What's the Pettiest Thing that made you dislike a game?

Pages PREV 1 2

Kyrian007:
As someone who has spent 20 years with a gaming chair that has built in speakers and a big subwoofer... audio is important to me. But I admit it can easily be seen as petty. So when my roommate picked up Borderlands 2 I was massively disappointed. I was used to Perfect Dark and the satisfying roar of the DY357 Magnum, the deep metallic throng of Maian weapons... even the satisfying wet thwack of a bolt or knife hitting its mark. Borderlands 1 had pretty decently satisfying sounds, with the exception of pistols that just made a sickly dull phut phut wheeze. So when even the revolvers made apologetic polite muffled coughs in BL 2 I was seriously disappointed.

I know exactly what you mean. If you have access to it- you should really give Black (2005) a try. You won't be disappointed in the weapon sound department, that's for sure.

On a semi-related note I just got my hands on Goldeneye X- probably the best Perfect Dark Mod I've ever seen:

Final Fantasy X, mostly due to Titus being an obnoxious, whiney shit with giant daddy issues. I realize that's supposed to be his character for the first part of the game, but it doesn't make him any less annoying.

As I said in another thread, it's much like Holden Caulfield from Catcher in the Rye. I realize he's supposed to be a whiney, annoying teenager, but I still have a overwhelming urge to punch him in the mouth just to get him to shut up for 5 minutes.

The game itself, otherwise, isn't bad, even if I would have liked the world to be fleshed out a little more.

I bought my Sega Genesis because of the Sonic series, but I didn't like Sonic CD for the simple fact that, after the [then] incredible intro video (below, still makes me smile) the game wasn't much different than the previous 16-bit titles. Mind you, it was perfectly serviceable as a 2D Sonic game, but in my 13-year-old mind, "this is Sonic CD!! We're working with 32 bits, baby! Wow me!" And it didn't really. I don't know what I expected; had that game been on a cartridge, I would have loved it, but because it came on a CD, meh.

Dalisclock:

Yoshi178:
when i disliked TLOU 2 because they lied when they said the first one was the last of them but it wasn't. :3

That joke wasn't funny the first time and it's less funny every time you repeat it.

Perhaps he's suing the makers of the Neverending Story because it actually finished.

My pick would probably be Alan Wake. For a title that was supposed to be filled with tension it sure did telegraph everything, even going to the lengths of panning the camera around to show you exactly where all the enemies were coming from.

Xprimentyl:
I bought my Sega Genesis because of the Sonic series, but I didn?t like Sonic CD for the simple fact that, after the [then] incredible intro video (below, still makes me smile) the game wasn?t much different than the previous 16-bit titles. Mind you, it was perfectly serviceable as a 2D Sonic game, but in my 13-year-old mind, ?this is Sonic CD!! We?re working with 32 bits, baby! Wow me!? And it didn?t really. I don?t know what I expected; had that game been on a cartridge, I would have loved it, but because it came on a CD, meh.

What sold Sonic CD is the time traveling and soundtrack (mainly the Japanese/EU version, but I like the US version too). Otherwise, it's Sonic 1.5 with more exploration and less emphasis on speed. Sonic CD was one of those games that got way too much praise or over glorification from certain fans.

votemarvel:

Dalisclock:

Yoshi178:
when i disliked TLOU 2 because they lied when they said the first one was the last of them but it wasn't. :3

That joke wasn't funny the first time and it's less funny every time you repeat it.

Perhaps he's suing the makers of the Neverending Story because it actually finished.

My pick would probably be Alan Wake. For a title that was supposed to be filled with tension it sure did telegraph everything, even going to the lengths of panning the camera around to show you exactly where all the enemies were coming from.

While Alan Wake was not scary, it did have some tense moments and a jump scare that got me. When you think about it, Alan Wake was kinda of Remedy's take on the RE4 formula, just with darkness possessed people instead of parasites. All the more ironic, because of Shadows of the Damned came out two years later and is a 3rd person shooter with a light vs. darkness theme too. One thing Shadows had over Alan was enemy variety and some legit scarier moments by comparison.

