Bayonetta & Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle Announced for PS4 and Xbox One

https://www.allgamesdelta.net/2019/12/bayonetta-vanquish-10th-anniversary.html

GOOOODDDDDDDD YESSSSHHHHHH!!!!! My wishes have come true!. I knew these would come to modern consoles after the PC ports. I still got my original copies, but I don't mind buying them again. Time to play the greatest cover shooter ever made, and one of the best 3D beat'em ups ever made (until Bayonetta 2 & DMC5).

Platinum? Sega? Nintendo? Can we please get Mad World and Wonderful 101 on Switch? Y'all have no excuses not to do this. Hop to it fuckers!

Hopefully we can get a sequel to vanquish.

Pretty sweet, the best 2 games from last-gen in one package. It'll be interesting to play a non-PS3 port of Bayonetta.

Phoenixmgs:
Pretty sweet, the best 2 games from last-gen in one package. It'll be interesting to play a non-PS3 port of Bayonetta.

The PS3 version of Bayonetta is still the worse port, even with the big patch fix. Bayonetta was originally supposed to be a 360 exclusive, but Sega in their infinite dumb, wisdom, demanded a ps3 version. Platinum refused to do the port, so Sega had to outsource to themselves, and do it. You see the results.

Marik2:

If the double pack sells well, then hopefully. That is why you never end on a sequel bait/cliffhanger to something that is not a franchise yet.

CoCage:

Phoenixmgs:

The PS3 version of Bayonetta is still the worse port, even with the big patch fix. Bayonetta was originally supposed to be a 360 exclusive, but Sega in their infinite dumb, wisdom, demanded a ps3 version. Platinum refused to do the port, so Sega had to outsource to themselves, and do it. You see the results.

Marik2:

If the double pack sells well, then hopefully. That is why you never end on a sequel bait/cliffhanger to something that is not a franchise yet.

Maybe the next game will be about a parody of trump colluding with robot putin, and the main guy must slide his way to stop the corruption of the government.

CoCage:
Wonderful 101 on Switch? Y'all have no excuses not to do this. Hop to it fuckers!

I did a deep dive about this not too long ago, and the director of Platinum did some pushing for this.

"The Wonderful 101 is obviously something that we hold near and dear to our hearts. And so we've talked to a lot of different people about what it is and what it means. We've done a lot of intel gathering and the only thing that I can say right now is that I'm glad we did. I'm glad that we talked to a lot of different people."
Not to mention that in response to fans asking for it, he said "Yeah, I think I said that on multiple occasions. And I'm glad that I did. So if you could be patient with it, that'll be great."

Both of these quotes are from 2019 articles/interviews, so it seems like they're still firmly intent on making the port happen after their original teaser image in 2017 was released. I hope so too, means they can make some improvements in places. I might beat it this time too if they do

Marik2:

CoCage:

Phoenixmgs:

Marik2:

Maybe the next game will be about a parody of trump colluding with robot putin, and the main guy must slide his way to stop the corruption of the government.

I know you're joking, but please no. We got enough Trump analouges already in games and movies. One of which undeservedly went to Shao Khan in MK11. That is insult to Shao Khan. Khan actually has a brain and knows what he is doing.

Elvis Starburst:

CoCage:
Wonderful 101 on Switch? Y'all have no excuses not to do this. Hop to it fuckers!

I did a deep dive about this not too long ago, and the director of Platinum did some pushing for this.

"The Wonderful 101 is obviously something that we hold near and dear to our hearts. And so we've talked to a lot of different people about what it is and what it means. We've done a lot of intel gathering and the only thing that I can say right now is that I'm glad we did. I'm glad that we talked to a lot of different people."
Not to mention that in response to fans asking for it, he said "Yeah, I think I said that on multiple occasions. And I'm glad that I did. So if you could be patient with it, that'll be great."

Both of these quotes are from 2019 articles/interviews, so it seems like they're still firmly intent on making the port happen after their original teaser image in 2017 was released. I hope so too, means they can make some improvements in places. I might beat it this time too if they do

Thanks for the news. This brings up my spirits quite a bit.

