2020 is delayed

Pages 1 2 NEXT

https://twitter.com/NightSkyPrince_/status/1217863861669453825/photo/1

Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Avengers, and now Cyberpunk 2077!

Fuck 2020, just delay the whole fucking year why don't we? Seems like a plan.

CritialGaming:

yep. that'd be pretty funny. lol.

Oh come on FF 7 Remake was only delayed by one month.

There is still Doom Eternal to enjoy for March.

The early year schedule was too crowded anyway, it's good that things are getting delayed. Beside I've been waiting for bannerlord for so long now, a few month delay is trivial in comparison.

Well I mean, of course they are. AAA games remember? Lies and bullshit, followed by false promises, crunch, delays, relaxing of expectations then barely finished Alpha code released with a 10gb day 1 patch, and the audio assignment will still be fucked up and say...37% of players won't be able to play at all.

Only if it means I don't gotta pay all this rent and bills, then hell yeah, delay that shit as long as you want!

It doesn't bother me in the least plus I doubt any of those games are even going to that good. I still got plenty of games to finish like Baba is You, Outer Worlds, Sekiro and RE2 along with quite a few other games that I haven't even touched like Divinity 2, Outer Wilds, Titanfall 2, etc. And, of course, there's always Monster Hunter World that never ends...

Both games already had extremely long development times so what is one or a few more months delay? :p FF7 Remake will be a full 5 years and Cyberpunk is like nearing a decade since it's first tease. Really whenever Squeenix or CDPR announces a game you hope to still be alive by the time it comes out.

Fine by me. What's one more month at the end of years and years of development if it means the game's finished properly?

Big deal. I'm only interested in RE3Remake & Doom Eternal. Cyberpunk I'm curious, but not super invested, and FF VII is on my get later list.Besides, it's only one more month, but I did feel sad for Max when he was disappointed. Avengers I don't care either way. I'm still waiting on the release date for Streets of Rage 4. The TakeOver, Fight n Rage, and SORRemake can only tide me over so much. I got other games to finish, so this works better for me.

stroopwafel:
Both games already had extremely long development times so what is one or a few more months delay? :p FF7 Remake will be a full 5 years and Cyberpunk is like nearing a decade since it's first tease. Really whenever Squeenix or CDPR announces a game you hope to still be alive by the time it comes out.

CritialGaming:

I'd rather they delay and hopefully have a better game then release a broken, buggy POS. Have we forgotten FO76 and Anthem already?

Well, FO76 anyway. I don't blame anyone for forgetting Anthem is/was a thing.

Besides, FF7 is episode 1 of ????? on a timetable of who the hell knows. If you're holding your breath for it you're gonna be holding it for a while no doubt.

Yeah, I've plenty of stuff to play, game delays don't bother me anymore. In fact I welcome them most of the time.

Neurotic Void Melody:
Only if it means I don't gotta pay all this rent and bills, then hell yeah, delay that shit as long as you want!

You also dont get paid.

So swings and roundabouts

OT: I am interested in Cyberpunk in particular but I literally couldn't care less when it comes out. Day 1 buys are an utterly stupid concept. It's okay. You can wait a while before playing a game.

trunkage:

Neurotic Void Melody:

You also dont get paid.

So swings and roundabouts

Was kinda hoping my employer wouldn't notice if I pretended hard enough.

Imagine believing release dates in 2020 2019.

Theres still Doom Eternal coming in march atleast.

Catfood220:
Yeah, I've plenty of stuff to play, game delays don't bother me anymore. In fact I welcome them most of the time.

In that same boat.

I just started Sekrio a few weeks ago and I moved it up my list only because I got it as a crimmis gift. Otherwise I was planning to play DS3 first....in like 6 months.

I still haven't played the new God of War or either of the Red Dead games...just for starters.

Yes.

The expansions of both Stellaris and Europa Universalis 4 are late as well.

I've been looking forward to cyberpunk 2077 for a long long long time and I'm fine adding a few more months for polish based on CD Project Red's reputation as generally not squandering time (though whoever does their PR really needs to just resign because dear god I don't want a repeat of the shit I got over the summer again. Being trans and wanting the game was not a fun combination).

It might mean I'm delayed to next year though as I'm going to be doing a program that will likely monopolize my time to the point that I do't want a neonchrome distraction like that until I'm done with it.

Satinavian:
Yes.

Considering I've already pumped 36 hours into Stellaris since purchasing it new years day, all while also playing CoDMW, Phoenix Point, Cities Skylines, and Age of Wonders Planetfall (man I've been playing a lot of Paradox games recently), I'm mildly thankful for that particular delay...

I'd like to think these games are delayed to polish them up and make sure they come out in the best possible state but realistically speaking, it probably has to do with the new console generation coming out soon.

And the cycle of crunch continues. I won't buy the game out of guilt.

You know, I am starting to lose faith in these game delays. Used to mean better quality end product. Recent years have shown that delays meant the game is bad, it won't get any better.

Last Guardian? Delayed to hell and ended up subjectively bad

No man's Sky? Delayed (and even received death threats) and ended up with bare-bones content. Kudos for cleaning up the mess, though

Mighty No. 9? Delayed due to poor management AND ended up bad.

Crackdown 3? Delayed and ended up being somewhat WORSE than the previous games

Final Fantasy XV? Delayed and ended up with lots of cut content and mediocre gameplay

I can go on like this, but my argument is that most delayed games end up bad or mediocre at best. Now granted there are delayed games that did end up being really well, but those are getting fewer and fewer. For Cyberpunk 2077 to be delayed five months and expecting a crunch, it tells me something is HORRIBLY wrong with the game currently

CoCage:

Yeah let those employees suffer for no reason! You show them. Punish them and yourself!