I wouldn't call it petty really, but Chie's new voice actress in Persona 4 Golden probably fits the bill the most.

The new Chie sounds like a 4 year old girl THAT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TALK WITHOUT SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS with her every line. The new Chie voice actress couldn't rape my ear harder if she was standing next to me literally doing that. I can't bring myself to complete what was my favorite entry in the Persona series (and I haven't played Persona 5 enough yet to make that judgement) solely because of this new voice actress. When I try I actively avoid using Chie and interacting with her just so I can avoid having to hear her godawful voice as much as possible. This one decision ruined for me what was my favorite character in a game full of great characters and a mainstay in my party. This is from a series that is usually very very good when it comes to voice acting too.

I wouldn't say it made me dislike the game, but it did turn me off of going back to the game.

Playing Dark Souls, it was a bit challenging, but it always felt like a fair challenge, even when I struggled. The twin gargoyle fight, however, is when I stopped. Not because the boss was unfair, mind you. After struggling with it a bit, however, I decided to look up some tips. On those tips/guides, I saw several mentions of the gargoyles being one of the easier boss fights.

That sentence was what made me stop my playthrough, and outside of a few abortive attempts to go back to the game, I've not touched it since. If I'm struggling to the point of looking up tips online, and that's on a relatively easy boss, I figured I'd be fucked if I got any further.

Dalisclock:

Yoshi178:

your reaction is absolutely hilarious though.

I don't know if I actually have anything petty outside of not caring about Mass Effect Andromeda at all just based on the story premise of moving to another galaxy to escape the reapers because that causes like the biggest plot hole in the entire reaper plan.

immortalfrieza:
I wouldn't call it petty really, but Chie's new voice actress in Persona 4 Golden probably fits the bill the most.

Huh... I had the total opposite effect. I do agree with you that she's maybe a little too enthusiastic in her voice acting for this game (She seems to calm her character down a little in different games), but I found I couldn't stand the original voice actress when looking at gameplay videos. She sounds like a mid-30 something woman that doesn't suit the spunky, energetic character she's supposed to be.

Just don't give me the Japanese Teddy voice EVER. Persona Q2 was great, but Teddy was impossible to listen to

WET (2009). I hate the character Rubi as she was just a worst version of Revy (a character I'm not exactly a fan of either) and 50 Cent from Blood on the Sand. With none of the humor or unintentional humor and self awareness. She's a straight bitch who is "badass" for the shallowest justification by the game's story. Other than the grind-house feel, which was a fad already starting to lose its luster for me. The gameplay was essentially a weaker version of Mad World, Max Payne, and Stranglehold with some of the worst quick time events and shitty platforming ever put in to a game. The demo I was not impressed, and I refused to buy the game on principle. WET was supposed to get a sequel, but I am glad it got canceled.

Fallen Order I could not finish, so I traded it in to complete my pre-order for Doom Eternal. The platforming and puzzles are annoying and acts like it's 2005-2007 with the latter. Also, it should have not been a Dark Souls clone. I would have been fine with another Force Unleashed style of game or 1313.

Metal thong butt closeup in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

I guess that counts as petty? But, I find the inclusion of it a pretty petty bit of blatant fanservice, so I don't feel too bad about disliking it as a result.

For all the problems FFX had, I couldn't stand the artstyle more than anything. After a while I swear I developed a brain filter and enjoyed the combat through the game, but every time I look back and see the character designs I wince and wonder why I bothered finishing.

Happyninja42:

I guess that counts as petty? But, I find the inclusion of it a pretty petty bit of blatant fanservice, so I don't feel too bad about disliking it as a result.

It was pretty egregious, considering they literally introduce her with a butt shot. Kind of hard to not see that as cringy or that the 13 year olds were in charge of that bit.