Already played through Vanquish twice. Pretty good. Never really got the recognition it deserved. I think mostly b/c the market was flooded with cover shooters in 2010, even if Vanquish wasn't a cover shooter.

CoCage:

Platinum? Sega? Nintendo? Can we please get Mad World and Wonderful 101 on Switch? Y'all have no excuses not to do this. Hop to it fuckers!

i hope to god we see Wonderful 101 on Switch but i see Bayonetta 3 coming before that happens.
in fact we might even see a Bayonetta 3 trailer this week at the Game Awards

Fuck Mad World though. that game was shit. the only reason it got any attention was because parents were shocked to see an M rated game on a Nintendo system.

Yoshi178:

CoCage:

i hope to god we see Wonderful 101 on Switch but i see Bayonetta 3 coming before that happens.

Fuck Mad World though. that game was shit. the only reason it got any attention was because parents were shocked to see an M rated game on a Nintendo system.

I and many other Platinum fans disagree. mad world is a cool, good, unique game. We're it falters is some of the level design in the last part of the stages, but by that point the game's almost over anyway. Oh, in the combos are based off of multipliers. you won't be seeing too many skill videos of the combat like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, but beating and torturing your enemies is so satisfying. The game had a great story, visual style, an excellent indie hip-hop soundtrack, and the funniest dialogue from two characters you never see. Howard and Kreeseare the best combat commentators in almost any medium. Speaking of which, it's spiritual sequel, Anarchy Reigns needs to come to modern consoles as well. I got PS plus, so I'm ready to throw down

CoCage:

Yoshi178:

CoCage:

I and many other Platinum fans disagree. mad world is a cool, good, unique game. We're it falters is some of the level design in the last part of the stages, but by that point the game's almost over anyway. Oh, in the combos are based off of multipliers. you won't be seeing too many skill videos of the combat like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, but beating and torturing your enemies is so satisfying. The game had a great story, visual style, an excellent indie hip-hop soundtrack, and the funniest dialogue from two characters you never see. Howard and Kreeseare the best combat commentators in almost any medium. Speaking of which, it's spiritual sequel, Anarchy Reigns needs to come to modern consoles as well. I got PS plus, so I'm ready to throw down

nah. the Wii and motion controls always gets criticised for waggle and someone flailing their arms around. while mad world didn't have waggle, it definitely made me feel like i was just flailing my arms around like an idiot.

i played the game like once and i hated the motion controls and the story wasn't very interesting, like you were just killing for the sake of killing so i never bothered to finish mad world

Yoshi178:

CoCage:

Yoshi178:

nah. the Wii and motion controls always gets gets criticised for waggle and someone flailing there arms around. while mad world didn't have waggle, it definitely made me feel like i was just flailing my arms around like an idiot.

i played the game like once and i hated the motion controls and the story wasn't very interesting, like you were just killing for the sake of killing so i never bothered to finish mad world

That's your problem; you and others barely played it, nor did ya not bother learning the controls. I put about 70+ hours in to the game. Mad World is one of the best Wii games to use motion controls, along with No More Heroes and Sin & Punishment: Star Successor. And I'm not exactly a lover of motion controls either. The only time they become a problem is when reading vertical gestures in QTES. Here's a hint: whenever vertical motion is involved for a QTE, don't turn your wii mote with your wrist while doing the vertical motion. The game will read it as a horizontal gesture, You won't believe how many complaints or problems people had on GameFAQS about that. The story is great, but once again, you did not stick with it. The game is commentary on people violence as pure perversion of violent escapism, or violence just for the sake of profit and money. The story and characters such as Jack Cayman (the guy you play as), Amala (his contact from the government agency), and Agent XIII (his benefactor from Death Watch) all comment on it. This is a type of story you would see someone like John Carpenter would write. The scenario leads heavily on the cynical side of the spectrum. Mad World earns it though. It's best video game version of the Running Man ever made along with Smash TV.

stroopwafel:
Already played through Vanquish twice. Pretty good. Never really got the recognition it deserved. I think mostly b/c the market was flooded with cover shooters in 2010, even if Vanquish wasn't a cover shooter.