Take your stance if you want, but you punish yourself out of a game you might really love and you throw away all that hardwork (justified or not) from those employees away.

CritialGaming:

CoCage:

Yeah let those employees suffer for no reason! You show them. Punish them and yourself!

Take your stance if you want, but you punish yourself out of a game you might really love and you throw away all that hardwork (justified or not) from those employees away.

you could say that about not wanting to buy literally any videogame out there.

not everyone cares about Final Fantasy or Cyberpunk as much as you do.

CritialGaming:

CoCage:

This isn't about punishment. I buy games for my reasons and my reasons alone. Not because: "Everybody is doing it!". The only ones punishing are the publishers themselves, and the ungrateful, moronic customers that treat developers like automatons and not fucking actual human beings. I buy games to have fun, and good conciseness, I can't support a publisher that stresses out their employees and learn nothing from the past mistakes they made. Like Jim said, there is some double standard going on because it's CDPR and not Activision, EA, nor Rockstar. I won't apologize. CDPR, you're becoming just like most of the others. Remember that.

If I ever do buy Cyberpunk; it's because I goddamn feel like it. And when the games comes out on the 17th, that will be a no.

Satinavian:
Yes.

Don't both of those games already have like 10 expansions each, in typical paradox fashion?

sgy0003:
You know, I am starting to lose faith in these game delays. Used to mean better quality end product. Recent years have shown that delays meant the game is bad, it won't get any better.

Or subjectively good, but whatever.

Yeah, it's not SOTC but nothing is really and it's hard to hold that against it. It's more like ICO but with a far more expansive set of ruins to transverse and a companion with a bit more agency(one who doesn't just stand there and wait to be kidnapped if you leave her alone for 5 seconds).

Well, I guess that will leave time for Resident Evil 3 and Borderlands 3 when they come to steam. Plus I'll have to catch up on Doom Eternal since I think its coming out around the same time as HalfLife Alyx and I didn't get a steam index to not play the hell out of that.

Dalisclock:

sgy0003:

Yeah, it's not SOTC but nothing is really and it's hard to hold that against it. It's more like ICO but with a far more expansive set of ruins to transverse and a companion with a bit more agency(one who doesn't just stand there and wait to be kidnapped if you leave her alone for 5 seconds).

It also has ghastly controls, a horrid camera, and narration that ruins every scene it's in. I mean, I quite like TLG; Ueda's world is always a magical experience and Trico is an absolute triumph in design, animation and sound, but Christ is it hard to sort through the shittiness in order to get to the quality. And I can fully understand why someone would go 'yeah, to hell with this'.

Dalisclock:

Satinavian:
Yes.

Don't both of those games already have like 10 expansions each, in typical paradox fashion?

For EU4 i finished my Korea and my Japan campaign recently and am pretty much done with all the stuff i wanted to do after the Manchu update. The next update will rework the HRE and i look forward for another try to fully reform it as Thuringia or Saxony.

Stellaris gets a federation rework (which is necessary, before federations were basically not worth the hassle) and, most importantly, origins, which will allow to model certain favorite sci-fi civilisations much better than before. As campaigns take a while, i will start the next one after i can actually do that.

Casual Shinji:

Dalisclock:

sgy0003:

It also has ghastly controls, a horrid camera, and narration that ruins every scene it's in. I mean, I quite like TLG; Ueda's world is always a magical experience and Trico is an absolute triumph in design, animation and sound, but Christ is it hard to sort through the shittiness in order to get to the quality. And I can fully understand why someone would go 'yeah, to hell with this'.

Tis fair.

I'm kinda surprised you didn't mention how your attempts to get trico to move could be irritating, since that's one of the chief complaints and somewhat warranted as well(On one hand, Trico is a semi-feral monster and not a dog. OTOH, sometimes he decides to go in the exact opposite direction you've requested of him...over and over again).

Eh? March and April are still heavily loaded. Pirate Warriors 4, Persona 5R, Gears Tactics, and Doom Eternal. In May we got Last of Us II. I'm fine with spreading that out a bit.

Casual Shinji:

I don't really get the control or camera issues at all. All you have to do in the game is run around, jump, and climb and the controls never failed me or caused me to die. Sure, the whole climbing on big creatures is wonky at times but no dev has perfected that and you're never under time constraints when doing it. Compare that to the massive issues Uncharted's controls have that were never fixed in the entire series that fail you at critical moments constantly. The camera also never bugs out while you're running around actually doing stuff. Sure, it freaks out when your on Trico and you're going through tunnels/doorways or jumping around the environment. But that's just stuff that makes the game feel unpolished vs an actual playability issue. I would've preferred the narration not be there, but it doesn't ruin any of the reveals at the end. It only reveals that the boy doesn't die obviously and is probably there to make players think...

Dalisclock:
I'm kinda surprised you didn't mention how your attempts to get trico to move could be irritating, since that's one of the chief complaints and somewhat warranted as well(On one hand, Trico is a semi-feral monster and not a dog. OTOH, sometimes he decides to go in the exact opposite direction you've requested of him...over and over again).

I had a small handful of issues with that obviously, but nothing too frustrating. I even one time got Trico to get me to a place I totally wasn't supposed to go. I basically forced him to go the totally wrong way and do the whole thing where he lifts ups up to a high ledge so you can jump to it. I wonder if there's some AI coding to Trico where he'll listen to you more if you treat him properly. I learned most of the time if you pay attention to Trico, he's leading you the right way so you should work with him vs against him.

CritialGaming:

CoCage:

Or, y'know, we can properly attribute blame to incompetent publishers instead of trying to guilt people into buying something.

sgy0003:

Isn't saying "subjectively bad" like describing a glass as "half empty"?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.