EvilRoy:
For all the problems FFX had, I couldn't stand the artstyle more than anything. After a while I swear I developed a brain filter and enjoyed the combat through the game, but every time I look back and see the character designs I wince and wonder why I bothered finishing.

So what you're saying is that Lulu's belts were a bit much?

Following up on an older post regarding Voice acting, The 2010 Adventure game "A New Beginning" had the(normally) main character Fay, who came across as obnoxious most of the time. Partially because of her weird manner of speaking(in contrast to every other character in the game, even people from her time period) but also because she's just kind of an asshole to everyone around her and it makes it really hard to get on board with her despite her extremely laudable goal(preventing catastrophic climate change which by the 26th century has rendered most of the earth uninhabitable and the remains of humans live in sealed bunkers underground). Her griping about Nuclear Power is also a bit grating, especially when it's revealed later that said bunkers require nuclear power to function.

Also for the same game, there's a bit with a nuclear reactor near the end and it's possibly the stupidest design for one I've ever seen(not counting the one from that one episode of Torchwood that vents it's coolant into the control room as a SAFETY MEASURE!), which involves the entire reactor being lifted and lowered out of a pool of water.

No....just no. Not even Chernobyl was that badly designed. And Chernobyl was very badly designed. THe game has a really good setup about future time travelers trying to stop ecological collapse....and somehow turns into a big anti-Nuclear Power aesop, except Nuclear Power, despite it's flaws, doesn't actually contribute to atmospheric carbon. So it's like the writers kind lost track of the message they were going for or something.

Dalisclock:

Happyninja42:

It was pretty egregious, considering they literally introduce her with a butt shot. Kind of hard to not see that as cringy or that the 13 year olds were in charge of that bit.

EvilRoy:

Honestly it was Waka's hair that put me over the edge.

Not sure what's petty, as if it's enough to overall dislike a game, then chances are I wouldn't think it's petty. Having an online requirement for a campaign that can clearly be done single-player is a huge "fuck right off, cunts ...which is probably petty to those who don't have to worry about maintaining a constant internet connection alongside another bloody subscription just to use the frigging game. Won't purchase the new trials rising cause they locked all unlocks in lootboxes that won't open without internet...like...for what reason exactly? Other than to be greedy cunts?

Voice acting is important, as believing the characters are anything other than silly action dolls is important to being immersed in the story, and if all I can think about when they're talking is "these chucklefucks are just reading off a bit of card and they're totally shit it hiding it" ...well, bang goes any investment in the narrative. Sorry, Geralt, I tried, you tried, we all tried together. Just not hard enough.

Same as fanservice. I see it as an attempt to overcompensate for having no faith in the quality of one's writing and characters. Most of the time it's there cause people use it to mask the fact they can't write females for shit.

Neurotic Void Melody:
Not sure what's petty, as if it's enough to overall dislike a game, then chances are I wouldn't think it's petty. Having an online requirement for a campaign that can clearly be done single-player is a huge "fuck right off, cunts ...which is probably petty to those who don't have to worry about maintaining a constant internet connection alongside another bloody subscription just to use the frigging game. Won't purchase the new trials rising cause they locked all unlocks in lootboxes that won't open without internet...like...for what reason exactly? Other than to be greedy cunts?

Voice acting is important, as believing the characters are anything other than silly action dolls is important to being immersed in the story, and if all I can think about when they're talking is "these chucklefucks are just reading off a bit of card and they're totally shit it hiding it" ...well, bang goes any investment in the narrative. Sorry, Geralt, I tried, you tried, we all tried together. Just not hard enough.

Same as fanservice. I see it as an attempt to overcompensate for having no faith in the quality of one's writing and characters. Most of the time it's there cause people use it to mask the fact they can't write females for shit.

Like, realistically I'd say something Petty is something that makes you dislike the game not for its quality or anything like that, but your own hang ups.

Here's a good way to state it. While I'll never play Persona because it's a turn-based rpg and I've lost favor with that genre, I can tell the amount of Love, Polish, and likability that game has. It's just presented in a way that personally doesn't suit me. That isn't petty. That's just a difference of interest. My dislike for Turn Based gameplay doesn't make me dislike Persona. I'm super excited about Persona 5 Scramble because I really like the world of Persona.