Bingo! What's worse is most of these cover shooters didn't go anywhere aside from maybe one or two sequels. I remember a cover shooter called Inversion trying to copy Gears so hard it almost looked like some mockbuster. The game could be described as Gears with underused gravity mechanics. The only other good Gears clone, other than Vanquish and Uncharted, is darkSector and maybe Wanted: Weapons of Fate.

Yoshi178:
nah. the Wii and motion controls always gets gets criticised for waggle and someone flailing there arms around. while mad world didn't have waggle, it definitely made me feel like i was just flailing my arms around like an idiot.

Sorry mate, I'm another person who loves it. The soundtrack is jammin' and the story/gameplay was fun. And I loved the Black Baron. Such a joy to see him roll in on stage and get his ass carved apart by his hostess~ Plus the visual style was excellent, and a great way to get past the hardware's limitations by making a game with a lovely Sin City art style.

If you didn't mix with it (after a single play session, which isn't really much if you ask me), then fair enough. Though I wouldn't say "the only reason it got any attention was because parents were shocked to see an M rated game on a Nintendo system" is really fair. It got attention cause it was fun for enough people to make a cult following. You know, like how The Wonderful 101 did. And that game had its own share of control problems like any Wii game did. Didn't stop people from liking it though

Now just put Vanquish on the Switch with gyro aiming

CoCage:

Marik2:

CoCage:

I know you're joking, but please no. We got enough Trump analouges already in games and movies. One of which undeservedly went to Shao Khan in MK11. That is insult to Shao Khan. Khan actually has a brain and knows what he is doing.

Vanquish had Hilary Clinton as president and she was secretly colluding with robot putin from what I remember. And she committed suicide at the end of the game. It won't be far too off if the next game had Donald making walls for the guy to slide and jump over them.

Marik2:

CoCage:

Marik2:

I know you're joking, but please no. We got enough Trump analogues already in games and movies. One of which undeservedly went to Shao Khan in MK11. That is insult to Shao Khan. Khan actually has a brain and knows what he is doing.

Vanquish had Hilary Clinton as president and she was secretly colluding with robot putin from what I remember. And she committed suicide at the end of the game. It won't be far too off if the next game had Donald making walls for the guy to slide and jump over them.

And I highly doubt they would have Trump shoot himself if a sequel were made. Honestly, just have Victor Zaitsevfrom the original be the proper big bad. Trump would be a waste of time, space, and a limp dick villain.

If I didn't already get Bayonetta on Steam this would've been enticing.

hanselthecaretaker:
If I didn?t already get Bayonetta on Steam this would?ve been enticing.

No pressure. The reason why I am picking this up is because I want physical copies on modern consoles. I still have my original copies of Bayonetta and vanquish on the 360. I had the Wii u version of the first Bayonetta, but I traded it in with the Wii u version of Bayonetta 2 and my Wii u for a switch. Ibought Bayonetta 2 for the switch, but Bayo 1 only came to a digital code (in Japan both got a physical release, which is bullshit). plus, it will be nice having the Bayonetta application sitting right next to my Devil May Cry folder on PS4.

New Cover Art Behind The Scenes

It's time!

Picked up my pre-order earlier in the evening.

I got my copy like a week ago and finally opened it yesterday, the steelbook case is fucking awesome.

Yoshi178:

CoCage:

so happy i was wrong about this. :')

I just want a sequel to Vanquish.

I'd love to see a sequel to their Transformers and Korra games.

Both were pretty damn good, for licensed games.

Tanis:
I'd love to see a sequel to their Transformers and Korra games.

Both were pretty damn good, for licensed games.

You would most likely see a sequel to the former instead of the latter. LoK has come and gone, aside from the new issue of comics. My interests in Korra dropped and I have only gotten worse a few months after series finale aired.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here