the story, that's fine and all but it's just about as goofy as the older RE titles. Not as stupid nor goofy as Resident Evil 6, but still goofy nonetheless.

I don't 'like low enemy variety' but in RE7 it served a purpose and that is to put the Baker family front and center of the game. You could tell the developers put huge effort into creating them. That's why the game's final third is the weakest part(if they cut that part out it would have been perfect). RE7 is least goofy for Resident Evil standards.

stroopwafel:

I don't 'like low enemy variety' but in RE7 it served a purpose and that is to put the Baker family front and center of the game. You could tell the developers put huge effort into creating them. That's why the game's final third is the weakest part(if they cut that part out it would have been perfect).

The Baker family being front and center is obvious. Hence, why they should have more variety, or cut out all of the padding altogether in the final third. Repeat playthroughs make it all the more obvious.

stroopwafel:
RE7 is least goofy for Resident Evil standards.

That is debatable. I'd still say that Remake 1 or 2 are the least goofy. Ghost girl hallucination by fungus virus. Other than RE6, you can't get anymore goofier than that.

Samtemdo8:
YOOOOOOOOOOOO:

https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-3-remake-art-has-been-spotted-on-psn/

Tell me this isn't real, please, for the love of God! What the hell is Carlos' hair even supposed to be doing?! And Nemesis' mouth.. Sweet Jesus, make me forget.

Casual Shinji:

Samtemdo8:
YOOOOOOOOOOOO:

https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-3-remake-art-has-been-spotted-on-psn/

Tell me this isn't real, please, for the love of God! What the hell is Carlos' hair even supposed to be doing?! And Nemesis' mouth.. Sweet Jesus, make me forget.

Nemesis I don't mind, but goddamn, Carlos got the pretty boy 90s look smacked right out of him:

But really the big surprise for me is Jill. She's looking more like Lara Croft in this game.

...what the hell did they do to Carlos? :(

Also, why does Nemesis have caution signs on it? It's Nemesis. It's a Tyrant with a rocket launcher that's growing "STARS." I think people know to take caution without that. I mean, that's nearly as stupid as Mr. X wearing a fedora.

...wait.

Hawki:

Also, why does Nemesis have caution signs on it? It's Nemesis. It's a Tyrant with a rocket launcher that's growing "STARS." I think people know to take caution without that. I mean, that's nearly as stupid as Mr. X wearing a fedora.

...wait.

I'm more upset over his cartoonishly long teeth. Looks like all I need to do is poke my finger at them and they'll fall out. The original design with the short, round teeth and the long, exposed gums felt much more disturbing. Now he just looks like the entrance to a haunted carnival ride. Also, adding a nose, no matter how warped, gives him more human features.. bad idea.

I hope this whole thing is just a bad first impression. Or better yet, some fake fan creation.

Casual Shinji:

Hawki:

...wait.

I'm more upset over his cartoonishly long teeth. Looks like all I need to do is poke my finger at them and they'll fall out. The original design with the short, round teeth and the long, exposed gums felt much more disturbing. Now he just looks like the entrance to a haunted carnival ride. Also, adding a nose, no matter how warped, gives him more human features.. bad idea.

I hope this whole thing is just a bad first impression. Or better yet, some fake fan creation.

The teeth I get, but I don't mind the noes, especially since I like how gnarled it looks.

But really I just want to see this whole guy's body and animations to fully pass judgement.

Jill looks like a boilerplate YA heroine. Then again I don't think Jill ever had the one look, they pretty much redesign her with every time and the only things that define her are the silly costumes she wears each game.

Nemesis looks like Todd McFarlane's parody version.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here