Hell, I don't think any Turn Based games are bad, per se. I can even still like some, as I do with the Shadowrun series. It's that I know I like active control over my characters and I've lost interest in dice rolls ever since X-Com.

Petty is how I can Love Guilty Gear and dislike Blazblue. And it all comes down to character design. Guilty Gear has characters who I think look Dope as Hell. Blazblue... there's just a disconnect. I've played Blazblue, hell, I own most because we gotta do what we can to keep the fighting game community alive. But I feel nothing for the characters in Blazblue. That isn't a knock on the quality of the graphic style, the actual sound and music, the buttery smooth gameplay mechanics, or anything. I just don't like the characters that much.

ObsidianJones:
Like, realistically I'd say something Petty is something that makes you dislike the game not for its quality or anything like that, but your own hang ups.

Here's a good way to state it. While I'll never play Persona because it's a turn-based rpg and I've lost favor with that genre, I can tell the amount of Love, Polish, and likability that game has. It's just presented in a way that personally doesn't suit me. That isn't petty. That's just a difference of interest. My dislike for Turn Based gameplay doesn't make me dislike Persona. I'm super excited about Persona 5 Scramble because I really like the world of Persona.

Hell, I don't think any Turn Based games are bad, per se. I can even still like some, as I do with the Shadowrun series. It's that I know I like active control over my characters and I've lost interest in dice rolls ever since X-Com.

Petty is how I can Love Guilty Gear and dislike Blazblue. And it all comes down to character design. Guilty Gear has characters who I think look Dope as Hell. Blazblue... there's just a disconnect. I've played Blazblue, hell, I own most because we gotta do what we can to keep the fighting game community alive. But I feel nothing for the characters in Blazblue. That isn't a knock on the quality of the graphic style, the actual sound and music, the buttery smooth gameplay mechanics, or anything. I just don't like the characters that much.

Ah, that does make a lot more sense to my easily confused neurons :) Didn't realise the fighting game community was in such dire straits though!
To keep on track with fighting games, I'd say Tekken is one of the few that I just can't get on with as it always feels far too slow like everything's done underwater, despite most friends in the past quite loving the series and it doesn't seem badly made either. It creates a weird mix of frustration and boredom until the seductive calls of heretic games like soul caliber and mortal kombat grow too loud to ignore.
With persona (5 anyway), it does keep battles really short and the rng hasn't done anything hair-pulling like the XCOM 95% shot misses. That I've noticed at least. But I understand where you're coming from there.

CoCage:

What sold Sonic CD is the time traveling and soundtrack (mainly the Japanese/EU version, but I like the US version too). Otherwise, it's Sonic 1.5 with more exploration and less emphasis on speed. Sonic CD was one of those games that got way too much praise or over glorification from certain fans.

Yeah, this. Sonic CD was hyped up as a "forgotten gem", mostly by people who hadn't played it, I think. For a period of maybe 10 or 15 years - between the death of 16 bit gaming and before Sonic CD became readily available on mobile platforms and as part of compliations - the only way to play the game would have been to track down a physical copy of the game and to play it on the original hardware (did Mega CD ever get a good emulator, let alone ROM files?), and hence Sonic's only outing on the platform became the stuff of greatly embellished urban legend among the retro collectors/dealers of the early 2000s. It was mostly accepted that Sonic CD was a cruelly forgotten jewel of retro gaming - a shining example of old-school quality that just didn't exist any more in the emerging world of soulless triple-A franchises and annual Tom Clancey's Medal of Duty: Extraneous Subtitle games.

Except it was an artificial and entirely unmerited mystique that had been constructed. Sonic CD is not a very good game, and I say this as somebody who must have racked up THOUSANDS of mis-spent hours playing the other 16 bit (and sometimes 8 bit) Sonics to beyond the point of exhaustion. It has a neat animated intro/outro, some good quality in-game music (although the MIDI tracks found on the cartridge games had a lot more soul and catchiness), and a special stage that made some use of the Mega CD's capabilities. That's really all the pro's I can list. The rest of the experience is just... weird. Experimental. Disjointed. Much of the game looks like it's glitched or in Debug mode. The level design doesn't flow and the aesthetic is weak. The past/future sections are entirely superficial and optional. There is no clear progression in challenge as you go through the game. The whole thing is a joyless slog, really.

EvilRoy:

Dalisclock:

Happyninja42:

EvilRoy:

Honestly it was Waka's hair that put me over the edge.

Lulu's belts were a bit much, but I just sort of chalked that up to "Japanese fashion sensibilities when designing a semi-leather clad dominatrix character" Oddly enough I didn't find her overall design that bad. I liked the idea that she was sort of this goth chick, somehow transplanted into this island culture of surfers and volley ball dude-bros. Who INSISTED on wearing full length black dresses in a tropical environment, and leather straps, because EDGE....but also she always had her favorite dolly with her no matter where she went. xD I just, found it amusing. Plus she never had any annoying lines, so she didn't make me grate my teeth like Wakka and Tidus would.

And...Wakka's hair...just....ugh.

Loved me some Kimari though. He was hands down my favorite character in the game. I remember playing that game long enough to get him so powered up, he had learned ALL of the physical based heros abilities, as well as his own. He was....broken to say the least. He one shot the boss for me, and just made me happy.

Batou667:

Did Mega CD ever get a good emulator, let alone ROM files?

Hell, yeah! I take it you never heard Kega. The best Genesis/Sega-CD/32X emulator ever made. Developed by one guy.

Neurotic Void Melody:
Ah, that does make a lot more sense to my easily confused neurons :) Didn't realise the fighting game community was in such dire straits though!
To keep on track with fighting games, I'd say Tekken is one of the few that I just can't get on with as it always feels far too slow like everything's done underwater, despite most friends in the past quite loving the series and it doesn't seem badly made either. It creates a weird mix of frustration and boredom until the seductive calls of heretic games like soul caliber and mortal kombat grow too loud to ignore.
With persona (5 anyway), it does keep battles really short and the rng hasn't done anything hair-pulling like the XCOM 95% shot misses. That I've noticed at least. But I understand where you're coming from there.

Hey, your neurons are amazing. Keep them firing, I say!

Yeah, we're the most niche genre there seems to be. We don't sell that much, which baffles me. One friend who is a non-fighting game player said "Why do I ever want to play that? It's like taking a test every time you load it up".

I own most of the games on Steam back during the time that steam had nearly nothing. I bought what games I could and I think there was a movement of others in the PC fighting game community to show Steam if they make it, people will buy it.

I hear what you're saying about Tekken. Or at least that's how I felt with Tekken 4. I feel that Tekken has very slow mobility for the actual combos and juggles. If you're at a stage with walls, one hit can easily take 70 percent of your life through Wall-carries, splats, and recaptures. In order to keep that Beasting Potential, you need to make some concessions. If you have to work to get in, I think that's a fair one. But I do totally get your point.

I don't know. It's like 14 dollars in the holiday sale. I think I might pick it up just so I know what is going on in Scramble.

My fighting game mind just likes button presses and timing that makes really cool combos. I bought Bayonetta 2 a while ago because I'm loyal to hell to Platinum. Last week, while I was trying to distract myself, I scrolled through my Switch for a gaming experience. I saw it was there so I loaded it in.

Oh My God, that Woman has my heart. I felt so bad ass making those combos. Witch Time Dodging, Taunting, Risking a Powered Up Move... all done by my skill alone. That feels so good.

Seeing static figures do nothing until I press attack and to wait for a response seems... kind of like what you were saying about tekken: Dreadfully slow.

I liked Senran Kagura Estival Versus well enough until the main storyline started swerving like an anime that ran out of manga to adapt.
For, like, eight missions in a row.
The super armor already had me on my last nerve.

ObsidianJones:
Hey, your neurons are amazing. Keep them firing, I say!

Yeah, we're the most niche genre there seems to be. We don't sell that much, which baffles me. One friend who is a non-fighting game player said "Why do I ever want to play that? It's like taking a test every time you load it up".

I own most of the games on Steam back during the time that steam had nearly nothing. I bought what games I could and I think there was a movement of others in the PC fighting game community to show Steam if they make it, people will buy it.

I hear what you're saying about Tekken. Or at least that's how I felt with Tekken 4. I feel that Tekken has very slow mobility for the actual combos and juggles. If you're at a stage with walls, one hit can easily take 70 percent of your life through Wall-carries, splats, and recaptures. In order to keep that Beasting Potential, you need to make some concessions. If you have to work to get in, I think that's a fair one. But I do totally get your point.

I don't know. It's like 14 dollars in the holiday sale. I think I might pick it up just so I know what is going on in Scramble.

My fighting game mind just likes button presses and timing that makes really cool combos. I bought Bayonetta 2 a while ago because I'm loyal to hell to Platinum. Last week, while I was trying to distract myself, I scrolled through my Switch for a gaming experience. I saw it was there so I loaded it in.

Oh My God, that Woman has my heart. I felt so bad ass making those combos. Witch Time Dodging, Taunting, Risking a Powered Up Move... all done by my skill alone. That feels so good.

Seeing static figures do nothing until I press attack and to wait for a response seems... kind of like what you were saying about tekken: Dreadfully slow.

Oopsie, this thread snuck off to the 2nd page during my WiFi absence...naughty! Not sure if counts as necro-ing to reply now, but fuck it; humanity's screwing itself every way it can and my country is an ignorance-fueled lost cause under the possessive iron-grip grooming of the Murdoch empire, so forum etiquette is hardly a priority anymore.

With supporting the fighting game genre, was wondering if there are, or have been any lines that you have drawn when it comes to supporting devs if they have shown actions or business tactics that you morally disagree with? I'd imagine there'd be a stronger conflict of emotion to deal with there.

I suppose in a sense, the speed of Tekken could be compared to that of dark souls when a lot of other action games at the time aimed for faster play with more instant gratification. So is merely an issue of wanting to adapt. The only difference being in dark souls I can still run off and cry in a cold damp corner or grind if the despair demons get too much.

Gotta admit, Persona 5 is a loooot of pressing X, so it's specifically saved for when I want to chill out and not have to worry about the escapism device getting all demanding on me during sweet escape. But other times, these violent homicidal desires can only be satiated elsewhere. ;) And those desires do crop up midway through playing persona too!

Bayonetta is great! Am highly sad it didn't sell enough to avoid console exclusivity though. Hopefully the remaster/port will sell better and maybe inspire further releases from platinum.

-

Thought of another example to add, perhaps spicier, perhaps not after all this time. It's the heart mini-game in undertake...it just feels goddamn awful to move with the controller and the game throws it at you for everything. I've no idea if it's better on k&m, but it's been a solid barrier for me every time I try. And the writing was only whimsically cute as opposed to the life-affirming wonder the internet made it out to be. Woolie was so right with the term "undertaled" ...for that is precisely this predicament. Darn expectations!

Anyway, NEW YEAR! HAPPY! HAP...H...HAPPY NEW...Y...ARGH! WE'RE ALL GOING TO D...

*Breathe*

SPLENDACIOUS NEW YEAR!

Neurotic Void Melody:
*snips*

Figured I should tell you. I bought Persona 5 within the last minutes of the Holiday Sale. I'm really stuck on NFS Heat (my other last minute Holiday Sale purchase), but the way you described it as a game you play to turn your mind off actually clicked with me.

And given that I bought and actually like World War Z even though I don't like Third Person Shooters any more, I figured I should try new things. Thanks for that and Happiest of Happiest to you as well!

ObsidianJones:

And given that I bought and actually like World War Z even though I don't like Third Person Shooters any more, I figured I should try new things. Thanks for that and Happiest of Happiest to you as well!

What shooters have you've been playing? If you've been playing nothing, but cover based shooters, you're not going to find a lot of variety. Hit me up sometime, and I will give you some recommendations.

CoCage:

ObsidianJones:

What shooters have you've been playing? If you've been playing nothing, but cover based shooters, you're not going to find a lot of variety. Hit me up sometime, and I will give you some recommendations.

Actually, I've been obsessed with first person shooters on the switch. Motion controls feel like they give me more precision than any other scheme. Even mouse.

I've been playing Rico, CoJ Gunslinger, and Doom on the Switch lately.

Not to mention Farpoint using the aim controller in VR, Gun Club, and Blood and Truth.

Truth be told, I'm no good aiming with the thumbstick. But actual training with firearms pays off in those games.

ObsidianJones:

CoCage:

ObsidianJones:

Actually, I've been obsessed with first person shooters on the switch. Motion controls feel like they give me more precision than any other scheme. Even mouse.

I've been playing Rico, CoJ Gunslinger, and Doom on the Switch lately.

Not to mention Farpoint using the aim controller in VR, Gun Club, and Blood and Truth.

Truth be told, I'm no good aiming with the thumbstick. But actual training with firearms pays off in those games.

No problem. Whenever you're ready for 3rd person shooters that aren't covered based, other than Vanquish, let me know.

ObsidianJones:

Neurotic Void Melody:
*snips*

Figured I should tell you. I bought Persona 5 within the last minutes of the Holiday Sale. I'm really stuck on NFS Heat (my other last minute Holiday Sale purchase), but the way you described it as a game you play to turn your mind off actually clicked with me.

Oh nice! I hope you find it an enjoyable experience, it's got a lot of heart to the story and has a calming disarming effect which is great for late night relaxing play. Though am surprised my wording didn't have an opposite reaction, as i kinda word things like a twat far too often, it's shameful. 😔
Is NFS heat alright? I ain't bothered trying the last 2 releases as EA seem intent on ruining the series with their shitty nickle 'n diming practices, watering down the content and such. The cover art looks visually pleasing at least.

-

Got another on topic addition; after watching Jim Sterling's video showing the advert for Death Stranding with the city completely flooded cause a guy was crying so much at the game....Jesus shite, I cannot understate how badly that type of self-indulgence comes across. The inflated ego one must have to promote their work like that is just plain ugly. Fame and fans have gotten to his head it appears. Quite unfortunate, hubris is very off-putting to me, enough to feel pretty negative towards the game even without having played it.

I wrote Prey(2017) off because it wasn't Prey 2.

Lemme clear it: Because it wasn't the sequel that Prey 2 teaser promised. Instead of neon, energetic Space Bounty Hunter adventure, we got this sci-fi horror on an abandone space station - cool, but something we've played before. I've mellowed out on it, and i heard Prey(2017) is actually a decent game, and may give it a chance one day, if time allows, but y'know...

OH, and also: It was called Prey. A 2017 sequel/soft reebot(???) to 2006 game, that's called the same as the original game. Oh, and this year came, unrelated most likely, movie, also called 'Prey'. You see the problem now? Stop it.

MrCalavera:
I wrote Prey(2017) off because it wasn't Prey 2.

Lemme clear it: Because it wasn't the sequel that Prey 2 teaser promised. Instead of neon, energetic Space Bounty Hunter adventure, we got this sci-fi horror on an abandone space station - cool, but something we've played before. I've mellowed out on it, and i heard Prey(2017) is actually a decent game, and may give it a chance one day, if time allows, but y'know...

OH, and also: It was called Prey. A 2017 sequel/soft reebot(???) to 2006 game, that's called the same as the original game. Oh, and this year came, unrelated most likely, movie, also called 'Prey'. You see the problem now? Stop it.

Remember Prey?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.